Bond 26 Title

Comments

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Venutius wrote: »
    Doesn't Licence Renewed suggest that there was a previous licence that'd been revoked for some reason? Mind you, at least it'd imply that NewBond had gone rogue at some point in the past, so there'd be no need to have him repeat it in the actual films! That'd be a reinvention, right there...
    If they did use it I think it's more likely it'd be meant in the meta sense of Bond coming back.

I like the title myself.

Yes, and as I said above that was the meaning behind the title of Gardner’s first Bond novel after the considerable gap between Colonel Sun and Licence Renewed. It is, as you say, somewhat meta and self-referential in nature but it would work equally well in the current film Bond continuity after NTTD.
    If it continued From No time to Die.It should be titled Out from the Dead or Never to Die
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I wonder if Bond 26's title will have any significance to the ending of NTTD? I doubt they'd want to acknowledge NTTD in the next era, so I doubt they'd start the new era off with a title that would reflect or acknowledge the ending of NTTD.

I hope we don't get something terrible like, 007 or simply James Bond.
    I believe if we get an unconventional choice for Bond #7, we'll either Risico or a Fleming chapter title to try to win fans over and get them onside with the new direction
  • TheSkyfallen06TheSkyfallen06 Buenos Aires, Argentina.
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I hope we don't get something terrible like, 007 or simply James Bond.

¿Do You Know What Would Be Worse? That They Made A Film Adaptation Of The "Bond Jr." Series...
    How about the new Bond actor turning to the camera and saying "I TOLD you there was NO TIME TO DIE ! Not to mention that I would die ANOTHER day, and live Twice, and let other people die while I live, not to mention that tomorrow never dies. Did that last ending scare the living daylights out of you ? Do you feel better now, just a little ? Does this give you just a little bit = a quantum - of solace ?
    ...too much, eh ?
    Since62 wrote: »
    How about the new Bond actor turning to the camera and saying "I TOLD you there was NO TIME TO DIE ! Not to mention that I would die ANOTHER day, and live Twice, and let other people die while I live, not to mention that tomorrow never dies. Did that last ending scare the living daylights out of you ? Do you feel better now, just a little ? Does this give you just a little bit = a quantum - of solace ?
    ...too much, eh ?

"..."
    *Loads Shotgun*
    "Oh..."
    *Gets Shot*
    ...too much, eh ?

Too on the nose that, I think. Then again, maybe that's the new direction they're going in?
  • edited August 2022 Posts: 1,571
    ...too much, eh ?

"..."
    *Loads Shotgun*
    "Oh..."
    *Gets Shot*

Funny ! A while ago I suggested a solution to the questions of : Period Bond ? Young Bond ? Mature Bond ? Actor unavailable for a string of movies ? Solution: Bond dies at the end of EACH AND EVERY FILM ! Could switch from young, to old, to period or not, to every other variation feasible ! Apologies to South Park, but they manage to kill Kenny each time and yet he returns in the following episode. I can hear it now, rather like T Case to SC's Bond in DAF after Bond killed Peter Franks, albeit with a slight difference: "OMG ! They killed Bond !"
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    I'm all for this idea, as long as one of his deaths is like this:

Brilliant ! We could have fill-in stories, too.
    Eg. Bond survives the undertaker' assassination attempt in DN...meanwhile, back home in England, the then-008, rather jealous and envious of Bond because M takes Bond to M's club, but not 008, and 008 does not have exotic lovers attracted to himself, and he does not know fine wines, or have a cool car, etc., and mopes around. M is annoyed by 008 and won't even talk to him and M has Tanner give 008 an assignment which M wants to be an awful one, mundane. Not in a cool location. The story would be that 008 lucks out -- thanks to Tanner -- and gets an assignment which would have gone to Bond but for Bond still being in Jamaica. That assignment changes 008's life and he becomes more cool, self-confident, etc. But, until that happens, humorous hijinks ensue such as the Clouseau scene you sent !
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Hell Below Zero

The Man Inside

High Flight

Titles of movies produced by Albert R. Broccoli, that could possibly work as Bond films.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I wouldn't hate a mashup of Licence Renewed and MR the novel for Bond 26.
    echo wrote: »

"LicenceRaker"
    "Licence To Rake"
    "Licence Raked"
    Leaf the rake, take the cannoli...

"LicenceRaker"
    "Licence To Rake"
    "Licence Raked"

"LicenceRaker"
    "Licence To Rake"
    "Licence Raked"

How about a Bond RomCom ? Moonrakerstruck
    Miss Moneypenny, bring me the BIG knife !
    No ! I won't do it !

(Slap !) Snap out of it !
    I love you, Vesper (Tiffany, Honey, whomever...)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Death To Spies
    One Golden Day
    The Bleeding Heart
    Moment Of Truth

Apart from it being a nice title, I think One Golden Day would suit Bond 26, plus it would join the other Bond titles that have Gold in them. Thus, prompting some sort of Bond Nostalgia.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I had Bleeding Heart on my list too; it's nearly there.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »
    I had Bleeding Heart on my list too; it's nearly there.

Yeah. It would make for a bombastic & soulful Bond theme song too.
    "Scorpion/Scorpius" - I Mean, If "Alligator" Was Going To Be The Title For An Unpublished Bond Novel, Then Why Not Scorpion?
    "By The Edge Of Death" - Maybe Would Fit Better For A Novel Chapter Title.
    "Deadly Nights" - Same As Above.
    "Shattered" - Maybe, Maybe Not...
    "Only Three Seconds" - Maybe, Maybe Not...
    "You Never Live Once" - 'YOLT But It's Opposite Day'
    "A Whisper Of Lies" - Maybe...
    "CORRUPTUS" - Wait...
    "CORRUPTUS" - Wait...

Lovin' it !

"A Whisper of Lies".....Mastermind villain gives his speech in a whisper...Bond: "What ? Man, I have no idea what you just said. That bomb you set off earlier has rendered me largely DEAF ! Hopefully not for long. But, you know, could you write it down and I'll read it ?"

"Corruptus"....too close to Interruptus, and heaven know Bond was threatened with Coitus Interruptus a number of times in film endings:
    DN, TB (more than threatened, they ruined the alone time), YOLT (again), OHMSS (rather extremely so), MR (hassled, but not deterred), AVTAK (that little robot is not about to deter Bond and Staaaaacy !), CR (uh-oh, as in OHMSS, quite definitively deterred), NTTD (quite definitively deterred again...QUITE !)
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    "CORRUPTUS" - Wait...

Lovin' it !

"A Whisper of Lies".....Mastermind villain gives his speech in a whisper...Bond: "What ? Man, I have no idea what you just said. That bomb you set off earlier has rendered me largely DEAF ! Hopefully not for long. But, you know, could you write it down and I'll read it ?"

"Corruptus"....too close to Interruptus, and heaven know Bond was threatened with Coitus Interruptus a number of times in film endings:
    DN, TB (more than threatened, they ruined the alone time), YOLT (again), OHMSS (rather extremely so), MR (hassled, but not deterred), AVTAK (that little robot is not about to deter Bond and Staaaaacy !), CR (uh-oh, as in OHMSS, quite definitively deterred), NTTD (quite definitively deterred again...QUITE !)

That's straight out of Archer.
    do-you-want-e4310a7111.jpg
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I always kind of thought the opposite of YOLT came from the trailer voiceover for the film: "You Only Live Twice... and Twice... Is the Only Way To Live"

So y'know: do The Only Way To Die :)
    Return To Service
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I kinda like the idea of the title having 'Operation' before the mission codename. For example:

Operation Corona; Operation Cowslip; Operation Cream Cake

https://jamesbond.fandom.com/wiki/Operations_and_Projects
    QBranch wrote: »
    Operation Cream Cake

Is That Moneypenny's Favorite?
    :> :> :>
    "Backstabbed" - Maybe...
    "The Heart Grows Dark" - Probably...
    "The Endless Cycle" - Probably...
    "One More Day" - Hold Up...
    "Half A Life" - Wait A Minute...
    But Doctor, I've No Time to Die
    You Only Never Die Another Tomorrow
    Lightningcube
    With a Bifocal View to Kill....for a mature Bond
    Septapussy...boat propellor incident, you see...
    edited August 2022 Posts: 17,805
    If we're continuing with the introspection and navel-gazing how about Reflections in a Double Bourbon? It would tie in quite nicely with the penultimate scene of NTTD too.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    But Doctor, I've No Time to Die
    You Only Never Die Another Tomorrow
    Lightningcube
    With a Bifocal View to Kill....for a mature Bond
    Septapussy...boat propellor incident, you see...

The Spectre logo is actually referred to as a 'septapus' in the NTTD script.