Bond Clothing

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Volante wrote:
    Was going to buy a pair of Gazelle's but found they're a much brighter blue in real life. Didn't look quite as good as they did on screen. Also a very narrow shoe.

That's what I sadly realized. I was going to buy them, too: they look quite comfortable and I could use a new nice pair of tennis shoes. But they look too different than the film.
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 91
    Just to proudly inform that the cuffs We produced have been featured in the
    Www.thebondexperience.com
    Video podcast by david zaritsky, check out the holiday gift video 12th minute right after he discusses swarovski email [email protected] for info
    Cheers
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 4,813
    For anyone interested, Magnoli is currently having a special, where if you buy the SkyFall sunglasses you get a free tie! I got the 'Quantum' one

extra-image-1643.jpg

If it manages to get here by the time I have my rehearsal dinner I'll be sure to wear that tie!

*forgot the link 8-}
    http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/skyfall-sunglasses-glasses-p-639.html
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,497
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Spring is in the air and I treated myself to a Sunspel Riviera Polo. Now if I could only afford to visit The Ocean Club.

FoH45aS.jpg
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    That's a great look, @talos7!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Thank you @Agent_99 !
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Tiny little anecdote and maybe we can revive this thread a bit:

While on vacation I stepped into a Barbour store - we don't have those where I live. Basically the first thing I saw was the Barbour x Engineered Garments Covert jacket Bond wears in Jamaica and Cuba in No Time to Die (I hope that isn't a spoiler). Or rather: The Covert jacket which is similar to but not exactly the jacket he wears in NTTD.
    Salesman comes over and immediatly says it's the James Bond jacket, although he officially isn't allowed to say that as they don't have an official partnership with Eon and can't advertise with the name James Bond. He hadn't seen the film and asked me whether it can be seen and so on. After chatting a bit he went to his colleague and said something along the lines of "the guy over there immediatly recognized the jacket!" which I thought was funny. We chatted a bit more about how the jacket in Skyfall is something that they still get asked about, but they don't expect this one to be as big a hit as they had heard it isn't featured as heavily (which is true). They also said even though there is no official partnership, the jacket was held back to be released with the film. I forgot to ask them whether this is the actual film model (Graham) or the reproduction (Covert), but I would suspect it is the later. Remmert from James Bond Lifestyle is usually spot-on with these things..

In the end, they didn't have an L and the cut doesn't really seem to work for me anyway, so I didn't have to try and justify the price to myself or my girlfriend who was slightly confused by that whole exchange anyway.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    For some reason it feels like a lot of the clothes from NTTD are more accessible / easier to find. I walked into a store called Dutil here in Vancouver because I knew they'd have the jeans Craig wore in the short scene where he
    uncovers the V8
    and they did, but I could have walked out of that store with basically the entire outfit from that scene. Also, there are a few places in town that sell Rag & Bone as was able to try on the same henley worn in the film. Plus, these are North American companies, so it seems easier / cheaper to get them in Canada, compared to companies like Sunspel. Still not hard to get, but the clothes do have to make the jump over the water, and essentially no stores here carry the brand.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    This is a handy thread. And I do like the clothes ALL the actors wear in NTTD.
    Very much so. I came here because I just found this brief article talking about Connery to Bond, style, clothing, cars ... https://www.pellicanomenswear.com/2018/07/29/jamesbondstyletimvickery/
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    I bought the Rag&Bone Henley and IMO it was worth every penny. Beautiful quality shirt, feels fantastic.

James Bond Lifestyle is the holy grail of Bond outfit info IMO.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @NickTwentyTwo, I think one of the greatest things about Dan's Bond in general is a lot of the accessibility to what he wears, not even in terms of purchasing the actual style items, but items that are discount versions that give off the same look and feel for those on a budget.

And I think this is because he really is the king of casual Bond style. I love his suits too, especially in QoS where he peaked in formal style, but his casual style is also off the freaking charts. He pulls off stuff like polos and khakis, harringtons, peacoats and other jackets and coats which such style and coolness. It helps that he has chosen so much of what he wears as Bond based on what kinds of brands he personally likes off screen, so the items suit him on every level far more than they would if he instead had a costume designer trying to fit different styles onto him.

He is by far the biggest style inspiration to me, when it comes to the casual stuff. I love a lot of the casual stuff Connery wore too, but a lot of that was beach wear and just isn't suitable to me. Craig's mix of light jackets, polos and his incorporation of khakis finds a great balance between dressing down but still dressing in style, and he just pulls it all off so well. I don't know how he does it, but I see him wear clothes I see on other people and where they all fail, he succeeds. He just has a way of making whatever he's in look like the coolest that item will ever appear on anyone else, but I guess that's why he's James Bond. ;-)

Just bought some really nice polos last week that were very Craig Bond reminiscent, and I look forward to warmer weather so that I can channel my favorite Bond in what is his most iconic casual uniform.
    Nice! I'm definitely heavily inspired by Craig Bond's casual style in QoS. Currently looking for a shawl collar cardigan like the Tom Ford one he wears when visiting Mathis.
    Also, the next item on my list is probably the Rogue Territory jacket from the NTTD scene in the garage where he unveils the V8.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2021 Posts: 28,694
    Nice! I'm definitely heavily inspired by Craig Bond's casual style in QoS. Currently looking for a shawl collar cardigan like the Tom Ford one he wears when visiting Mathis.
    Also, the next item on my list is probably the Rogue Territory jacket from the NTTD scene in the garage where he unveils the V8.

I definitely relate to that. QoS is one of the all time greatest Bond films for style alone. So many awesome outfits throughout that you can recreate on a budget from just about any clothing store.

If you haven't ever checked out David Zaritsky's Bond Experience YouTube channel or the Bond Lifestyle site, I very much recommend him, though I'm sure you've checked him out in the past. He's got such great breakdowns and showcases of Bond style from all eras, but most notably with Sean and Dan's films, which is why I have a particular love for his content.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBondExperience

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/
    Oh yes! Love Zaritsky's passion for Bond and for his channel.

James Bond Lifestyle is run by a gentleman called Remmert van Braam (who also administrates George Lazenby's website I believe); as far as I know, Zaritsky used to report for JBL but is now independent.
    Oh yes! Love Zaritsky's passion for Bond and for his channel.

James Bond Lifestyle is run by a gentleman called Remmert van Braam (who also administrates George Lazenby's website I believe); as far as I know, Zaritsky used to report for JBL but is now independent.

Ah, I didn't know that about the Lifestyle site. I assumed he was still in the fold.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @4EverBonded I remember you were gauging interest on a thread about Bond costumes, and think you should start such a thread. It's one of the few topics not extensively 'covered' on this forum yet.

I have an interest in that area, and like to collect the more unique clothing seen in the films - things I wouldn't wear myself, like military and tactical uniforms; gloves; all sorts of head wear: hats, helmets etc. For example, I have Bond's MI6 training jacket from SF and clown hat from OP.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 3,273
    QBranch wrote: »
    @4EverBonded I remember you were gauging interest on a thread about Bond costumes, and think you should start such a thread. It's one of the few topics not extensively 'covered' on this forum yet.

I have an interest in that area, and like to collect the more unique clothing seen in the films - things I wouldn't wear myself, like military and tactical uniforms; gloves; all sorts of head wear: hats, helmets etc. For example, I have Bond's MI6 training jacket from SF and clown hat from OP.

I've been following DZ's Bond Lifestyle channel for a while now, and bought tons of Bond related clothes since.

Orlebar Brown and Sunspel are 2 big brands associated with Bond that I have bought a few things from. Riviera polos and v neck from CR, DAF towelling shirt, GF onesie, Dr. No polo. Sunspel also have a Fleming range too which I have bought a couple of things from - sea island cotton polo and black cardigan.

Mason & Sons also brought out a few tie ins over the years that I've purchased. They recreated the camp collar shirts from TB that I bought the entire range, and also the shades from TB.

I also have the Slazenger jumper from GF, and various sunglasses from the Craig era.

If you want to take it a step further and get right under Bond Fleming's skin, you could follow what I do when on holiday, and buy Sunspel sea island cotton underwear, John Smedley sea island cotton socks, and various toiletries from the likes of Floris, GEO Trumper and Pinaud Clubman -all luxury brands that Fleming's Bond used. Expensive though, which is why I only use them on holiday, not for everyday use.... ;)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    QBranch wrote: »

Interested here too, although military style gear is very much what I do wear, so I enjoy rocking e.g. an M65-style jacket like Brosnan's from the GE dam jump.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I've been following DZ's Bond Lifestyle channel for a while now, and bought tons of Bond related clothes since.

Orlebar Brown and Sunspel are 2 big brands associated with Bond that I have bought a few things from. Riviera polos and v neck from CR, DAF towelling shirt, GF onesie, Dr. No polo. Sunspel also have a Fleming range too which I have bought a couple of things from - sea island cotton polo and black cardigan.

Mason & Sons also brought out a few tie ins over the years that I've purchased. They recreated the camp collar shirts from TB that I bought the entire range, and also the shades from TB.

I also have the Slazenger jumper from GF, and various sunglasses from the Craig era.

If you want to take it a step further and get right under Bond Fleming's skin, you could follow what I do when on holiday, and buy Sunspel sea island cotton underwear, John Smedley sea island cotton socks, and various toiletries from the likes of Floris, GEO Trumper and Pinaud Clubman -all luxury brands that Fleming's Bond used. Expensive though, which is why I only use them on holiday, not for everyday use.... ;)
    @jetsetwilly Real nice collection you have there. Most of it too expensive for my taste, although I did get the Vuarnet Legends for a neat price. I like the toiletries too, and have several bathroom accessories from the films, but nothing from the novels, sadly.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Interested here too, although military style gear is very much what I do wear, so I enjoy rocking e.g. an M65-style jacket like Brosnan's from the GE dam jump.
    That's cool, Bond's jacket from the TND PTS would be great too.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

I would never have looked twice at a Shawl collar cardigan before seeing Craig wear one in CR and QoS. I now own three!

My entire look is based on Daniel Craig’s Bond. Clothes, watches and shoes. Budget versions of course! 😉

I would never have looked twice at a Shawl collar cardigan before seeing Craig wear one in CR and QoS. I now own three!

My entire look is based on Daniel Craig’s Bond. Clothes, watches and shoes. Budget versions of course! 😉
    I'm the same, @LeonardPine. Craig is definitely the biggest influence on my style and what I like to wear, and when I'm in suits it's usually Connery I channel.

You can add me to the guilty list of people who bought cardigans after seeing Dan in one. Would definitely love to get a harrington one day, too. A lot of his clothes are in layers of blues, and being is my favorite color and what suits me best too, so it was even easier for me to relate to what Bond was wearing and want some of it for myself. The way Dan's eyes pop when he wears blue is just perfect, too. Gives his Bond a great presence.
    @LeonardPine and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'd recommend also the Sunspel Riviera Polo in dark blue (wearing mine now) for a more affordable Craig Bond staple; another piece of clothing that I really feel is worth the money.
    I don't know if The Suits of James Bond has mentioned here? I read occasionally; it's interesting stuff.

I loved Craig's ensemble in the PTS sequence of NTTD. The brown suit with the high button stance, blue shirt and burgundy tie.
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,518
    I couldn't wrap my head around the high button stance as you put it, but otherwise I agree and thought it was amazing! When Bond has put Madeleine on the train and is watching her go, that might have been the best he looked in his entire run!
    EDIT: None of the screengrabs I can find are doing justice to my above comment... maybe I was just so enamored with the PTS of the film that it coloured my opinion.

Might pick this one up today (probably in black):
    https://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?pid=749576003&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=cardigan#pdp-page-content
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach

I'm the same, @LeonardPine. Craig is definitely the biggest influence on my style and what I like to wear, and when I'm in suits it's usually Connery I channel.

You can add me to the guilty list of people who bought cardigans after seeing Dan in one. Would definitely love to get a harrington one day, too. A lot of his clothes are in layers of blues, and being is my favorite color and what suits me best too, so it was even easier for me to relate to what Bond was wearing and want some of it for myself. The way Dan's eyes pop when he wears blue is just perfect, too. Gives his Bond a great presence.

You really can't go wrong with Craig's casual Bond wardrobe. I'm a similar age to Craig which helps.

I did get a trilby hat last year which is more Connery. It goes well with a long sleeve polo.

Trilby from Jaxon James. Lovely quality, but affordable. https://www.jaxonandjames.com/
    @LeonardPine and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'd recommend also the Sunspel Riviera Polo in dark blue (wearing mine now) for a more affordable Craig Bond staple; another piece of clothing that I really feel is worth the money.
    Oh, believe me, I've long eyed that polo since I saw CR. Dan's made polos a trademark of his Bond, and I love them.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    I don't know if The Suits of James Bond has mentioned here? I read occasionally; it's interesting stuff.

I loved Craig's ensemble in the PTS sequence of NTTD. The brown suit with the high button stance, blue shirt and burgundy tie.

Love The Suits of James Bond. Whenever I'm doing my Bond film reviews, that site is a resource I go to often to get an overview of all the ensembles, and to get information on the specific brands and fits Bond wears. Lovely detail, wonderfully ordered.
    I couldn't wrap my head around the high button stance as you put it, but otherwise I agree and thought it was amazing! When Bond has put Madeleine on the train and is watching her go, that might have been the best he looked in his entire run!
    EDIT: None of the screengrabs I can find are doing justice to my above comment... maybe I was just so enamored with the PTS of the film that it coloured my opinion.

Might pick this one up today (probably in black):
    https://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?pid=749576003&pcid=999&vid=1&&searchText=cardigan#pdp-page-content

I really loved that suit too. Some people don't think it follow styled rules (too many buttons on the suit coat buttoned up, and Bond having a collar down shirt with a tie), but I couldn't give a damn. Dan looked good, that's what matters.

Very few looks of his that blend the casual with the formal come close to his desert ensemble near the end of SP though, when he's picked up to go to Blofeld's lair. Now THAT I want to steal for my closet!
    I love that look in Spectre as well, I assume you mean the brown suit as they got off the train?
    The tie with button down collar always seemed fine to me as well. Not sure why it’s a no-no.
    I love that look in Spectre as well, I assume you mean the brown suit as they got off the train?
    The tie with button down collar always seemed fine to me as well. Not sure why it’s a no-no.

Yes, @NickTwentyTwo, that's the one. A great modern update of something similar to the hacking jacket ensemble Sean wears in GF after playing golf with Auric and during his day travel in Switzerland. Just sterling stuff.