No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Mallory wrote: »
    Way back before the title announcement, one of the rumoured titles was “Eclipse”.

Well Steve Mazzaro, back in March, posted some bts photos of the recordings. On the third photo you can just about make out the recording sheets, and it sure looks like “Eclipse”.

So was that the title before a change to NTTD, or (more likely) the working title.

Great find! Seems a confirmation that Eclipse actually means something in the film, like a codename for Safin’s eradication plan...
  • In my opinion , this photo is very significant..
    this should be where safin makes his own virus or whatever .....what do you think??
    #-o @-) @-) 8-| :)]
    unknown.png?width=721&height=297
    History of violence...I could be speaking to my own reflection
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    pattabra wrote: »
    In my opinion , this photo is very significant..
    this should be where safin makes his own virus or whatever .....what do you think??
    unknown.png?width=721&height=297

"Reflection" = Bond.

#-o
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    It's a very impressive model, and I can't wait to see the real thing, both from you and the movie.
    Thank you, I can't wait either. You can tell from my profile that I love the gizmos, and there's all sorts of other toys in the film,
    electronic limpet mines, vehicle tracking bugs etc.
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Vials??? Surely the movie involves some sort of virus that could kill millions.... Oh my..... Weird coincidence with the current state of the world.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited September 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Within this short space of time, look how Craig's Bond and De Armas's Paloma have so much chemistry in that trailer. Makes me wonder what might have been, if De Armas were British and was cast as Craig's Moneypenny.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Within this short space of time, look how Craig's Bond and De Armas's Paloma have so much chemistry in that trailer. Makes me wonder what might have been, if De Armas were British and was cast as Craig's Moneypenny.

*Hands over shaving cream*
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    QBranch wrote: »
    It's a very impressive model, and I can't wait to see the real thing, both from you and the movie.
    Thank you, I can't wait either. You can tell from my profile that I love the gizmos, and there's all sorts of other toys in the film,
    electronic limpet mines, vehicle tracking bugs etc.

In one interview (total film or empire) the prop master revealed several gadgets among them Q's mobile suitcase or similar that folds out to serve tea :D
    That's right, his portable mini lab with the finest selection of Earl Grey ~O)
    I think it's from the cabin where Madeleine grew up. If you look at the wall, the wallpaper is pretty 70s/80s in style

I agree.

Oh, so why do you need me? ;-)

Come to think of it, who am I trying to pass on info to an Bond expert/fanatic like yourself. *lol*
    edited September 2020 Posts: 13,879
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Because every now and then a teabag has to be strained ;)
    Contraband wrote: »
    Come to think of it, who am I trying to pass on info to an Bond expert/fanatic like yourself. *lol*
    I just pay more attention to the toys than other areas, is all :-B
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore

The chemistry with De Armas and Craig has always been good since seeing them together in Knives Out. They continued where they left off for NTTD.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Because every now and then a teabag has to be strained ;)
    I just pay more attention to the toys than other areas, is all :-B

:D :))
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia

One wonders what SP would have been like if she were cast as Swann instead of Seydoux.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

One wonders what SP would have been like if she were cast as Swann instead of Seydoux.

There was no need for that.

2X1TqZr.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Spectre just needed a better script.
  • MSL49MSL49 Finland
    edited September 2020 Posts: 395
    Knives Out was suprisingly good for me.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    @JamesCraig She does absolutely nothing for me.
    FOjfqNp.gif
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Just been to see Tenet for the (third) time in IMAX.

The new NtTD trailer played and it looked f’ing amazing on that screen.

Only difference I noticed was that the end credits had “Sequences shot in IMAX film”.

Come on Universal, pony up a couple of 15/70mm prints for release. Pretty please.
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Bond will use the aston martin v8 during the atlantic road chase please? bc it seems more and more unikely...
    wetnelly wrote: »
    duke_togo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Bond will use the aston martin v8 during the atlantic road chase please? bc it seems more and more unikely...

Have just seen the alternative global trailer and the cinematography looks glorious, especially of the Atlantic road.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    2X1TqZr.jpg[/quote]

Uh, yes.
    ;-)

• My theory for half a year now, also posted here.
    I think this makes a lot of sense although it is quite similar to the story of one of Dan Brown's books
    Had another peek at the trailers and I think i've picked up something new.
    unknown.png

We can see a bunch of vials next on the table, right next to where Nomi flying kicks Valdo in second trailer.

unknown.png?width=721&height=298

We also see that, in the closeup of the wall next to Bond, what appears to be the same vials of red and green.

unknown.png

Noting that Safin's lines all have the theme of replacing Bond and somethig to do with his licence to kill and his use of it:

I've made you redundant
    We both kill to make the world a better place
    Your skills die with you, mine will survive long after I'm gone.

And Nomi's realization He will kill millions...

I think Safin could be making a targeted virus/kill gas to target 'bad' people based on their genes while leaving others with incompatible DNA alone, thereby making his own idea of utopia. Hence why in the SPECTRE ball, Bond seems unaffected by the gas while the SPECTRE agents all go down immediately.

I'm getting a little Metal Gear Solid 2 feeling from this - I think NTTD will have an overarching theme of genes vs one's own will and decisions, and this will be the thing that Bond will have trouble processing and what Safin uses to 'get into Bond's head', as the crew have pointed out many times. It'll be about how no one is inherently 'evil', rather what makes us is our decisions and what we do with our life, over our lineage - another pressure point that both Safin and Blofeld could use to manipulate and affect Bond.

(Not to mention Nomi maybe taking the 007 codename and replacing Bond in MI6 - Raiden anyone? :)) )

Good spot, and interesting theory. I've seen the red vial up close.

• phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    danielcc wrote: »
    My theory for half a year now, also posted here.
    I think this makes a lot of sense although it is quite similar to the story of one of Dan Brown's books
    Had another peek at the trailers and I think i've picked up something new.
    unknown.png

We can see a bunch of vials next on the table, right next to where Nomi flying kicks Valdo in second trailer.

unknown.png?width=721&height=298

We also see that, in the closeup of the wall next to Bond, what appears to be the same vials of red and green.

unknown.png

Noting that Safin's lines all have the theme of replacing Bond and somethig to do with his licence to kill and his use of it:

I've made you redundant
    We both kill to make the world a better place
    Your skills die with you, mine will survive long after I'm gone.

And Nomi's realization He will kill millions...

I think Safin could be making a targeted virus/kill gas to target 'bad' people based on their genes while leaving others with incompatible DNA alone, thereby making his own idea of utopia. Hence why in the SPECTRE ball, Bond seems unaffected by the gas while the SPECTRE agents all go down immediately.

I'm getting a little Metal Gear Solid 2 feeling from this - I think NTTD will have an overarching theme of genes vs one's own will and decisions, and this will be the thing that Bond will have trouble processing and what Safin uses to 'get into Bond's head', as the crew have pointed out many times. It'll be about how no one is inherently 'evil', rather what makes us is our decisions and what we do with our life, over our lineage - another pressure point that both Safin and Blofeld could use to manipulate and affect Bond.

(Not to mention Nomi maybe taking the 007 codename and replacing Bond in MI6 - Raiden anyone? :)) )

Good spot, and interesting theory. I've seen the red vial up close.

Ah, I was basing my theory off of MGS2. After all, we've already seen the evil brother plot, as well as location tracking nanomachines :))

I do wonder though, if we are on the right track, would Madeleine be affected by the gas? After all, we know her to have a shady past, a secret and also a criminal father, so would she be affected by it based off her genes, and a reason why Safin is so hellbent on getting her? Even though she has been nothing but a 'good' person trying to get away from her criminal lineage?

Genes vs memories/actions would be something that would be very interesting to explore in Bond.
  • edited September 2020 Posts: 6,665
    Do we reckon those islands, that apparent archipelago on which Safin has his island, is in fact the Kuril? What do you guys think? We have the russian lettering on the base’s walls, the niponic influence,... Could be, right? If if they have filmed it in the Faroe.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuril_Islands
    Univex wrote: »
    Do we reckon those islands, that apparent archipelago on which Safin has his island, is in fact the Kuril? What do you guys think? We have the russian lettering on the base’s walls, the niponic influence,... Could be, right? If if they have filmed it in the Faroe.

2nd Unit and chopper cam filmed at Kalsoy island
    Univex wrote: »

2nd Unit and chopper cam filmed at Kalsoy island

Thanks, @Contraband, but I meant within the film’s narrative, as in Kalsoy standing in for the Kuril. What do you think? A possibility?