Where does Bond go after Craig?

Comments

I think Bond's response was sincere, though certainly he must have known it would drive her whackadoo. Or do you think he said it strictly to throw her off ?
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Since62 wrote: »
    I think Bond's response was sincere, though certainly he must have known it would drive her whackadoo. Or do you think he said it strictly to throw her off ?

I've always thought he was sincere. He didn't need to invent a sexual episode to upset Fatima, I'm sure there were many real ones to bring up. It's also more in keeping with Bond's cool style to think that, while he might have been seconds away from getting shot in the balls, that didn't prevent him from fondly recalling a past conquest. He was nervous about the balls, sure, but he couldn't help but remember that girl in Philadelphia, who was really something, I'm sure...

But anyway, I love the way Fatima says "LIAR!" Such a fun performance.
  • DB5MNDB5MN USA
    I hope the next bond Era they take some lessons from hitchcock films.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I was always a bit disappointed Bond had been to Philadelphia really. It’s not quite his usual standard of destination :D
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    A bit of trivia: James Bond the ornithologist (who our Bond was named after) was born and died in Philadelphia!
  • BirdlesonBirdleson Moderator
    I was born about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia. I guess I need to return to die.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I was born about 20 minutes outside of Philadelphia. I guess I need to return to die.

It's always sunny in Philadelphia, pal. ;-)
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    Don’t Make Bond a Woman: Ana de Armas Joins Daniel Craig in Calling for 007 to Remain Male

-Variety

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ana-de-armas-james-bond-male-not-woman-1235321581/amp/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As it should be. Give me an original female spy, don't give me Jane Bond. I'm still awaiting a sequel to Atomic Blonde.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    As it should be. Give me an original female spy, don't give me Jane Bond. I'm still awaiting a sequel to Atomic Blonde.

Atomic Blonde is terrific !

Atomic Blonde is terrific !

That it is! A fine adaptation that feels fresh and deserving of a sequel with Theron and Leitch returning.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    This, I'd love a sequel to Atomic Blonde, and it's not that Bond is a man it's that we don't have enough women as well. But it's draining hearing this same sentiment repeated ad nauseam for every woman who's even vaguely associated with the Bond franchise.
    This, I'd love a sequel to Atomic Blonde, and it's not that Bond is a man it's that we don't have enough women as well. But it's draining hearing this same sentiment repeated ad nauseam for every woman who's even vaguely associated with the Bond franchise.

Yes, she's just a great character !
    edited July 2022 Posts: 40,459
    It's one of those patronizing questions that I'm sure all women involved with the Bond roles get at some point, much like how journalists and entertainment show hosts can only seem to ask women about what they're wearing at the awards shows.
  • BondInsiderBondInsider Nashville, TN
    I've been hearing rumors that the next Bond is going to be a man with boobs. How does everyone feel about this? Apparently it goes something like Bond was captured by Spectre and they performed a forced sex change operation but he escaped with only boobs. There are some identity crisis themes throughout.
    As long as they're a really nice pair...
    As long as they're a really nice pair...

I second that.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited July 2022 Posts: 2,925
    BondInsider is correct:

daniel-craig-drag-international-womens-day-2011.jpg
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I've been hearing rumors that the next Bond is going to be a man with boobs. How does everyone feel about this? Apparently it goes something like Bond was captured by Spectre and they performed a forced sex change operation but he escaped with only boobs. There are some identity crisis themes throughout.

Nashville,TN...
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible

:))
    Venutius wrote: »
    BondInsider is correct:

daniel-craig-drag-international-womens-day-2011.jpg

:)) Still looked good though.....
  • DB5MNDB5MN USA
    MI6HQ wrote: »
    Don’t Make Bond a Woman: Ana de Armas Joins Daniel Craig in Calling for 007 to Remain Male

-Variety

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/ana-de-armas-james-bond-male-not-woman-1235321581/amp/

Well at least some people have sanity still
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited July 2022 Posts: 14,867

Interesting first post @BondInsider
    Have security keep a good eye on him.
    Benny wrote: »

Have security keep a good eye in him.

In him? I don't think we get paid enough for that sort of thing.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »

NTTD was more prophetic than expected

NTTD was more prophetic than expected

This opens up a whole new world of expressions ! Very eye-opening, you might say. Such as "I've got my eye in you." "Better keep an eye in that guy !" "I spy, in my little eye..."
    I'd liked to see Matthew Macfadyen appear in a Bond film, but I don't know in what role would I put him.....
    He'd played Darcy in Pride and Prejudice (2005).

He's old already to be Bond, so definitely no, but I could see him as either M or a Main Villain.
  • CharmianBondCharmianBond Pett Bottom, Kent
    I'd liked to see Matthew Macfadyen appear in a Bond film, but I don't know in what role would I put him.....

He's old already to be Bond, so definitely no, but I could see him as either M or a Main Villain.

I pegged him as good for Tanner in another thread a little while ago, it'd be a stretch for me to see him as M or a main villain.

I pegged him as good for Tanner in another thread a little while ago, it'd be a stretch for me to see him as M or a main villain.

Yes! I could also see him as Tanner too.
    Thanks! @CharmianBond :)
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com

Oh, so they're finally going to use that Anthony Burgess TSWLM script after all...