NTTD & Corona

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited July 2020 Posts: 4,343
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I wonder if the producers of NTTD will be waiting to see what happens with Tenet before they make any further moves? Tenet is supposed to come out in several countries next month, but of course no guarantees with how things are. I’m a little surprised NTTD hasn’t just been delayed again yet, but maybe they’re waiting to see how Tenet does first?

It’s possible... Nolan wants to be a lab rat, so let’s see what happens. The situation anyway is very fluid and open to change.
  • Can a decision on NTTD be made as late as early September>
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Can a decision on NTTD be made as late as early September>

In these times, anything is possible. The sooner, the better I'd imagine, especially after the latest move by Tenet.
  • MeetBondMeetBond Mar-a-lago
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    This is what's known as fan entitlement.

Thank you for the brief, accurate assessment of the last few days' worth of content on this thread.

Also, I want Tamahori to stand down from the DAD production. I know the film is finished, but apparently, that doesn't matter.

The difference here is that DAD has already wrapped production.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Unhinged to release August 21st in the US.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited July 2020 Posts: 8,025
    MeetBond wrote: »

Thank you for the brief, accurate assessment of the last few days' worth of content on this thread.

Also, I want Tamahori to stand down from the DAD production. I know the film is finished, but apparently, that doesn't matter.

So is NTTD. It’s in the can as we speak, just waiting for to be released.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator

I've already asked you before in what stage of its production NTTD is, according to you. You continue to avoid the question. We're dealing with a finished film, yet you keep claiming otherwise. But until you can tell us, very specifically and with hard and indisputable evidence, how far away from a finished product the film is, your claims are speculative at best, and most likely just attempts at stirring things up for the sake of it. You also like to hint at having "inside information", which impresses no-one here since you're not the first one who tries to convince us of the validity of his own wishful thinking by acting out the "I know more than you all" role, always failing to provide substantial evidence.

So far, you've only been repeating yourself while avoiding increasingly more challenging questions. Your claims are laughable and your personal bias is showing. You set up an account here, but rather than introduce yourself properly and calmly explore this fan community, you threw yourself into the mix like it's nobody's business with your caustic attitude towards the people making the next Bond film and your ludicrous self-importance. You walk into a place built by actual fans, spewing nothing but vitriol over how things are being handled right now, pretending to know better than those actually involved how a Bond film should be made, all the while suggesting you're a big fan yourself, yet also conceding that you're all but done with the series. Well, I've never seen such a negative "fan". You furthermore present yourself as the "entitled fan", the spoiled consumer who feels like creators owe him whatever his heart desires and who continues to self-justify those claims by invoking all sorts of fallacies, like how the money we pay for a ticket also entitles us to a vast array of "goods", a high enough output and, if needs be, a total re-organization in the higher ranks of the company behind the Bond films. A real Bond fan would be grateful for the decades and dozens of Bond film that were given to us already, never taking another one for granted, never demanding "more" like an insatiable consumer. A real Bond fan actually enjoys being a Bond fan and doesn't engage in a private battle with the creators of the next film because they're not supplying him fast enough. A real Bond fan doesn't do that because it signals that what we've gotten already simply doesn't mean anything to him; he just wants the next thing, and fast, or else!

But in the end, you've got nothing going for you apart from being a broken record, and the type of opinionated wiseacre who enjoys making fallacious statements and advocating dismissals of filmmakers because they're not making your fanboy dreams come true. And in a blatant attempt at concealing your lack of credibility, you resort to the most transparent of all desperate tricks: the "inside word" wink-wink.

Why don't you find some Internet space where you can team up with others who would pick a user image that mocks Craig as Bond, where you can rally behind the "fan entitlement charter" and get cranky all you want? You'd be so much happier amongst other grumpy promoters of falsities. This is a Bond fan community, where we celebrate the advent of another Bond film, not criticise the filmmakers like we're better and wiser than them. Here, we actually look forward to another film instead of crying "fire so-and-so" before we've even seen the film. And we don't need those mysterious "insiders" to tell us that.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2020 Posts: 15,690
    @MakeshiftPython @DarthDimi You bunch of amateurs, isn’t it obvious that Fukunaga will get fired and replaced by Ridley Scott so they can reshoot all the Daniel Craig scenes with Aidan Turner as Bond instead, without missing the November release date? ;-)
  • 007InAction007InAction Australia
    edited July 2020 Posts: 2,353
    @MakeshiftPython @DarthDimi You bunch of amateurs, isn’t it obvious that Fukunaga will get fired and replaced by Ridley Scott so they can reshoot all the Daniel Craig scenes with Aidan Turner as Bond instead, without missing the November release date? ;-)

Dc is not too happy with that thought. :)>-

Ed9NGQFXgAAH3BU?format=jpg&name=large

From news reports a vaccine might be available well into next year at the earliest.

With thousands of people dying everyday who really cares about NTTD's delayed release ?

Dc is not too happy with that thought. :)>-

Ed9NGQFXgAAH3BU?format=jpg&name=large

From news reports a vaccine might be available well into next year at the earliest.

With thousands of people dying everyday who really cares about NTTD's delayed release ?

This pic is the perfect summation of the current state of Bond films. Craig looks miserable and wishes he was dead, while wasting time and god knows how much money “training” for a scene that ultimately looked like garbage in the film. Inside word is that NTTD was no different, with Fukunaga adding what was called a “poisonous” element to the “already toxic” on set chemistry. Only Fiennes Harris and Whishaw are popular with the crew. Purvis and Wade and apparently persona non grata.

Darth Dimi, you don’t seem the understand that DAD is nearly 20 years old. There would be no point now in calling for Tamahori to stand down - his career is already DOA. Fukunaga is - or was - hot property until the NTTD fiasco. That’s why studio bosses are calling for his head. For a pound of flesh. The only thingkeeping Fukunaga afloat is the fact nobody has seen the finished product yet.

Inside word is he is scrambling to sign on to a new project - once NTTD drops (or IF it drops), nobody will touch him with a barge pole. See Josh Trank.
    @MeetBond you need to provide proof.
    Proof that Eon are hall of fame bunglers? Just look on your Blu Ray shelf - are there any new Bond movies on it?

I have a daughter starting school in a few months who wasn’t even alive when Spectre came out. I don’t understand the urge to defend Eon so strongly. They are not our friends - in fact inside word is Barbara looks on us all with contempt. Wilson understands the fanbase but is out to lunch. Fukunaga is poison and made for a toxic match with Craig. Same goes for Campbell, only Campbell delivered a film on schedule and on budget.
    tenor-1.gif
    edited July 2020 Posts: 8,025
    Proof that Eon are hall of fame bunglers? Just look on your Blu Ray shelf - are there any new Bond movies on it?

I have a daughter starting school in a few months who wasn’t even alive when Spectre came out. I don’t understand the urge to defend Eon so strongly. They are not our friends - in fact inside word is Barbara looks on us all with contempt. Wilson understands the fanbase but is out to lunch. Fukunaga is poison and made for a toxic match with Craig. Same goes for Campbell, only Campbell delivered a film on schedule and on budget.

Wilson made Blofeld into Bond’s foster brother. He actually thought the fan base would LOVE that. I don’t think he understands the fan base that well...
    All right you are correct here - USED to understand the fan base. :) And like I said, out to lunch. Sidelined. Yesterday’s man. He is likely victim #1 when the fallout from NTTD hits and Universal starts calling for scalps. An easy mark to feed to the sharks. But the war drums are pounding for Fukunaga and his resignation from NTTD is now very much in order.

Inside word is he is not wanted on any press tour after his deeply unprofessional appearance on the disastrous livestream. There are calls for Mr Fukunaga to resign before any press tour can begin. But at this stage, there won’t be a press tour - all cinemas are closed and all will be out of business by the time this is over.

The last any of you will have seen of Mr Bond on the bigscreen is the finale of Spectre - and you have Mr Fukunaga to thank for that.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    @MeetBond you are among friends here chap.
    None of what you’ve posted makes any sense, or logic.
    No studio is going to fire a director after the film is finished and is only awaiting release. And the only reason NTTD hasn’t been released yet is because of a worldwide pandemic.
    You’ve claimed to have ‘inside knowledge’ and have been asked to provide details to prove this, yet again you fail to do this.
    Seems Mr.Cellophane would be a more apt name for you.
    I have inside knowledge that @MeetBond is actually full of it. Mark my words. It's only a matter of time.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I have inside knowledge that @MeetBond is actually full of it. Mark my words. It's only a matter of time.

You mean to tell me, there’s a useful four letter word?
    :D
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    He’s just a troll and as I already said no one should take him seriously. Just ignore him.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    matt_u wrote: »
    He’s just a troll and as I already said no one should take him seriously. Just ignore him.

+1 I really don't understand why can't people just ignore?
    Inside word says he’s definitely a troll :))
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    It's amazing that he has lasted so long. Just get rid of him.
    If only we could get rid of corona.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yeah, if only.

I'm almost in tears laughing at this, amazed that people are responding to him, it's only going to egg him on.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Yeah, I think corona should stand down. It's not too much to ask, is it. But word on the inside is it's planning to stay with us for at least another year. I blame Barbara Broccoli. Let's have her fired;

;-)
    Yeah, I think corona should stand down. It's not too much to ask, is it. But word on the inside is it's planning to stay with us for at least another year. I blame Barbara Broccoli. Let's have her fired;

;-)

When I read that I imagined it coming out of the mouths of Beavis & Butthead - 'Yeah she's fired, uh, uh, uh'.
    DCF396-C4-B056-4422-BA5-D-F491-CDF78742.gif
  • edited July 2020 Posts: 97
    Fukunaga is poison and made for a toxic match with Craig. Same goes for Campbell, only Campbell delivered a film on schedule and on budget.
    Literally NOT A SINGLE delay can be attributed to Fukunaga. You are now just trolling.
    The last any of you will have seen of Mr Bond on the bigscreen is the finale of Spectre - and you have Mr Fukunaga to thank for that.

Help me understand your thinking. What EXACTLY are you blaming Fukunaga for? As far as I can see it, EON are the forces of evil and Fukunaga is the force of good. (Yes, I am exaggerating, but I really do not like EON.) He didn't do a single thing that jeopardized NTTD or the franchise. Quite the opposite and he will be remembered as the savior of NTTD and the Craig era.
    All right you are correct here - USED to understand the fan base. :) And like I said, out to lunch. Sidelined. Yesterday’s man. He is likely victim #1 when the fallout from NTTD hits and Universal starts calling for scalps. An easy mark to feed to the sharks. But the war drums are pounding for Fukunaga and his resignation from NTTD is now very much in order.

Inside word is he is not wanted on any press tour after his deeply unprofessional appearance on the disastrous livestream. There are calls for Mr Fukunaga to resign before any press tour can begin. But at this stage, there won’t be a press tour - all cinemas are closed and all will be out of business by the time this is over.

Crazy person alert. Looked at your weird little posts. What on earth are you doing here? None of it makes sense other than to troll and piss fans off. You need a hobby, mate. Or a shrink.