No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2021 Posts: 10,588
    He’s very good in Fukunaga’s Maniac on Netflix. He’s good at playing those guys that are funny but you also want to punch in the face.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    jake24 wrote: »
    He’s very good in Fukunaga’s Maniac on Netflix. He’s good at playing those guys that are funny but you also want to punch in the face.

Damn, I forgot he was in that. I loved that miniseries. He's great in that, as well - like you said, terrific at playing funny yet unlikable characters.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2021 Posts: 5,869
    jake24 wrote: »
    +1

Speaking of Fukunaga, I'm already up for him to usher in the new James Bond for Bond 26, with just what we've seen of No Time to Die so far. Just imagine what the guy could do with no narrative or character restraints.

I might be wrong seeing as we haven't seen the film, but personally, I just feel like Fukunaga seems to have created the best version of "classic James Bond in the modern-day", and not just in style, but that feeling you get when you're watching those classics. Skyfall has kinda held that title for me for a while, but No Time to Die really seems like it could take it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Denbigh wrote: »

I might be wrong seeing as we haven't seen the film, but personally, I just feel like Fukunaga seems to have created the best version of "classic James Bond in the modern-day", and not just in style, but that feeling you get when you're watching those classics. Skyfall has kinda held that title for me for a while, but No Time to Die really seems like it could take it.

I really hope so too, but I can't praise the film before I've seen it! :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    mtm wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »

I really hope so too, but I can't praise the film before I've seen it! :)
    I know what he means though. Knowing what is officially and unofficially known about the plot I think it has the potential to be a real game changer. That said, it could still end up polarizing in a lot of ways.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    If I'm honest I still don't think it looks wildly different from the last few films- I'm not quite seeing the big difference yet.
    I hope it is a cracker though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If I'm honest I still don't think it looks wildly different from the last few films- I'm not quite seeing the big difference yet.

I feel like that, in some ways. Some of it looks nice, other aspects just give me bad vibes of the last couple and I fear I need to continue keeping my expectations in check. Having said that, it's a very long movie, so I know they're holding a lot of great moments and action tidbits for the finished product. If it's fun and gritty and isn't akin to a SP clone, I should be happy enough.
    edited April 2021 Posts: 10,588
    I definitely get the same vibes from the trailers. For some reason they have been marketing this film almost exactly like the last 4. I’m certain we will be surprised by how much they left out of the trailers when we finally get to see it.
  • jabalijabali Los Angeles
    Would anyone happen to have the production photo/video Fukunaga shared on Instagram a long time ago of the V8 on an indoor set surrounded by the LED projection screens? Doing a presentation on that tech and I'd like to include that ;)
  • Junglist_1985Junglist_1985 Los Angeles
    For those worried about it being too similar to SF/SP, things we KNOW:

- Fukunaga considered CR the vastly superior Craig film
    - It has a beautiful, vibrant cinematographic color palette
    - Bond gets bruised and bloodied
    - Newman is NOT scoring the film

... these alone make me believe it’ll be a very different experience.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

Great post mate!
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

giphy.gif
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    New stills:

QwN6M6f.jpg
    w82pPK5.jpg
    PlqsLIp.jpg
    McyRID1.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The similarity of the first two photos is interesting; both suggest isolation.

Logan Ash is in the nightclub scene perhaps?
    Someone wrote: »

Logan Ash is in the nightclub scene perhaps?

Yep. Talking to Bond and Felix

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Ash looks like a 50s movie star in that shot.
    I always had this feeling that NTTD would’ve look and feel like the coolest Bond film since Young and I’m still pretty confident about that.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    It looks like Ash will be with Felix wherever he goes.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2021 Posts: 5,869
    I've always felt like Logan Ash might possibly be a (kind of) tribute to Jack Lord's original Felix Leiter...
    ...I say kind of due to the character's obvious villainy.
    Clean image (without JB's logos) if you wanna save

• edited April 2021 Posts: 12,837
    matt_u wrote: »
    Ash looks like a 50s movie star in that shot.
    I always had this feeling that NTTD would’ve look and feel like the coolest Bond film since Young and I’m still pretty confident about that.

I am loving the look of the film. It seems to have taken the timeless, 60s esque aesthetic of SF and SP, and merged it with the vibrant colour palette and reality (bruised, bloodied Bond) of CR and QoS.

I really do think this one is shaping up to be something special. It’s a shame we’ve had to wait so long, but I reckon it’ll be worth it.
    A VFX difference between the social media photo posted by EON and the 007 Store one : https://www.facebook.com/CommanderJamesBondFrance/posts/3951939771518302
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited April 2021 Posts: 469
    A VFX difference between the social media photo posted by EON and the 007 Store one : https://www.facebook.com/CommanderJamesBondFrance/posts/3951939771518302

unknown.png

unknown.png

From the appearance of the trees it would indicate the *swing* was erased and made way for that icy patch there, as well as on the other side of the house where some object has been erased - anyone have a clue as to what that could be?
    Or it was added, I mean we don't know what are the dates. (There is probably no meaning to find, just visual improvement).
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.

unknown.png

unknown.png

From the appearance of the trees it would indicate the *swing* was erased and made way for that icy patch there, as well as on the other side of the house where some object has been erased - anyone have a clue as to what that could be?

You mean the thing slighlty above the swingset? I think that's a wood chopping block, but that's just a guess.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2021 Posts: 14,945
    No on the right hand side there's a lump in the distance which has gone. It's like a spot the difference game! :)

Curiously it looks like the icy patch where the swing was has just been cloned from the icy patch on the right hand side, which is a bit less impressive than their usual standard. Perhaps this altered image isn't from the film but the promo people have removed the swing because it might point to some spoilers about a child being involved.
    Is there a person in that top shot, behind the swing?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think there's a slide, which might look like a person?
    Behind that, further back, between the swing set and the house. In the background
    YYJIYGF.jpg