No Time to Die production thread

Comments

Yeah Eclipse is the production codename for the film. I don't believe it was ever considered as an actual title. Was used alongside B25. Spectre had one too - The Journey.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554
    QBranch wrote: »
    Wow, it does indeed say Eclipse. Good spot @Mallory

I had to blow it up to 300% on my Twitter page to see it, but it sure is!

On a separate note (no pun intended), we're seeing horns here. I'm wondering if HZ plans on re-emphasizing that section of the orchestra.
    TripAces wrote: »
    we're seeing horns here. I'm wondering if HZ plans on re-emphasizing that section of the orchestra.

Oh, I sure hope so :)
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    "Steve should really be the top name on the Bond film."

Anybody remember this? https://variety.com/2020/music/news/hans-zimmer-interview-bond-dune-lion-king-ascap-awards-1234646855/#article-comments

;) Zimmer and co.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,957
    Mallory wrote: »
    It did, but it could be used to keep the recordings secret so nothing leaked (?)

Yes I think that's very possible, you're right. Plus I think it's likely he was on it before we knew about too.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    ggl007 wrote: »

Anybody remember this? https://variety.com/2020/music/news/hans-zimmer-interview-bond-dune-lion-king-ascap-awards-1234646855/#article-comments

;) Zimmer and co.

The very thought of hearing Johnny Marr on this soundtrack has me geeked out.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Speaking about Felix I'd prefer if he gets badly injured like on the books rather than being killed off.

tXa0kdf.png

Same here. I could immensely dislike this film if Felix does get killed. Something about that would just seem wrong to me.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    TripAces wrote: »
    ggl007 wrote: »

;) Zimmer and co.

The very thought of hearing Johnny Marr on this soundtrack has me geeked out.

Exactly! For Zimmer to think about involving probably the best guitarist around, says a lot about Zimmer's knowledge of Bond music. Although, Zimmer and Marr did a Bondesque score for Inception, difference is, this is the proper Bond film, so they won't be subtle about it.
  • RyanRyan Canada
    The novelty of Johnny Marr doing the guitar work will never get old. Absolute legend! And assuming we have a proper gun barrel with the guitar line (I expect we will), then who better to mark the return of such than Johnny Marr.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Ryan wrote: »
    The novelty of Johnny Marr doing the guitar work will never get old. Absolute legend! And assuming we have a proper gun barrel with the guitar line (I expect we will), then who better to mark the return of such than Johnny Marr.

Seems like a shoe-in, doesn’t it? :)
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Univex wrote: »
    Unrelated, I know, but does anyone have any ideia when will the Greg Williams Bond on Set book be available? And that documentary about becoming Bond? I mean, can we pre order the book now? And from where? And where will the documentary land? On tv? On a streaming platform? On the blu-ray extras?

There hasn't been a Bond On Set book since Skyfall. That was the last of the Bond On Set. Spectre didn't have a Bond On Set book but instead was the Blood, Sweat and Bond: Behind the scenes of Spectre.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Somebody know what is the building (that bad guys abseiling/explode in the trailer) in real life? The location. (If it really exist).

Apparently its 52-54 Lime Street in London.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »
    Speaking about Felix I'd prefer if he gets badly injured like on the books rather than being killed off.

tXa0kdf.png

Same here. I could immensely dislike this film if Felix does get killed. Something about that would just seem wrong to me.

There's unfortunately a lot of signs pointing towards it.

unknown.png

We only see Bond swim out from the wreckage here, so I'm assuming that Felix either drowns or we get deceived somehow and he is picked up and saved by allies.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Some pics of the soundtrack:

You can pre-order now.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 850
    imranbecks wrote: »
    Somebody know what is the building (that bad guys abseiling/explode in the trailer) in real life? The location. (If it really exist).

I dont think it's that, the shape of it, it's very cubic from the plan of the explosion. At this point I think it's a fictionnal building, shoot in studio (at least for the abseiling shoot). From the panomic view of The Shard I see nothing where it is supposed be, and nothing from Google Street View when I position myslef on Southwark Bridge...
    Yeah, the building isn't there. It's meant to be on or near Queen Victoria St., close to the A201.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    Had another peek at the trailers and I think i've picked up something new.
    unknown.png

We can see a bunch of vials next on the table, right next to where Nomi flying kicks Valdo in second trailer.

unknown.png?width=721&height=298

We also see that, in the closeup of the wall next to Bond, what appears to be the same vials of red and green.

unknown.png

Noting that Safin's lines all have the theme of replacing Bond and somethig to do with his licence to kill and his use of it:

I've made you redundant
    History of violence...I could be speaking to my own reflection
    We both kill to make the world a better place
    Your skills die with you, mine will survive long after I'm gone.

And Nomi's realization He will kill millions...

I think Safin could be making a targeted virus/kill gas to target 'bad' people based on their genes while leaving others with incompatible DNA alone, thereby making his own idea of utopia. Hence why in the SPECTRE ball, Bond seems unaffected by the gas while the SPECTRE agents all go down immediately.

I'm getting a little Metal Gear Solid 2 feeling from this - I think NTTD will have an overarching theme of genes vs one's own will and decisions, and this will be the thing that Bond will have trouble processing and what Safin uses to 'get into Bond's head', as the crew have pointed out many times. It'll be about how no one is inherently 'evil', rather what makes us is our decisions and what we do with our life, over our lineage - another pressure point that both Safin and Blofeld could use to manipulate and affect Bond.

(Not to mention Nomi maybe taking the 007 codename and replacing Bond in MI6 - Raiden anyone? :)) )
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    imranbecks wrote: »

The Scalpel, 190m tall office and mixed-use building
    unknown.png

We can see a bunch of vials next on the table, right next to where Nomi flying kicks Valdo in second trailer.

We also see that, in the closeup of the wall next to Bond, what appears to be the same vials of red and green.

unknown.png

Noting that Safin's lines all have the theme of replacing Bond and somethig to do with his licence to kill and his use of it:

I've made you redundant

I think Safin could be making a targeted virus/kill gas to target 'bad' people based on their genes while leaving others with incompatible DNA alone, thereby making his own idea of utopia. Hence why in the SPECTRE ball, Bond seems unaffected by the gas while the SPECTRE agents all go down immediately.

I'm getting a little Metal Gear Solid 2 feeling from this - I think NTTD will have an overarching theme of genes vs one's own will and decisions, and this will be the thing that Bond will have trouble processing and what Safin uses to 'get into Bond's head', as the crew have pointed out many times. It'll be about how no one is inherently 'evil', rather what makes us is our decisions and what we do with our life, over our lineage - another pressure point that both Safin and Blofeld could use to manipulate and affect Bond.

(Not to mention Nomi maybe taking the 007 codename and replacing Bond in MI6 - Raiden anyone? :)) )

Good spot, and interesting theory. I've seen the red vial up close.
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I've made you redundant

Have you got a picture close up of the vial?
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I've made you redundant

I don't have permission to post the photo, it's from someone else's collection. I can make up a model of it though, if you like.
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I've made you redundant

I don't have permission to post the photo, it's from someone else's collection. I can make up a model of it though, if you like.

Ah damn. If you ever get clearance, be sure to let me know then :)

If you could, I'd love to see your personal mock-up of it
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I've made you redundant

I think it could be very interesting.

ruoCWnG.jpg
    hKUbpxh.jpg
    6bM7bBG.jpg

Storyboard 7 pages Matera car chase
    qxgGPzJ.jpg
    RCKeRbY.jpg
    dSr6Vhs.jpg
    kPHxzA7.jpg
    Pryq0WG.jpg
    WfJ1GQw.jpg
    mVIAssf.jpg
    Contraband wrote: »
    ruoCWnG.jpg
    These are photos of my friend Paul's collection- some of them, such as the two glider blueprints, Paloma's cherry cola bottle and Q's science magazine are my additions to it. The Rubik's cube in a jar is his personal contribution to Q's home office set, and hopefully will be seen in the film.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Contraband wrote: »
    ruoCWnG.jpg
    These are photos of my friend Paul's collection- some of them, such as the two glider blueprints, Paloma's cherry cola bottle and Q's science magazine are my additions to it. The Rubik's cube in a jar is his personal contribution to Q's home office set, and hopefully will be seen in the film.

On sale on ebay.. so I a took a copy

And that explains the exhibition-still since I couldn't find anything via 007 or London Museum, etc
    edited September 2020 Posts: 13,934
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I've made you redundant

My pleasure. Very quick mock-up here- the ones on the bench should look like this, glass and aluminium with two rubber o-rings in either end. I think the vials in the wall are different designs again.

50306868743_79719ce0ac_o.png
    edited September 2020 Posts: 469
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I've made you redundant

My pleasure. Very quick mock-up here- the ones on the bench should look like this, glass and aluminium with two rubber o-rings in either end. I think the vials in the wall are different designs again.

50306868743_79719ce0ac_o.png

You made an entire 3d model for this? :O It's really nice! I thought you were going to just draw it or something - i feel really bad for putting you through this!

I wonder what's in it now. Reminds me a lot of older 2000's era action films and their death-potion-in-a-vial contraptions :))
    edited September 2020 Posts: 13,934
    I intended to 3D print one soon, so you motivated me to get started on the model ;) I'll tweak it slightly beforehand. Bond-wise, it's reminiscent of the Moonraker toxin unit. The contents were described as 'poison serum', a bit of an oxymoron.
    I intended to 3D print one soon, so you motivated me to get started on the model ;) I'll tweak it slightly beforehand. Bond-wise, it's reminiscent of the Moonraker toxin unit. The contents were described as 'poison serum', a bit of an oxymoron.

It's a very impressive model, and I can't wait to see the real thing, both from you and the movie.

Interesting that the contents have been described as a 'poison serum' - guess it confirms at least one part of the mystery over Safin's weapon.