No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    TripAces wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I've seen a few actors praise Cary's direction in interviews now. It's great to see and I'll be interested to see how it translates to screen.
    One of my big bugbears with Spectre was some of the line deliveries felt so rushed and forced, it's like they were done in one take
    I'm excited to see how the Jamaica scenes with Bond on his own play out, whether they'll have a relaxed vibe or a tense feeling to them

I was thinking the same thing about the Jamaica scenes.

Does Felix show up at his place? Hence the scene with Bond walking around the perimeter of his house with the long spear gun thing?

Does Nomi track Bond from the club back to his house?

Lots of possibilities of how it'll play out. I'm going to avoid all major spoilers, reviews, social media about a week prior to release.

Yes there are photos of him with the speargun and his pistol in a T-shirt, and then him in a collared shirt with the pistol, so it looks like people are breaking into his house constantly! :)

I always thought Bond receives a "message" at the house. Bond either sees or hears something, doesn't find anyone there but finds a note of some kind. He gets dressed, hops in the jeep and goes.

What is curious is this image:

Daniel-Craig-and-Lashana-Lynch.jpg

Perhaps they shot day for night? That's Lashana's nightclub oufit, isn't it?

A plausible explanation, yes. But Nomi's hairstyle is different in the photo as opposed to the scene in the bedroom ("The one that works..."). And that bedroom scene could be early morning (dawn). Also, in the first trailer, Bond is barefoot (as in the picture) looking out into the bay, as if contemplating something. Who knows. It all keeps me guessing.

Might have been taken in the early evening before they started shooting.

My guess for the order of events is that Bond goes to meet Felix at the club, where he first sees Nomi, but assumes her to just be a woman out clubbing, Bond goes back to the house where he finds her waiting for him, she removes what I'm assuming is a wig and they have the conversation in the trailer where she reveals herself to be a double-0, then the shot of Bond in bare feet staring off into the distance is the next morning when he's contemplating/preparing to go off to Cuba.

Or not. Your guess is as good as mine.

That seems more than plausible. I'm interested to see how they pace those Jamaica scenes.
    I imagine it'll cut from Matera 2015 to 5 years later Bond in Jamaica alone relaxing, then he spots Felix, they have a drink, Felix asks him about Cuba, Bond is tailed by Nomi (trailer scene), Bond talks to M or Moneypenny on the phone (I met your new 00), then we see the grey shirt scene, Bond's home is infiltrated forcing him back into the game in Cuba to meet Paloma
    That's my guess, I mean I haven't seen the trailers in a while so it's not an informed guess
    I love that fact that this film should have come out almost a year ago, we've had the trailer almost 14 months and we're still playing the guessing game. Credit to the editors and creative people involved
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited February 2021 Posts: 8,009
    I had previously assumed that Bond spots Ash before he spots Felix, cops that Ash is CIA and the moment we saw in one of the featurettes where Bond cuts them off in the street with his jeep is the first time he and Felix see each other in the film. A cheeky "I caught you" moment.

It's likely from there that they arrange to meet at the club, later on.
  • ImpertinentGoonImpertinentGoon Everybody needs a hobby.
    Also, it seems more unbelievable by the day that only very few things leaked. It is probably around a year since the film was completely finished and I don't think we have seen all that much, we weren't supposed to see..
    The #235 call sheet was in June I think and since then? Nothing, right?
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What about that leak that occurred on Reddit (or was it 4Chan)? If I recall, they had posted a lot about the plot of the film & the major twists. Unless it was fabricated.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    What about that leak that occurred on Reddit (or was it 4Chan)? If I recall, they had posted a lot about the plot of the film & the major twists. Unless it was fabricated.

Do you have a link for that?
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

Do you have a link for that?

I don’t, unfortunately. I think it was removed a while ago.
    I remember something was posted here under the spoiler tag, but can't find it
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    I remember something was posted here under the spoiler tag, but can't find it

If it has been forgotten, best to leave it that way 🙂
    The overall consensus was that it was probably exaggerated or made up, but given everything we know about the story it seemed pretty accurate to me. It revealed info. about Safin’s scheme, and Bond potentially having
    a daughter.
    Well, then let's keep it where it has been forgotten 😉
    I'm sure we'll survive even without those info
  • StarkStark France
    edited February 2021 Posts: 177
    No Time to Die will appear on Paramount+ after the theatrical run.

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/1364707691432579076?s=20
    That is news! Does anyone know whether Paramount+ will be available internationally by that stage?
  • Finally!! Great news!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    That's a big deal. Will also include titles such as Mission: Impossible 7 and A Quiet Place 2.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    That is news! Does anyone know whether Paramount+ will be available internationally by that stage?

Plus will launch March 4 in the states. I would imagine they will also launch it in the UK and elsewhere by the fall
    Contraband wrote: »

Plus will launch March 4 in the states. I would imagine they will also launch it in the UK and elsewhere by the fall

Fingers crossed! :)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    30-45 days is nothing. Ironically enough after waiting so long for the damn thing in cinemas, at least bloody keep it in cinemas for a while.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 440
    I think we can count on that 30-45 day window turning out to be shockingly negotiable if a movie happens to be a success in theatres.

Paramount is basically sinking fast anyway, so this is their last ditch attempt to save the company before they have to accept the inevitable and sell to Universal/Apple/Amazon.

Actually, I'm not sure how this will line up with Universal's already pre-existing 30-day window contract given that they're distributing NTTD.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2021 Posts: 10,586
    Would the film’s theatrical run be limited to 30-45 days, or would it stay in theatres after it premieres on Paramount+?
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    jake24 wrote: »
    Would the film’s theatrical run be limited to 30-45 days, or would it stay in theatres after it premieres on Paramount+?

I think EON, Universal, MGM will milk it as long as possible. Trying to take some money back they'd lost in previous marketing, etc

So even if you have the option of streaming the damn thing for a fee they will con't to run it in theaters after those 30-45 days. The question is for how long..

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Paramount +? LOL.

I mean, after delaying the film for 1 year and a half they will put it on a streaming service no one will ever care or sign after just 45 days? That’s fine, anyway. The important thing is that now they seem super confident with a 2021 release and at this point I’d say there won’t be any further delay. The solid vaccination campaigns in UK and US are giving them a lot of confidence for a Fall release. Too bad the music is different in the EU, and from this perspective I’m quite worried bout NTTD’s box-office run.
    1. Where do the 30-45 days come from? I don't see that in any source regarding NTTD. Variety reports that Paramount will shorten the theatrical window for their own films to 30-45 days before pushing them to Paramount+ but that is different from their Epix deal, right?
    2. What is Epix? I gather it's a Pay-TV channel owned by MGM, but it also has an on-demand streaming option? In the Deadline piece that was linked above it says "Following their theatrical runs, MGM’s new movies will continue to be available first in an exclusive pay television window with Epix, before becoming available on both Paramount+ and Epix." To me that doesn't read like they will move to streaming any faster (depending on what exactly Epix offers), just that once they do, they will land on Paramount+, which will also have the entire Bond library, after spending some time at Epix.
    It will NOT be on Paramount+ after 45 days.

Other movies will, but not Bond.
    We’ll see.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Paramount titles appearing in the streaming service is one thing. NTTD however is not only an MGM title but there’s also EON and Universal that has to be considered. Not sure Comcast would be happy to see one of their big international titles make its way to their competitor’s streaming service.
    And all of this will become triple-interesting once Apple buys MGM...
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Lots of legal entanglements to get through hehe.
  • edited February 2021 Posts: 3,164
    Nope, to be clear, this does *not* affect NTTD in any substantial way.

The film will still release in cinemas with a theatrical window of some sort (which may be as short as 30/45 days, based on the current reports for UK theatrical windows post-COVID). That decision lies solely with MGM/Universal/EON. After that point the film will be released on home entertainment (VOD, Blu-ray, DVD) - the new window arrangement for the UK which I bet will be replicated in the US too by MGM means almost definitely in time for Christmas.

Then, a few months after that, in the US, the film (in the same arrangement as other MGM titles before) heads to Epix in what's known as the "Pay 1 window", the first pay TV or SVOD availability of the film. And only then this new announcement comes in, for all of MGM's films including NTTD, Creed II, Ridley Scott's Gucci and other titles, they'll go onto Paramount+ 90 days after *that*. Some Paramount movies will be available on Epix (remember that's owned by MGM) and Paramount+ simultaneously from day 1 of that 'pay 1 window'.

Only the titles released by Paramount itself - and most specifically Mission Impossible 7, Quiet Place 2 and Paw Patrol - will be on Paramount+ 30/45 days after the first *theatrical* release.
    edited February 2021 Posts: 4,343
    Do you guys think they’re making the right decision? I mean, releasing the film this year as planned? I mean, only from a box-office perspective obviously. I still have my doubts.