Quick Big Mi6 Main Villain Ranking Game

Comments

• BirdlesonBirdleson San Jose, CAModerator
    I forgot about Greene. Yes, I think he's good at being ehe he's supposed to be, but I imagine he'll go soon.
    Without giving the specifics away too far in advance, I just realized that only one Blofeld made my Top Ten. How about the rest of you?
  • Birdleson wrote: »
    Without giving the specifics away too far in advance, I just realized that only one Blofeld made my Top Ten. How about the rest of you?

Well I had three, which surprised me. I love book Blofeld, and no film version is much like him, so I never thought was I much a fan of any of them.
  • Birdleson wrote: »

same with me
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    QoS is almost always in my Top 3 but Greene barely made the Top 10 for me. This one was a lot harder to rank because there are so many solid villains throughout this series.

This. I have QoS at #3 and Greene barely made my top 15. I still think he's very underrated but he has a LOT of competition.
    Birdleson wrote: »

I only have one Blofeld in top ten as well.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I actually had two in my Top 10, but again, with rewatching the films these past couple of weeks and re-analyzing most of the villains, it could've gone much differently.
  • I only have one Blofeld in my top 10 as well.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Enemy of the state
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I actually had two in my Top 10, but again, with rewatching the films these past couple of weeks and re-analyzing most of the villains, it could've gone much differently.

Two Blofelds in my top ten as well.
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    Two for me, 3rd and 4th place. The bald ones.
    Same as most, only one Blofeld in top 10!
    Agree that Dominic Greene was a difficult placement, but I have him quite high! I liked him a lot, but there are a lot more better villains to choose from!
  • R1s1ngs0nR1s1ngs0n France
    edited September 8 Posts: 1,183
    Greene is dead last for me. I’m actually quite shocked he’s still in the game.
    I love Amalric and think he could have been an outstanding villain, if given proper material.
    Alas, that was not the case and along with Kristatos I find him the most boring, un-memorable villain in the series.
    Koskov, Whitaker and Grey’s Blofeld are all weak villains by Bond standard but at least they have personality and a few good lines (especially Grey). Greene has none.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I quite like Greene. There's something neurotic and maniacal about him that I found refreshing in 2008... and still do.
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    I have shocking news. No Blofeld in my top ten...it would be different if faceless Blofeld would be part of the game. That's the way “my“ movie Blofeld works best.
  • I quite like Greene myself but suspect he'll probably turn up sooner rather than later for reasons similar to Glover's Kristatos: though the character on the page was well portrayed, he's simply up against far too colorful competition. I agree with those who have mentioned the series has a wealth of great villains. If a villain of Greene's quality turns up next that simply speaks to the overall strength of Bond's rogues gallery.
    I have shocking news. No Blofeld in my top ten...it would be different if faceless Blofeld would be part of the game. That's the way “my“ movie Blofeld works best.

Yes, Faceless Blofeld is the best.
    Would agree if not for Telly.
  • I find it curious how different all the Blofeld interpretations are (Nehru suit notwithstanding), as if it's a blank slate character. And none of the film versions are that close to Fleming's Blofeld, who was a big man with black hair and black eyes like Mussolini. Go figure.
    Fleming radically changed the character with physically and in demeanor in each of his three appearances. But that first two-page description in TB takes the cake.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e il momento che verrà
    Our number 21:

JEROEN KRABBÉ
    as General Georgi Koskov
    in THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS

tumblr_my00o9XFsv1qkcj94o1_1280.jpg

Evading the feared bottom 5, but falling just outside the top 20, Koskov's highest score was one 5th place, with also one 7th and one 9th place amongst his biggest achievements.

Three more top 15's were noted. Georgi won't be too happy though with the 10 ratings he was awarded outside the top 20. No bottom 2's however for Koskov, but five bottom 5's nonetheless.

Georgi Koskov received 85 points in total.
  • edited September 9 Posts: 998
    I had him in 13th place. I can definitely see him not pushing all the buttons for what you want in a great villain, but I like how TLD gives us a couple of sleazy guys punching way above their weight and wreaking havoc to make some money. It's a cool approach that I think would be worth returning to in the occasional future installment.

Koskov's development from being a kind of jovial eccentric to being shown to be a loathsome opportunist is done really well, and Krabbe hits every note perfectly as far as I'm concerned.
    #16 for me.
  • I had him as 22. I like him more than Whitaker, but he still lacks most of the qualities I look for in a Bond villain.
    I had him in 13th place. I can definitely see him not pushing all the buttons for what you want in a great villain, but I like how TLD gives us a couple of sleazy guys punching way above their weight and wreaking havoc to make some money. It's a cool approach that I think would be worth returning to the occasional future installment.

Koskov's development from being a kind of jovial eccentric to being shown to be a loathsome opportunist is done really well, and Krabbe hits every note perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

Very good description and opinion. I ranked him only at #21 but he could easily be a few spots better. Once again, he is missing some usual main villain qualities but suits the film in a very good way.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    He's my #21 too.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I had him in the 19th spot. My main problem with him is that he just doesn't strike me as the type of person who would be a General in the Soviet Army. He's just a little too cowardly for that. Despite that however, I really enjoy Krabbe's performance. He's a total slimeball who plays all sides to his advantage. Another "fun" villain if you will.
  • edited September 9 Posts: 3,772
    Like Whitaker, I really enjoy Koskov as a villain, Krabbe does really well with the role, as pachazo says, a real slimeball. My only quibble would be that he should have died in that head on collision with the plane, would have been a spectacular exit for him!
    Yes, a slimeball in the best possible way. I like his last scene where he tried once again to convince Pushkin with his slimy attitude. However, as stated by @Mathis1 , a kill off in the explosion would have been more spectacular and somehow more satisfying.
  • I had Koskov at #14 but could have been a couple of places lower. Despite this, I really enjoy his performance for the reason that @pachazo and @Mathis1 have already said: he is a total slimeball. I much prefer his character over Whittaker's, despite Koskov's ending being rather unremarkable.
  • I also get a kick out of Koskov's slimeball antics, but can't either him or Whitaker too seriously as co-villains. Necros is more dangerous than either of them.

So far my bottom 6 picks and #19 are all out... looking at Strombo to be next!