No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think i prefer Bond over MI.
    peter wrote: »
    TC had no right to berate his entire crew. Most on set are abiding adults.
    The others should have been professionally dismissed from their employment.
    Also, Tom somehow and always comes back to Tom. How’d he make it about himself? He’s up all night! On the phone with producers!! They are the gold standard!!! This is what I sleep with (or whatever he said).

He sounded like any other short, very short, tyrant.
    Worst take ever. Tom was 100% correct.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 2,010
    MSL49 wrote: »

I would hope so, this is a James Bond forum after all :))

Mr_Beach wrote: »
    Also, Tom somehow and always comes back to Tom. How’d he make it about himself? He’s up all night! On the phone with producers!! They are the gold standard!!! This is what I sleep with (or whatever he said).

Agreed, even as somebody who doesn’t like him, he’s 100% spot on
  • When he said 'am I clear?' someone should have replied with 'crystal'!

Well played sir.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited December 2020 Posts: 8,255
    The sentiment was bang on @Mr_Beach but swearing and cursing out a crew of adults, most of which are Covid-abiding and hard working individuals was off side. I hope they complain to their union.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Is this from Spectre?

• Contraband wrote: »
    Is this from Spectre?

No that’s Skyfall. The scene after he jumps onto the train in pursuit of Silva.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is this from Spectre?

Great. Thanks man. I knew I would get a fast response from a Bond nerd. :))

• Contraband wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Is this from Spectre?

Great. Thanks man. I knew I would get a fast response from a Bond nerd. :))

Anytime!!! Just doing my thing :)) :)) :))
    As for the villain's plot in NTTD and all the speculation and deduction, I am reminded of a bald-headed fellow devising his next villainous plan, always available to the Bond producers and used often: Why don't we just steal some nuclear warheads and hold them ransom for one billion kajillion shmillion wazakazillion...dollars ?
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Mr_Beach wrote: »

No, children's needs to be scolded not adults, if adults can't take their responsibility seriously then they should be dismissed, not shouted at.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The sentiment was bang on @Mr_Beach but swearing and cursing out a crew of adults, most of which are Covid-abiding and hard working individuals was off side. I hope they complain to their union.

There are proper ways to speak to people and there are wrong ways and Mr Cruise displayed the wrong ways.

His sentiments are correct but not the way he went about it. Certainly doesn't change my opinion of the man.

I initially thought my Tom Cruise has gone and done something I approve of for once and can support.

Then you listen to his temper tantrum way of doing it and sorry it doesn't go in his favour for persuading me he is nothing but a ego driven maniac.

Anyone did this kind of thing they wouldn't get my support, if Craig was reported to have done this, I certainly wouldn't be defending him if he did it like this this.

Though Craig has more professionalism than that.

I prefer The Man from U.N.C.L.E. over Bond but that doesn't mean I'm not a big 007 fan.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looking forward to tomorrows discussion about the music. So far I'm not a fan of the gun barrel they released because it does not use the main guitar theme.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited December 2020 Posts: 2,494
    Billie Eilish, Finneas, Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr on How They Crafted the ‘No Time To Die’ Theme
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/billie-eilish-finneas-no-time-die-1234865243/

For those who missed today's panel.

Hans confirms that NTTD will be heard throughout the film, not just the title sequence.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    It wasn’t as if Zimmer didn’t get to keep playing with the song even after Eilish’s recording was complete, as he incorporated it into the still publicly unheard score. “The song isn’t just tagged onto the beginning,” the composer said. “It runs throughout the movie. as part of the storytelling — the way it’s supposed to be. I hate it when they just tag a song on and then it just feels redundant.”

Love hearing this. The music used in the song is really good. Zimmer will make it sound even more epic throughout the movie.
  • Red_Snow wrote: »
    Billie Eilish, Finneas, Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr on How They Crafted the ‘No Time To Die’ Theme
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/billie-eilish-finneas-no-time-die-1234865243/

For those who missed today's panel.

Hans confirms that NTTD will be heard throughout the film, not just the title sequence.

Interesting, I wonder if it'll be the regular instrumental or a different arrangement. I can already hear the opening piano bars playing as
    Bond potentially meets his daughter for the first time...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I want to hear the music that plays after the chorus as Bond storms Safin's bunker. Incredible.
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 313
    It would be great. No snippets so far apart from the gunbarrel?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It would be great. No snippets so far apart from the gunbarrel?

A couple of bits in the podcast which seemed like they must have come from NTTD.
  • GosseDrentGosseDrent Utrecht, the Netherlands
    News about Nomi I wrote last week. Quite interesting I think (its in Dutch) https://jamesbond.nl/is-nomi-echt-007/
    Good to hear that the title theme is woven throughout the rest of the score.
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    GosseDrent wrote: »
    News about Nomi I wrote last week. Quite interesting I think (its in Dutch) https://jamesbond.nl/is-nomi-echt-007/

I like Nomi.......... :)>-
    Nomi-designstyle-lager-m.png
    I hate to say it but NTTD will not do as good at the box office then SF & SP. A lot of movie theaters have closed down here in the USA since covid.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    GosseDrent wrote: »

Weird, isn't it? It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. There is pretty strong evidence for her being 007 in that the official foreign language trailers for the film had Bond refer to her as that, but I guess that is the only proof of it so far.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    I think i prefer Bond over TMFU.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Berlin Film Festival Set to Go Virtual for 71st Edition
    https://variety.com/2020/film/global/berlinale-berlin-film-festival-virtual-postpones-1234851570/

"An April edition would have clashed with the release of “No Time to Die,” and Variety understands that local movie theatre owners were reluctant to allow the festival to book screens they’d like to devote to the highly anticipated James Bond film."
  • edited December 2020 Posts: 1,693

A lot of people do, especially on a Bond website.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited December 2020 Posts: 7,518
    delfloria wrote: »

A lot of people do, especially on a Bond website.

Let's take a poll; of MI6Community members, which is the most popular espionage film franchise? ;)

Unless it ends up like Brexit where we take a vote to prove a point, and f***ing Mission Impossible or something wins.