The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    91dvMJAIA8L._RI_.jpg
    HD Download
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    914VZ+70qcL._RI_.jpg
  • The-Brides-of-Dracula-Blu-ray.jpg?resize=800%2C1115&ssl=

THE BRIDES OF DRACULA (1960) - Shout Factory Collector's Edition Blu-ray.
    91HHLHgao7L._RI_.jpg
    This movie is great fun, was at bargain price.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,437
    Tv Series: The first 7 seasons of Bewitched: Season 1-4 each season are digipack with Dutch episode guide too, Season 5, 6 and 7 each season be a 4 disc boxset with sleeve. € 18,50 (5x € 2,50 for Season 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 and 2x € 3,00 for Season 2 and 4). Only need Season 8.

The UK 36 (or 35 disc not include the movie) disc slimcase boxset with all 8 seasons and a bonus disc as 35th disc not get Dutch release in The Netherlands. The 35 disc set that is or have been avaible in The Netherlands is a digipack Spindelplace holder boxset release (like American release). What i bought or waiting till i have the luck to have found UK boxset whas the only option. Extra's on bonus disc is minimal.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2020 Posts: 4,437
    Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl (2003) - The Lost Disc. € 1,00
    It be second keepcase with the lost disc only that release in 2005 in 2 keepboxset with 2 disc SE of the movie.

IMG-20201124-154849.jpg

Include with French or Dutch subs: Becoming Captain Jack (7:20) Becoming Barbossa (5:31) Thar She Blows! (6:18) Fly On The Set: The Dock (3:14) Fly On The Set: The Tavern (6:26) Fly On The Set: The Plank (4:50) The Monkey's Name Is Jack (4:35) Sneak Attack Animatic (4:16) Pirates Around The World (4:11) Spirit Of The Ride (7:11) Dead Men Tell No Tales: Behind Scenes of Walt Disney's Pirates Of The Caribbean theme park attraction (13:56) Easter Egg: Pirates Radio Spot (1:03)
    product_2374.jpg
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    product_2374.jpg

Great movie! Love the opening with the cat!
    Elliot Gould is a always worth watching!
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    product_2374.jpg

Great movie! Love the opening with the cat!
    Elliot Gould is a always worth watching!

The cat scene is great! Just watched this for the first time in years. It was fun!
  • DwayneDwayne New York City
    I took advantage of the annual Barnes & Noble discount on Criterion DVDs/Blu-Rays to pick up “War of the Worlds” (1953), “Kiss Me Deadly” (1955) and “Elevator to the Gallows” (1958).
    Dwayne wrote: »
    I took advantage of the annual Barnes & Noble discount on Criterion DVDs/Blu-Rays to pick up “War of the Worlds” (1953), “Kiss Me Deadly” (1955) and “Elevator to the Gallows” (1958).

The first two films are brilliant, I recently rewatched Kiss Me Deadly a classic in its genre, ahead of its time in many ways.
    I just got a back up copy of KISS ME DEADLY as well. One of my favorite Mike Hammer films.
    The Fabulous Films blu ray reissue of Who Dares Wins starring the late Lewis Collins. DO NOT buy this reissue. I was amazed to find this is a butchered TV version with some horrendously obvious cuts. Avoid.
    cooperman2 wrote: »
    The Fabulous Films blu ray reissue of Who Dares Wins starring the late Lewis Collins. DO NOT buy this reissue. I was amazed to find this is a butchered TV version with some horrendously obvious cuts. Avoid.

I nearly did! Then i read the reviews!
    You need to order the bluray from Arrow to get the proper one!
    I just got a back up copy of KISS ME DEADLY as well. One of my favorite Mike Hammer films.

I was introduced to Kiss Me Deadly many years ago by Moviedrome you may enjoy this intro to the feature film.

I was introduced to Kiss Me Deadly many years ago by Moviedrome you may enjoy this intro to the feature film.

Great intro!
    Been looking at the Arrow release @Mathis1 it seems to be uncut. Will be getting it when I can. Unfortunately for me I got the FF films one before I read any reviews. My mistake on that one
    81xq2o5MqtL._SL1500_.jpg
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    Clips from Terminator movies.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    MSL49 wrote: »

You bought clips?
  • MSL49 wrote: »

You bought clips?

The kind that fit a phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

Aw, really miss 'Moviedrome', great movies with great intros by Alex Cox!
  • WillyGalore_ReduxWillyGalore_Redux I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my homosexuals flaaaaaaming
    RoboCop (Dir. Paul Verhoeven 1987).

One my absolute favourite Sci Fi films.

This fan made trailer is terrific.

Aw, really miss 'Moviedrome', great movies with great intros by Alex Cox!

Absolutely the intro's really got you into the film, I was introduced to many films that otherwise I may never have discovered. The show was never the same when Alex Cox stopped hosting.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    81izNi4OtCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    B0001EYT2A.jpg
    edited December 2020 Posts: 23,267
    B0001EYT2A.jpg

Two great films I have both on Bluray. Still waiting for a Dredd sequel though I recall reading the possibility of a TV series with Karl Urban.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    B0001EYT2A.jpg

Two great films I have both on Bluray. Still waiting for a Dredd sequel though I recall reading the possibility of a TV series with Karl Urban.

I have the Stallone Dredd, so I am curious to see how they compare. Also, and I know I have said this before, but we just don't see Diane Lane in a enough films anymore.

As for TGTBATU, my dad used to speak highly of it, and I think I might already have seen the ending. If so, i'm interested to see the events leading up to the climax.
    B0001EYT2A.jpg

I have the Stallone Dredd, so I am curious to see how they compare. Also, and I know I have said this before, but we just don't see Diane Lane in a enough films anymore.

As for TGTBATU, my dad used to speak highly of it, and I think I might already have seen the ending. If so, i'm interested to see the events leading up to the climax.

The Stallone film is dreadful!
    The Karl Urban movie is much closer to the comic.
    Well worth seeing!
    Cant believe you havent seen, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly! Absolute classic!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    B0001EYT2A.jpg

The Stallone film is dreadful!
    The Karl Urban movie is much closer to the comic.
    Well worth seeing!
    Cant believe you havent seen, The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly! Absolute classic!

Each point made here supported.
    Sadly I don't think either Dredd film comes anywhere near to capturing the tone of the original comic. The Stallone film is utterly dreadful of course, but the Urban version also fails to capture the mildly satirical nature of Dredd. It's also too much like the raid for my liking. The movie that's closest to Dredd in tone is the original Robocop