No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• edited June 2021 Posts: 511
    Have a feeling there's gonna be some paternalistic relationship between Nomi and Bond, like a teenage daughter fighting her stick-in-the-mud father. Trying (too hard?) to prove worth. Could be wrong, but the bickering in the advertisements give me that impression.

Would make sense — if this was how the character was written — they styled her (costuming, appearance) to be less sexualized compared to, say, Seydoux or De Armas.
  • BMB007 wrote: »
    Have a feeling there's gonna be some paternalistic relationship between Nomi and Bond, like a teenage daughter fighting her stick-in-the-mud father. Trying (too hard?) to prove worth. Could be wrong, but the bickering in the advertisements give me that impression.

Would make sense — if this was how the character was written — they styled her (costuming, appearance) to be less sexualized compared to, say, Seydoux or De Armas.

From what has been revealed, it seems like it's almost the opposite.
    Lashana has described Nomi as being a "teacher's pet", goody two shoes, by-the-book, rule follower, whereas Bond, is much more instinctive, cavalier with rules and order, and generally does things his way.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,508
    I couldn't care less if the actor playing Nomi is attractive or not, I just hope the character of Nomi is well rounded and interesting

Paloma on the other hand 😏
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    I have a new source that worked near Rami, Craig & co on NTTD, both on location and at Pinewood >>
    The source have lot's of stills of sets we haven't seen yet along with cast/crew photos/footage but can't share anything yet due to the NDA and of fear of being identified by EON. I was promised material after Sept 30th or Oct 8th. Already seen something (camera footage) from one of the locations but can't reveal what it is. The source is also listed on IMDB and have an impressive CV (major motion pictures) the last 20 years so it's legit.

BMB007 wrote: »

From what has been revealed, it seems like it's almost the opposite.
    Lashana has described Nomi as being a "teacher's pet", goody two shoes, by-the-book, rule follower, whereas Bond, is much more instinctive, cavalier with rules and order, and generally does things his way.

So I was right but in the wrong way 😂

Cannot wait until the film comes out.
    Contraband wrote: »
    I have a new source that worked near Rami, Craig & co on NTTD, both on location and at Pinewood >>
    The source have lot's of stills of sets we haven't seen yet along with cast/crew photos/footage but can't share anything yet due to the NDA and of fear of being identified by EON. I was promised material after Sept 30th or Oct 8th. Already seen something (camera footage) from one of the locations but can't reveal what it is. The source is also listed on IMDB and have an impressive CV (major motion pictures) the last 20 years so it's legit.

Sounds great mate. Looking forward to another Contraband exclusive
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,554
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I couldn't care less if the actor playing Nomi is attractive or not, I just hope the character of Nomi is well rounded and interesting

Paloma on the other hand 😏

I think there is a slight possibility that Bond and Nomi hook up. It depends on the chronology of these photos. In some cases, Lynch has the hair piece, and in others she doesn't. It appears from the original "Jamaica video blog" that she arrives at Bond's house via scooter. This is either early morning or late evening. At some point she in Bond's living room, in the morning (or maybe late afternoon). Several possibilities:
    1. Bond sees Nomi for the first time at the night club / she visits him later-- late at night or very early next morning / they hook up / she reveals herself to be a double 0. / As the sun comes up, Bond is on the phone with MI6

2. Bond sees Nomi for the first time at the night club / she visits him later-- very early next morning /NO HOOK UP / she reveals herself to be a double 0 / As sun comes up Bond is on the phone with MI6.

3. Nomi visits Bond at his home after Bond's "run in" with Leiter in town / the scene with Bond on the phone is late afternoon, not morning / Nomi says she will be at the club watching and wants a full report on his conversation with Leiter / Later, at night, Nomi visits Bond to get the scoop (not sure why she'd take off her hair piece) / They agree to work together with Leiter

190625-Bond-25-set-1-472.jpg

Daniel-Craig-and-Lashana-Lynch-in-No-time-to-Die-cropped.jpg

Daniel-Craig-and-Lashana-Lynch.jpg

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2021 Posts: 5,869
    I don't know and I hope not @TripAces. I think it would just be a bad idea because I think it could undo the appeal of having Nomi be someone who isn't interested in Bond in that way... even if it was played as manipulation on her part like Bond has done to women in the past. Either way, I think they'd be no reason for her to do so.
    It is certainly a mystery how Nomi will fit into what Bond, Leiter, Ash and Paloma are doing. I imagine she's just doing her own thing, with Nomi and Bond not partnering up properly until Norway, maybe London.
    Good Detective work @TripAces very Knives Out
    I agree with @Denbigh though, I hope they don't. Their dynamic will be a lot more fresh and exciting if they're just competing 00's, provided our man Bond comes out Onatopp of things.

I think him and Paloma would be more interesting will they won't they, perhaps like Moneypenny in Skyfall it's left open, there already seems to be more sexual chemistry between Bond and Paloma in the short clips we've seen in the trailers
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Daniel-Craig-and-Lashana-Lynch-in-No-time-to-Die-cropped.jpg

I'm so curious as to why she takes her wig off in his bedroom. Is she supposed to be undercover?

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    The whole sequence with the wig reminds me of Rosie Carver from Live and Let Die. It is possible the wig is just a reference to that? Besides that, I think it's just an accessory that Nomi takes off to show that she "means business" - maybe.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    afe237be1e8d0cf514b29b675ff6bbef6877bf3a_2_654x500.jpeg

New NTTD standee's from Drissi.
    edited July 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Wow....... is there a new James Bond film coming out?
    Contraband wrote: »

I'm glad Lea is back NTTD, she has a very mysterious sexy vibe about her and she is a talented actor. It was rubbish how underwritten her character was in Spectre, hopefully NTTD will remedy that
    I wonder if Madeline and Bond will break up at the train station or if they'll be a scene of them calling it quits in the car before Bond leaves her?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Red_Snow wrote: »

They should have added a little flip calendar at the bottom.
    I wonder when the promotion campaign will restart again? Late this month/ early August?
    I'm always afraid to be an optimist about these things but guys...I think this movie is actually coming out in October. I get goosebumps every time I stop to think about it.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Given the box office for Fast 9, there’s no reason to push it back anymore. EON seems to have played their cards well. We shall see.
    Given the box office for Fast 9, there’s no reason to push it back anymore. EON seems to have played their cards well. We shall see.

Yes, 423 million worldwide so far for F9, and that's before this long weekend hits. If this thing breaks one billion in just a few weeks, then that's a sign that people are ready to go back to theaters.
    Very good sign, hopefully everything still trends well and they can have a big premier and globe trotting press tour like they want.

Yes, 423 million worldwide so far for F9, and that's before this long weekend hits. If this thing breaks one billion in just a few weeks, then that's a sign that people are ready to go back to theaters.

Why not bring NTTD forward to August, why wait for other films to arrive?
    It seems to me there is a window between Suicide Squad on 08/06 and Venom on 09/23 which would be big enough for Bond to do huge box office.
    https://www.imdb.com/calendar/

Dune comes out two weeks after Bond and Eternals four weeks after.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The whole sequence with the wig reminds me of Rosie Carver from Live and Let Die. It is possible the wig is just a reference to that? Besides that, I think it's just an accessory that Nomi takes off to show that she "means business" - maybe.

The two shots of Nomi in the bedroom are suggesting two different things. The shot of her in the wig, with her leg up, has a very seductive quality to it. The second, as you point out here, seems more "down to business." I almost wonder if Nomi showed up to seduce Bond and then, upon being rebuffed, took off the wig and tried a different approach.
    Fresh interview and supercool stills with Brosnan, posted in actors thread
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited July 2021 Posts: 5,869
    TripAces wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

The two shots of Nomi in the bedroom are suggesting two different things. The shot of her in the wig, with her leg up, has a very seductive quality to it. The second, as you point out here, seems more "down to business." I almost wonder if Nomi showed up to seduce Bond and then, upon being rebuffed, took off the wig and tried a different approach.
    Or instead of being rebuffed (as that puts the "power" in Bond's hands which I think the writers would want to avoid when we first meet Nomi) uses seduction to get inside - and then completely switches when she reveals she's a 00.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Picked up these cool magazines from Germany:

German fan club mag with poster

51287325765_f76104cb1d_o.png

Bond gets tactical - his weapons, watches, knives and legendary cars

51287325585_08c8be2e2d_o.png
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2021 Posts: 4,343
    I know it's OT and I don't know if it's already been posted... but I don't know where to put it: here's the official logo for the 60th Anniversary...

C22004JamesBond30x30cmCalendarBACK_2000x.jpg?v=1625032096
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Cool thanks.
    I really hope neither Bond nor Nomi make any advances towards each other, it would be better on screen if neither one of them got "rejected".
    Plus I think Bond might flirt with and possibly sleep with Paloma, as well as Madeline in the Matera sequence