No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I doubt at this point they’ll release a newly edited trailer. They’ve already shown plenty of footage.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    But they could at least edit a fresh one together using the footage we have seen.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    They absolutely need a brand new trailer to boost the hype and kick off the marketing campaign.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    3 trailers is the norm for films of this scale so I’d expect another to be released a month or two before the currently slated release.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I want a poster that really pops, something that channels vintage Bond. What I’ve seen so far has been uninspired.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    talos7 wrote: »
    I want a poster that really pops, something that channels vintage Bond. What I’ve seen so far has been uninspired.
    Agreed. Aside from a couple of decent designs the poster campaign has been pretty laughable.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd be surprised if we don't get a recognizable amount of new footage in a trailer or TV spot before release.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    talos7 wrote: »

Here you go :)

il_1140xN.2422306792_1ybc.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Something like that would be a real eye catcher in theater lobbies.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    A fresh final poster celebrating the theater release after a 1.5 year delay is pretty much a given.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    matt_u wrote: »
    A fresh final poster celebrating the theater release after a 1.5 year delay is pretty much a given.

Yeah, I think it's inevitable. I hope it's a world beater.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,949
    Could it be...? There's a couple of candidates of course.

EDIT: He's deleted his tweet! It was film director Edgar Wright saying: "I'm not allowed to say I saw it, but I just finished watching one of the most anticipated films of the year (and indeed last year). It was everything I wanted and more. Yes. That one."
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    mtm wrote: »

Interesting. Other than NTTD, what is the most anticipated film of the year? Top Gun Maverick? Dune?
    It would be very hard to judge as Wright is quite pally with a number of filmmakers who had films scheduled for last year that didn't get released.

But it absolutely could have been NTTD. And if it was then that is very promising!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Jordo007 wrote: »

Interesting. Other than NTTD, what is the most anticipated film of the year? Top Gun Maverick? Dune?

Dune strikes me as the most likely out of those, yes indeed, but then Fukunaga is in the UK shooting his WW2 series isn't he? Doesn't seem impossible that he might have shown it to some local director mates (I realise Cruise/McQ is here too! :) )
    Could you reshare the link? I can't open it
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

If you mean me, sorry- it was a Tweet which I posted but has since been deleted(!). It was film director Edgar Wright saying:
    "I'm not allowed to say I saw it, but I just finished watching one of the most anticipated films of the year (and indeed last year). It was everything I wanted and more. Yes. That one."
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Wright also mentioned it was not "JB".
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Probs Black Widow or summin.

Ah. Thank you! I would expect it was probably Dune or Top Gun: Maverick then, in that case.
    I'm sure EON would send some henchmen over to Fukunaga's house if he dared show NTTD to any of his mates.
    If cast members like Ben Whishaw haven’t seen the movie yet, it’s very unlikely Wright has either.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Ah. Thank you! I would expect it was probably Dune or Top Gun: Maverick then, in that case.

Denis Villeneuve for Bond 26. Now. Right now. Sign the contract.

If you mean me, sorry- it was a Tweet which I posted but has since been deleted(!). It was film director Edgar Wright saying:
    "I'm not allowed to say I saw it, but I just finished watching one of the most anticipated films of the year (and indeed last year). It was everything I wanted and more. Yes. That one."
    👍
    TripAces wrote: »

Denis Villeneuve for Bond 26. Now. Right now. Sign the contract.

I wouldn't say no to that! I would hope he would provide a tighter paced entry should he ever take the reins, though. I love pretty much all of his films, admittedly, but pacing is key.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

Ah cool, thanks. I reckon probably Dune then.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Full text of his later tweets: “To put you out of your misery - it’s not JB, DV, GB, or FD. Or TSS, BW, TE, HK, F9…”
    JB - James Bond
    DV - possibly Denis Villeneuve’s Dune
    GB - Ghostbusters Afterlife
    FD - The French Dispatch (Wes Anderson)
    TSS - The Suicide Squad
    BW - Black Widow
    TE - The Eternals
    HK - Halloween Kills (?)
    F9 - Fast Nine
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,441
    I feel game coming up ;)

CE or AQPPII

That last one
    A Quiet Place Part II
    was last year seen for one weak together with TSM in February before Corona making the cinema a .....p. Reasen why movie is stil credit as 2020 movie.

CE = A movie with 101 dogs
    TSM = A movie based on Sony Game with Jim Carey.
    AQPPII = Sequel of trilogy who demend :-$
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Full text of his later tweets: “To put you out of your misery - it’s not JB, DV, GB, or FD. Or TSS, BW, TE, HK, F9…”
    JB - James Bond
    DV - possibly Denis Villeneuve’s Dune
    GB - Ghostbusters Afterlife
    FD - The French Dispatch (Wes Anderson)
    TSS - The Suicide Squad
    BW - Black Widow
    TE - The Eternals
    HK - Halloween Kills (?)
    F9 - Fast Nine

Ah right, erm... yes, assuming DV is Dune (it would seem weird that he's mentioning the most anticipated movies and no-one can tell which one DV is! :D ) then I would guess it's Top Gun Maverick he saw- I can well imagine Cruise and McQuarrie showing it in a social situation, and they're all mates through Simon Pegg.

If you haven't listened to Adam Buxton's Christmas podcast yet there's a fun anecdote there about meeting Cruise at Pegg's birthday party! (For anyone who doesn't know Buxton, he's a UK comedian best know for his TV stuff in the 90s, ex-comedy partner of Joe Cornish who was director of Attack the Block/Edgar Wright's writing partner; Buxton was in Hot Fuzz etc. - basically they're all part of the same crowd)