No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    edited September 2020 Posts: 3,018
    Univex wrote: »
    Contraband wrote: »
    Do we reckon those islands, that apparent archipelago on which Safin has his island, is in fact the Kuril? What do you guys think? We have the russian lettering on the base’s walls, the niponic influence,... Could be, right? If if they have filmed it in the Faroe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuril_Islands

2nd Unit and chopper cam filmed at Kalsoy island

Thanks, @Contraband, but I meant within the film’s narrative, as in Kalsoy standing in for the Kuril. What do you think? A possibility?

Have never heard of Kuril. News to me..

I'm only thinking in terms of Safins base on a secluded island in the script, and then location scouts found Kalsoy..
    Ana in a new commercial

pbuIjOv.jpg
    z0sTf2v.jpg
    bvBPH4D.jpg
    NKGXG5T.jpg
    6Ou12I9.jpg
    5EVknX7.jpg
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,343
    Do we reckon those islands, that apparent archipelago on which Safin has his island, is in fact the Kuril? What do you guys think? We have the russian lettering on the base’s walls, the niponic influence,... Could be, right? If if they have filmed it in the Faroe.

Thanks, @Contraband, but I meant within the film’s narrative, as in Kalsoy standing in for the Kuril. What do you think? A possibility?

Kuril Islands being the place where Safin has his base is an idea that popped up at least two times in those boards months ago. As you said it’s Russia but given the position the Japanese influences make sense as well. I think that’s not just a possibility but this is where the film will take Bond and Nomi in the end. I’m pretty much sure and its very cool ;).
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    pbuIjOv.jpg
    z0sTf2v.jpg
    bvBPH4D.jpg
    NKGXG5T.jpg
    6Ou12I9.jpg
    5EVknX7.jpg

Those images are lush. This is going to be a beautiful looking film.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    pbuIjOv.jpg
    z0sTf2v.jpg
    bvBPH4D.jpg
    NKGXG5T.jpg
    6Ou12I9.jpg
    5EVknX7.jpg

Those images are lush. This is going to be a beautiful looking film.

Not to mention the return of the Krinkov
  • Not sure if anyone has seen this but an international trailer with slightly different footage has gone live. It shows some of the Atlantic road footage and has a new musical cues.

matt_u wrote: »

Kuril Islands being the place where Safin has his base is an idea that popped up at least two times in those boards months ago. As you said it’s Russia but given the position the Japanese influences make sense as well. I think that’s not just a possibility but this is where the film will take Bond and Nomi in the end. I’m pretty much sure and its very cool ;).

Really, really cool indeed, Mr. Roark. Wasn't aware someone had already thought about it :D Cheers ;)
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    More rumors: Leica Q2 James Bond 007 limited edition camera and Leica Q2 Monochrom camera
    https://leicarumors.com/2020/09/07/more-rumors-leica-q2-james-bond-limited-edition-and-leica-q2-monochrom-camera.aspx/

Leica is rumored to announce a new Leica Q2 James Bond limited edition in black and British green leather and a special wooden box.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    This is definitely one of the Matera cars is it? I wonder what the tyre slasher is about...

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Last spring, someone took all of the stills and photos and managed to create a "best guess" timeline, with the pics arranged in order. Is anyone working on that now, with additional shots and stills we've seen over the summer, and from the new trailers?
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    TripAces wrote: »
    Last spring, someone took all of the stills and photos and managed to create a "best guess" timeline, with the pics arranged in order. Is anyone working on that now, with additional shots and stills we've seen over the summer, and from the new trailers?

Yep, I'm doing that right now.

Yep, I'm doing that right now.

giphy.gif
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    That would be epic if someone took all the footage from all the trailers and tv spots and put them together in order
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    mtm wrote: »
    This is definitely one of the Matera cars is it? I wonder what the tyre slasher is about...

Can't wait to see if Bond deploys the rumoured DB5 tyre spikes, though I doubt he'd need them on sticky cola-sprayed roads. And full sugar cola at that.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited September 2020 Posts: 14,948
    I'm very curious to see if that tyre slasher is used in the movie though- it's almost hard to imagine how he could in those tight streets.
    Might be fun for knocking an evil motorcyclist off his bike though! :)

I'm not quite convinced that car is from the film though. Why does it have revolving numberplates?
    I think it might be a new Goldfinger car dressed up (although I would have thought they all have buyers). Very odd.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Yeah, not sure either. As far as I know, the film car/s only had stickers along the side to apply the scuffing, while this one appears to have it painted on.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    I'm so excited to see the wheels starting to turn on the promotion again, it's exciting to think we will have a new Bond film to talk about in just over two months time (fingers crossed)

I really liked the poster, it was much better than the one we got last year with the teal background. This new one reminds me of The Living Daylights poster and obviously Skyfall. I love Daniel's expression and pose, he still has the right look as Bond

Up to now though my favourite poster is still the Imax one on the Triumph, it just screams Bond, which is exactly what we need after a 5 year absence
  • jamesbond0007jamesbond0007 mississippi
    Not sure if anyone has seen this but an international trailer with slightly different footage has gone live. It shows some of the Atlantic road footage and has a new musical cues.

Two things draw my eye in particular though. One is a modern warship firing salvo after salvo of missiles from her vertical launching system. the distinct radome on top of the tall mast amidships combined with the shape of her superstructure suggests that she’s a Type 45 (also known as the Daring-class) guided missile destroyer of the Royal Navy. Hard to read the Hull number .So it's either got to be the HMS DIAMOND,DRAGON OR HMS DEFENDER as the other ships in her class are out for service and retrofits

The other thing that caught my eye is the military cargo plane that briefly had a close encounter with some kind of small unidentified aircraft. The cargo plane in question is a C-17 Globemaster III: one of the most widely used military transport planes ever made. One of said users is the United Kingdom, so it makes sense there.
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,554
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    I'm so excited to see the wheels starting to turn on the promotion again, it's exciting to think we will have a new Bond film to talk about in just over two months time (fingers crossed)

I really liked the poster, it was much better than the one we got last year with the teal background. This new one reminds me of The Living Daylights poster and obviously Skyfall. I love Daniel's expression and pose, he still has the right look as Bond

Up to now though my favourite poster is still the Imax one on the Triumph, it just screams Bond, which is exactly what we need after a 5 year absence

I saw Tenet on Sunday night. The theater has NTTD souvenir cups already.

The new marketing blitz is why I firmly believe that MGM and Universal are going all in on that November release, no matter what.
  • Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Jordo007 wrote: »

I saw Tenet on Sunday night. The theater has NTTD souvenir cups already.

The new marketing blitz is why I firmly believe that MGM and Universal are going all in on that November release, no matter what.

That sounds cool. I agree mate, I hope you're right
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Dying for an actual clip from the movie & a hint of Zimmer’s score.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    Dying for an actual clip from the movie & a hint of Zimmer’s score.

Hopefully we'll get a clip in a month's time. I know the first snippets dropped in October for both SF and SP.
    I remember the first clip for SP dropping being the heated exchange between M and C after the vote was passed for Nine Eyes. And the odd music was widely commented on. I'd love a clip myself, but I'd be just as fine without one having gone this far - and already lots of nice trailer + TV spot footage. I just hope the film comes out on time this time!!!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I remember the first clip for SP dropping being the heated exchange between M and C after the vote was passed for Nine Eyes. And the odd music was widely commented on. I'd love a clip myself, but I'd be just as fine without one having gone this far - and already lots of nice trailer + TV spot footage. I just hope the film comes out on time this time!!!

It will. EON and MGM have pushed all their chips to the middle of the table. If something happens between now and then, I fully expect a VOD release.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited September 2020 Posts: 10,588

It will. EON and MGM have pushed all their chips to the middle of the table. If something happens between now and then, I fully expect a VOD release.
    For what it’s worth , I just came across a brief spot for the film on Instagram, and it was the first time I recall EON using the phrase “Only in cinemas” since the first wave of marketing rolled out. I think they are confident enough of the film’s critical success to where they are prepared to delay again if necessary in order for audiences to be able to gain the full effect in theatres.
    jake24 wrote: »

For what it’s worth , I just came across a brief spot for the film on Instagram, and it was the first time I recall EON using the phrase “Only in cinemas” since the first wave of marketing rolled out. I think they are confident enough of the film’s critical success to where they are prepared to delay again if necessary in order for audiences to be able to gain the full effect in theatres.

Yes, I remember this. I think it is the montage of Bond fight scenes (some of which seemed like outtakes I have never seen) that 007 Instagram posted a few days ago. I think the "Only in Cinemas" part of that is to make clear that a release in November is not one of these simultanious VOD/theater releases. Regardless, I am 90% certain the film will be in cinemas, as planned, in November. I think they are, as well. Fingers crossed.
    From official 007: Suttirat Anne Larlarb, No Time To Die Costume Designer, tells us about the inspiration and making process of the movie mask...

“We started from an initial piece of visual reference of a Japanese Noh mask because of its pure, expressionless, clean look. The first steps initiated were several days of clay sculpting to finesse the ‘expression’ of expressionlessness… which was a lot more difficult than that sounds. We wanted to remove anything that felt like an expressive human detail while remaining true to a human face - so the mask could reside somewhere between inhuman, artificial and a serene stare. We worked on minimising as many facial planes as possible, any spaces, sockets, dips where shadows could inadvertently cue an expression or depth - but I also wanted there to be enough dimension and reality so that it didn’t look flat. After several days of sculpting, and then several more sessions of me working with our sculptor, the mask was 3D-scanned into a digital model for the next stage of the design process. One of the 3D artists added the wood grain surface texture that is readable under the coats of paint on the surface of the mask - just as a real Noh mask would have."
    Looks like a lot of thought went into that particular detail. Speaks volumes on the quality of the overall production. Thanks, @Contraband, as always.
    Looks like a lot of thought went into that particular detail. Speaks volumes on the quality of the overall production. Thanks, @Contraband, as always.

My pleasure @Univex. Just doing my job..