No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited February 23 Posts: 2,824
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I've seen a few actors praise Cary's direction in interviews now. It's great to see and I'll be interested to see how it translates to screen.
    One of my big bugbears with Spectre was some of the line deliveries felt so rushed and forced, it's like they were done in one take
    I'm excited to see how the Jamaica scenes with Bond on his own play out, whether they'll have a relaxed vibe or a tense feeling to them

I was thinking the same thing about the Jamaica scenes.

Does Felix show up at his place? Hence the scene with Bond walking around the perimeter of his house with the long spear gun thing?

Does Nomi track Bond from the club back to his house?

Lots of possibilities of how it'll play out. I'm going to avoid all major spoilers, reviews, social media about a week prior to release.

@Last_Rat_Standing @mtm

And let's not forget Craig's injury while filming at the beach house. I wonder if that was a pure accident slipping on something in between takes or during the shoot, like filming a foot chase or a fight on the film set? If so we haven't seen any footage at all from that fight/chase/whatever.

Just a thought..
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    @Contraband yeah mate that's a good point, we haven't really seen anything of those scenes of Bond in the grey shirt in Jamaica, aside from the clip in the Jamaica teaser when he's walking past the window with the Speargun.
    I can't see us spending long in Jamaica unless some form of tension or action happen at Bond's home.
    Do we know that he's alone during those Jamaica scenes?
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Contraband wrote: »
    I've seen a few actors praise Cary's direction in interviews now. It's great to see and I'll be interested to see how it translates to screen.
    One of my big bugbears with Spectre was some of the line deliveries felt so rushed and forced, it's like they were done in one take
    I'm excited to see how the Jamaica scenes with Bond on his own play out, whether they'll have a relaxed vibe or a tense feeling to them

Does Felix show up at his place? Hence the scene with Bond walking around the perimeter of his house with the long spear gun thing?

Lots of possibilities of how it'll play out. I'm going to avoid all major spoilers, reviews, social media about a week prior to release.

@Last_Rat_Standing @mtm

And let's not forget Craig's injury while filming at the beach house. I wonder if that was a pure accident slipping on something in between takes or during the shoot, like filming a foot chase or a fight on the film set? If so we haven't seen any footage at all from that fight/chase/whatever.

Just a thought..

I believe I read that Craig slipped while running on wet floating docks.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    mtm wrote: »

Yes there are photos of him with the speargun and his pistol in a T-shirt, and then him in a collared shirt with the pistol, so it looks like people are breaking into his house constantly! :)

I always thought Bond receives a "message" at the house. Bond either sees or hears something, doesn't find anyone there but finds a note of some kind. He gets dressed, hops in the jeep and goes.

What is curious is this image:

Daniel-Craig-and-Lashana-Lynch.jpg

And September 30 is now officially the UK release date (Tom's at Digital Cinema Media and has been one of the primary public sources of UK release date updates)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    TripAces wrote: »

Yes there are photos of him with the speargun and his pistol in a T-shirt, and then him in a collared shirt with the pistol, so it looks like people are breaking into his house constantly! :)

I always thought Bond receives a "message" at the house. Bond either sees or hears something, doesn't find anyone there but finds a note of some kind. He gets dressed, hops in the jeep and goes.

Perhaps they shot day for night? That's Lashana's nightclub oufit, isn't it?
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    In the trailer there is the scene of Nomi sitting on a bed in this outfit. "The world's moved on Commander Bond." "I will put a bullet in your knee. The one that works." All that stuff.
  • MalloryMallory Are you ready to get back to work?
    antovolk wrote: »
    And September 30 is now officially the UK release date (Tom's at Digital Cinema Media and has been one of the primary public sources of UK release date updates)

Lets hope so. This is the first time since the initial April 2020 delay that I have some confidence it will actually happen.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I actually can't remember what the previous release date was...? Is that sooner?
    edited February 23 Posts: 1,316
    I actually can't remember what the previous release date was...? Is that sooner?

Originally Friday 8th October, so brought forward by 8 days.

With the new, sooner release date, lets hope they can finish the movie in time!
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 23 Posts: 7,703
    Cool, thanks.

Yes I was thinking the other day, that among other things, it's odd to think that there's been a Danny Kleinman Bond title sequence just sat there for nearly a year that we've never seen.
    I don't understand what the value of getting an English director would necessarily be.

Let us not forget that two of the most well-liked Bond films of all time were directed by a New Zealander.

Even in Bond's 1960s heyday, the star was a Scottish man reciting dialogue written by Americans.

I agree I've never understood the obsession with British directors. The Bond films still feel like US action movies, British movies have never been like that, look at the British spy films of the 1960s like The Ipcress File.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 23 Posts: 4,207

A plausible explanation, yes. But Nomi's hairstyle is different in the photo as opposed to the scene in the bedroom ("The one that works..."). And that bedroom scene could be early morning (dawn). Also, in the first trailer, Bond is barefoot (as in the picture) looking out into the bay, as if contemplating something. Who knows. It all keeps me guessing.

• edited February 24 Posts: 84

A plausible explanation, yes. But Nomi's hairstyle is different in the photo as opposed to the scene in the bedroom ("The one that works..."). And that bedroom scene could be early morning (dawn). Also, in the first trailer, Bond is barefoot (as in the picture) looking out into the bay, as if contemplating something. Who knows. It all keeps me guessing.

Might have been taken in the early evening before they started shooting.

My guess for the order of events is that Bond goes to meet Felix at the club, where he first sees Nomi, but assumes her to just be a woman out clubbing, Bond goes back to the house where he finds her waiting for him, she removes what I'm assuming is a wig and they have the conversation in the trailer where she reveals herself to be a double-0, then the shot of Bond in bare feet staring off into the distance is the next morning when he's contemplating/preparing to go off to Cuba.

Or not. Your guess is as good as mine.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

The interior of his house might even not have been on location totally.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside

My guess for the order of events is that Bond goes to meet Felix at the club, where he first sees Nomi, but assumes her to just be a woman out clubbing, Bond goes back to the house where he finds her waiting for him, she removes what I'm assuming is a wig and they have the conversation in the trailer where she reveals herself to be a double-0, then the shot of Bond in bare feet staring off into the distance is the next morning when he's contemplating/preparing to go off to Cuba.

Or not. Your guess is as good as mine.

That seems more than plausible. I'm interested to see how they pace those Jamaica scenes.
    I imagine it'll cut from Matera 2015 to 5 years later Bond in Jamaica alone relaxing, then he spots Felix, they have a drink, Felix asks him about Cuba, Bond is tailed by Nomi (trailer scene), Bond talks to M or Moneypenny on the phone (I met your new 00), then we see the grey shirt scene, Bond's home is infiltrated forcing him back into the game in Cuba to meet Paloma
    That's my guess, I mean I haven't seen the trailers in a while so it's not an informed guess
    I love that fact that this film should have come out almost a year ago, we've had the trailer almost 14 months and we're still playing the guessing game. Credit to the editors and creative people involved
    edited February 24 Posts: 6,416
    I had previously assumed that Bond spots Ash before he spots Felix, cops that Ash is CIA and the moment we saw in one of the featurettes where Bond cuts them off in the street with his jeep is the first time he and Felix see each other in the film. A cheeky "I caught you" moment.

It's likely from there that they arrange to meet at the club, later on.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Also, it seems more unbelievable by the day that only very few things leaked. It is probably around a year since the film was completely finished and I don't think we have seen all that much, we weren't supposed to see..
    The #235 call sheet was in June I think and since then? Nothing, right?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What about that leak that occurred on Reddit (or was it 4Chan)? If I recall, they had posted a lot about the plot of the film & the major twists. Unless it was fabricated.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    What about that leak that occurred on Reddit (or was it 4Chan)? If I recall, they had posted a lot about the plot of the film & the major twists. Unless it was fabricated.

Do you have a link for that?
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Do you have a link for that?

I don’t, unfortunately. I think it was removed a while ago.
    I remember something was posted here under the spoiler tag, but can't find it
    I remember something was posted here under the spoiler tag, but can't find it

If it has been forgotten, best to leave it that way 🙂
    The overall consensus was that it was probably exaggerated or made up, but given everything we know about the story it seemed pretty accurate to me. It revealed info. about Safin’s scheme, and Bond potentially having
    a daughter.
    Well, then let's keep it where it has been forgotten 😉
    I'm sure we'll survive even without those info
  • StarkStark France
    edited February 25 Posts: 114
    No Time to Die will appear on Paramount+ after the theatrical run.

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1364707691432579076?s=20
    That is news! Does anyone know whether Paramount+ will be available internationally by that stage?
  • Finally!! Great news!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's a big deal. Will also include titles such as Mission: Impossible 7 and A Quiet Place 2.