NO TIME TO DIE (2021) - Critical Reaction and Box Office Performance

Comments

• I think there are only a couple small territories left, Phillipines being one of them. So they might add maybe another $5m to the pot.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited November 2021 Posts: 4,343
    I think there are only a couple small territories left, Phillipines being one of them. So they might add maybe another $5m to the pot.

Malaysia as well. Those two markets combined provided like $8M for SP.

US, UK and China will roughly provide another $30M combined.
    In the US NTTD is gonna surpass AQP2 hitting the $160M mark.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    So NTTD failed to fail after all.

• RyanRyan Canada
    mattjoes wrote: »
    This film has such legs, that if Bond had legs like that, he would still be alive today.
    I'm sure his legs might be in the nearby waters.
  • Ryan wrote: »

Nah, he evaporated in that blast...

Hope Mathilde gets that ceramic bulldog....

In the UK NTTD is unstoppable. Its cume stands at £93.9M (Avatar grossed £94M).

It’s crazy but it only needs £9.4M to best SF becoming the highest grossing Bond film in the UK! There’s a chance it’s gonna make it. Crazy.
  • matt_u wrote: »

I thought it might be pulled from China, is is still playing this week?

matt_u wrote: »

I thought it might be pulled from China, is is still playing this week?

Yes it will be playing next weekend as well.
  • manovermanover uk
    With thanksgiving coming up in USA..could this push NTTD to the 170 million category?
  • RyanRyan Canada
    manover wrote: »
    With thanksgiving coming up in USA..could this push NTTD to the 170 million category?

If it managed to pull that off then that would certainly sweeten the "beating Fast 9" deal by having it also outperform it domestically! That would require another $23 million though, so I don't know that we'll quite get there. At the very least, it'll be nice to see it best the worldwide gross by next weekend.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 214
    manover wrote: »

Doubt it. If Thanksgiving is Nov 25th, that makes it Day 49 of NTTD when its box-office is very much in decline, so its Thanksgiving weekend might be very similar to the upcoming weekend which I'll put in the ballpark of 3.3m

Maybe 155.5m by this time next weekend
    and 160m after Thanksgiving weekend

Another 10 after that is asking the tail to wag the dog....i won't argue if it does :)
    I think it will end its domestic run with a $160/165M gross. Anything more would be shocking. Anyway, beside the new Spider-man that will become without a doubt the highest grossing film of 2021 (and even 2022), there's still Venom 2 that IF it will come out in China it may have a chance to surpass NTTD globally. The first one made $270M in China and a closer release date to No Way Home may be able to fuel the hype there (Spidey features in Venom's post credit scene).
    Hopefully it won’t happen since Venom 2 should end its run without China at $510/520M.
  • By all accounts F9 is a load of garbage.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    By all accounts F9 is a load of garbage.

I typically enjoy the Fast films for what they are, but I found 9 to be nearly unwatchable.
    So basically Daniel Craig starred in the four highest grossing movies in the UK, since he did a cameo on TFA.

g3hjEPK.gif
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    So, “Spider-Man: No Way Home“ will obviously surpass NTTD and reach the $1B mark with ease. My question is: if it fails to reach NTTD’s global box office, within the two weeks of screening time it has in 2021, will it still be considered the highest grossing Hollywood film of 2021?
    HMBFF wrote: »
    So, “Spider-Man: No Way Home“ will obviously surpass NTTD and reach the $1B mark with ease. My question is: if it fails to reach NTTD’s global box office, within the two weeks of screening time it has in 2021, will it still be considered the highest grossing Hollywood film of 2021?

Yep.

EDIT: Here’s a resume of NTTD’s performance in the UK.

No Time To Die posted its best hold to date for Universal, falling just 21.6% with a £1.6m weekend.
    The film now has £92.7m from seven weekends in cinemas, and is coming up on the £95.2m of 2015’s Spectre. On current trajectory, it should pass the previous Bond entry in around a fortnight’s time.
    It is now taking around double what Spectre took at the same stage, with that title having grossed £805,000 on its seventh weekend. It has also surpassed the like-for-like cume of £92m – even with Spectre having played for 49 days by that point, compared to No Time To Die’s 46.
    No Time To Die is still slightly behind the weekend-on-weekend of Skyfall, which took £1.4m on its seventh session for a £96.2m cume. It is gradually catching up, with Skyfall’s £103.2m final number an unlikely target but still not entirely written off.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    NTTD has opened in Australia to $11.23 million, taking 70% of the total weekend box office.

I just realized that NTTD has the lowest domestic gross of any film that still topped $700 million worldwide EVER.
    Domestic? That would be England?
    Stamper wrote: »
    Domestic? That would be England?

Domestic means the North America’s market in the box-office glossary.
  • matt_u wrote: »
    I just realized that NTTD has the lowest domestic gross of any film that still topped $700 million worldwide EVER.

Surely you mean non-Chinese film?

Yes. Anyway, are those Chinese films even come out in the US?

Unless I've missed something, I think you'd pretty much have to steal Lake Chanjin to watch it in the States.
  • Ryan wrote: »

I typically enjoy the Fast films for what they are, but I found 9 to be nearly unwatchable.

I’m not sure I’ll ever watch 9. I really enjoyed the new lease of life that series found with 5 and 6, and 7 was okay, but I think they probably should’ve stopped there. It would’ve made a good ending, and 8 and the spinoff just bored me.

Unless I've missed something, I think you'd pretty much have to steal Lake Chanjin to watch it in the States.

I don’t think anyone here will ever care about that sick propaganda garbage. :D
    Anyway I was talking about Hollywood films. It just shows NTTD’s monster run internationally.
  • FeyadorFeyador Montreal, Canada
    Ryan wrote: »

Nah, he evaporated in that blast...

Hope Mathilde gets that ceramic bulldog....

I wonder where those skis in the lock-up have been?

I don’t think anyone here will ever care about that sick propaganda garbage. :D
    Anyway I was talking about Hollywood films. It just shows NTTD’s monster run internationally.

Wasn't there something like a one to one equivalency decades ago for Bond films, domestic v. international, I mean?
  • RyanRyan Canada
    Ryan wrote: »

I’m not sure I’ll ever watch 9. I really enjoyed the new lease of life that series found with 5 and 6, and 7 was okay, but I think they probably should’ve stopped there. It would’ve made a good ending, and 8 and the spinoff just bored me.

If 8 bored you then 9 most certainly won't be worth your time. It's extremely tedious to sit through and far too long. The worst of the series by a fairly wide margin!

On a more positive note, I just finished up my first of what is likely to be two or three Amazon viewings of No Time To Die. The rental is good for 72 hours!
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    That’s too bad. I haven’t seen F9, but I was happy to see Justin Lin return as director and (inexplicably) bring back Han from the dead.