No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Dying for some new content.
    No Time to Die For New Content Twice Another Day
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Oh man, that spot made me all giddy for the film again. Can't wait for September and really hope it sticks this time.
    Oh man, that spot made me all giddy for the film again. Can't wait for September and really hope it sticks this time.

I'm not usually the most optimistic of people, but I'm fairly certain that it will.

I'm not usually the most optimistic of people, but I'm fairly certain that it will.

My feeling currently is that the US and UK look to be pretty settled at least on the vaccination side of things. So I assume the film will release at the current date. My problem is that my native Germany is slightly fucked at the moment and I struggle to believe our leaders' promises that everyone who wants to can get vaccinated by September. So I'm back to where I was about a year ago: Convinced the film will be released, slightly pessimistic whether I will get to (be confident enough to go) see it in a cinema on the international opening weekend..

My feeling currently is that the US and UK look to be pretty settled at least on the vaccination side of things. So I assume the film will release at the current date. My problem is that my native Germany is slightly fucked at the moment and I struggle to believe our leaders' promises that everyone who wants to can get vaccinated by September. So I'm back to where I was about a year ago: Convinced the film will be released, slightly pessimistic whether I will get to (be confident enough to go) see it in a cinema on the international opening weekend..

Yes, the EU ordering vaccines a whole 2 months after the UK and then refusing to give vaccinations after complaining about not getting enough probably hasn't helped Germany.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Yes, the EU ordering vaccines a whole 2 months after the UK and then refusing to give vaccinations after complaining about not getting enough probably hasn't helped Germany.

and then suing the hand thats feeding them. They really must be playing 4d chess.
    I derailed the thread into Covid politics again, sorry.

A question for our US friends (or the people who follow these things): Was there any marketing for NTTD around the Oscars? Doesn't look like it, right?

A question for our US friends (or the people who follow these things): Was there any marketing for NTTD around the Oscars? Doesn't look like it, right?

If not do we take that as a bad omen, or that they're now being very conservative with their markerting costs?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I think they’re being cautious. They probably already spent millions on marketing.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited April 27 Posts: 441
    I would say they are being extremely cautious, so probably no new content until the podcasts come back.

For now, I think in terms of spoilers and new content, let's just keep digging and hope to find some more clues and hints :D
  • And spoil the film more for yourself so by the time the film actually comes out, you know or have guessed almost everything that happens in it, so most of the film isn't a surprise to you.
    Some people pushed for the film to be delayed in the first place last year and this is where it's gotten us (not so much me as I don't intentionally keep up with spoilers and rumours). I still think this July would have been a better time to come out and keep up some momentum that has been lost but oh well, this wait will continue to drag on. Never mind (shrugs shoulders emoji).
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Cary on set filming tv-series Masters of the Air, wearing NTTD hoodie or maybe it's a jacket

edited April 27 Posts: 441
    And spoil the film more for yourself so by the time the film actually comes out, you know or have guessed almost everything that happens in it, so most of the film isn't a surprise to you.
    Some people pushed for the film to be delayed in the first place last year and this is where it's gotten us (not so much me as I don't intentionally keep up with spoilers and rumours). I still think this July would have been a better time to come out and keep up some momentum that has been lost but oh well, this wait will continue to drag on. Never mind (shrugs shoulders emoji).

Eh, it doesn't bother me tbh, It's not something I see as a bad thing. Live and let live, as they say - it astonishes me the hostility of some people when it comes to someone talking about spoilers in their own little private circles - like just don't look!

It's satisfying when I do get a prediction right, but if I don't I'm just as surprised as everybody else watching, so either way I get to enjoy the film, spoiled or not :))
    Sooner or later, if not already, someone might include a scene in some film or show wherein a character considers eating something, declares that it was ruined by being spoiled, and then break the 4th wall and look at the camera with a sour expression and a shake of the head...
    I'm not picking on anyone ! If something's been disclosed I missed it anyway !
    Don't worry about it, we're all good :)

4th wall breaks, when executed well, are fantastic tbh.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I don't like spoilers and avoid them. But the one thing I wouldn't mind knowing, is if Bond would drive the Valhalla in an action scene.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 28 Posts: 7,703
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I don't like spoilers and avoid them. But the one thing I wouldn't mind knowing, is if Bond would drive the Valhalla in an action scene.

I'm pretty sure he won't. I think they only had one rolling replica of it and that wouldn't be enough for any action.
    Plus it looks like this film has its fair share of car action already!
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    mtm wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »

I'm pretty sure he won't. I think they only had one rolling replica of it and that wouldn't be enough for any action.
    Plus it looks like this film has its fair share of car action already!

Yeah. It looks likely that he won't. And you're right about Cary going for Vehicular-themed action in many scenes. Although, I would have liked the Valhalla to at least create a memorable scene, even if it were short.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

It was one of the films featured in the pre-Oscars 'Big Screen Is Back' video.

No new footage.
    In at least one of the trailers for NTTD the Valhalla appears in the background, behind M, thereby managing to get not one, not two, not three but FOUR fabulous Aston Martin cars into one Bond film. Here comes the part for smarter people than I to muse upon: One might consider the cars to represent:
    The relatively distant past
    The relatively recent past
    The present
    The future
    ...whoaaaa, duuude....
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I don't know why but this film feels like it's ages away haha. Maybe it's because we've been here before and there's still a little doubt in my mind, it'll come out.
    At least it didn't delay to November when MI7 was delayed
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I don't know why but this film feels like it's ages away haha. Maybe it's because we've been here before and there's still a little doubt in my mind, it'll come out.

I'm in this odd limbo state where I somehow, at times, forget it's still coming. It feels like it's a couple of weeks away but also feels like it's three years out at the exact same time.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm in this odd limbo state where I somehow, at times, forget it's still coming. It feels like it's a couple of weeks away but also feels like it's three years out at the exact same time.

The exciting part is...we're only 5 months away! The concerning part is that too many people here in the U.S. won't get the vaccine (because it's become a political tool, ffs) and I now doubt we will reach herd immunity by fall.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm with you guys! Hopefully this summer they begin the promotion swing again, and crossing fingers it's the last real promotion before release day!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

I think MI7 delayed in part to move away from Bond?
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    mtm wrote: »

I think MI7 delayed in part to move away from Bond?

Perhaps. Fall is super crowded and they wanted to guarantee a safer release date to Top Gun. I wonder why WB is still sticking with their Dune release date.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I heard it was because they thought Top Gun would be more profitable in the winter, when everywhere is more safe and also it will give Tom Cruise more time to begin filming MI8

I hope NTTD sticks to its release date, it's only a small thing but my Mrs bought me a NTTD poster for my birthday last year, and I kid you not it anger's her every time she sees it with the wrong date on it. She tells me about it every time like it's my fault they haven't released the film yet haha
    Since62 wrote: »
    In at least one of the trailers for NTTD the Valhalla appears in the background, behind M, thereby managing to get not one, not two, not three but FOUR fabulous Aston Martin cars into one Bond film. Here comes the part for smarter people than I to muse upon: One might consider the cars to represent:
    The relatively distant past
    The relatively recent past
    The present
    The future
    ...whoaaaa, duuude....

That's a pretty interesting allegory, actually!

From Bond and Madeleine in the DB5 representing the past, to the 70s Phantom when Bond is seemingly thrust back into the limelight, to Nomi's ultra-futuristic ride, as well as the Valhalla in the wind tunnel (of which is one of the few scenes that we haven't been able to put a solid place to)...I think you have something here!