Real life villains

edited June 2012 in General Discussion Posts: 11,425
Fleming was famously inspired to create Goldfinger by the real life architect Erno Goldfinger. Which other living or deceased real life figures would make decent villains?

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2012 Posts: 15,690
    I seem to remember that Amalric said he was inspired by Nicolas Sarkozy for the role of Greene.
    After this weekend I was thinking Cheryl Cole.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Hitler
    Stalin
    Mao Zedong
    Kim Jong Il
    Charles Manson
    Ted Kaczynski
    Hilary Clinton
    Getafix wrote:

:-)) :-))

I would say Rupert Murdoch.
    Ted Bundy ?

I don't know :-??
    actonsteve wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

:-)) :-))

I would say Rupert Murdoch.

Surely they 'did' him in TND?
    Getafix wrote:

:)) Head of Quantum maybe in Property Of A Lady? ;)
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Getafix wrote:

:)) Head of Quantum maybe in Property Of A Lady? ;)

Genius. Just don't let her near the title song!
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Ted Bundy ?

I don't know :-??

More like Al Bundy!

23d386c190918dfde4bc1c01c0e96025.jpg
    Christina Applegate would of made for a good Bond girl now that you mention it
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Christina Applegate would of made for a good Bond girl now that you mention it

She could still be in ally of Bond's in the field, if you want her in a film that badly Baltimore.
    Not that badly!

I think you meant an 'Ally' of Bond's also ?

Yes, I think a sort of Arterton role would be ideal, just a few moments on screen would suffice, rather than an actual Bond girl that's along for the entire duration usually
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Oops, alley, ally. It's all so similar! ;)

That is exactly the size role I was thinking of, as long as it's big enough to make an impact.
    That's really what they should of done with Roberts, Berry, Chiles, Richards, Blackman etc, just give them 'bit parts' , instead of 'Main Bond girl' roles

I was thinking in retrospect, that would of been so much better, i.e for example, it's 1985, Tanya Roberts in bit part on screen, about two minutes (and that would of been too much) instead of a whole film with her etc, that's just one example

Not to berate it, or her anymore, but one reason I can't watch Die Another Day anymore, or have trouble even, is simply because of the Jiacinta Johnson character, she gets on the damn nerves so much it's almost nearly impossible to watch it, unless I skip all the scenes she's in, but then it ruins the film - which really isn't saying much

Dick Cheney
    Rupert Murdoch
    Vladimir Putin
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Lee Tamahori
    Tamahori has been getting a bit of a rough ride just recently. I know he was instrumental in putting together a rather dire Bond release but it appears some see him as the incarnation of evil sometimes, I'm sure he's not a bad individual etc
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    Osama bin Laden.

Oh wait, he was already in TLD.
    Tamahori has been getting a bit of a rough ride just recently. I know he was instrumental in putting together a rather dire Bond release but it appears some see him as the incarnation of evil sometimes, I'm sure he's not a bad individual etc

Indeed. It was just a joke. But it's hard to believe that he's the same man responsible for the extremely good "The Edge", yet also responsible for "xXx: State of the Union".
    Oh I've never even seen either of those, the only work I enjoyed was Mulholland Falls that he did. It's easy to say in hindsight he should never really have been allowed near a Bond movie, but I'm afraid that is the case. Sometimes I think even Kubrick, Scorsese and Capra together couldn't have saved that garbage :-<
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Lee Tamahori

Bonus points++++++
    Lee Tamahori

Bonus points++++++

Well said. You win the internet, friend.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Internet? he won the life.
    Jose Mourinho has always given me a super-villain vibe (he's a football/soccer coach). He is terrifying, speaks like, six languages, refers to himself as "the special one", and, how's THIS for a villain lair?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/real-madrid-building-1-billion-resort-island-united-170935374.html
    jackdagger wrote:
    Jose Mourinho has always given me a super-villain vibe (he's a football/soccer coach). He is terrifying, speaks like, six languages, refers to himself as "the special one", and, how's THIS for a villain lair?
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/real-madrid-building-1-billion-resort-island-united-170935374.html

Does he make his players call him "the special one"? I think he places quite high on the dick scale if he does.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 128
    Steve Jobs - a driven, focussed perfectionist with a vision and a megaton of cash.
    Donald Trump - egoistic, political ambitions and a ton of cash. He also runs the Miss Universe competition.
    Bernie Ecclestone - has spouted anti-democratic, pro-fascist views, allegedly used his money and position to influence govt policy behind closed doors.
    Juan Antonio Samaranch - was a fascist politician in Spain, there were corruption and bribery scandals while he was head of the Olympics.
    George Bush, possible head of Quantum?
    Anders Breivik :D

Lee Tamahori rhymes with Neverending Story.....lulz
  • To me, the top real life villains are those who would molest or harm an innocent child. As a parent, I feel they should be summarily shot because they cannot be rehabilitated, and that includes clergy. I don't even want to breathe the same air as these monsters. A bullet is a lot cheaper than food. I'd be happy to shoot every one of those bastards in the head personally and wouldn't lose a bit of sleep over it, would probably do it for free and with much satisfaction.
    George Bush, possible head of Quantum?

Property of a lady, indeed. :P