The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I don't know her but I'm sure she's a canny choice.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Kathryn Hahn is the latest to join Knives Out 2:

https://deadline.com/2021/05/knives-out-2-kathryn-hahn-1234755151/

This cast might be better than the first!
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    Kathryn Hahn is most of the time a scene-stealer, especially when she plays a character who's supposed to be sweet but has a mean streak. She can be all smiles but with a whiff of craziness or violence that works great for comedy, and even more for a crime comedy.

In the original, Edie Paterson was also a great choice. She's not as famous as Hahn, but her monologue in the season finale of The Righteous Gemstones, which comes almost out of the blue and escalates quickly, is the highlight of the entire season.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    craig2.jpg

Daniel Craig at the Greek Consulate in New York
    ZNEWS GR

All the details about Bond's visit

The fact that Greece is again at the center of international interest in filmmaking is now a given and well known.

Our country re-entered the map of production companies by giants such as Netflix.

So everything is ready to start shooting Knives Out 2 starring Daniel Craig.

The actor is expected to re-incarnate detective Benoit Blanc and this time in the cast he will have Dave Bautista, Edward Norton, and Janelle Monáe according to the first information.

The film production team is expected in Greece this month to start shooting in June in Porto Heli and to be completed in July or August.

The British actor is also expected to visit Spetses.

During his trip to Greece, Craig recently visited the Greek Consulate in New York where he met with the Consul for Culture, Evelyn Kanelleas.

Znews provided photos from this visit.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited May 2021 Posts: 4,548
    Kathryn Hahn is most of the time a scene-stealer, especially when she plays a character who's supposed to be sweet but has a mean streak. She can be all smiles but with a whiff of craziness or violence that works great for comedy, and even more for a crime comedy.

In the original, Edie Paterson was also a great choice. She's not as famous as Hahn, but her monologue in the season finale of The Righteous Gemstones, which comes almost out of the blue and escalates quickly, is the highlight of the entire season.

Hahn is exceptional is Mrs. Fletcher. I don't know how she managed to act out some of her scenes, on a set, with people watching.
    I hope it will be an international cast given the film will shoot in Greece. So far, only American actors being announced (except DC).
    I hope it will be an international cast given the film will shoot in Greece. So far, only American actors being announced (except DC).

I wonder if it will be set in the Mediterranean or if Greece is doubling for somewhere in the US?
    AKS Porto Heli Hotel & Conference Centre Hosts Production Team of 'Knives out 2'
    https://news.gtp.gr/2021/05/26/aks-porto-heli-hotel-conference-centre-hosts-production-team-new-daniel-craig-movie/

The newly refurbished seafront AKS Porto Heli Hotel will serve as the accommodation and production base of 'Knives Out 2' which will film in Argosaronic area, Porto Heli and the island of Spetses from late June - July, before moving on to Serbia.

The local production company is Faliro House of Christos V. Konstantakopoulos.
    Madelyn Cline has joined the cast of Knives Out 2:

https://deadline.com/2021/06/knives-out-2-outer-banks-madelyn-cline-1234771421/
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Knives Out 2: Just wanna point out that if you all wanna see more of Craig and Dave Bautista this upcoming weeks you should pay attention to greek media above all, and brit/us entertainment sites, YT plus Twitter/Instagram > #KnivesOut2

Production starts on Monday, June 28th in Porto Heli (alternate spelling Pórto Chéli or Porto Cheli), Greece and on the island of Spetses. They will shoot for several weeks in the region. Crew and cast will stay at AKS Porto Heli, 4-star hotel in Porto Heli. Haven't seen any stills with pre-production crew or gear yet..

If anything they should have a press. conf (at the hotel maybe) this weekend or on Monday, especially since the ensemble has several big co-stars.

Madelyn Cline (Outer Banks, Stranger Things)
    Jessica Henwick (Underwater, Love and Monsters)
    Kathryn Hahn (WandaVision)
    Kate Hudson (Deepwater Horizon, Almost Famous)
    Janelle Monáe (Homecoming, Antebellum)
    Edward Norton (The Incredible Hulk)
    Leslie Odom Jr. (One Night in Miami)
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    I’m hoping the movie will have a unique title for the plot rather than just being “Knives Out 2”.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I’m hoping the movie will have a unique title for the plot rather than just being “Knives Out 2”.

Yeah me too mate. I was really hoping for a cinematic run but I doubt that'll be happening with Netflix buying the rights
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    It depends on what was negotiated. After all, ROMA and THE IRISHMAN were given a limited theatrical run before Netflix debuted them on their platform. It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that Rian Johnson made a stipulation that his films get a theatrical run.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    It depends on what was negotiated. After all, ROMA and THE IRISHMAN were given a limited theatrical run before Netflix debuted them on their platform. It wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility that Rian Johnson made a stipulation that his films get a theatrical run.

I do hope so, I really enjoyed seeing Knives Out with my girlfriend and her family at the cinema. It was the perfect film to see together with family in an audience and I think if it was on Netflix it would dilute the experience somewhat
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    edited June 2021 Posts: 467

Exactly, theatrical or home video releases are not something that Netflix favors, but big names who are attached to this can get specific clauses in their contracts.
    Maybe it will get a hybrid release like 'Gunpowder Milkshake' which will release on Netflix in North America and Nordicss, and internationally in cinemas.
    From what I been reading it's only on Netflix next year, in the summer I think. Netflix paid some 450 million dollars for the streaming rights but that is for two movies.

When Knives out 2 production has ended, Rian J will start working on the third one, also with Craig. Filming starts next spring or summer 2022

Day one of filming has begun on Knives Out 2:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4-of5MWEAYxEWh?format=jpg&name=medium
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    edited June 2021 Posts: 2,035
    DC on the set of KO2 with Kate Hudson and Kathryn Hahn

Damn, loving that outfit on Craig, he looks fantastic.
    IMO, very flattering outfit on Daniel. Let's see how the situation evolves the next days!
    I love how fresh the sequel is going to feel simply from the major locale change alone.
    edited June 2021 Posts: 3,018
    Knives Out 2 trivial info:
    All set photos so far (in the harbour): Town of Dapia, Spetses island, Greece,

The big motor yacht they are filming scenes on will be blown up in the coming days. Not the real deal but a full size replica that is on it's way from Istanbul

Production have set up camp on another island in a town calles Porto Heli, at the 4-star hotel AKS Porto Heli. Some 350 crew members are involved. They will also film in that town and nearby locations.

Daniel Craig stays in a 20 acres massive luxurious villa near Porto Heli town. And at his request/demand they have built a gym and a tennis court on the property. The producers have also rented several villas next door and closed down the area with tight security (locals are already pissed). Why? If media and fans finds out where Craig stays they can move him quickly to another rented villa. Hybris is thy name..

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2021 Posts: 14,861
    Nice to see some long lens shots of Craig shooting a movie again :D

The outfits are looking bang on.

E4_hIHaXoAUpKHA?format=jpg&name=900x900
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Is he the villain in this one?