No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited July 2021 Posts: 469
    It's a fanmade one, and a brilliant one at that. Great job, @jake24 ! I did recall seeing it a while back, so the fact that was released 5 days ago really confused me.

The color grading you did to fix the Billie EIlish video clips is amazing! How did you do it?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited July 2021 Posts: 3,018
    @jake24

I understand (go after him). And the edit is damn good job ^:)^
    What the hell is this crap. Google search: On the right it says NTTD is 2 hours 54 min long?? Must be a typo

https://www.google.com/search?q=no+time+to+die&oq=no+time&aqs=chrome.0.0i355j46j69i57j69i60l3j69i65l2.1912j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Thanks @Contraband means a lot.

@phantomvices Appreciate it! It was done using the built-in color grading software in Adobe Premiere Pro.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited July 2021 Posts: 2,056
    @Contraband

It is 2hr 43 mins, so close 🤣
    Mallory wrote: »
    @Contraband

Yeah I know it's 2.43. That's why I was so 'chocked'
    Maybe you can help. There was an old Russian spot that showed a different angle of M in his office, but can't remember where I put that. Does someone has it?
    Maybe you can help. There was an old Russian spot that showed a different angle of M in his office, but can't remember where I put that. Does someone has it?

I've been looking through my video archive, no luck so far. And btw: I had forgotten how many spots, teasers and short/long trailers it was. I have nearly 100 saved
    Take your time. No problem!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Not sure if relevant to the question, but there's a photo of M leaning over his desk, as if he's scolding Bond, while he sits in the chair.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Contraband wrote: »
    Mallory wrote: »
    @Contraband

Yeah I know it's 2.43. That's why I was so 'chocked'

The 2:43 is still very long. I learned my lesson when I saw SP: no beers before the film and no soft drinks during. My bladder was about to explode by the time Bond had his train fight with Hinx. No way was I going to leave my seat, but the last 45 minutes of that film were miserable.
  • MakeItWorkforYouMakeItWorkforYou originating out of Belarus.
    I am very excited for the movie, its been a long time coming. My chief Concern is that of Madeline Swann. I just cannot understand why they are bringing her back. I did not find her suitably interesting for an encore appearance, plus I Have a bad feeling about that actress.. what do you all think?
    I am very excited for the movie, its been a long time coming. My chief Concern is that of Madeline Swann. I just cannot understand why they are bringing her back. I did not find her suitably interesting for an encore appearance, plus I Have a bad feeling about that actress.. what do you all think?

Seydoux is an amazing actor (I need to get watch more of her work, but what she does in "Sister" and "Farewell my Queen" is so good). She's not given a lot by the script in "Spectre", but what she is given — those little moments in the hotel room, or the train, or those looks to James on the bridge in the end — she hits out of the park. Her performances always have this suppressed sorrow to me, like her face is just a mask for some deeper pain.

Her return is actually my most anticipated part of NTTD lol
    BMB007 wrote: »

Seydoux is an amazing actor (I need to get watch more of her work, but what she does in "Sister" and "Farewell my Queen" is so good). She's not given a lot by the script in "Spectre", but what she is given — those little moments in the hotel room, or the train, or those looks to James on the bridge in the end — she hits out of the park. Her performances always have this suppressed sorrow to me, like her face is just a mask for some deeper pain.

Her return is actually my most anticipated part of NTTD lol

She's brilliant.

Several great moments, but for me the big one is when she's screaming at Bond (post-snow chase) but there's this incredibly brief break in her character's facade where the real, hidden emotion can't help but burst through. It's when she says, "did it cross your mind that you led them to me" -- she pivots the emotion of the dialogue's delivery so hard, mid-line, from seething rage to total vulnerability. Just incredible.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I liked her and thought Seydoux did a fine job. As for her return: I've learned to accept that the DC era is a Jungian experiment (which is also tied to Fleming). What EON has done with these five films didn't completely work for me, but I admire the effort, tbh.
    She has such a darkness in her eyes. A longing.
    Contraband wrote: »
    There's a new NTTD spot paying in front of the Black Widow movie that apparently has a tiny sliver of new content and Blofeld saying some new lines, can anyone grab it?

@phantomvices Where can we even find/see it?

Edit: This one looks updated. At least the music is new?

LOVE IT!!!
    When Safin says "James Bond" and you see the clown mask of Safinnopening the door. A chill ran up my spine. This is going to be the best of Bond.
    Damn the movie is 2 hours 43 min? I might have to bring an empty Gatorade bottle in the theater with me lol
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Damn the movie is 2 hours 43 min? I might have to bring an empty Gatorade bottle in the theater with me lol

Haha definitely
    I hope it's paced well, I think Spectre could have benefited from a slight trim. I mean this film is 15 minutes longer, hopefully all the characters have time to be fleshed out and there is more suspense leading to the action
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Just don't get the 72 oz big gulp and you'll be fine.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Haha definitely
    I hope it's paced well, I think Spectre could have benefited from a slight trim. I mean this film is 15 minutes longer, hopefully all the characters have time to be fleshed out and there is more suspense leading to the action

Spectre could’ve lost the whole London finale and saved 20 mins 😁
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 490
    Deleted
    It appears the marketing is ramping up. Many more details than I expected are shared in this article: https://www.gamesradar.com/no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-interview-james-bond-25/

Although some of this feels like deja vu, so perhaps it isn't a new interview?
  • edited July 2021 Posts: 1,215
    TheBondFan wrote: »
    It appears the marketing is ramping up. Many more details than I expected are shared in this article: https://www.gamesradar.com/no-time-to-die-daniel-craig-interview-james-bond-25/

Great interview, I've been looking forward to these pieces. Some of my favourite tidbits for those who don't want to read the full piece;
    The nightclub scene in Jamaica sounds great
    Between rounds of Three Coin Spoof – a game Craig’s pub landlord father taught him – Leiter makes it clear that the purpose of his appearance in Jamaica is business, not pleasure. “Do something for us,” says Leiter, leaning in. “Pick up a package in Cuba.” The package, it transpires, isn’t his wayward Amazon delivery but a person – Waldo Obechev. “Didn’t he defect during your time at MI6?” Ash chimes in. “Never heard of him,” says a visibly indifferent Bond, who tries to keep the party going. But things suddenly turn serious when Leiter drops the S-bomb: Spectre. “It’ll be like old times...” Leiter adds. A glare. “My round,” Bond says, before walking off, and back into a world he thought he’d left behind.

“He’s got built into him this need to defeat evil,” says Neal Purvis who, alongside Robert Wade, has a writing credit on every one of Craig’s Bonds. “So it’s intriguing when you come back, and he’s not really an agent in this one, and how you deal with that. Despite wanting to relax and fish and hang out in bars, if trouble comes knocking, he can’t help himself.”

Cary really wanted to do Bond and had ideas for Craig's successor
    “Two years ago I took Barbara to my favourite Japanese restaurant in New York,” says Fukunaga who, coincidentally, is regaling TF over coffee in New York. Alas, he won’t reveal his culinary hotspot, lest TF attempt to crash his dinner. “I tried to wine and dine her. At that point Daniel said he wasn’t doing another one, so we spit-balled all the potential new Bonds – that was exciting. I just told her what I loved about Bond and what it meant to me growing up. And just that I’d be honoured if they’d consider me for the next one.

“And then obviously they went with somebody else!” laughs Fukunaga, who was in the middle of shooting Netflix series Maniac when Boyle got the gig and, fortuitously, wrapped just as the news of his departure broke. “I was on vacation at the time, and everyone I was with at breakfast were joking: ‘Come on Cary, do Bond, so I can be the next Bond girl!’ I said, ‘Maybe I will email Barbara...’ That led to an invitation to meet with her and Michael, and a conversation with Daniel. And that was it, we were off to the races.”

Boyle’s script, written by Trainspotting’s John Hodge (which contained “some extraordinary ideas, they just needed a little pulling together,” according to production designer Mark Tildesley) was scrapped, with Purvis and Wade brought in to pick up where they left off a year prior. “Effectively, we went back to what we’d done,” says Purvis. “And then we changed things with Cary over several months in the attic at Eon.” As well as being the first American, Fukunaga is the first director to have a writing credit on a finished Bond film. “He’s fresh to it,” Wade says of Fukunaga. “He’s open to doing things differently, and wanted to push the boundaries as much as he could. This film feels quite different to the last one, even though it’s got elements that connect it.”

Interesting details on Safin
    Fukunaga teases that “there’s a sense this guy could be from a large- scale chemical/pharmaceutical family” and that Safin is “someone who’s not necessarily a public face, but who wields a lot of power behind those people”.

But whatever Safin’s masterplan is, one thing’s clear – like most Bond villains, he will mirror contemporary concerns. “I talked to Barbara and Michael about this a lot, because they’re tuned into everything,” Fukunaga says. “There’s a silent agreement that within the Bond films: you’re never too literal with what’s happening in the world. We don’t address Brexit, you know? But the dangers he deals with reflect the fears at the time.”

In Safin’s case, Fukunaga considered how a man of means could destabilise the planet in 2020. “I worked with a futurist called Ray Kurzweil about 10 years ago on another project. He kept talking about what we’re heading towards, which is neo-medievalism, the end of the nation state. I believe he’s right. When you think about it, companies cross international borders all the time. They have private armies, and more money than governments.”

Bond and Nomi's dynamic
    “Bond is going to be Bond no matter what happens,” says Lynch, Captain Marvel’s BFF about to make a major mark on another blockbuster franchise. “But it’s about how people react to him. That’s the difference between the earlier films. In this film we are vocal. We are opinionated. We know how to stop [Bond] in his tracks, and to teach him something.”

Lynch underwent extensive training (“They turned me into a ninja!” she joyously exclaims) to play Nomi, who is every bit Bond’s equal, albeit with a modern twist. “Bond has been doing this a long time, and he has a more old- school approach, where he might roll his eyes at Q’s gadgets,” says Lynch whose Nomi, if rumours are to be believed, has inherited Bond’s 007 code number. “Whereas Nomi is like an updated double-O agent. She’s technologically advanced, which is a bit intimidating for Bond, because he’s been away from the game for a long time.”

But Nomi isn’t just good with gadgets, she also knows exactly how to get inside Bond’s head. “The fact that Nomi calls him ‘Commander’ Bond is just such a shakedown,” Lynch laughs. Statuesque, and with a voice that can fill a room, there’s little doubting Lynch’s capacity to intimidate. “She’s almost got a book on James, and how to handle him. You see moments where he’s like, ‘How is this woman getting inside my brain?’ And that’s a wonderful thing about Nomi, she pushes every boundary she can.”
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

Great interview, I've been looking forward to these pieces. Some of my favourite tidbits for those who don't want to read the full piece;
    Between rounds of Three Coin Spoof – a game Craig’s pub landlord father taught him – Leiter makes it clear that the purpose of his appearance in Jamaica is business, not pleasure. “Do something for us,” says Leiter, leaning in. “Pick up a package in Cuba.” The package, it transpires, isn’t his wayward Amazon delivery but a person – Waldo Obechev. “Didn’t he defect during your time at MI6?” Ash chimes in. “Never heard of him,” says a visibly indifferent Bond, who tries to keep the party going. But things suddenly turn serious when Leiter drops the S-bomb: Spectre. “It’ll be like old times...” Leiter adds. A glare. “My round,” Bond says, before walking off, and back into a world he thought he’d left behind.

“He’s got built into him this need to defeat evil,” says Neal Purvis who, alongside Robert Wade, has a writing credit on every one of Craig’s Bonds. “So it’s intriguing when you come back, and he’s not really an agent in this one, and how you deal with that. Despite wanting to relax and fish and hang out in bars, if trouble comes knocking, he can’t help himself.”

“Two years ago I took Barbara to my favourite Japanese restaurant in New York,” says Fukunaga who, coincidentally, is regaling TF over coffee in New York. Alas, he won’t reveal his culinary hotspot, lest TF attempt to crash his dinner. “I tried to wine and dine her. At that point Daniel said he wasn’t doing another one, so we spit-balled all the potential new Bonds – that was exciting. I just told her what I loved about Bond and what it meant to me growing up. And just that I’d be honoured if they’d consider me for the next one.

“And then obviously they went with somebody else!” laughs Fukunaga, who was in the middle of shooting Netflix series Maniac when Boyle got the gig and, fortuitously, wrapped just as the news of his departure broke. “I was on vacation at the time, and everyone I was with at breakfast were joking: ‘Come on Cary, do Bond, so I can be the next Bond girl!’ I said, ‘Maybe I will email Barbara...’ That led to an invitation to meet with her and Michael, and a conversation with Daniel. And that was it, we were off to the races.”

Boyle’s script, written by Trainspotting’s John Hodge (which contained “some extraordinary ideas, they just needed a little pulling together,” according to production designer Mark Tildesley) was scrapped, with Purvis and Wade brought in to pick up where they left off a year prior. “Effectively, we went back to what we’d done,” says Purvis. “And then we changed things with Cary over several months in the attic at Eon.” As well as being the first American, Fukunaga is the first director to have a writing credit on a finished Bond film. “He’s fresh to it,” Wade says of Fukunaga. “He’s open to doing things differently, and wanted to push the boundaries as much as he could. This film feels quite different to the last one, even though it’s got elements that connect it.”

Fukunaga teases that “there’s a sense this guy could be from a large- scale chemical/pharmaceutical family” and that Safin is “someone who’s not necessarily a public face, but who wields a lot of power behind those people”.

But whatever Safin’s masterplan is, one thing’s clear – like most Bond villains, he will mirror contemporary concerns. “I talked to Barbara and Michael about this a lot, because they’re tuned into everything,” Fukunaga says. “There’s a silent agreement that within the Bond films: you’re never too literal with what’s happening in the world. We don’t address Brexit, you know? But the dangers he deals with reflect the fears at the time.”

In Safin’s case, Fukunaga considered how a man of means could destabilise the planet in 2020. “I worked with a futurist called Ray Kurzweil about 10 years ago on another project. He kept talking about what we’re heading towards, which is neo-medievalism, the end of the nation state. I believe he’s right. When you think about it, companies cross international borders all the time. They have private armies, and more money than governments.”

Bond and Nomi's dynamic
    “Bond is going to be Bond no matter what happens,” says Lynch, Captain Marvel’s BFF about to make a major mark on another blockbuster franchise. “But it’s about how people react to him. That’s the difference between the earlier films. In this film we are vocal. We are opinionated. We know how to stop [Bond] in his tracks, and to teach him something.”

Lynch underwent extensive training (“They turned me into a ninja!” she joyously exclaims) to play Nomi, who is every bit Bond’s equal, albeit with a modern twist. “Bond has been doing this a long time, and he has a more old- school approach, where he might roll his eyes at Q’s gadgets,” says Lynch whose Nomi, if rumours are to be believed, has inherited Bond’s 007 code number. “Whereas Nomi is like an updated double-O agent. She’s technologically advanced, which is a bit intimidating for Bond, because he’s been away from the game for a long time.”

But Nomi isn’t just good with gadgets, she also knows exactly how to get inside Bond’s head. “The fact that Nomi calls him ‘Commander’ Bond is just such a shakedown,” Lynch laughs. Statuesque, and with a voice that can fill a room, there’s little doubting Lynch’s capacity to intimidate. “She’s almost got a book on James, and how to handle him. You see moments where he’s like, ‘How is this woman getting inside my brain?’ And that’s a wonderful thing about Nomi, she pushes every boundary she can.”

Thanks for the paraphase. Definitely new content on Jamaica, I believe.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

Bond and Nomi's dynamic

Thanks for the paraphase. Definitely new content on Jamaica, I believe.
    Regarding the game of 3-coin spoof, a snippet of that scene can be viewed at the 10 second mark of the TV spot shown during Craig’s Fallon appearance: