No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I see the 007 shop is selling Safin mask replicas of various sizes; they look a bit crap though.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The next round of delays is about to start:

Wonder Woman 1984 set to be delayed to December 2020; Dune set to be delayed to 2021.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/wonder-woman-1984-release-date-change-2020-november-christmas-1203019735/
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    After those Tenet numbers that’s totally understandable...
    TENET's figures are not encouraging. If Eon sticks to the November release with it's heavy re-advertising campaign and things don't get better, will they be prepared to stream it? Personally, I hope not.
  • Long time lurker, but I have some thoughts from how the trailer was cut out of order.
    Craig gets to the bridge one way or another. Looks like the car makes a pass at him, where he ducks beneath the stone. The car passes by and he begins to run across the bridge. (Cue first shot of the trailer). Motorcycle shows up and surround him. Both make a run at him, machine guns blazing, and he jumps.

I think this Matera sequence will be an amazing, iconic, action scene.
  • duke_togoduke_togo france
    Long time lurker, but I have some thoughts from how the trailer was cut out of order.
    Craig gets to the bridge one way or another. Looks like the car makes a pass at him, where he ducks beneath the stone. The car passes by and he begins to run across the bridge. (Cue first shot of the trailer). Motorcycle shows up and surround him. Both make a run at him, machine guns blazing, and he jumps.

I think this Matera sequence will be an amazing, iconic, action scene.

In the Craig era the best action sequence is always at the beginning except for SPECTRE with the fight against Hinx.

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Reposted character posters on official 007. No date or month, just the year 2020. Why?

UtIht2c.jpg
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    Contraband wrote: »
    Reposted character posters on official 007. No date or month, just the year 2020. Why?

UtIht2c.jpg

Reposted? Those “2020” character posters have been on 007.com for a while.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    HMBFF wrote: »

UtIht2c.jpg

He means that the month has been erased.

• HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    HMBFF wrote: »

UtIht2c.jpg

He means that the month has been erased.

I know. They’ve been there for quite some time.
    Perhaps they saw Tenet’s US numbers...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    matt_u wrote: »
    Perhaps they saw Tenet’s US numbers...

35wknjR.gif
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    At least it says 2020 and not 2021. With the release slated for November, there is only December left in the calendar year...
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I can't see EON delaying it again. November looks sealed, coz they simply can't afford to release any more trailers if they delay again.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Grammy Museum’s New Streaming Service to Kick Off With Billie Eilish, Finneas and Hans Zimmer Talking Bond Music
    https://variety.com/2020/music/news/grammy-museum-streaming-service-billie-eilish-finneas-bond-archival-1234764938/
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    I can't see EON delaying it again. November looks sealed, coz they simply can't afford to release any more trailers if they delay again.

Nothing is sealed 100%... Imagine if by early November most of the UE theaters will close again in order to contain the spread of the virus. Let’s say even just UK, France and Spain. They will be forced to delay again. We are goin to experience the first full winter of the Covid era, no less...
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    matt_u wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »

Nothing is sealed 100%... Imagine if by early November most of the UE theaters will close again in order to contain the spread of the virus. Let’s say even just UK, France and Spain. They will be forced to delay again. We are goin to experience the first full winter of the Covid era, no less...

Yeah, true. We live in shaky times. I actually was looking forward to 2021 for NTTD. But after this recent trailer, I really don't know how they'll delay it and release another trailer, without giving away too much. But like you rightfully said, except cinemas are closed again, but apart from that I think EON are going with November.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • jamesbond0007jamesbond0007 mississippi
    From the Trailer it's going to be interesting to see how they got Q to fly as I remember from Skyfall as Moneypenny saying to Bond in Macau..... And Q's afraid of flying
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    @jamesbond0007 I always interpreted that line as her trying to be funny, rather than Q actually having a fear of flying. He does fly to the Hoffler Klinic in Spectre....
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 137
    M_Balje wrote: »

That is a lot of fun. There are some very skilful scene matching and editing. I know this isn't the thread, but it's a shame PB didn't get his more down to earth FYEO after the fantastical style of DAD (which I hated). I saw TWINE the other day and I always felt in the right hands with a better script, that film had such potential. Oh well, such is life...
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Mallory wrote: »
    @jamesbond0007 I always interpreted that line as her trying to be funny, rather than Q actually having a fear of flying. He does fly to the Hoffler Klinic in Spectre....

That's likely. Could also be a flippant comment that they merely forgot about for later installments (like how they "don't really go in" for gadgets like explosive pens anymore in SF yet one film later, they're all about explosive watches).
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

That is a lot of fun. There are some very skilful scene matching and editing. I know this isn't the thread, but it's a shame PB didn't get his more down to earth FYEO after the fantastical style of DAD (which I hated). I saw TWINE the other day and I always felt in the right hands with a better script, that film had such potential. Oh well, such is life...

During the early summer, in the grips of this COVID crisis, I revisited PB's films. After seeing them, strung together, I now consider TWINE as PB's best. That had traditionally gone to GE for so long. But I now think, overall, TWINE is the strongest, most confident of the films, and DR doesn't bother me nearly as much.

OK...back to NTTD
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    TripAces wrote: »

During the early summer, in the grips of this COVID crisis, I revisited PB's films. After seeing them, strung together, I now consider TWINE as PB's best. That had traditionally gone to GE for so long. But I now think, overall, TWINE is the strongest, most confident of the films, and DR doesn't bother me nearly as much.

OK...back to NTTD

I agree. He was a “charming” Bond. I once read that something similar to QOS story was originally constructed with him in mind (without the DC arc obviously) for his 5th and would have been a better finale for him. He did always seem to be wincing and injured in one way or another....but given his love for falling in and out of vehicles he could have enjoyed a film which wasn’t partly set in orbit or against an entire army and was much more character driven.
    Now I can’t wait to see DC’s finale throw of the dice!
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 847
    Safin first name Lyutsifer confirmed :

james_bond_archives_no_time_to_die_ed_xl_gb_open001_610_611_08107_2008251630_id_1317614.jpg
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Nice one, guys - and great spot @moneyofpropre2!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    @Mallory Great pic, reminiscent of Bond in Skyfall manor.