No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Saw Cruella this past weekend. Good movie. More importantly: packed house. I think we're on our way back (fingers crossed)! We're a little over 3 1/2 months away! I am starting to get excited again.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I'm hoping we get a track from Zimmer's score soon. Score-wise, my ears have been starved.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    TripAces wrote: »
    Saw Cruella this past weekend. Good movie. More importantly: packed house. I think we're on our way back (fingers crossed)! We're a little over 3 1/2 months away! I am starting to get excited again.

With new films being released and Quiet Place 2 exceeding what was projected, I think we'll be in good shape. I think Fast 9 will be the tell all as far as what to expect going forward.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get a track from Zimmer's score soon. Score-wise, my ears have been starved.

absolutely. but would you rather get one track right now, only for it to get pushed back again? or wait a few months and get the whole thing hopefully when it drops in October.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    GadgetMan wrote: »

absolutely. but would you rather get one track right now, only for it to get pushed back again? or wait a few months and get the whole thing hopefully when it drops in October.

Personally I'm waiting on the podcasts and DHL material to be released
  • I personally feel if they drop another cue it would likely be
    "Back to Mi6"
    as I get the feeling its one of the lesser spoilery cues but can still help to get us pumped. just hearing a little bit of it on the "James Bond podcast" episode was exciting in my opinion. Also hearing it when someone tried to EQ out the other sounds was actually kind of exciting even though the quality is obviously not the greatest. But doesn't it just add to the fun and excitement a little more.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I personally feel if they drop another cue it would likely be
    "Back to Mi6"
    as I get the feeling its one of the lesser spoilery cues but can still help to get us pumped. just hearing a little bit of it on the "James Bond podcast" episode was exciting in my opinion. Also hearing it when someone tried to EQ out the other sounds was actually kind of exciting even though the quality is obviously not the greatest. But doesn't it just add to the fun and excitement a little more.

A talented youtube composer has expanded it into a full cue. Very good it is as well.

edited June 2021 Posts: 4,247
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Oh, like most guys here, I hope the current release date sticks. And it could just stick this time. So maybe we could get a track from Zimmer around August or early September. And I think we're not far from another round of thunderous marketing. Maybe a new poster to start with.
    Theoretically when the podcast resumes (late August? early Sept?) we should get more Zimmer music in the background of the conversations.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Theoretically when the podcast resumes (late August? early Sept?) we should get more Zimmer music in the background of the conversations.

Yeah. Something of that ilk.
  • Does anyone know if there are any other versions of the cues from "no time to die" that are featured on "The official James Bond podcast"? that have tried to have the voxs removed? ie like this one I've actually just done one not sure that it is that much better. guessing we can't upload mp3 straight to this site?
  • Mallory wrote: »
    I personally feel if they drop another cue it would likely be
    "Back to Mi6"

A talented youtube composer has expanded it into a full cue. Very good it is as well.

too right.

That Mark Strong story is so funny and ironic! :))
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    That Mark Strong story is so funny and ironic! :))

And I failed to mention in my previous post that Strong has a prominent role in Cruella. He's fantastic.
    Thanks for the info that Mark Strong appears in Cruella. I recall when the live action 101 Dalmations came out, it had a tremendous cast, which included, as the bumbling henchmen, Mark Williams (later to shine in Shakespeare in Love, among other productions) and Hugh Laurie (later to shine as Dr. House in House, and in John LeCarre's The Night Manager as a terrific villain, among other productions). Everyone was wonderful in that 1996 101 Dalmations film, and these two henchmen were superb, albeit in their ineptness. Perhaps we might see M Strong portray a villain in a future Bond film. Another poster has proposed Strong for M. Hmmm....vvvveeeedddy interesting.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Strong would make a great villain but he may also make an interesting M, particularly with a new Bond.
    I doubt he would used as a sedentary M, don't you ? He's too young for that. Numerous posters on this site have complained about M or other home office folks getting into the field too much, despite the fact it started back in TB (Q visits Bond on the mission), YOLT (on a supposedly ruined liner), continued somewhat in OHMSS (though in a social context), and continued thereafter, in DAF (Moneypenny at the border stop), and quite notably in TSWLM (M with his Soviet counterpart at the pyramids complex), and thereafter. In most of the pre-Craig instances, M was just operating a remote office (the papers flying in the airplane cargo bay "flying office" was inane, not funny were that the idea, as if they had no foresight whatsoever). At any rate, not that I would see a Mark Strong M in the field a great deal, I just don't see him behind a desk. Of course, would they really promote the armorer, pretty much, from the Kingsmen films to being M in Bond films ?
    Since62 wrote: »
    I doubt he would used as a sedentary M, don't you ? He's too young for that. Numerous posters on this site have complained about M or other home office folks getting into the field too much, despite the fact it started back in TB (Q visits Bond on the mission), YOLT (on a supposedly ruined liner), continued somewhat in OHMSS (though in a social context), and continued thereafter, in DAF (Moneypenny at the border stop), and quite notably in TSWLM (M with his Soviet counterpart at the pyramids complex), and thereafter. In most of the pre-Craig instances, M was just operating a remote office (the papers flying in the airplane cargo bay "flying office" was inane, not funny were that the idea, as if they had no foresight whatsoever). At any rate, not that I would see a Mark Strong M in the field a great deal, I just don't see him behind a desk. Of course, would they really promote the armorer, pretty much, from the Kingsmen films to being M in Bond films ?

He may be open to a limited role as the authority figure who sends Bond off on missions . It would be great exposure with little commitment of time.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Found some new stills from the London shoot

znkuL7f.jpg
    qYvivj1.jpg
    RkpuQMm.jpg
    Oxo5kIU.jpg
    G1d6wc2.jpg
    So cool…
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Love the 3rd shot. That strut screams alpha energy.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Love the 3rd shot. That strut screams alpha energy.

Or there's an ambulance coming and he's underestimated how long it will take to cross :D
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Wonder if that lip scar is from his real clumsy fall in Jamaica or make-up scar from a fight in Jamaica with baddies
    Red marks on his hands, knuckles, too
    Contraband wrote: »
    Found some new stills from the London shoot

znkuL7f.jpg
    qYvivj1.jpg
    RkpuQMm.jpg
    Oxo5kIU.jpg
    G1d6wc2.jpg

I didn't realize it before: his slacks are cuffed. Interesting. So I went back and looked: turns out that many of DC's suits have had cuffed slacks. Mexico City in SP. PTS and Rooftop in SF. Brown suit in QoS. And here, I always thought cuffs were a no-no on suits. I should have been paying more attention.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Does anyone know if there are any other versions of the cues from "no time to die" that are featured on "The official James Bond podcast"? that have tried to have the voxs removed? ie like this one I've actually just done one not sure that it is that much better. guessing we can't upload mp3 straight to this site?

Tried my hand at making these 2 a while back - one has been ID'd as Back to MI6, the other has not been ID'd as anything. Am now working on the Matera scene that was released but it's hard to get rid of non-voice audio
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I really wish they’d just release a snippet of a triumphant version of the NTTD theme song. I’d imagine the theme will be incorporated into the movie’s score.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I really wish they’d just release a snippet of a triumphant version of the NTTD theme song. I’d imagine the theme will be incorporated into the movie’s score.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    With the mention of NTTD clothing, I've been collecting the tactical gear, and those of you with an interest in this may be aware of the Carbon Tactics buckles which feature on Bond and Nomi's commando outfits.

A while back, I identified a different brand buckle that Nomi wears in Cuba - the two she wears either side with red latches. It finally arrived today, and it's a cool looking buckle:

51235607808_95fdef70f5_o.png

alongside the Carbon Tactics Epoch buckle which features on both Bond and Nomi's leg holster:
    51236173709_610e880583_o.png
  • Does anyone know if there are any other versions of the cues from "no time to die" that are featured on "The official James Bond podcast"? that have tried to have the voxs removed? ie like this one I've actually just done one not sure that it is that much better. guessing we can't upload mp3 straight to this site?

Tried my hand at making these 2 a while back - one has been ID'd as Back to MI6, the other has not been ID'd as anything. Am now working on the Matera scene that was released but it's hard to get rid of non-voice audio

Okay awesome. thanks for responding.