No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2021 Posts: 5,869
    Also let us not forget, as well as being a great actress...

• edited May 2021 Posts: 121
    QBranch wrote: »
    51209083622_907e2d21cc_o.png

That painting has been my laptop screensaver since we saw that painting in the Prince Charles set visit video nearly 2 years ago.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    That painting has been my laptop screensaver since we saw that painting in the Prince Charles set visit video nearly 2 years ago.
    Nice choice. I've gone through a couple of NTTD images myself over the last two years. Latest screensaver is Bond and Paloma standing at the Cuban bar, looking out at the street.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Nice choice. I've gone through a couple of NTTD images myself over the last two years. Latest screensaver is Bond and Paloma standing at the Cuban bar, looking out at the street.

I absolutely love that picture. So elegant.
    edited May 2021 Posts: 13,970
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

I absolutely love that picture. So elegant.
    True, and Craig looks flawless as Bond there. I bought the metal shot pourer seen in the background.
    jake24 wrote: »
    NO TIME TO DIE Final Trailer (edited by your's truly) :)

Good edit. Deserves more views on YT!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Appreciate it!

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    51210858555_86be757104_o.png

Two nuggets of NTTD production info in the latest issue of MI6 Confidential:

Ralph Fiennes chose one of the paintings for M's office:
    For M's office in No Time to Die, production designer Mark Tildesley wanted Ralph Fiennes' M to put his own touch on the classic set, so he invited the actor to pick out a piece of artwork that he felt was in line with his character and the story. Fiennes chose 'Nash: Battle Of Germany' (1944), an oil painting by British surrealist painter and war artist Paul Nash. It depicts an abstract view of a German city awaiting aerial bombardment.

Jamaican actor Munair Zacca (San Moniquan hotel receptionist, LALD) chats about NTTD:
    Munair learned that the latest 007 epic would feature two actresses of Jamaican background in major roles - Lashana Lynch and Naomie Harris.

"They were also interviewing people in Kingston for small roles. I think they were just looking for people off the streets, extras. They weren't looking for actors. They had one speaking role for a barber. But I don't think I looked like what they wanted. Anyway, I didn't hear anything back."

Though he didn't get the role, Munair was already the veteran of an earlier Bond classic.

Could we see Bond getting a shave at the barber before his trip to Cuba? Or perhaps Felix getting his head shaved before meeting Bond?

51209083762_68d4db5ae1_o.png

I let my subscription lapse. I have to renew.

Does the latest issue solve the mystery of the paintings in Bond's flat in SP?
    TripAces wrote: »
    51210858555_86be757104_o.png

Two nuggets of NTTD production info in the latest issue of MI6 Confidential:

Ralph Fiennes chose one of the paintings for M's office:
    For M's office in No Time to Die, production designer Mark Tildesley wanted Ralph Fiennes' M to put his own touch on the classic set, so he invited the actor to pick out a piece of artwork that he felt was in line with his character and the story. Fiennes chose 'Nash: Battle Of Germany' (1944), an oil painting by British surrealist painter and war artist Paul Nash. It depicts an abstract view of a German city awaiting aerial bombardment.

Jamaican actor Munair Zacca (San Moniquan hotel receptionist, LALD) chats about NTTD:
    Munair learned that the latest 007 epic would feature two actresses of Jamaican background in major roles - Lashana Lynch and Naomie Harris.

"They were also interviewing people in Kingston for small roles. I think they were just looking for people off the streets, extras. They weren't looking for actors. They had one speaking role for a barber. But I don't think I looked like what they wanted. Anyway, I didn't hear anything back."

Though he didn't get the role, Munair was already the veteran of an earlier Bond classic.

Could we see Bond getting a shave at the barber before his trip to Cuba? Or perhaps Felix getting his head shaved before meeting Bond?

51209083762_68d4db5ae1_o.png

I let my subscription lapse. I have to renew.

Does the latest issue solve the mystery of the paintings in Bond's flat in SP?
    I'll have a look for you when I get home, buddy. From memory, they talk about the Duke of Wellington from DN and maybe SF, but not SP. I'll check later.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    So discussing the whole Nomi situation some other place (honestly no idea, why I do that to myself...) I had an idea.
    What do you think is the likelihood that Bond's reaction to being offered the 007 designation back is "Do I look like I give a damn?" or something along those lines? Some fans seem to be so focused on "James Bond, the white man, is 007", do you think they will directly address that by having him personally comment on whether or not the number is important to him? And if so, which way do you think they will go?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2021 Posts: 5,869
    3 months 4 weeks till we might actually get to see this thing...

And @ImpertinentGoon...

I personally think it won't be addressed bar a line here or there when they meet and then at the end. I also believe Bond won't be offered the designation back or whatever, I think it'll be Nomi's from the beginning to the end and it'll just be a matter of Bond giving his own approval of Nomi as the new 007 after working together, and Nomi will respect James Bond as her predecessor, which won't be the case at the start. Overall, I imagine Craig might have a more jovial response to Nomi, in that while she'll be quite serious as well as witty, Craig's Bond will have more fun with it, which could rub Nomi the wrong way at first. Then when the stakes rise and rise, things will get more and more serious for both of them.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Denbigh wrote: »

And @ImpertinentGoon...

I personally think it won't be addressed bar a line here or there when they meet and then at the end. I also believe Bond won't be offered the designation back or whatever, I think it'll be Nomi's from the beginning to the end and it'll just be a matter of Bond giving his own approval of Nomi as the new 007 after working together, and Nomi will respect James Bond as her predecessor, which won't be the case at the start. Overall, I imagine Craig might have a more jovial response to Nomi, in that while she'll be quite serious as well as witty, Craig's Bond will have more fun with it, which could rub Nomi the wrong way at first. Then when the stakes rise and rise, things will get more and more serious for both of them.
    Hasn’t it been all but officially confirmed that Nomi is
    003 by the end?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

And @ImpertinentGoon...

003 by the end?
    I didn't know about that, where did we hear that from?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    So discussing the whole Nomi situation some other place (honestly no idea, why I do that to myself...) I had an idea.
    What do you think is the likelihood that Bond's reaction to being offered the 007 designation back is "Do I look like I give a damn?" or something along those lines? Some fans seem to be so focused on "James Bond, the white man, is 007", do you think they will directly address that by having him personally comment on whether or not the number is important to him? And if so, which way do you think they will go?

It’s got nothing to do wit him being “ the white man” being 007. That itself is bordering on racists and is unnecessarily inflammatory.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    https://inews.co.uk/culture/film/ben-whishaw-surge-interview-paddington-3-bond-release-this-going-to-hurt-bbc-1028331

The new Bond film No Time to Die was also delayed twice due to the pandemic. It’s currently set for release in September, almost two years since shooting wrapped. Being part of Daniel Craig’s final outing as 007 was “really special. It was quite moving really. This takes threads that began in earlier films and finishes them. I’m gonna be intrigued to see it and see how it feels, this thing that we made before this whole thing happened, and life was completely turned over.”
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

And @ImpertinentGoon...

003 by the end?

Think it was in some magazine interview with Lashana
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Contraband wrote: »

And @ImpertinentGoon...

003 by the end?

Wasn't the Superleggera listed as belonging to 003 in one of the newest Bond car books?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Hmm, it'll be interesting to see the response then if all this 007 drama has been for nothing - I can't tell whether they'll be happy or even more frustrated haha :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    My motto has always been " Travel in hope " :D
    Red_Snow wrote: »

And @ImpertinentGoon...

003 by the end?

Wasn't the Superleggera listed as belonging to 003 in one of the newest Bond car books?

That I haven't seen at all. News to me.. But I have seen '003' in print somewhere.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    I generally have a positive outlook. Still, could have been a typo.

edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Knives 2 will start shooting in Porto Heli and on the island of Spetses, Greece, on June 28. Last week Craig visited the Greek Consulate in New York to get his Visa-card

Knives 2 will start shooting in Porto Heli and on the island of Spetses, Greece, on June 28. Last week Craig visited the Greek Consulate in New York to get his Visa-card

Is that the haircut he's going to have in the sequel?
    ToTheRight wrote: »

Is that the haircut he's going to have in the sequel?

Yes it is. Had the same in the first movie
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Doesn't look like he's packing the flab this time. I guess there's more chance of a beach scene! :D
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I just rewatched the trailer to remind me that this is still coming out.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I do wonder when we'll get another trailer.

Surely they'll release to remind at least general audiences this thing is coming.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

Surely they'll release to remind at least general audiences this thing is coming.

Perhaps a new one to coincide with F9. Or they'll just add on the most recent one from 9 months ago.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Perhaps a new one to coincide with F9. Or they'll just add on the most recent one from 9 months ago.
    Maybe. They're still playing the first trailer in cinemas here in the UK.

I do think the Amazon/MGM deal has been some good publicity though.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    When I went to see Godzilla Vs Kong in IMAX a few weeks ago (UK), we got the second trailer, but is was ever so slightly sped up. Not by much, but enough for it to be noticeable as not quite right.