No Time to Die production thread (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,056
    Billie Eilish, Finneas, Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr on How They Crafted the ‘No Time To Die’ Theme
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/billie-eilish-finneas-no-time-die-1234865243/

For those who missed today's panel.

Hans confirms that NTTD will be heard throughout the film, not just the title sequence.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It wasn’t as if Zimmer didn’t get to keep playing with the song even after Eilish’s recording was complete, as he incorporated it into the still publicly unheard score. “The song isn’t just tagged onto the beginning,” the composer said. “It runs throughout the movie. as part of the storytelling — the way it’s supposed to be. I hate it when they just tag a song on and then it just feels redundant.”

Love hearing this. The music used in the song is really good. Zimmer will make it sound even more epic throughout the movie.
  • Red_Snow wrote: »
    Billie Eilish, Finneas, Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr on How They Crafted the ‘No Time To Die’ Theme
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/billie-eilish-finneas-no-time-die-1234865243/

For those who missed today's panel.

Hans confirms that NTTD will be heard throughout the film, not just the title sequence.

Interesting, I wonder if it'll be the regular instrumental or a different arrangement. I can already hear the opening piano bars playing as
    Bond potentially meets his daughter for the first time...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I want to hear the music that plays after the chorus as Bond storms Safin's bunker. Incredible.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 173
    It would be great. No snippets so far apart from the gunbarrel?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It would be great. No snippets so far apart from the gunbarrel?

A couple of bits in the podcast which seemed like they must have come from NTTD.
  • GosseDrentGosseDrent Utrecht, the Netherlands
    News about Nomi I wrote last week. Quite interesting I think (its in Dutch) https://jamesbond.nl/is-nomi-echt-007/
    Good to hear that the title theme is woven throughout the rest of the score.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    GosseDrent wrote: »
    News about Nomi I wrote last week. Quite interesting I think (its in Dutch) https://jamesbond.nl/is-nomi-echt-007/

I like Nomi.......... :)>-
    Nomi-designstyle-lager-m.png
    I hate to say it but NTTD will not do as good at the box office then SF & SP. A lot of movie theaters have closed down here in the USA since covid.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GosseDrent wrote: »

Weird, isn't it? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. There is pretty strong evidence for her being 007 in that the official foreign language trailers for the film had Bond refer to her as that, but I guess that is the only proof of it so far.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think i prefer Bond over TMFU.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Berlin Film Festival Set to Go Virtual for 71st Edition
    https://variety.com/2020/film/global/berlinale-berlin-film-festival-virtual-postpones-1234851570/

"An April edition would have clashed with the release of “No Time to Die,” and Variety understands that local movie theatre owners were reluctant to allow the festival to book screens they’d like to devote to the highly anticipated James Bond film."
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 1,103
    MSL49 wrote: »

A lot of people do, especially on a Bond website.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2020 Posts: 4,022
    delfloria wrote: »

Let's take a poll; of MI6Community members, which is the most popular espionage film franchise? ;)

Unless it ends up like Brexit where we take a vote to prove a point, and f***ing Mission Impossible or something wins.
    The most popular overall ? Or these days ? The recent Bond films have been extremely successful, financially, so, even though MI films have been very successful financially, it seems Bond films have been more popular recently ? As for over a longer period of time, Bond films would seem to win out by virtue of longevity, if nothing else. I give credit to the folks who have been involved with the two Kingsmen films -- very entertaining and funny -- and the MI films. I found the second one a letdown, duller than the first and those which came after it, but -- and especially lately -- they've gotten better and better. Still - the Bond films still bring it all. Some of use carp about the tone, the amount of humor, the "twists" ("Brofeld"), and more, but we are big ol' fans and tend to gripe over things which seem not to bother broader audiences, and even among us there are disagreements as to whether some particular thing was worthy, or not. Again -- among broader audiences, Bond seems to keep the top spot. This was not always so, but the Bond films have ridden high lately.
    delfloria wrote: »

Let's take a poll; of MI6Community members, which is the most popular espionage film franchise? ;)

Unless it ends up like Brexit where we take a vote to prove a point, and f***ing Mission Impossible or something wins.

Good idea but i don't think this is the thread for it.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I was joking
    Doh ! (palm slapping forehead) Curses ! Foiled again !
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    Yum
    EpiamwQXcAQcbkn?format=jpg&name=large
    EpiaovhXcAUPggD?format=jpg&name=medium
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    April is slowly getting closer and I'm just imagining how we'll cautiously keep our excitement in check, if EON resumes marketing in the next couple of months.
  • fadetoblack7fadetoblack7 Chicago IL
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    April is slowly getting closer and I'm just imagining how we'll cautiously keep our excitement in check, if EON resumes marketing in the next couple of months.
    I’ve been wondering that myself. I’m not going to let myself get excited until probably a week or two before release.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Nigeria
    I’ve been wondering that myself. I’m not going to let myself get excited until probably a week or two before release.

Yeah. That's the wise thing to do. To keep the mind healthy.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

I'm going to keep an eye on New York and L.A. Right now, both cities are in shutdown, as we (the U.S.) have utterly failed to deal with this virus. Vaccines are being administered. I will be interested to see how the this rolls out. I am cautiously optimistic that with key sectors of the country vaccinated, we'll see some loosening of restrictions.

giphy.gif
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe "I need a year off" Craig
    edited December 2020 Posts: 7,293
    They probably won't release in April because, as the media reported, demographically Bond has an older skewing audience, so even if Cinemas are officially open again - at capacity - people in the over 50 category will still refuse to go.

I guess when you only make non stop references to 50 year old movies, it tends to attract the people who grew up with the source (i imagine many younger viewers are left nonplussed by some of the "wink" moments in the last few entries).

I think November could be the starting point for people beginning to feel safe again in groups around others. But that does not spell good news for EON as it costs them millions just to withhold the movie for months on end (even though it's technically finished).
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    They probably won't release in April because, as the media reported, demographically Bond has an older skewing audience, so even if Cinemas are officially open again - at capacity - people in the over 50 category will still refuse to go.

I guess when you only make non stop references to 50 year old movies, it tends to attract the people who grew up with the source (i imagine many younger viewers are left nonplussed by some of the "wink" moments in the last few entries).

I think November could be the starting point for people beginning to feel safe again in groups around others. But that does not spell good news for EON as it costs them millions just to withhold the movie for months on end (even though it's technically finished).
    Older people are getting vaccinated first.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    jake24 wrote: »

So you're first in line then?

:)) :))
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe "I need a year off" Craig
    jake24 wrote: »

Except some sources claim vaccination does not "prevent" transmission...

And even so, 3 months is still not long, but perhaps you're correct...

They have to learn, that theatres are the least risky places concerning corona.
    I know: there are people who think "Many people in a room without windows = bad" - but that's not the case. Those rooms are the best ventilated there are.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Interview with Malek in dutch magazine JFK For Men, out now.