Bond Clothing

Comments

Thanks. I will bite because I too found out that Sunspel polos get twisted after a few washes. You just have to type "Sunspel" in Vinted and see the damage. Many people are trying to offload them.

Also Niccolo offers a 10% discount on first order. So that will be my xmas threat!

I'm eyeing the navy blue and the long sleeves. Just need to check my measures.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars

Craig definitely looks his best in CR, going by those photos.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    David Zaritsky (The Bond Experience) interviews Suttirat Anne Larlarb

• This is a very interesting topic.
    Yes, Bond typically has his own style that marries the combination of looks and function, and isn't typically based on fashion or inspired by what others are wearing. Typically. However, I'd say that Craig's Bond out of every other Bond actor has taken somewhat of a different approach with his style. His lack of traditional good looks has forced him to up his game in other areas to make him appear more appealing.

From his physique to clothing that he believes he can get away with, which he has mostly accomplished when it comes to his casual attire. QoS is the peak of Bond style in the Craig era and I dare say the entire film series. Many people back in 2008 acknowledged the resemblance Craig had to Steve McQueen (a style icon) and his clothing intentional or not ostensibly was inspired by McQueen. The suits were a perfect fit and the casual attire were a feast for the eyes. Timeless classic is the best description for Craig's wardrobe in QoS. With NTTD, the costume designer mentioned that Steve McQueen was a crucial inspirational choice for Bond's look which fundamentally means Craig's look. As long as Craig looks sartorially appealing then his Bond will too, and Craig's style choices have clearly and evidently been influenced by the likes of Steve McQueen so in the end, it kind if all works out. Fortunately, the Craig era regarding the image and the sartorial aspects have emphasised a workable spirit of style. The essence of Bond's sartorial looks are so easy to capture and pull off. One just has to be smart with their choices.

P.s the overly tight suits are a definite no-no. They look ridiculous on Craig and anyone else who doesn't have a very slight build.
  • edited November 2021 Posts: 6,677
    Yes, QOS was definitely an sartorial epitome. Even today I'm wearing the shawl collar cardigan with the white shirt, albeit with Prince of Wales patterned trousers and the C&J "Alex" shoes, instead of the McQueen's desert boots, which I grew tired of. The only thing I didn't like, fashion wise, in that film were the Tom Ford aviator sunglasses. I much prefer the Tom Ford's from SP (which I'm wearing today as well), those are perfection. And the Omega 42mm PO is also the best watch from Craig's tenure, IMO (btw, also the watch I'm wearing today). And these choices would've never happened if it weren't for QOS and Craig. So, I'm thankful.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited November 2021 Posts: 7,526
    The QOS aviators are certainly unique, but I actually like that about them. The SF aviators certainly are classic.

The Skyfall Planet Ocean is far and away my favourite of the Craig watches.

se103_planet-ocean-skyfall-le.jpg?itok=NqyXb6Vd

Just that image takes me back to the anticipation leading up to Skyfall.

@NickTwentyTwo I have that watch, it is indeed spectacular.

I personally think the Spectre Seamaster 300m with the nato strap is the best of the DC era.
    Mallory wrote: »

I personally think the Spectre Seamaster 300m with the nato strap is the best of the DC era.

Awesome! I'd love to get my hands (or wrists?) on one someday.

I'll agree the Spectre NATO Strap is the best band, for sure, but something about the bezel from earlier POs is really striking and iconic to me.

I'll agree the Spectre NATO Strap is the best band, for sure, but something about the bezel from earlier POs is really striking and iconic to me.

Yep, its a beauty alright.

93888-F35-4606-4-ABF-8-E1-C-E62-F6-D55-B731.jpg

I always wear the Rolex with NATO strap that Connery wears in GF and TB.

[img][/img]IMG-5325.jpg
    Beautiful!!
  • Good morning all.
    New to the forums and only discovered as the brand I own was mentioned (favourably, thankfully!) further upthread (Niccolò P.).

By way of brief background, when I set up the brand I had in mind a polo shirt which Bond would wear. This led to much research on style forums and elsewhere. From the books, I knew I would have to incorporate Sea Island cotton into the range and only use the best natural materials we could lay our hands on (thick mother-of-pearl buttons etc) - everything being made in Europe. I am a former Sunspel polo owner myself but I can say that we could go head-to-head with any brand priced 30-40% more than ours.

Regarding the questions raised about fit: we aim for a straight fit which is neither overly fitted nor too loose with arm length hitting mid-bicep. The way polo shirts are made mean that the knit you choose will also influence fit. If you are carrying weight around the middle, jersey knits may accentuate this as they tend to cling ...whereas pique knits fall straighter so are a better (if more informal) choice.

We have 10 new colours landing next month including our first Sea Island jersey knits. Also included are two limited edition Indian Suvin cotton styles knitted for us in Japan.

I would be happy to offer forum members a better than 10% welcome code if you reach out to us on our customer service email and mention this community.

Forum admins: hopefully this post will be taken as informative rather than purely promotional but please let me know if inappropriate.

Thanks!
    Good morning all.
    New to the forums and only discovered as the brand I own was mentioned (favourably, thankfully!) further upthread (Niccolò P.).

By way of brief background, when I set up the brand I had in mind a polo shirt which Bond would wear. This led to much research on style forums and elsewhere. From the books, I knew I would have to incorporate Sea Island cotton into the range and only use the best natural materials we could lay our hands on (thick mother-of-pearl buttons etc) - everything being made in Europe. I am a former Sunspel polo owner myself but I can say that we could go head-to-head with any brand priced 30-40% more than ours.

Regarding the questions raised about fit: we aim for a straight fit which is neither overly fitted nor too loose with arm length hitting mid-bicep. The way polo shirts are made mean that the knit you choose will also influence fit. If you are carrying weight around the middle, jersey knits may accentuate this as they tend to cling ...whereas pique knits fall straighter so are a better (if more informal) choice.

We have 10 new colours landing next month including our first Sea Island jersey knits. Also included are two limited edition Indian Suvin cotton styles knitted for us in Japan.

I would be happy to offer forum members a better than 10% welcome code if you reach out to us on our customer service email and mention this community.

Forum admins: hopefully this post will be taken as informative rather than purely promotional but please let me know if inappropriate.

Thanks!

Welcome Niccolo, and I have already been mentioning your brand on this forum earlier, as I've bought several different colours of your sea islands now, and an Egyptian one too.

Definitely holds better than Sunspel after repeat washing, and fits better too. Now you guys need to work on some Fleming inspired tropical worsted trousers.... ;)
    Hi Niccolo and welcome! Hell yeah I appreciate your dedication to best clothing influenced by Bond.

Something we have learned as Bond fans and that you can find in Bond clothing blogs, is that sometimes we look elsewhere than the movie brands for better fit, as usually whatever Bond wears in the film is tailored and the actor only wears for a day or two or have multiple copies, hence it looks good on screen, but not always when you buy the stuff and wear it again and again.

So it's nice when a new brand comes, that aim to keep the look and the style! And is wash resistant :)
  • Thanks for the warm welcome folks! It is definitely a challenge to make high quality with no compromises AND develop brand awareness from a standing start (without a movie franchise to lean on!). Costs only ever go up (e.g. our mother-of-pearl buttons have doubled in price since late 2017 to over 75p per button when dyed to match the shirt) making it hard to stay in what we think is a reasonable price bracket for the quality. But pleased to say we have good momentum now.

Look forward to staying in touch on the forums.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Niccolo_P_London, cheers for dropping by. It's cool that our discussions on this tiny forum brought forth a true professional into the fold. Your expertise about the subject are fascinating, and very appreciated. You have my respect for keeping old fashioned and timeless style alive.
  • @Niccolo_P_London, cheers for dropping by. It's cool that our discussions on this tiny forum brought forth a true professional into the fold. Your expertise about the subject are fascinating, and very appreciated. You have my respect for keeping old fashioned and timeless style alive.

Very kind - happy to answer any technical questions to the extent I can. I like to joke that starting a clothing brand isn't difficult ...providing you have absolutely no respect for your time and/or money!
  • KenAustinKenAustin United States
    I really love the sweater from NTTD I think I am going to get one, any thoughts? https://www.npeal.com/products/007-ribbed-army-sweater-navy-blue
    KenAustin wrote: »
    I really love the sweater from NTTD I think I am going to get one, any thoughts? https://www.npeal.com/products/007-ribbed-army-sweater-navy-blue

I have one, if you want a “fitted” Bond look then go a size down.

It is a very nice looking and very high quality garment. I think its “real world” wearability is rather limited as it is a specific piece designed from the film and as such looks like it. It’s not like, say, the blue Skyfall N Peal sweater, which is just an ordinary sweater and can be worn easily.

So you run the risk of walking around basically cosplaying as James Bond in this piece.

David Zaritsky of The Bond Experience has an excellent in depth review of the sweater on Youtube, may be worth a watch.
    KenAustin wrote: »

I have one, if you want a “fitted” Bond look then go a size down.

It is a very nice looking and very high quality garment. I think its “real world” wearability is rather limited as it is a specific piece designed from the film and as such looks like it. It’s not like, say, the blue Skyfall N Peal sweater, which is just an ordinary sweater and can be worn easily.

So you run the risk of walking around basically cosplaying as James Bond in this piece.

David Zaritsky of The Bond Experience has an excellent in depth review of the sweater on Youtube, may be worth a watch.

I literally LOL at cosplaying James Bond...I dig it. I would assume it would depend on what you wore this with. Not sure I would go with black cargo pants and a gun holster in public, but I do like the way it looks, not really fond of the price though. I made a couple of inquiries about the quality. I am not sure I want to spend $500 on a sweater if it won't last, but I'm also not planning to play football in it either. If you have one already, how is the weight? And does it wash well? For that price I would want to have it for quite some time.
    It’s not a heavy sweater, its quite light but as the same time feels like it is strong. Feels warm too, suitable for secret stealth missions into enemy islands.

In terms of washing I must admit I bought it more for a show piece and to go in the collection, as opposed to something I would regularly wear. So no ideas regarding washing it, though I am sure the N Peal instructions cover it well. I have probably worn it only half a dozen times for 15-20 mins.

You can pair it with a nice pair of jeans and it looks nice, as I do. White Tee underneath to match (if not replicate) the movie look.

If you’re not fussed about having the exact movie version, you can by much cheaper alternatives that look really similar.
    It’s not a heavy sweater, its quite light but as the same time feels like it is strong. Feels warm too, suitable for secret stealth missions into enemy islands.

In terms of washing I must admit I bought it more for a show piece and to go in the collection, as opposed to something I would regularly wear. So no ideas regarding washing it, though I am sure the N Peal instructions cover it well. I have probably worn it only half a dozen times for 15-20 mins.

You can pair it with a nice pair of jeans and it looks nice, as I do. White Tee underneath to match (if not replicate) the movie look.

If you’re not fussed about having the exact movie version, you can by much cheaper alternatives that look really similar.

Very helpful thanks...I'm sure it'll last, I live in AZ so rarely have the need for sweaters where I'm at. I inquired with N. Peal and they said just follow the washing instructions, I was concerned with shrinking mainly. But I agree, a nice pair of jeans or khakis would pair great.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Yes here’s an alternative which Iconic Alternatives recommended:
    https://www.outdoorknitwear.com/crew-neck/106-bond-.html#/colour-navy/size-m
    mtm wrote: »

Oh very good, thank you for the link

I just sent them an email, the site is a little confusing it seems like it is geared for bulk orders as opposed to individual orders and I need to make sure they ship to the US

Let me know if you run into any more alternative options, this site doesn't have my size nor have they returned me inquiry yet.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    edited January 2022 Posts: 1,351
    https://bondonabudget.com/2021/11/02/n-peal-007-ribbed-army-sweater-alternatives/
    Scott usually at least has some good jumping off points when looking for alternatives.

I got the suggestion to look at Paul James Knitwear as alternatives for the blue and black sweaters from Skyfall and eventhough the exact color match for the shooting outfit was sold out, I am happy with the stuff I got from them.

I also recently pulled the trigger on some Sunspel polos in their current sale and have to say on first try-on and wearing them once I am quite happy with them, especially at the reduced price-point.
    https://bondonabudget.com/2021/11/02/n-peal-007-ribbed-army-sweater-alternatives/
    Scott usually at least has some good jumping off points when looking for alternatives.

Awesome thanks...this shows a good brand comparison too I like it
  • NoTimeForPieNoTimeForPie Dallas
    Hello all, is anybody selling any of their Bond clothes? I've been looking for L and M in so many of the items that have been difficult to find like Tom Ford. I'd be very interested if anybody was!