Coming soon to cinemas near you! - The upcoming films thread

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'll check it out because I enjoyed the first one but I already know how it'll end with it being a prequel.

Not watched the first film I was just thinking I thought I recognized the title 'Orphan', is it the same set of characters in this prequell?

Potential Spoilers...
    In the TV show I mentioned, a character masquerading as young girl ended up being a 30 something psychopathic killer, the girl in this trailer looks much older than she is supposed to be so wondering if the same idea is being used here.

That is indeed the twist of the first film. I'm guessing this is an all new cast, minus the lead actress.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2022 Posts: 23,102
    I'll check it out because I enjoyed the first one but I already know how it'll end with it being a prequel.

Not watched the first film I was just thinking I thought I recognized the title 'Orphan', is it the same set of characters in this prequell?

Potential Spoilers...
    In the TV show I mentioned, a character masquerading as young girl ended up being a 30 something psychopathic killer, the girl in this trailer looks much older than she is supposed to be so wondering if the same idea is being used here.

That is indeed the twist of the first film. I'm guessing this is an all new cast, minus the lead actress.
    Interesting I will watch the first film, the TV show I mentioned (I wont say what it is called in case someone watches it) did it very well in fact I did not see the reveal coming at all and was actually quite shocked when it happened.
    You could always spoiler tag the show you're speaking of. I think I know which one you're talking about but would be curious to know the answer.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    You could always spoiler tag the show you're speaking of. I think I know which one you're talking about but would be curious to know the answer.
    I think it was season 4 of Slasher
    PREY FOR THE DEVIL Trailer (2022)
    The film doesn't look good but Colin Salmon will be 60 this year. He looks fantastic, barely aged from his Bond days.

This looks hilariously bad. I simply have to see it based on the novelty of Rob Zombie doing a movie that isn’t rated R.
    I had no expectations for it and was still blown away by how terrible it looks, like a really embarrassing student film that should've never seen the light of day.
    I thought that maybe Zombie would be able to do something decent with the property. He's a decent filmmaker, at least for the genre in which he operates, and despite what some would say, I thought he did a solid job on his two Halloween films.

This, on the other hand, looks terrible. There really isn't anything in there that I think can be defended as looking like it has much potential to do anything that would make the project a worthwhile update or homage to the original series.
    Rogue Agent
    Halloween Ends
    It’s a must see, but I’ve long had a bad gut feeling about Halloween Ends. And I like 2018 and Kills a lot.
    First teaser for Oppenheimer, get it while it's around:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RikPETqTKgY
    First teaser for Oppenheimer, get it while it's around:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/RikPETqTKgY

Hopefully it will be a return to form, guaranteed it will be technically good.

Just noticed the 4K Tenet Disk is now only £7 so I will buy it, I have seen the film in 4K before though it was not the IMAX aspect ratio version.
    It comes out a week after Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning, which probably isn't the smartest decision for a summertime historical drama.

As for Tenet, that's a one and done for me. I doubt I'll ever revisit it. Awful film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves

I didn't even know this was something being made. Oof.
    E.T. The Extra Terrestrial IMAX Re-Release Trailer (2022)

Not a fan of the film, though John Williams scores is brilliant.

Never liked it! The kids in it were annoying brats and E.T. resembles a giant turd!
    Much prefer hostile Aliens like 'The Thing'
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Never liked it! The kids in it were annoying brats and E.T. resembles a giant turd!
    Much prefer hostile Aliens like 'The Thing'

John Carpenters The Thing is one of my favorites along with Alien.

I smiled, that was fing stupid 😂 Loved it.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Looks cooler than Shazam.
    Rogue Agent

Who stole my cover?????????!!!!!!!!!! :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Rogue Agent

It’s the first film in the MI6 Community cinematic universe. James Norton is @RogueAgent. ;)
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Rogue Agent

That did cross my mind lol
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I cannot wait for this. I really enjoyed X, and cannot wait to see what Ti West does here. If anyone here hasn't seen X, you should definitely check it out.
    First look at Brendan Fraser in Darren Aronofsky's The Whale:

220727081608-brendan-fraser-the-whale-exlarge-169.jpg