The DANIEL CRAIG Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

Daniel is among the celebrities reading 'Twas the night before Christmas ...' in support of the Actors’ Benevolent Fund.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Red_Snow wrote: »

Daniel is among the celebrities reading 'Twas the night before Christmas ...' in support of the Actors’ Benevolent Fund.

He appears to be in his home in upstate New York, near Woodstock.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Yes they got a dumping of snow last week you can see out his window. Thirty inches in some parts.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, I note Bond alumni Dame Judi Dench, Daniel Craig, Joanna Lumley.

Then also Tom Hardy, Dame Maggie Smith, Penelope Keith and Ncuti Gatwa.
    The UN mission to find and eliminate mines has been DC's humanitarian focus for a while now. It's good to see. I wonder how much the scene...
    where the young girl gets blown to bits by a live mine, in Flashbacks of a Fool

...influenced his work with the UN.

TripAces wrote: »
    The UN mission to find and eliminate mines has been DC's humanitarian focus for a while now. It's good to see. I wonder how much the scene...
    where the young girl gets blown to bits by a live mine, in Flashbacks of a Fool

...influenced his work with the UN.

I believe it was his time spent filming Tomb Raider in Cambodia, that has influenced his involvement with the UN. He did write an article about it a few years back.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,554

Well, that sure is interesting. Rachel is a Carson McCullers scholar (wrote her dissertation on McCullers) and also did an interview for the Center back in November. But I don't see a reason (yet) for them being there...unless Rachel is going to direct a film based on a McCullers novel. And I could see DC producing. Ballad of the Sad Cafe would likely be it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ridiculously attractive couple! :)
    Craig looks so good I want him to come back for a 6th Bond.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @ToTheRight I'm with you on that mate.
    In an alternative universe, he would have done 2 more movies in, 2010 and 2018, but I've got to say I'm happy with Daniel's run as Bond, hopefully NTTD is a fitting finale
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    @ToTheRight I'm with you on that mate.
    In an alternative universe, he would have done 2 more movies in, 2010 and 2018, but I've got to say I'm happy with Daniel's run as Bond, hopefully NTTD is a fitting finale

I think NTTD is going to be a great farewell to Daniel. Possibly the best last outing for a Bond actor since.......OHMSS.

Well, that sure is interesting. Rachel is a Carson McCullers scholar (wrote her dissertation on McCullers) and also did an interview for the Center back in November. But I don't see a reason (yet) for them being there...unless Rachel is going to direct a film based on a McCullers novel. And I could see DC producing. Ballad of the Sad Cafe would likely be it.

Maybe "Reflections in a Golden Eye?"
    Awesome book and a Fleming favourite.
    Rossi wrote: »

Maybe "Reflections in a Golden Eye?"
    Awesome book and a Fleming favourite.

That was my other thought. ;)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It's Mr Craig's 53rd birthday today.

Funny thing is, in future people will think he was 53 when he made No Time To Die now! :) Same age Connery was in NSNA.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Happy birthday, Daniel!

Daniel-Craig-Javier-Bardem-promoted-Skyfall-Paris.jpg
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Congratulations to Daniel Craig.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    Happy Birthday to Daniel Craig. I already miss him as James Bond, but I'm happy he left an indelible mark on the franchise.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Happy Birthday to Daniel Craig. I already miss him as James Bond, but I'm happy he left an indelible mark on the franchise.

We still have one more film...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

That s the good thing about this delay, isn t it?
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria

Lol. Yeah. That's true.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    You guys seem to be enjoying the "Edging" forward of the "release " date for the
    movie. :D
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Happy Birthday, Daniel! Now get me that final Bond film of yours already, please.
  • mtm wrote: »
    It's Mr Craig's 53rd birthday today.

Funny thing is, in future people will think he was 53 when he made No Time To Die now! :) Same age Connery was in NSNA.

Connery was 52 years and 1 month old when filming commenced on Never Say Never Again.
    Belated Birthday wishes Daniel Craig!!!! <:-P
    You guys seem to be enjoying the "Edging" forward of the "release " date for the
    movie. :D

I am not insecure and do readily my man crush on DC. LOL
    Greek media are reporting that Knives Out 2 will shoot at Porto Heli and Spetses from May - August.