No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,341
    The post above about the Aston Martin display is about as relevant to the production of the film as the posts about the release; in fact, far less so.

The thread would be a lot better if members stopped attempting to police it like they are moderators. Just get on with your own posts.

Yeah sorry if I offended anyone by being “negative” or “panicking” (really just speculating lol), but I haven’t been on here for a while, and these production diary threads have always been pretty much anything goes for as long as I can remember. The Spectre one was like that, and this one has been like that.

So at this point, can we not just accept them as general discussion spaces for the upcoming movie? They don’t get the thousands of comments they get from solely talking about production details.

Fine by me, but I only speak for myself! :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I had tickets booked for the IMAX in London so definitely gonna try and get those again whenever I can :)

First time i've heard of 4DX.

Don't do it. At least not for your first viewing!

Have you been to a 4DX film CraigMooreOHMSS ? Any good ?
    edited August 2020 Posts: 2,341
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    isn't today the magical 90 day number before release for when marketing kicks up.
    isn't today the magical 90 day number before release for when marketing kicks up.

I've never heard about that rule.
    If I were them I wouldn't start the next campaign until early October.

Wait and see i suppose...
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    EXCLUSIVE: You've seen the official 007™ Premium Pen:

49722898658_06bd7387cd_o.png

Well now I am happy to report that in No Time to Die, Ben Whishaw's Q uses the classic Sharpie® permanent marker in blue. Q keeps a couple of Sharpies® nearby, while working from his desk at home. Folks, you heard it here first.

50227327963_3cdcffd9f2_o.png
    NTTD_PremiumPen_Box_2048x2048.jpg?v=1594545546

Details. A refillable ballpoint pen with smooth flowing black ink. The pen has a polished metal pocket clip and a retractable push-down action. Presented in a sleek black gift box with a black-on-black No Time To Die gloss print.
  • wetnellywetnelly Nearby
    edited August 2020 Posts: 44
    Not NTTD specific but a MUST for any fans like me who love the Aston V8; check out Thunderballs.org latest picture update for TLD. I think they have added approx 175 photos to the TLD thread and over 50 of them are the glorious V8 resplendent in the Austrian landscape. So many previously unseen pics and that site alone is a godsend for any Bond fan in these times; so many pics made me smile as you can see the actors truly having a blast behind the scenes on all previous films. Roll on November!
    https://www.thunderballs.org/thelivingdaylightsproductionstills?lightbox=dataItem-k9ptmcgm14
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited August 2020 Posts: 14,861
    wetnelly wrote: »
    Not NTTD specific but a MUST for any fans like me who love the Aston V8; check out Thunderballs.org latest picture update for TLD. I think they have added approx 175 photos to the TLD thread and over 50 of them are the glorious V8 resplendent in the Austrian landscape. So many previously unseen pics and that site alone is a godsend for any Bond fan in these times; so many pics made me smile as you can see the actors truly having a blast behind the scenes on all previous films. Roll on November!
    https://www.thunderballs.org/thelivingdaylightsproductionstills?lightbox=dataItem-k9ptmcgm14

I love this one: the actor playing Kara appears to have a moustache :)
    https://www.thunderballs.org/thelivingdaylightsproductionstills?lightbox=dataItem-k9ptmcgl3
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    The post above about the Aston Martin display is about as relevant to the production of the film as the posts about the release; in fact, far less so.

The thread would be a lot better if members stopped attempting to police it like they are moderators. Just get on with your own posts.

Yeah sorry if I offended anyone by being “negative” or “panicking” (really just speculating lol), but I haven’t been on here for a while, and these production diary threads have always been pretty much anything goes for as long as I can remember. The Spectre one was like that, and this one has been like that.

So at this point, can we not just accept them as general discussion spaces for the upcoming movie? They don’t get the thousands of comments they get from solely talking about production details.

Fine by me, but I only speak for myself! :)
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I had tickets booked for the IMAX in London so definitely gonna try and get those again whenever I can :)

First time i've heard of 4DX.

Don't do it. At least not for your first viewing!

Have you been to a 4DX film CraigMooreOHMSS ? Any good ?

Twice. First was down to curiosity, second was because my friend booked it by accident.

Honestly, it's not how I fancy watching a film. It can work for brainless blockbusters (the one I saw intentionally was Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom), but it basically turns the film into a theme park ride.
    Had a very bizarre dream last night about NTTD. Bond was on a motorcycle in a snowy, bright white forest... being chased by a T-Rex, which Safin was somehow able to create. Bond made some quip about dinosaurs going extinct when it fell into a massive, frozen lake. In my version at least, it seems Craig really did end up getting quite the over-the-top entry!!!
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Had a very bizarre dream last night about NTTD. Bond was on a motorcycle in a snowy, bright white forest... being chased by a T-Rex, which Safin was somehow able to create. Bond made some quip about dinosaurs going extinct when it fell into a massive, frozen lake. In my version at least, it seems Craig really did end up getting quite the over-the-top entry!!!

eheh, whatever NTTD turns out to be, you'll appreciate it more now ;)
    Univex wrote: »

eheh, whatever NTTD turns out to be, you'll appreciate it more now ;)

Right?? It was so bizarre. Any complaints about MR or DAD being too much were gone by then XD I’m still cool with the idea of cloning though, if that is indeed in the film.
    Red_Snow wrote: »

I'm very much in this camp these days.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As am I. Movies cost too much these days and I'm even less interested in going out now due to the pandemic. Hell, I pass on pretty much all theatrical runs these days unless it's a must see for me - too much of a gamble and most films don't warrant a visit to the cinemas.
    I think there's a solid chance the movie theaters in my area will close down permanently before NTTD is released regardless. I'm emotionally preparing myself for having to wait for the Blu-ray release.
    Zero chance I'm seeing this in theaters if it comes out in November. Back in March I was all for it but I've seen what this virus has done to people I know, some of whom were previously young and healthy.

I feel for the employees making minimum wage now having to be the mask police.

I hope it comes out in November and then VOD shortly after so I can watch safely at home.
  • NickThunderballsNickThunderballs Australia

It almost seems he's in front of some kind of a window or opened door.
    The same Madeleine's cabane in the forest some years later?
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    It almost seems he's in front of some kind of a window or opened door.
    The same Madeleine's cabane in the forest some years later?

Looks like its the entrance to a bunker or some other concrete building
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Interesting revelation, and interesting to ask us if we're ready to meet Safin, like they're still confident for a November release.
  • edited August 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    As am I. Movies cost too much these days and I'm even less interested in going out now due to the pandemic. Hell, I pass on pretty much all theatrical runs these days unless it's a must see for me - too much of a gamble and most films don't warrant a visit to the cinemas.

Agree. A night out at the cinema is a bit too expensive for my liking, so I only go on very rare occasions. I think I've been to the cinema once or twice since SP in 2015. Waiting 3-4 months and being able to own the film for the same price makes it a no-brainer to skip theatrical runs. As for the situation re. the pandemic, it's (still) under control here, but even so, it's just another reason not to go to the cinema for me.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    I'm very picky about the movies I want to watch at the cinema.

We have a small one were I live, it only has two screens and from all the movies I've seen at a cinema, 95% was there. It's just so cosy and loungy.

I don't need Kinepolis.

I love this picture. I have a great feeling about Safin, and I think he may well end up being the strongest point of this film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    It keeps making me think of Return of the Jedi! :D
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'm still willing to see it in the theater, but I doubt they will feel confident enough to release it in November. I guess we'll see how Tenet and some of these other films perform.

Bond is one of the few must see cinema viewings for me. I'd prefer that movie theaters stick around, but I could definitely live without them.
  • pachazo wrote: »
    I'm still willing to see it in the theater, but I doubt they will feel confident enough to release it in November. I guess we'll see how Tenet and some of these other films perform.

Bond is one of the few must see cinema viewings for me. I'd prefer that movie theaters stick around, but I could definitely live without them.

Think Tenet will do alright, it'll just need longer to make its money - and it's not as if there's any competition.
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base

I love this picture. I have a great feeling about Safin, and I think he may well end up being the strongest point of this film.

I'm so happy to see new material.

Any ideas on what this building may be? It appears that this construct has wood walls, but that's all I can see. Could this be the 'hiding place' as described in scene 201 of the leaked callsheet?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited August 2020 Posts: 4,548
    Contraband wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    Looks like Billy Magnussen to me. He looks to be behind the car which is why you only see part of his face.

Look at his eye. It's giant. And the nose as well. It doesn't look human at all. Something is very odd with that face. Like a dummy of some sort.

u7Pl7jV.jpg

It's a person standing outside the Vantage. Probably just a crew member caught by the camera accidentally during the shoot.

WpzaBln.png

Would be cool if it were a clue, though. Either way, new content is back and I'm happy either way because it means marketing is slowly returning. I can't wait any longer.

If I squint, i can just make out Ash? Altough I think it's way too blurry to really tell - probably just confirmation bias. I would really like to see more of Ash though, because we have not had anything solid about him in-movie, adding to his character's mystique.

Ash for reference:

EWCbJdBXYAAvRom.jpg

It's a reflection of Craig himself. If you look at the right side of the windshield, there is almost a "mirror" like image. They have likely used a reflector panel to help with lighting. And that panel is reflecting trees and then a distorted image of Craig back against that windshield of the car, causing further distortion. If you look closely, you can see the light beige dress shirt in that distorted image.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Just keep corona, cinema opening, vod and similar away from this thread. Pretty simple.

And regarding the AM post: it's relevant since the dealership specifically mentioned that they

I'm so happy to see new material.

Any ideas on what this building may be? It appears that this construct has wood walls, but that's all I can see. Could this be the 'hiding place' as described in scene 201 of the leaked callsheet?

This still is not new. Already published (maybe 3 months ago) but I don't remember if it was in Total film or Empire magazine. The diff. this time is that it's not cropped.