No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ah gotcha. Could be, yeah.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    mtm wrote: »
    No on the right hand side there's a lump in the distance which has gone. It's like a spot the difference game! :)

Curiously it looks like the icy patch where the swing was has just been cloned from the icy patch on the right hand side, which is a bit less impressive than their usual standard. Perhaps this altered image isn't from the film but the promo people have removed the swing because it might point to some spoilers about a child being involved.

It is exactly. I used to be good at those, but it took me a bit to figure out, what you meant. And I would have never spotted that they just cloned that part of the picture. But now that I know, it's really obvious.
    The blocky thing on the right side of the house now appears on the left! Maybe they took it out on the other side to make it a tiny bit less obvious that they just copied that entire part of the picture? They have also fudged around a tiny bit with the tree that is to the left of that. On the new left it appears as it was on the old right, but on the new right it is a tad smaller.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Erasing the swing makes sense. She is too old for a swing.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    How about a slide? :)
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited April 2021 Posts: 469
    mtm wrote: »
    No on the right hand side there's a lump in the distance which has gone. It's like a spot the difference game! :)

Curiously it looks like the icy patch where the swing was has just been cloned from the icy patch on the right hand side, which is a bit less impressive than their usual standard. Perhaps this altered image isn't from the film but the promo people have removed the swing because it might point to some spoilers about a child being involved.

It is exactly. I used to be good at those, but it took me a bit to figure out, what you meant. And I would have never spotted that they just cloned that part of the picture. But now that I know, it's really obvious.
    The blocky thing on the right side of the house now appears on the left! Maybe they took it out on the other side to make it a tiny bit less obvious that they just copied that entire part of the picture? They have also fudged around a tiny bit with the tree that is to the left of that. On the new left it appears as it was on the old right, but on the new right it is a tad smaller.

Not to mention it is pretty clear that the tree branches were hurriedly removed with a large brush blended w the background colors in Photoshop - NOT a proper professional VFX edit. Since the swing is the subject that is being covered up, it is very likely it's there to try and hide the fact that we will see a young Maddie in the PTS. It's ironic how in the act of trying to obscure, they've actually helped us *focus* on what's important.

A corresponding shot from the second trailer with guides on the shot placement (blue), Safin (red) and who we believe to be Young Madeleine (mint). The Bigfoot we see as shown by @talos7 is probably Safin.

unknown.png?width=1324&height=676

TripAces wrote: »
    Erasing the swing makes sense. She is too old for a swing.

Likely just scenery to indicate Madeleine has been living there.
    One more thing I've discovered from that shot, I think I've managed to place a scene that has stumped us previously.
    unknown.png

This scene happens within the main house.

unknown.png

unknown.png?width=1440&height=598

Initially, I had no idea of where this place could be. The roof shape was different from any of the buildings externally. But then I saw this picture, and realised that the background of the above scene with Safin shooting matched the beams and window edges of the above picture not to mention you can just somewhat make out the shape of the wood beams in front of Safin in the external pic of the house.

What do you think this could mean for this scene, though? Safin has not been injured, and appears to have commandeered the second floor of the entire premise. Not exactly super helpful, but at least one scene has finally been placed.

I think I have enough images to make a rough floorplan of the main house, coming up soon.

One more thing I've discovered from that shot, I think I've managed to place a scene that has stumped us previously.
    unknown.png

unknown.png

Initially, I had no idea of where this place could be. The roof shape was different from any of the buildings externally. But then I saw this picture, and realised that the background of the above scene with Safin shooting matched the beams and window edges of the above picture not to mention you can just somewhat make out the shape of the wood beams in front of Safin in the external pic of the house.

What do you think this could mean for this scene, though? Safin has not been injured, and appears to have commandeered the second floor of the entire premise. Not exactly super helpful, but at least one scene has finally been placed.

I think I have enough images to make a rough floorplan of the main house, coming up soon.
    I think you’re on to something there. Incredible detective work!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    unknown.png

unknown.png

If I had to take a guess - with it being a cabin, I'd say the upstairs floor could be a mezzanine of sorts. Safin is searching for Madeleine up above, to no avail, and he's firing at her as she attempts to flee through a downstairs door.....maybe?
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    My guess is
    The film opens with Safin approaching the cabin. He sneaks in and scopes the place, looking for Mr White, but finds Mrs White there and Madeline. A scuffle breaks out, Safin shoots Mrs White, Madeline grabs the gun under the sink, shoots Safin and runs out onto the frozen lake. Safin follows. As Maddie runs the ice cracks and she is dragged under. Safin looks for her and, when he finds her, considers letting her drown, before shooting out the ice and dragging her out. We then transition into Swann swimming (as an adult) as her and Bond travel to Matera.
    As promised, the floor plans of the Norway house from what has been shown so far in promotional material. Of course, this is all still pure deduction and guessing so it shouldn't be used as an absolute guide, only what I've managed to figure out so far :)

norway_floorplan4.png?width=925&height=676

For the Empire picture (Safin behind the corrugated glass), this is quite a bit of speculation. Since none of the doors on the outside of the building match up with the internal dimensions of the room (there is ample space either side of the door in the photo, while in every single door connecting the inside to the snowy outside of the building is always biased extremely left or right of a wall) and there is what appears to be some sort of compact wooden ladder in the foreground of the image on the left, I have deducted that this image shows some sort of internal door leading to the part of the cabin that we, as of yet, have not seen a single image of. We can also see that the door has a very tall gap at the bottom of it, indicating it is unlikely to be a door leading to the outside as no building in such arctic conditions would have unsealed doors, let alone one that has a bathroom stall door's allowance of space under it.

We can also see, to support this theory, a rectangle of light that seems to match the small, long window as seen on the side of the building corresponding to that angle:
    unknown.png
    unknown.png

Again, this is all pure speculation and deduction, but it was really fun to comb through the pictures once again during this sudden drop of new photos, and discover some new clues on that mysterious pre title sequence!

I hope come NTTD, we can finally confirm (or deny!) the plausibility of the above plans.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @phantomvices well done mate, great detective work.
    I'm still curious where they're going to place the gunbarell? I think it's likely to be after the Norway sequence then take us into Matera, but that would ruin the idea of the Madeline swimming transition surely.
    I doubt they'll put dates into the story like 1993 or something (which they used on Goldeneye) because it would highlight how much younger Madeline is than Bond?
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    @phantomvices well done mate, great detective work.
    I'm still curious where they're going to place the gunbarell? I think it's likely to be after the Norway sequence then take us into Matera, but that would ruin the idea of the Madeline swimming transition surely.
    I doubt they'll put dates into the story like 1993 or something (which they used on Goldeneye) because it would highlight how much younger Madeline is than Bond?
    Thank you! I really love to see people speculating over this stuff.

Also, in regards to the gun barrel:
    It's likely before, given the sinister transition of music after the gun barrel theme and the big long intro before the actual gun barrel theme that matches with the length of the Universal logo title.
    Again, this is all pure speculation and deduction, but it was really fun to comb through the pictures once again during this sudden drop of new photos, and discover some new clues on that mysterious pre title sequence!

I hope come NTTD, we can finally confirm (or deny!) the plausibility of the above plans.

Great detective work, bravo!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    This TV Spot was released during the Oscars night. Maybe we'll have another one later tonight?

This TV Spot was released during the Oscars night. Maybe we'll have another one later tonight?

Probably the same one, bar the date change.

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Dying for some new content.
    No Time to Die For New Content Twice Another Day
    Oh man, that spot made me all giddy for the film again. Can't wait for September and really hope it sticks this time.
    Oh man, that spot made me all giddy for the film again. Can't wait for September and really hope it sticks this time.

I'm not usually the most optimistic of people, but I'm fairly certain that it will.

I'm not usually the most optimistic of people, but I'm fairly certain that it will.

My feeling currently is that the US and UK look to be pretty settled at least on the vaccination side of things. So I assume the film will release at the current date. My problem is that my native Germany is slightly fucked at the moment and I struggle to believe our leaders' promises that everyone who wants to can get vaccinated by September. So I'm back to where I was about a year ago: Convinced the film will be released, slightly pessimistic whether I will get to (be confident enough to go) see it in a cinema on the international opening weekend..
  • Oh man, that spot made me all giddy for the film again. Can't wait for September and really hope it sticks this time.

My feeling currently is that the US and UK look to be pretty settled at least on the vaccination side of things. So I assume the film will release at the current date. My problem is that my native Germany is slightly fucked at the moment and I struggle to believe our leaders' promises that everyone who wants to can get vaccinated by September. So I'm back to where I was about a year ago: Convinced the film will be released, slightly pessimistic whether I will get to (be confident enough to go) see it in a cinema on the international opening weekend..

Yes, the EU ordering vaccines a whole 2 months after the UK and then refusing to give vaccinations after complaining about not getting enough probably hasn't helped Germany.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

Yes, the EU ordering vaccines a whole 2 months after the UK and then refusing to give vaccinations after complaining about not getting enough probably hasn't helped Germany.

and then suing the hand thats feeding them. They really must be playing 4d chess.
    I derailed the thread into Covid politics again, sorry.

A question for our US friends (or the people who follow these things): Was there any marketing for NTTD around the Oscars? Doesn't look like it, right?
  • I derailed the thread into Covid politics again, sorry.

A question for our US friends (or the people who follow these things): Was there any marketing for NTTD around the Oscars? Doesn't look like it, right?

If not do we take that as a bad omen, or that they're now being very conservative with their markerting costs?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I think they’re being cautious. They probably already spent millions on marketing.
    I would say they are being extremely cautious, so probably no new content until the podcasts come back.

For now, I think in terms of spoilers and new content, let's just keep digging and hope to find some more clues and hints :D
  • And spoil the film more for yourself so by the time the film actually comes out, you know or have guessed almost everything that happens in it, so most of the film isn't a surprise to you.
    Some people pushed for the film to be delayed in the first place last year and this is where it's gotten us (not so much me as I don't intentionally keep up with spoilers and rumours). I still think this July would have been a better time to come out and keep up some momentum that has been lost but oh well, this wait will continue to drag on. Never mind (shrugs shoulders emoji).
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Cary on set filming tv-series Masters of the Air, wearing NTTD hoodie or maybe it's a jacket

And spoil the film more for yourself so by the time the film actually comes out, you know or have guessed almost everything that happens in it, so most of the film isn't a surprise to you.
    Some people pushed for the film to be delayed in the first place last year and this is where it's gotten us (not so much me as I don't intentionally keep up with spoilers and rumours). I still think this July would have been a better time to come out and keep up some momentum that has been lost but oh well, this wait will continue to drag on. Never mind (shrugs shoulders emoji).

Eh, it doesn't bother me tbh, It's not something I see as a bad thing. Live and let live, as they say - it astonishes me the hostility of some people when it comes to someone talking about spoilers in their own little private circles - like just don't look!

It's satisfying when I do get a prediction right, but if I don't I'm just as surprised as everybody else watching, so either way I get to enjoy the film, spoiled or not :))
    Sooner or later, if not already, someone might include a scene in some film or show wherein a character considers eating something, declares that it was ruined by being spoiled, and then break the 4th wall and look at the camera with a sour expression and a shake of the head...