No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited June 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Wright also mentioned it was not "JB".

That’s why it’s NTTD... XD

Wright is also a long time Bond fan.

Anyway probably he’s talking about Top Gun 2...
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I thought Wright wasn’t a fan of Craig’s run? He’s complained about the films being too serious and not fun like with Connery and Moore.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Interview with Rachel W. Talking about Marvel, being married to Daniel

mtm wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    I want a poster that really pops, something that channels vintage Bond. What I’ve seen so far has been uninspired.

Here you go :)

il_1140xN.2422306792_1ybc.jpg

Beautiful poster.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I want a poster that really pops, something that channels vintage Bond. What I’ve seen so far has been uninspired.

Beautiful poster.

Info about the artist:

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/no-time-die-fan-poster-reminiscent-vintage-bond-posters

Order poster:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ThunderSpyArt?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=825834157
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Contraband wrote: »
    Interview with Rachel W. Talking about Marvel, being married to Daniel

Thanks for sharing mate. I really like Rachel Weisz, Daniel did very well for himself there.
    I have to laugh at the fact that even Daniel's wife doesn't even remember how many times they've delayed NTTD, imagine how it feels for us.

I'd love Eon to commission some of the talented people we have on this forum to do a new poster. You guys have more imagination than anyone over at the graphic designers connected with these films
    I'd rather them release some new posters and maybe do some new interviews with the cast, than release another trailer. I feel like we have a lot to get us excited for this film. Perhaps they could edit the trailers and create something different, instead another new trailer with more unseen footage. Just my thoughts

Absolutely love this! Great job!!!! :-bd
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I didn't know where else to put this...

Knives 2 will start shooting in Porto Heli and on the island of Spetses, Greece, on June 28. Last week Craig visited the Greek Consulate in New York to get his Visa-card

he looks like he could do bond one more time
    Denbigh wrote: »

Bond 26's villain?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'd still love to see Strong in any capacity in a Bond film.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Shame Strong & Craig couldn’t have faced off in a Bond film together. I bet their on screen chemistry would’ve been insanely good.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Strong is so typecast in villain roles that I would much rather see him in as an ally to Bond, perhaps as a government figure or another 00 agent. A military mentor to a younger Bond in the next era would be a cool role to see him play.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2021 Posts: 5,869
    jake24 wrote: »
    Strong is so typecast in villain roles that I would much rather see him in as an ally to Bond, perhaps as a government figure or another 00 agent. A military mentor to a younger Bond in the next era would be a cool role to see him play.
    I'd actually be up for him as M if they wanted him to do it, but might be better for a future Bond as opposed to the next.

On the subject of military mentors to a "younger" Bond though, I'd actually like to see that dynamic with him and Felix. I think it could be a nice interesting way to do it differently while being able to stay true to their relationship. Actor wise, I think Joel Edgerton would be a good Felix, especially in the context of a mentor.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Absolutely love this! Great job!!!! :-bd

Thanks! Glad you like it :)

Ha! That's a great story. To be fair he might not have got it anyway! :)
    What do we think? Maybe Stamper? Could be Reynard I guess but I'm not sure they'd give up that easily.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Knives 2 will start shooting in Porto Heli and on the island of Spetses, Greece, on June 28. Last week Craig visited the Greek Consulate in New York to get his Visa-card

He really does!
    Did not know that Strong and Craig lived together in 1996, starred together in some BBC-series (both with long hair) and that Craig is the godfather to one of Strong's children.
    Risico007 wrote: »

He 100% could.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 727

Lol. What compels a Deep South detective to go to Greece?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

tenor.gif?itemid=15093979
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

tenor.gif?itemid=15093979
    Well, Bond had a Louisiana sheriff in Thailand ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Did not know that Strong and Craig lived together in 1996, starred together in some BBC-series (both with long hair) and that Craig is the godfather to one of Strong's children.

A scene from an uneven film. It's OK, has a young Felicity Jones in it. But it isn't nearly as good when Craig isn't on screen (which is about half the film). This scene is magic.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,961

Yes that series was Our Friends In The North- that was both of theirs big break; certainly the first time I’d heard of either of them. They co-starred with Gina McKee and Christopher Eccleston who had both been around a bit more but it increased their profiles too.
    Not just long hair: they aged over several decades!

Yes that series was Our Friends In The North- that was both of theirs big break; certainly the first time I’d heard of either of them. They co-starred with Gina McKee and Christopher Eccleston who had both been around a bit more but it increased their profiles too.
    Not just long hair: they aged over several decades!

"Our Friends..." is a domestic series for british viewers, hasn't been shown on foreign networks, at least not in scandinavia. That's why I never heard of it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    That’s okay, I didn’t expect you to :)
    It’s known as a bit of a classic here and it basically launched Craig’s career.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I like Mark Strong, he was great in RocknRolla and his small part in 1917 was vital to the story.
    I imagine he auditioned for Renard?
    That’s okay, I didn’t expect you to :)
    It’s known as a bit of a classic here and it basically launched Craig’s career.

Aha ok. Good to know.. or not :))
  • George_KaplanGeorge_Kaplan Not a red herring
    The whole thing's on YouTube, I'd highly recommend it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    On Britbox too.
    TripAces wrote: »

A scene from an uneven film. It's OK, has a young Felicity Jones in it. But it isn't nearly as good when Craig isn't on screen (which is about half the film). This scene is magic.

Flashbacks of a Fool is one of my favourite Craig films and has a fine cast including Strong, Jones, Olivia Williams, and Helen McCrory. A very personal project for many involved, and unfortunately a very under-the-radar film.
  • TripAces wrote: »

Flashbacks of a Fool is one of my favourite Craig films and has a fine cast including Strong, Jones, Olivia Williams, and Helen McCrory. A very personal project for many involved, and unfortunately a very under-the-radar film.

Blindly purchased this film sometime around QoS and loved it. Not for everyone, but this scene is great. :))