Batman

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The film now stands at 600 mil at the BO.

Considering its costs, I'm not sure if that's enough to call it a financial success at this point already. It's a critical success, for sure. But I'm not too well-versed in the movie financing business to decide whether or not the film is doing well enough.
  • Revelator wrote: »

Was this the episode where Joker taped over the recording of Lifestyles of the Orphaned and Privileged Batman was waiting to see?
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 2,895
    Yes, episode four, season two. There was a big fight but they made up and went shopping:

superheroes-batman-dc-joker-and-michael-keaton-get-nuts
  • Classic Joker and Batman.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2022 Posts: 5,869
    If you haven't seen The Batman, I don't advise opening this:
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Denbigh wrote: »
    If you haven't seen The Batman, I don't advise opening this:

When was this scene supposed/planned to take place in the movie? Final scene? Earlier? And it confirms, what I figured out in the movie theatre.
    That was a much more interesting and impressive scene than the Riddler meeting Joker IMO and would have been a better introduction. The Riddler / Joker meeting was the one bit I actually found to be forced in the movie, and if we had gotten this one first or neither of them, I think it’d be a little improved.
    I feel a good fan trailer creator could use this scene to create a fan trailer for the batman 2

I if I have time and energy will at least write what I would do if i had time
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2022 Posts: 4,343
    Here’s the amazing deleted scene from Arkham with you know who in 4K:

He will come back in the upcoming Arkham TV series.
    They should have left that scene in! Much more impressive than a lot of other sequences! Maybe they though it too similar to 'meeting with Hannibal Lector' scene in 'Manhunter'?
  • I love the look that they went for. Super unhinged.
  • edited March 2022 Posts: 2,897
    Great scene. I love how they don't show the Joker's face in full but give us these horrific close shots of his deformities. I can see why it wasn't included though as it doesn't add anything to the finished film. Surprised they released it though, would have been worth incorporating/adapting this into the sequel - ie. don't have Joker be the main villain but more a prominent secondary one to the plot - a sort of Hannibal Lecter figure as in Silence of The Lambs or Manhunter.
    They really need to stop using Joker.Batman has other villains in his rogues gallery that have not been used folks!
    AstonLotus wrote: »
    They really need to stop using Joker.Batman has other villains in his rogues gallery that have not been used folks!

I agree that there are tons of other villains. I'd love to see Ivy and Freeze done well in a movie; I'd love to see Hatter, Pyg, Hush, ... BUT, there's no denying that Joker is the big one, the Prince, the ultimate foe whose crazy charisma is unparalleled by any other villain in any fictional universe, at least in my opinion. I therefore understand why Hamm and Skaaren, Goyer and the Nolans, and now, probably, Reeves as well want(ed) to include Joker at some point. Even the Snyderverse couldn't resist.
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    They should have left that scene in! Much more impressive than a lot of other sequences! Maybe they though it too similar to 'meeting with Hannibal Lector' scene in 'Manhunter'?
    It definitely is a callback to Manhunter. It's a great interaction but they were right to leave it out. The scene does a disservice to Batman's intelligence and detective skills. He gives the file to Joker and he solves it in under 10 seconds.
    DarthDimi wrote: »

I agree that there are tons of other villains. I'd love to see Ivy and Freeze done well in a movie; I'd love to see Hatter, Pyg, Hush, ... BUT, there's no denying that Joker is the big one, the Prince, the ultimate foe whose crazy charisma is unparalleled by any other villain in any fictional universe, at least in my opinion. I therefore understand why Hamm and Skaaren, Goyer and the Nolans, and now, probably, Reeves as well want(ed) to include Joker at some point. Even the Snyderverse couldn't resist.

True.But he’s been done to death and can’t imagine anyone topping Ledgers performance.I want to see The Man-Bat in a Matt Reeves film.It would fit in more with his near horror like depiction of Gotham City.

DarthDimi wrote: »

True.But he’s been done to death and can’t imagine anyone topping Ledgers performance.I want to see The Man-Bat in a Matt Reeves film.It would fit in more with his near horror like depiction of Gotham City.

Man-Bat is one of my favourite characters, especially because I find Langstrom's story tragic and, indeed, often horrific. Also, a little RL Stevenson in this Batman universe could match, I agree.
    I definitely want Reeves to tackle one unused batman villain I was thinking Mad Hatter could definitely be creepy
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Jimjambond wrote: »
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    It definitely is a callback to Manhunter. It's a great interaction but they were right to leave it out. The scene does a disservice to Batman's intelligence and detective skills. He gives the file to Joker and he solves it in under 10 seconds.

Agreed. It's a beautifully shot and performed scene, but it actually undermines the narrative as opposed to simply not adding anything to it.
    One more scene? It was already almost 3 hours long.........................

I do agree that it would be great to see a villain that has yet to get the big screen treatment.
  • My preference for future villains would be any that haven't been done in a movie yet. Batman has so many rogues and so many of them would be great in a film, yet whenever a new Batman film is made it feels like there must be only ten Batman villains that were ever created. Batman Begins using Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, and Carmine Falcone for the first time (with a nod to Zsasz as well) felt refreshingly different. The Joker can comfortably be retired for a long, long time.
    Imagine Maxi Zeus, Clay Face or Solomon Grundy in a modern Batman flick.
  • Clay Face in particular is one I would love to see done well in live action.
    Clay Face in particular is one I would love to see done well in live action.

The story "Growing Pains" from The New Batman Adventures, featuring Clayface, is quite an emotional one. Until I'd seen that episode, I wouldn't have guessed that Clayface could have such strong arcs.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark

Joker will be part of the HBO Max “Arkham” TV series. He won’t be the main villain of the sequel.
    matt_u wrote: »

Joker will be part of the HBO Max “Arkham” TV series. He won’t be the main villain of the sequel.

Could be a wise move, although eventually, I reckon, they will haul him in for a film. Joker usually sells tickets, Suicide Squad notwithstanding.
  • DarthDimi wrote: »
    Clay Face in particular is one I would love to see done well in live action.

The story "Growing Pains" from The New Batman Adventures, featuring Clayface, is quite an emotional one. Until I'd seen that episode, I wouldn't have guessed that Clayface could have such strong arcs.

Oh yes, that's a great one. His whole arc from the two-part BTAS origin story "Feat of Clay" to "Mudslide" to "Growing Pains" is fantastic. He could totally be done as a tragic and tortured villain in one of these more serious Snyder or Reeves films.
  • Mr. Freeze is my number 1 pick for the main villain in the next film. It’s time we all move past such great memorable dialog like “Let’s Kick Some Ice!” or “Alright Everyone! Chill!”
    Yes. He needs some new lines. "Cool your jets, everyone..." "All right, all right, it's cool." "This food is too hot. It needs to cool down." "I've got to admit, Batman, you're pretty cool. But I'm the coolest !" "Do you know my favorite type of art ? A frieze !"