No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

19939949969989991213

Comments

  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium
    Posts: 524
    Whats to stop them from moving Bond 25 straight from April 2021 to early 2022?

    Maybe that's why they haven't announced a delay yet, they are still weighing up the options.

    It's not remotely ideal for Bond to drop straight on top of Mission Impossible 7, especially since they can wait just a couple more months and celebrate the 60th anniversary with the new movie. The marketing pratically writes itself.

    I think that's because of MGM. They still have a loan out, so each day that goes by, they're literally losing money. Something to keep in mind is that they were the ones that were pitching NTTD to streamers, so I'd say they want money as soon as possible. As all streamers were not willing to pay what MGM wanted, MGM probably wants the film out at the moment when cases are down and hard lockdowns over, but are not willing to postpone just for marketing. They need money fast. The faster they can pay off that loan, the better: if they want to get a sale going, it's best to try to pay off debts. If someone were to buy MGM with loans still open, it would decrease MGM's value.
    I think for EON it'd be a good idea to push for 2022, as they handle much of the marketing themselves (not the costs, but the substance). They seem in no real hurry to crack on with Bond 26 and casting a new actor, and I'm not sure if we'll see the return of big movie premieres by November 2021, something that EON loves to do.
    It's just that EON isn't the only company with shares in NTTD.
  • Posts: 1,255
    delfloria wrote: »
    I think that VR will also be a part of the new equation as we move forward with the future of entertainment. Right now you can pick up an Oculus Quest 2 for $300.00 which is a top of the line stand alone VR headset that doesn't even need a computer to run it. On the free app. Bigscreen you can already watch most of the Bond films in a simulated theater environment with other viewers on a Imax size screen. Having tried it myself it is pretty amazing to experience this at home. I would love to see NTTD presented this way as well as a limited special real theater release.

    I don't.

    And your reason is?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 9,099
    I quite like the sound of that VR thing, I might get one.
  • Posts: 121
    The UK is on track to vaccinate everyone by late June. No developed country is far behind. Me inheriting a billion dollars tomorrow is more likely than the movie being moved to 2022.
  • Maybe people's habits become more embedded and cinema doesn't offer the same allure it once did when normality returns. People were consuming media in a quickly changing way prior to Covid anyway. Maybe the death of blockbusters is on the horizon.
    There's a part of me that wonders if EoN are kicking themselves for dragging their heels and waiting for Craig to come back. We could have had Bond number 7 in Bond 25 around 2018/2019.

    Hear hear. I've said this before, but: clearly COVID isn't anyone's fault, and EON shouldn't reasonably be expected to anticipate a global pandemic. And yet . . . they did delay quite a lot, and it's hard to avoid the feeling that things could have been so different.

    I think the more interesting question to me is about the future of the blockbuster. I wonder if massive tentpoles that need to clear 1 billion dollars are going to go extinct. Perhaps the future looks something more like Netflix-style features. I'm thinking of The Old Guard and Atomic Blonde, with budgets of $70 and $30 million, respectively. Lots of fun, some good action, limited location work, CGI work and hand-to-hand/ gun fights over pricey practical setpieces, and some decent talent in front of the camera.

    It's more modest but still has its pleasures, and arguably allows for a narrower (or more 'adult') vision than the "all things to all men" model of Marvel, MI, F&F, and . . . Bond.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe Given the circumstances
    Posts: 7,331
    They won't drop Bond 25 in November knowing they can hold on just a few months, let the Covid situation improve, and have the added bonus of celebrating another big anniversary along with the film.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 2,592
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    The UK is on track to vaccinate everyone by late June. No developed country is far behind. Me inheriting a billion dollars tomorrow is more likely than the movie being moved to 2022.

    Looks like you've just won yourself a billion dollars then mate. Already there is talk of the new Brazil strain potentially being able to beat the vaccine. I could foresee this coming down the road, but not this early!

    No way on earth this movie is getting released this year. You heard it first from me folks, remember that. ;)

  • edited January 2021 Posts: 121
    Reply to a certain individual (not jetsetwilly) who dislikes Craig and probably wants NTTD to fail: can you please stop the trolling? We get that you want the movie to be delayed as much as possible. Guess what? It will be released this year.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 2,592
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    Reply to a certain individual (not jetsetwilly) who dislikes Craig and probably wants NTTD to fail: can you please stop the trolling? We get that you want the movie to be delayed as much as possible. Guess what? It will be released this year.

    I don't want NTTD to fail, I want to see this film ASAP, and I like Craig, so glad that wasn't aimed at me.

    But I hate to disappoint. This film won't get released this year, the way things have panned out the past 12 months. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I just cannot see it happening. It feels that we are still just at the beginning of this pandemic, not the end, and I predicted a new strain would soon pop up that the vaccine wouldn't be able to handle, sending the world into more lockdowns.

    With the scary news of the new Brazil strain, it could be happening much quicker than I thought... :(
  • Posts: 121
    A month ago media around the globe was scaring people with the Britsh variant, now they are scaring people with the Brazilian variant. It's no biggie. Also, your comment sounds like it was written by someone who doesn't know we not onyl have a vaccine now, we already have several vaccines. I am 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal for good by this June.
  • Posts: 2,592
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    A month ago media around the globe was scaring people with the Britsh variant, now they are scaring people with the Brazilian variant. It's no biggie. Also, your comment sounds like it was written by someone who doesn't know we not onyl have a vaccine now, we already have several vaccines. I am 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal for good by this June.

    I can't see it, but I really hope so. Let's revisit this post again in June. I have a horrible feeling I will be right and you will be wrong.

    My prediction - we are back open (just) the same way we were last June, but still in face masks and social distancing. Vaccines haven't been fully rolled out yet, and there has been a few major problems in getting them rolled out along the way.

    And by then a new more severe strain is now looming on the horizon, and all countries are back to the drawing board to fix a new vaccine, but trying to keep businesses open like they did last summer, in preparation for the new strain. And by winter all governments are preparing for the next wave, and the next big lockdown. We will be in the same position this time next year, mark my words.
  • Posts: 151
    Someone wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    I have a question: Scene 155, going by the clapperboard, with Craig, Fiennes, Kinnear meeting in Hammersmith, chatting away. What's that in terms of minutes into the movie?

    We know the final scene is 253 and the movie runs for 2h 43mins so that 163 minutes, multiply by 60 for seconds and divide that by 253 scenes and its an average of 38.6 seconds per scene. So, 155 scenes is about the 1h 40mins mark.

    Where is the clapperboard photo? Like to add it to my current storyboard.

    https://postlmg.cc/p9GT3fzn

    That's from AJB. What other clapperboards do you have?

    I know of;

    15K Hakadal, Norway
    16 Arrival in Matera
    37C Bond fights Dali after knocking Dali off the motorbike
    45E Aston Martin DB-5 leaves hotel
    48H Matera chase
    54B Matera chase
    69C Bond’s yacht
    78 Port Antonio, Jamaica?
    108H Havana
    109 Havana
    139A Bond pulls up to Whitehall in the Vantage
    152 London HorseGuards Brigade
    155 London: Bond, M, Tanner on the riverfront
    156 Bond with Vantage in London
    187D SUV chase prior to foggy forest
    194K SUV chase prior to foggy forest
    203A foggy forest with Safin
    211D Bond and Nomi in the glider-sub onboard the C-17
    243F Rocky beach.
    253 Final scene
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Posts: 1,755
    Is anyone here able to steer me to the link where those various water marked photos were posted? Lots of BTS photos. They were posted ages ago it seems.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 129
    What currently bothers me, and this is all COVID-related here in the UK, is that 2 of my local cinemas - one is an Odeon and the other a Showcase, have announced they're remaining permanently shut.

    The Showcase in question is a large 16 screen multiplex and they're planning to bulldoze it and redevelop the land - which is really sad.

    This situation is likely being replicated all over the globe and at this point, the sheer number of cinemas globally must be in a serious state of contraction. Surely, some sort of blended option of a stream and cinematic release might now actually be the only route to make back the expected level of profit/recoup of expenses?

    I plan to see it on the big screen but I'd also pay £50 for a home view option. I agree with the others - that despite a rapid ramping up of vaccination, I can't see us safely reopening mass gathering events like theatres and cinemas in 2021 - and you've got to think that distributors want it easy, at this point they'd need a country by country strategy. Though I really hope to be proved wrong - I think we'll be in 2022 by the time this film hits cinemas.
  • Posts: 25
    Univex wrote: »
    Let the mayhem begin!
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Maybe people's habits become more embedded and cinema doesn't offer the same allure it once did when normality returns. People were consuming media in a quickly changing way prior to Covid anyway. Maybe the death of blockbusters is on the horizon.
    There's a part of me that wonders if EoN are kicking themselves for dragging their heels and waiting for Craig to come back. We could have had Bond number 7 in Bond 25 around 2018/2019.

    I actually like going to the movies. I like the huge screen and the wonderful sound system. I also find that sitting in the dark I am forced to sit and concentrate. As opposed to sitting at home where I am tempted to get up or pick up my phone during a 'boring' bits. I actually remember specifically making it a point to see the Korean film Parasite in theatres (not my favourite genre) because I knew that if I just waited and borrowed the DVD from the library. It would take me days to get through.

    That being said, I do love streaming, and have found some real gems on Netflix, foreign tv series that I would not have seen otherwise. Also there is the fact that there is longer amount of time to tell a story.

    I find too many Hollywood films to be boring and lacking substance. As Matt Damon said, Hollywood films are made for 15 year old boys who will watch a film repeatedly and only care about cheap spectacle.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Posts: 469
    Contraband wrote: »
    Someone wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    I have a question: Scene 155, going by the clapperboard, with Craig, Fiennes, Kinnear meeting in Hammersmith, chatting away. What's that in terms of minutes into the movie?

    We know the final scene is 253 and the movie runs for 2h 43mins so that 163 minutes, multiply by 60 for seconds and divide that by 253 scenes and its an average of 38.6 seconds per scene. So, 155 scenes is about the 1h 40mins mark.

    Where is the clapperboard photo? Like to add it to my current storyboard.

    @phantomvices If you mean clapper with scene 155, it's in the clapperboard thread.

    Can you link me to the thread? Sorry for being a bother but I don't know where the clapperboard thread is.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Posts: 11,867
    Contraband wrote: »
    Someone wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    I have a question: Scene 155, going by the clapperboard, with Craig, Fiennes, Kinnear meeting in Hammersmith, chatting away. What's that in terms of minutes into the movie?

    We know the final scene is 253 and the movie runs for 2h 43mins so that 163 minutes, multiply by 60 for seconds and divide that by 253 scenes and its an average of 38.6 seconds per scene. So, 155 scenes is about the 1h 40mins mark.

    Where is the clapperboard photo? Like to add it to my current storyboard.

    @phantomvices If you mean clapper with scene 155, it's in the clapperboard thread.

    Can you link me to the thread? Sorry for being a bother but I don't know where the clapperboard thread is.

    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19146/nttd-the-clapperboard-thread#latest
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    Posts: 469
    QBranch wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Someone wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    I have a question: Scene 155, going by the clapperboard, with Craig, Fiennes, Kinnear meeting in Hammersmith, chatting away. What's that in terms of minutes into the movie?

    We know the final scene is 253 and the movie runs for 2h 43mins so that 163 minutes, multiply by 60 for seconds and divide that by 253 scenes and its an average of 38.6 seconds per scene. So, 155 scenes is about the 1h 40mins mark.

    Where is the clapperboard photo? Like to add it to my current storyboard.

    @phantomvices If you mean clapper with scene 155, it's in the clapperboard thread.

    Can you link me to the thread? Sorry for being a bother but I don't know where the clapperboard thread is.

    https://www.mi6community.com/discussion/19146/nttd-the-clapperboard-thread#latest

    Thank you! A few new ones to add to my sequence...
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 488
    "One thousand pages and counting..."
    (Sorry, I had to. 😉 )
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Posts: 35,387
    It should get through another few hundred, at least.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Posts: 13,384
    The big question is When will it be " Produced " ? ;)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Posts: 10,569
    The previous production diary thread had over 2000, I believe.
  • Posts: 1,255
    mtm wrote: »
    I quite like the sound of that VR thing, I might get one.

    If you do look into a getting an Oculus Quest be aware that it does require a Facebook account. Also, check out the escape room game "I Expect You To Die" which is a secret agent game very much in the vein of Bond and even has a Binder like credit sequence that is a blast. In addition you can play youtube content up a huge screen as well. It's amazing to see the NTTD trailers and Bond documenteries up on the bid screen.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts: 5,563
    delfloria wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I quite like the sound of that VR thing, I might get one.

    If you do look into a getting an Oculus Quest be aware that it does require a Facebook account. Also, check out the escape room game "I Expect You To Die" which is a secret agent game very much in the vein of Bond and even has a Binder like credit sequence that is a blast. In addition you can play youtube content up a huge screen as well. It's amazing to see the NTTD trailers and Bond documenteries up on the bid screen.

    The emulation of big screen experiences in VR is interesting for sure.
  • edited January 2021 Posts: 1,256
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    A month ago media around the globe was scaring people with the Britsh variant, now they are scaring people with the Brazilian variant. It's no biggie. Also, your comment sounds like it was written by someone who doesn't know we not onyl have a vaccine now, we already have several vaccines. I am 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal for good by this June.

    Anyone who is 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal in June this year is kidding themselves

    The vaccine is in no way a magic bullet. This isn’t going to be like the end of the second world war where there is a victory day.

    According to the govt nhs website there are 35 million people in front of me and I am not even due to get the vaccine till mid summer. We’re looking at at least another year maybe 18 months with some level of care / distancing/ measures in place before things even begin to go back to pre Covid.

    Anyone thinking April is happening is wrong. Anyone who thinks November - more difficult to say but personally I think if it is released it will lose big money.
  • Posts: 1,256
    delfloria wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    I quite like the sound of that VR thing, I might get one.

    If you do look into a getting an Oculus Quest be aware that it does require a Facebook account. Also, check out the escape room game "I Expect You To Die" which is a secret agent game very much in the vein of Bond and even has a Binder like credit sequence that is a blast. In addition you can play youtube content up a huge screen as well. It's amazing to see the NTTD trailers and Bond documenteries up on the bid screen.

    I bought a quest as a bit of an escape. Some aspects of it are really good. It’s immersive and impressive. I haven’t used it for a while but yes I would say it’s worth it.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Posts: 13,384
    I Joined MI6 back in November 2014, so If it gets a showing in November 2021
    I'll take it as an anniversary gift ;) My 007th
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Posts: 4,364
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    A month ago media around the globe was scaring people with the Britsh variant, now they are scaring people with the Brazilian variant. It's no biggie. Also, your comment sounds like it was written by someone who doesn't know we not onyl have a vaccine now, we already have several vaccines. I am 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal for good by this June.

    Anyone who is 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal in June this year is kidding themselves

    The vaccine is in no way a magic bullet. This isn’t going to be like the end of the second world war where there is a victory day.

    According to the govt nhs website there are 35 million people in front of me and I am not even due to get the vaccine till mid summer. We’re looking at at least another year maybe 18 months with some level of care / distancing/ measures in place before things even begin to go back to pre Covid.

    Anyone thinking April is happening is wrong. Anyone who thinks November - more difficult to say but personally I think if it is released it will lose big money.

    I can't speak for Europe, but the rollout of the vaccine has been frustratingly slow here in the U.S. But we are starting to see some movement. Mass immunization centers are now being set up. I now know more and more people (not health workers) who have received it.

    I am not 100% confident that everything will be "normal," but normalcy is a matter of degree, and I do think that some normalcy will return by late spring.
  • Posts: 2,592
    TripAces wrote: »
    Matt007 wrote: »
    Mr_Beach wrote: »
    A month ago media around the globe was scaring people with the Britsh variant, now they are scaring people with the Brazilian variant. It's no biggie. Also, your comment sounds like it was written by someone who doesn't know we not onyl have a vaccine now, we already have several vaccines. I am 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal for good by this June.

    Anyone who is 100% confident that life in Europe will be back to normal in June this year is kidding themselves

    The vaccine is in no way a magic bullet. This isn’t going to be like the end of the second world war where there is a victory day.

    According to the govt nhs website there are 35 million people in front of me and I am not even due to get the vaccine till mid summer. We’re looking at at least another year maybe 18 months with some level of care / distancing/ measures in place before things even begin to go back to pre Covid.

    Anyone thinking April is happening is wrong. Anyone who thinks November - more difficult to say but personally I think if it is released it will lose big money.

    I can't speak for Europe, but the rollout of the vaccine has been frustratingly slow here in the U.S. But we are starting to see some movement. Mass immunization centers are now being set up. I now know more and more people (not health workers) who have received it.

    I am not 100% confident that everything will be "normal," but normalcy is a matter of degree, and I do think that some normalcy will return by late spring.

    We will have an ease on restrictions going into summer, when the virus seems to lose its power, going by what happened last year, but this won't be life as normal as we once remembered it.

    The jab roll out means we are stuck with this for at least a year, as everyone vaccinated needs 2 jabs, and in the UK there is a 12 weeks wait between the first and second jab.

    My wife just had her first one a couple of days ago as she's a dentist.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Posts: 9,099
    My wife just had her first one a couple of days ago as she's a dentist.

    That's good news, must be a relief to know it's started for her.
Sign In or Register to comment.