No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I wonder if Bond or Felix will mention Lucia at all. Perhaps a thread too thin from the previous film?

Yeah. I felt Lucia should have been a Mystery woman, Femme Fatale sort of. Such a missed opportunity, considering an actress as brilliant as Monica Bellucci played her. So mentioning her won't be bad, even if it looks very unlikely at the moment.

At some point Bond could be shown a photo of her, and is told that she was found dead; she was assassinated .
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    talos7 wrote: »
    I wonder if Bond or Felix will mention Lucia at all. Perhaps a thread too thin from the previous film?

Yeah. I felt Lucia should have been a Mystery woman, Femme Fatale sort of. Such a missed opportunity, considering an actress as brilliant as Monica Bellucci played her. So mentioning her won't be bad, even if it looks very unlikely at the moment.

At some point Bond could be shown a photo of her, and is told that she was found dead; she was assassinated .

Yeah. That's a stylish way of doing it. That would suffice.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I think it'll just be left. I think most general audiences got over Bellucci's role once the credits on Spectre rolled. It won't be referenced (imo)
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I can't wait to see Bond and Felix together in a bar again. Hopefully there's some witty dialogue between them
    There's so much of NTTD I'm looking forward to seeing, on paper it all looks great, hopefully they nail the execution
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think it'll just be left. I think most general audiences got over Bellucci's role once the credits on Spectre rolled. It won't be referenced (imo)

I don’t think that she will be referenced, but Bond films operate on two levels, for the general public and for those more knowledgeable. Bond hearing that she has been eliminated would be a nice callback and it would fit into a purge going on within SPECTRE.

• DenbighDenbigh UK

I don’t think that she will be referenced, but Bond films operate on two levels, for the general public and for those more knowledgeable. Bond hearing that she has been eliminated would be a nice callback and it would fit into a purge going on within SPECTRE.
    Of course. I just feel referencing Lucia specifically would be kinda pointless, even if just a throwaway line.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I don’t think that she will be referenced, but Bond films operate on two levels, for the general public and for those more knowledgeable.

Do they though? There aren't many fan references, I feel like you'd have to go back to DAD and the various anniversary winks for that.
    I think generally they're made entirely for an audience who have only the vaguest memory of the last one, and in fact mostly for people who have never seen one before- they should be able to pick everything up.

Of course. I just feel referencing Lucia specifically would be kinda pointless, even if just a throwaway line.

Yeah, she wasn't a loose end or anything. I certainly don't want to hear that she's been killed off.
    Well, if she's mentioned, fine. If she isn't mentioned, fine. It won't hurt NTTD.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Seriously no one cares anymore about her character. Bond had fun with her, he saved her from SPECTRE, that's it.

That wouldn't speak too highly of Felix's talents.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yeah I was thinking more she could be revealed patiently waiting for Felix back at his hotel.

Or she could
    save him during the final assault on Safin's lair. Since it seems like he needs some saving.
    delfloria wrote: »

delfloria wrote: »

Well, they do have people everywhere.

I can't wait to see Bond and Felix together in a bar again. Hopefully there's some witty dialogue between them
    There's so much of NTTD I'm looking forward to seeing, on paper it all looks great, hopefully they nail the execution

Fingers crossed!!!!
    I think a track from Zimmer is on its way soon. NTTD feels closer than ever in a long time. We'll soon be counting weeks :)>-
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    matt_u wrote: »
    Well actually because it is indeed a Vantage. Saloon is the coupé model of the V8 Vantage, Volante on the other hand is the cabriolet.
    So basically in the film the car is a V8 Vantage Saloon. XD

I know people on here like to try and understand the exact details so I’ll correct you slightly.
    Dalton’s car in TLD was a V8 Saloon, and the car in NTTD is evidently the same model as referenced by Aston Martin in their official notice last year. Having grown up around these cars, ( parents had one in the 1980s) there is a generally an easy way to define these both visually; in most cases the V8 Vantage, (in both hard top and convertible Volante form) have closed colour matched front radiators and defined front spoilers and (due to them being more powerful variations of the standard Saloon,) larger wheels and tyres to accommodate the engineering.
    You will see neither the TLD or NTTD cars have these characteristics so not Vantage.
    Both cars were recently in the Bond in Motion exhibition.
    One strange fact I do know is that a number of body shells were supplied but never used on cars from TLD and I would be interested to know if the NTTD cars were constructed from these leftovers which used to live at Pinewood. There are evidently several made to look the same, and one was fitted with the roof top driving cage, and we know the cars were transported to London, Norway and Italy so will be great to see the car featured and allowed more screen time.
    Thanks for me allowing to be a geek!
    Can’t wait to see the finished film.

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I wouldn’t expect any more music samples until September.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    wetnelly wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Well actually because it is indeed a Vantage. Saloon is the coupé model of the V8 Vantage, Volante on the other hand is the cabriolet.
    So basically in the film the car is a V8 Vantage Saloon. XD

I know people on here like to try and understand the exact details so I’ll correct you slightly.
    Dalton’s car in TLD was a V8 Saloon, and the car in NTTD is evidently the same model as referenced by Aston Martin in their official notice last year. Having grown up around these cars, ( parents had one in the 1980s) there is a generally an easy way to define these both visually; in most cases the V8 Vantage, (in both hard top and convertible Volante form) have closed colour matched front radiators and defined front spoilers and (due to them being more powerful variations of the standard Saloon,) larger wheels and tyres to accommodate the engineering.

You're right, but I think because the saloon cars were based on AM owner Victor Gaunlett's personal car (which was the convertible Bond drives), which I believe actually was a Vantage Volante (note the side strakes have the Vantage badging) which he got built to his own specific preferences, they sort of become a bit of a special edition Vantage!
    wetnelly wrote: »
    You will see neither the TLD or NTTD cars have these characteristics so not Vantage.
    Both cars were recently in the Bond in Motion exhibition.
    One strange fact I do know is that a number of body shells were supplied but never used on cars from TLD and I would be interested to know if the NTTD cars were constructed from these leftovers which used to live at Pinewood.

It's possible but a weird difference between the TLD cars and the NTTD ones is that the TLD ones had sunroofs and the NTTD ones don't. Obviously that can be welded but it might show that they're not cars from TLD.
    TR007 wrote: »
    Someone wrote: »
    Given the box office for Fast 9, there’s no reason to push it back anymore. EON seems to have played their cards well. We shall see.

Yes, 423 million worldwide so far for F9, and that's before this long weekend hits. If this thing breaks one billion in just a few weeks, then that's a sign that people are ready to go back to theaters.

Why not bring NTTD forward to August, why wait for other films to arrive?
    It seems to me there is a window between Suicide Squad on 08/06 and Venom on 09/23 which would be big enough for Bond to do huge box office.
    https://www.imdb.com/calendar/

Dune comes out two weeks after Bond and Eternals four weeks after.
    They can’t move it any earlier.

Why not?
    Because everything is already being set for that October release. Why complicate it by changing the release date AGAIN?
    Because everything is already being set for that October release. Why complicate it by changing the release date AGAIN?

September in the UK!
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Contraband wrote: »
    OT: I just need to brag a little. Maybe it's not a big deal if it would happend to you guys but to me it is a really big thing and supercool.

Mr Tom Cross, NTTD co-editor liked several of my Insta-posts. (And I have screenshot to prove it). Now it's just a matter of making him a devoted follower as well :D

If you listen to podcasts you can check out "Roger Deakins Podcast"-cinematographer of "Skyfall", he's had all sorts of crew from the bond movies on there and the most recent episode actually has Tom Cross on. :)

I just listened to this episode. Included a few tidbits about No Time To Die. First Tom was on location in Matera and loved it. Second was he worked closely with Linus Sandgren in the editing room which he stated is his preferred process. Lastly sounds like Tom is a huge fan of Bond. His earliest film memory is of seeing Thunderball.

September in the UK!

Oh right you limeys get it a week early!
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    But not first. That's Belgium apparently.

And the US gets it on the final day of announced releases. I'm okay with that.
    7879655.png?263
    No Time to Die (2021)
    Release Info
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2382320/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_ov_rdat#releases
    Belgium 29 September 2021

Austria 30 September 2021
    Australia 30 September 2021
    Brazil 30 September 2021
    Germany 30 September 2021
    Finland 30 September 2021
    UK 30 September 2021
    Croatia 30 September 2021
    Hungary 30 September 2021
    Ireland 30 September 2021
    Italy 30 September 2021
    Malaysia 30 September 2021
    Netherlands 30 September 2021
    New Zealand 30 September 2021
    Russia 30 September 2021
    Sweden 30 September 2021
    Singapore 30 September 2021
    Ukraine 30 September 2021

Bulgaria 1 October 2021
    Spain 1 October 2021
    Norway 1 October 2021
    Turkey 1 October 2021
    Taiwan 1 October 2021

France 6 October 2021

United Arab Emirates 7 October 2021
    Argentina 7 October 2021
    Colombia 7 October 2021
    Czech Republic 7 October 2021
    Denmark 7 October 2021
    Greece 7 October 2021
    Hong Kong 7 October 2021
    Mexico 7 October 2021
    Saudi Arabia 7 October 2021
    Slovakia 7 October 2021
    Thailand 7 October 2021
    Canada 8 October 2021

India 8 October 2021
    Iceland 8 October 2021
    Japan 8 October 2021
    South Korea 8 October 2021
    Lithuania 8 October 2021
    Poland 8 October 2021
    Portugal 8 October 2021
    USA 8 October 2021

Has Belgium become a hot spot for international cinematic premieres ? I've wanted to go, and this would add an interesting aspect.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,483
    Sorry double post. Please delete
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,483

September in the UK!

Oh right you limeys get it a week early!

7db17c7988a56e91a5b9cc5cd81eaef5.gif
    No hard feelings 😉🍸
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New interview with Léa Seydoux with quotes from Barbara Broccoli and Michael Wilson.

https://deadline.com/2021/07/lea-seydoux-interview-cannes-french-dispatch-deception-story-of-my-wife-france-1234784736/

That's an interesting interview, I wonder how much screen time Lea will have compared to Spectre?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited July 2021 Posts: 14,861
    I reckon it'll be more or perhaps slightly less.

:D
    I think it'll be similar to Spectre. They have a job to do this time though, to make her a real true love of Bond's and a more rounded character in general