"Name That Quote"

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    After much, much pondering on this one, I'm still stumped.
    And I pride myself on my Bond quote ability. Damn you Baltimore.
    ;)
    Any more attempts etc ?

If I look back now, maybe this was quite difficult.. I did assume at the time it would be snapped up straight away etc

Once again -

We'll be in Touch

I have a Gold Star waiting for somebody
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Colonel Scott to Gogol in MR?
    blow me, he's only gone and done it

That was indeed what I was looking for

Colonel Scott (on the 'phone to General Gogol in Moonraker about the hidden Drax spacestation)

Creasy 47 -

(*)
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 4,762
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Colonel Scott to Gogol in MR?

Dah! You're absolutely right, I'm sure that's what it is. If this is right, which I'm 90% sure it is, nice snag Crease!

EDIT: Yes, you are right. Hahaha, Baltimore posted just when I did.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 40,637
    Awesome! I love gold stars; thank you very much @Baltimore_007 and @00Beast.

Alright, give me a moment to think up a good quote.

EDIT: Here's a good one, shouldn't be too bad:

"A fall?"

I will be falling asleep here shortly, and will announce the winner (if one is present) in the morning.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Awesome! I love gold stars; thank you very much @Baltimore_007 and @00Beast.

Alright, give me a moment to think up a good quote.

EDIT: Here's a good one, shouldn't be too bad:

"A fall?"

I will be falling asleep here shortly, and will announce the winner (if one is present) in the morning.

Can't argue with this

I honestly don't know what it could be, the time of night has robbed me of rational thought, I was thinking all kinds of happenings such as the Moonraker opening to this years Skyfall release to some airplane 'accident' such as Gobinda or Necros but it looks like you've picked a beaut here this time

In any event,

I'm falling into bed, Goodnight

I-)
    @Baltimore_007, why thank you! Yes, it's a grand idea; I'm drained and tired. Goodnight, everyone!
  • Pat fearing to Bond in Thunderball regarding his bruise?
    @OffSpringFan88, I do believe that's it. Been a while since we did this thread, and I've juggled other quotes since then. But yes, that sounds like it's right. Over to you.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @OffSpringFan88, I do believe that's it. Been a while since we did this thread, and I've juggled other quotes since then. But yes, that sounds like it's right. Over to you.

Yes, it is when she asks Bond about his bruise, the aftermath of his fight with Bouvier.
    Pretty pathetic that I had to get confirmation on the quote I offered up, haha. Thanks for the clarification, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7.
    Look - James Bond quotes thread, this is one of my favorites on MI6

Who's up next, can we keep this moving please? Looks like OffspringFan88 is up next, so worth a mention again to keep this fresh, hope he comes back soon
    Look - James Bond quotes thread, this is one of my favorites on MI6

Who's up next, can we keep this moving please? Looks like OffspringFan88 is up next, so worth a mention again to keep this fresh, hope he comes back soon

It's been far too long, and this member only has 11 posts to begin with, and I don't think anyone has seen them recently. Is a bump in order?
    I just gave it a bump Mr Beast :|

Thing is, I really do like this round, and I don't want it sailing away into the sunset, it is a little frustrating when guys supply what turns out to be a correct response and then vanish off the face of the earth, but still hopeful Offspring 88 will be back for this, even though it was Mr Creasy with the actual question itself

Thing is, I really do like this round, and I don't want it sailing away into the sunset, it is a little frustrating when guys supply what turns out to be a correct response and then vanish off the face of the earth, but still hopeful Offspring 88 will be back for this, even though it was Mr Creasy with the actual question itself

What I'm saying is, why don't we just take it from him? He's obviously not returning anytime soon, so we might as well let someone else take the wheel for this round.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

I sent him a PM. If he doesn't answer back within the week, then just move on.
  • Sorry guys for not carrying it on been busy with work, anyway here we go again ytou'll prob get it first time.

"Where is she?"
    Bravo Mr Offspring 88 =D>

I almost said Connery in DAF, at the very start, but that was 'Where is HE' ?

I know this, I really do,

Wait a minute, is it Kamran Shah in The Living Daylights.... he doesn't know where Kara Milovy is......I'm pretty sure that is the answer

Sorry guys for not carrying it on been busy with work, anyway here we go again ytou'll prob get it first time.

"Where is she?"

Definitely a Brosnan quote, yes indeed! It's in The World is not Enough when 007 holds one of Renard's men at gunpoint, asking where Christmas Jones is being held hostage aboard the submarine.
    It's one of those instances again, where a quote is mentioned in more than one Bond release. Now that you mention it, I remember clearly the Brosnan on submarine quote now, but also, am 99 per cent certain it is in Daylights too with the Art Malik character in Afghanistan when d'Abo goes missing.. 'where is she'

I guess OffSpring 88 knows which one it is so we shall just have to see. Both correct answers by my math..
    It's one of those instances again, where a quote is mentioned in more than one Bond release. Now that you mention it, I remember clearly the Brosnan on submarine quote now, but also, am 99 per cent certain it is in Daylights too with the Art Malik character in Afghanistan when d'Abo goes missing.. 'where is she'

I guess OffSpring 88 knows which one it is so we shall just have to see. Both correct answers by my math..

I believe you are correct as well, yeah now that I think about it, both of us are right. Only he knows the right answer! It's a showdown now between me and you! Hahahaha.
  • @00Beast is right this time, thought you would get it first time, it's actually said in two Brosnan films as well. GE and TWINE
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 236
    I don't remember Alec Trevelyan saying that in Goldeneye, although rushed for time and not thinking on all fronts, maybe at the base in Cuba most likely, but can't quite remember. It's said in too many releases is what it is :-<
  • Bond says it to Trevelyan on the train asking about Natalya, "Where is she?" "Ah yes...your fatal weakness"
    @00Beast is up next.. for when he is next on

(I do like this round and want to keep things moving)

Don't want it lost in archives :((
    @00Beast is up next.. for when he is next on

(I do like this round and want to keep things moving)

Don't want it lost in archives :((

Never fear, I am here!

New quote: "Stand up."
    Bond/Kerim to Benz in FRWL on the train??
    Bond/Kerim to Benz in FRWL on the train??

Incorrect my good man! Keep trying!