No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    M in this film is obviously on Nomi’s side, at least for the vast majority. Bond could be even a problem, given the fact is collaborating and talking with CIA. Nomi made it clear in their encounter in Jamaica (the knee bit). M is not gonna be a villain, that’s obvious, but Bond is not his employee in this one...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    matt_u wrote: »
    M in this film is obviously on Nomi’s side, at least for the vast majority. Bond could be even a problem, given the fact is collaborating and talking with CIA. Nomi made it clear in their encounter in Jamaica (the knee bit). M is not gonna be a villain, that’s obvious, but Bond is not his employee in this one...
    That's a good point.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    Denbigh wrote: »
    That's a good point.

I think 'bad decisions' thing will be about M trying to hunt down Bond and try to suppress his mission, and much lke Q in LTK MP will instead try to do something to help him.
    That's a good point.

So without M’s support Bond will need some help and that’s where Moneypenny and Q will be “forced” to help their friend against M’s orders... Bond goes for Q in his apartment, not the Q Lab after all.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    So Bond going rogue once again.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Walecs wrote: »

To be pedantic, Bond cant to rogue in this one as he is retired and no longer a 00 agent 😉

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    So, Bond is......freelance?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    So, Bond is......freelance?

It's like the last couple of series of Bergerac :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 13,896
    That's cool, from the Lifetime magazine:

deploying a cluster of small mines

Wanna sneak peek?

---

Now for something different added to the collection - neither film prop nor merch: NTTD supervising stunt coordinator Olivier Schneider's 2nd Unit walkie talkie. You may remember he posted a photo of it on Instagram back in October:

50336428783_577e8df7a2_o.png
    50336396973_96231d7900_o.png
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554
    "so we are exploring the most dangerous thing threatening the world and how is this guy, with these multiple layers of complexity, going to stop it? What parts of his shadow side are going to come out?"

Music to my ears. Fukunaga clearly understands that the DC era has been a Jungian approach to Bond. Expect more "mirrors" in this film: we have already seen another one in the latest trailer, when Bond returns to the hotel room in Matera. Even Safin's line, "I could be looking at my own reflection" alludes to the Jungian ideas about duality. But the most important image is this one:

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2019%2F12%2Fbond-ew-excl-2000.jpg
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

They really can't get enough of these personal and trust issues, can they?

• MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    TripAces wrote: »
    "so we are exploring the most dangerous thing threatening the world and how is this guy, with these multiple layers of complexity, going to stop it? What parts of his shadow side are going to come out?"

Music to my ears. Fukunaga clearly understands that the DC era has been a Jungian approach to Bond. Expect more "mirrors" in this film: we have already seen another one in the latest trailer, when Bond returns to the hotel room in Matera. Even Safin's line, "I could be looking at my own reflection" alludes to the Jungian ideas about duality. But the most important image is this one:

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F6%2F2019%2F12%2Fbond-ew-excl-2000.jpg

Caption:

Bond: “Now I know what it smells like in here Maddy, but you gotta believe me, it wasnt me!”
    Madeline: “Whoever denied it, supplied it.”
    Etc...
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

They really can't get enough of these personal and trust issues, can they?

One would imagine trust issues play rather a large part in the life of a spy! :)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,157
    Mallory wrote: »
    Walecs wrote: »

To be pedantic, Bond cant to rogue in this one as he is retired and no longer a 00 agent 😉

True that B-)
    Mallory wrote: »

Caption:

Bond: “Now I know what it smells like in here Maddy, but you gotta believe me, it wasnt me!”
    Madeline: “Whoever denied it, supplied it.”
    Etc...

It looks like they're playing rock, paper, scissors to me. Bond has just won.
  • jamesbond0007jamesbond0007 mississippi
    That's a good point.

So without M’s support Bond will need some help and that’s where Moneypenny and Q will be “forced” to help their friend against M’s orders... Bond goes for Q in his apartment, not the Q Lab after all.

I would say that M is not bent as in the trailer M says....Come on Bond where the hell are you ......
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343

+1!!!
    That's a good point.

I would say that M is not bent as in the trailer M says....Come on Bond where the hell are you ......

That happens later but Bond being a problem for MI6 throughout Jamaica and Cuba is confirmed. There’s even a scene where M stares at Dench’s portrait, asking likely for some “”advice””. He probably thinks is too much a personal mission for Bond this time around, once James comes back to London.

Thanks @QBranch!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself

The DB5's presence in the final scene of SP allowed a smooth transition into NTTD, where the car appears when Bond makes his first appearance, driving an Italian coastal road with Madeleine, its digital number plate switching from the classic BMT216A to the Italian A426900. [...] The chase begins with SPECTRE agents giving chase in a 1996 model Maserati Quattroporte Evoluzione, a 2007 Lancia Thesis, a pair of Jaguar XFs and three Triumph motorcycles, one of which is ridden by the film's henchmen, Primo. Bond guides the DB5 through Matera's winding street, deploying a cluster of small mines from a secret compartment beneath the car's boot, which scatter on the road behind. With agents still clinging on his tail, Bond then drives the DB5 down a flight of steps before grazing it on a wall as he bids to slip through a narrow alley.

You can see the mines in the new trailer. At 2:19 bond swerves his car and we can see mines on the road and then a car drives over them and explodes up.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom

The DB5's presence in the final scene of SP allowed a smooth transition into NTTD, where the car appears when Bond makes his first appearance, driving an Italian coastal road with Madeleine, its digital number plate switching from the classic BMT216A to the Italian A426900. [...] The chase begins with SPECTRE agents giving chase in a 1996 model Maserati Quattroporte Evoluzione, a 2007 Lancia Thesis, a pair of Jaguar XFs and three Triumph motorcycles, one of which is ridden by the film's henchmen, Primo. Bond guides the DB5 through Matera's winding street, deploying a cluster of small mines from a secret compartment beneath the car's boot, which scatter on the road behind. With agents still clinging on his tail, Bond then drives the DB5 down a flight of steps before grazing it on a wall as he bids to slip through a narrow alley.

You can see the mines in the new trailer. At 2:19 bond swerves his car and we can see mines on the road and then a car drives over them and explodes up.

Oh yeah! I thought the car was shooting at them with its big machine guns but you're right.

What sharp little eyes you've got ;)

Well done. They're really visible even on the floor in front of the Jag.
  • jamesbond0007jamesbond0007 mississippi
    Madeline must be playing Jodie Foster as Hannibal / Blofelds Pych Doctor. lol
    Univex wrote: »

We'll just have to wait until we get to your teeth.
    delfloria wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »

We'll just have to wait until we get to your teeth.
    ;)
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Just reminding you all that

“if we don’t do this...

There will be nothing left to save!”

:)

• peterpeter Toronto
    DCisared wrote: »

“if we don’t do this...

I loved this line and his delivery
    peter wrote: »

“if we don’t do this...

And a good Sean Bean impression it was as well ;)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think that line delivery makes Craig sound like Dalton, coz of the shakiness in his voice.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York

“if we don’t do this...

Me too, Peter. You can hear the urgency in his voice. It’ll be interesting to see Craig rattled by Malek’s character/plan.
  • GadgetMan wrote: »
    I think that line delivery makes Craig sound like Dalton, coz of the shakiness in his voice.

Definitely the most jarring aspect of the new trailer!
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

“if we don’t do this...

Me too, Peter. You can hear the urgency in his voice. It’ll be interesting to see Craig rattled by Malek’s character/plan.

Absabloodyexactly fellas. Can’t wait.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Let’s just hope there aren’t any further delays at this point.