The Award Winning : 'Bond...comments while you watch...'

Comments

• edited June 2022 Posts: 15,818
    I love Kamen's score as Bond and Sharkey sneak into the warehouse at night.
    Damn I love this Bond film!

I love the fish tank shattering and all over Bond, and ruining his tailored casual outfit.
    Another great Dalton moment as he sneaks aboard the Wavekrest. Great stuff.
    Bond is getting creamed during the underwater scuffle.
    The audience cheered loudly as he waterskied behind the plane.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 15,818
    One of my favorite scenes in movie history: the Barrelhead bar sequence.
    Only $3.50 for two Buds with a lime.
    I love shoddy back projection. The scene with Pam on the boat rivals the back projection during the car chase sequence with the Three Blind Mice in DR NO.
    Why are the padded leather doors to M's office blue in this film?
    .......and as Bond and Pam arrive at the hotel in Isthmus, the bad hair day begins.

Since he plans apply for a job with Sanchez, 007 stopped at the hotel barber shop after leaving the bank. Pam got a nice new make over, so why not?

However, Bond forgot to bring his trusty photo of Hoagy Carmichael to the barber and had trouble describing what he wanted.
    Hence, the barber effed up Bond's hair, and then tried to cover up by slicking it back.

500 kilos. I...... I knew they'd go for it!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    .......and as Bond and Pam arrive at the hotel in Isthmus, the bad hair day begins.

Since he plans apply for a job with Sanchez, 007 stopped at the hotel barber shop after leaving the bank. Pam got a nice new make over, so why not?

However, Bond forgot to bring his trusty photo of Hoagy Carmichael to the barber and had trouble describing what he wanted.
    Hence, the barber effed up Bond's hair, and then tried to cover up by slicking it back.

I can tell by your avatar that you keep your hair ToTheLeft. Personally, I keep mine @ToTheRight .

I can tell by your avatar that you keep your hair ToTheLeft. Personally, I keep mine @ToTheRight .

Haha! Good one!
    Another great viewing of LTK!
    I love shoddy back projection. The scene with Pam on the boat rivals the back projection during the car chase sequence with the Three Blind Mice in DR NO.

Apparently Carey Lowell was a little perplexed at the shooting of this scene, par for the course for John Glen. Really like this sequence though, great chemistry between them, love the banter over the price, though the perv in me would have liked to have seen the implied sex scene!
    Mathis1 wrote: »

Apparently Carey Lowell was a little perplexed at the shooting of this scene, par for the course for John Glen. Really like this sequence though, great chemistry between them, love the banter over the price, though the perv in me would have liked to have seen the implied sex scene!

I've always liked this scene, too.
    Still playing NSNA. Yes. Other hobbies have diverted my attention these past weeks.

- First of all, the tango. As out of place as wannabe iconic: two of the greatest sex symbols of the late 20th century dancing together!
    - The motorbike chase. Now that I know that more than half of the stuntmen here were also on the EON series in general and OP in particular, I can say this is the most EON-esque scene of all the non-official Bond films.
    - I want to pinpoint Brandauer's performance, here. And I'll be thankful if anyone of you guys can confirm this: is that true that Basinger was literally scared shitless by Brandauer's Klaus Kinski-like antics and that she isn't actually bothering to act during the jade sculpture sequence? Because she looks genuinely freaked out to me.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 1,009
    I don't know if there is a specific thread for this, but NOW, after nearly 15 years here, I feel able to rank the Leiters:

8- JOHN TERRY: Errrr… Who?
    7- NORMAN BURTON: An incompetent, obtuse and even obtrusive bureaucrat.
    6- CEC LINDER: From him on, I like them all for one reason or another. A bit of an old timer; a portly, mild-mannered, warm, non-action guy, but you can depend on him even if he's a little gullible. The cut scene on Fort Knox is a proof of his actual skill.
    5- RIK VAN NUTTER: Hot-headed, juvenile even with his silver hair and not extremely bright, but he's dependable, patient with Bond's antics and quite friendly.
    4- BERNIE CASEY: Very much like Van Nutter's, but more imponent physically, way more smart and having a lot of sass.
    3- JACK LORD: The blueprint. As much as skilled as Bond if they let him, combines dead seriousness with a tendency of cracking lame jokes, much like 007.
    2- DAVID HEDISON: An annoyed, but patient and faithful friend to Bond on LALD, his sworn blood brother on LTK. I always love the contrast of Hedison's performances at the end of The Fly with his botched execution on LTK (two terrible beasts about to eat him): the sheer horror on both, but the helplessness on one and the defiance on the other. Capt. Crane, you were such an actor.
    1- JEFFREY WRIGHT: Take Lord, Casey and Hedison, mix them and add one of the finest character actors of these two decades. Three appearances: competent, funny, friendly, being a REAL brother figure to Bond (looking at you, Öberhausen/Blofeld), saving his neck and risking his job and life on separate occasions. When Bond dies on NTTD, I just shrug. Felix's death is one the most heartbraking on all the series, if not THE most.
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    @bigladiesman . An interesting observation on Jeffrey Wright's death in NTTD. I thought I was the only one that had that reaction. Thanks.
    @Dwayne I saw NTTD knowing this and it was still pretty traumatic. Good job by Fukunaga and the gang.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 1,009
    Final comments on NSNA:
    - I would have loved to see the intended ending with Roger Moore cameo-ing. On paper. it was so fitting for this movie…
    - Sergio Mendes co-producing the theme song. Well, the more you know…

And, well, back to other movies. Over the years I'm getting less and less inclined to watch extras.
    The confused / concerned looks on Moore’s face when Magda tells him about her tattoo being “her little Octopussy” and Octopussy explaining her father gave her that nickname… priceless.
    Just finished my first week of training at my new job. Wonderful hours and now I have a holiday weekend. I feel as excited as Paloma tackling her first big assignment.

NO TIME TO DIE has passed my Bond re-watch test.
    The newest entry is indeed a Bond epic I tend to go for often.
    .........and here we go again...........

I'm at the Q scene where Bond and Moneypenny crash Q's dinner date.

This cast does have amazing chemistry.
    Safin's scene with Madeleine is great, IMO.
    He gets a lot of flack, but I think he's a great Bond villain.
    ........another scene I love is Bond and M debriefing after their falling out only moments ago. Ralph Fiennes is at his peak in this film. He's a superb M.
    I sure do like his haircut in this film. Very classic and old school. He looks like he could have fit in as an M during the Cold War. We get the MAJESTY'S theme music here to give it some ambience.
    Nomi certainly obsesses on her double O number.
    I have a work number and I don't care what it is.
    I'm about half way thru this Bond and I only feel like it started ten minutes ago.
    Considering this is the longest entry, the pace is spot on.

Bond nearly chokes up when he sees Madeleine. Craig is excellent throughout this film.
    Cuckoo.
    ........and Logan Ash gets it.

Great scene!

I sure do like Bond's coat during these scenes.
    .........and Bond get's his cherished double O number back.
    The section leading up to Bond and Nomi's commute to Safin's island could probably have been trimmed. I love this set piece, though.
    Great WWII era setting. I love it!
    Valdo is pretty obnoxious.
    Malek is clearly having fun with his character.
    Quite a long Bond/villain dialogue scene.

Bond KNEELs BEFORE SAFIN!

This bit is kind of funny.
    Bond is clearly moved when Mathilde says she lost her little Dou Dou.
    This reminds me of a lesser discussed Humphrey Bogart film, TOKYO JOE . Bogie discovers he has a long lost daughter and has no idea how to respond.
    He gives up his life for her as well.