What you miss in 007 these days?

Comments

• edited May 2012 Posts: 12,837
    I miss the big, spectacular looking sets. DAD had the last one, it might've been a bad film but the Ice Palace imo was just as good as the sets like the space station or the volcano lair.
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 1,492
    actonsteve, on the other hand, is only able to post 100% anti-Brosnan posts and 100% pro-Craig posts..... not once I have seen him say something positive on PB or something negative on DC....... sorry but it is getting very tiresome to see him post the same thing over and over again. Whenever you see his name in a Craig thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% positive comment, and when you see his name in a Brosnan thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% negative comment.

temper-tantrum-girl-425ds061609_getty.jpg

There there...
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2012 Posts: 4,455
    Gunbarrel At the Start.

Older Bond girls/count of Bond girls/more cars. QOS have 3 Bond girls and iam happy the Astin Martin be destroyd..

DAD ice palace whas a nice try, i mis those or like the satelite in Goldeneye. TMND and Twine are oke, QOS hotel boring.

Locations outside of Europe, Twine very original/very good. GE/TMND Good/Very Good. CR be Good, Bad and Ugly. DAD = Cadiz = bad, Iceland = Oke. QOS, good Italy Car Chase can have been better. Skyfall = India whas good, More England very good , Turkey & China, first see.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,692
    actonsteve wrote:

There there...

posting silly pictures as arguments ? :)) how typical. everytime a Craig fanboy is questioned, he resorts to posting silly pictures..... =))

you are a broken record @actonsteve. what else can you post apart from Craig adoration and Brosnan complaints ? how many times do you have to criticize Brosnan and worship Craig ? I don't know if I'm the only one, but I for one am tired of your endless comments that always convey the same message.. it's borderline trolling, as some people like to call it...... OK we understand you hate PB and love DC.... PLEASE move on to something else....
    Traditional gunbarrel, references to Bond's past in the Royal Navy (in the Craig era I don't recall nobody calling him Commander), and more snobbery, like showing his ridiculously exaggerated expertise in wines, food and drinks.
    [
    you are a broken record @actonsteve. what else can you post apart from Craig adoration and Brosnan complaints ? how many times do you have to criticize Brosnan and worship Craig ? I don't know if I'm the only one, but I for one am tired of your endless comments that always convey the same message.. it's borderline trolling, as some people like to call it...... OK we understand you hate PB and love DC.... PLEASE move on to something else....

Actually, I'd say the picture was pretty apt. When children dont get their own way they throw tantrums, start screaming and shouting. You dont seem to be able to cope with another persons right to post such things. You may not agree with them but I have a right to post them.

If you dont agree with them then produce counter arguments. Show me where I am wrong - dont go the personal abuse route.

I am withdrawing from this argument before the mods step in.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    what you do is called trolling, actonsteve..... you post the same thing over and over again. apart from your love of DC and hatred of PB, I don't see you posting other opinions or messages. you are entitled to your opinions and views, but please don't post them constantly. we know your views on these 2 actors by heart, why don't you finally move on to something else ? how many more times do you have to tell us you worship Craig and hate Brosnan ?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    actonsteve wrote:
    actonsteve, on the other hand, is only able to post 100% anti-Brosnan posts and 100% pro-Craig posts..... not once I have seen him say something positive on PB or something negative on DC....... sorry but it is getting very tiresome to see him post the same thing over and over again. Whenever you see his name in a Craig thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% positive comment, and when you see his name in a Brosnan thread, you automaticly know it will be a 100% negative comment.

There there...

But @DC007, we expect nothing but good things about Moore from you! You can't comment on anyone else's 100% love for a Bond actor when you yourself love Moore 200% and likely have shrines dedicated in the man's honor. And Craig IS top notch, so I settle with @actonsteve on this one. It isn't a mark of his ignorance, but good taste indeed.
    sorry to disappoint, @0Brady, but I don't have Sir Rog shrines..... just a large portrait picture of him on my door next to a picture of Sir Sean in 'The Untouchables' and Liam Neeson in 'Taken' !!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    sorry to disappoint, @0Brady, but I don't have Sir Rog shrines..... just a large portrait picture of him on my door next to a picture of Sir Sean in 'The Untouchables' and Liam Neeson in 'Taken' !!

I don't think you got the point of my post...

I was told off by the mods for posting too many anti-Craig comments, so since then I try to post more positive posts on him...... while actonsteve has been constantly posting the same things over and over again for some time now...... I guess making endless 'pro-DC' and anti-PB comments is acceptable here, but anti-DC comments are not OK.....

I was told off by the mods for posting too many anti-Craig comments, so since then I try to post more positive posts on him...... while actonsteve has been constantly posting the same things over and over again for some time now...... I guess making endless 'pro-DC' and anti-PB comments is acceptable here, but anti-DC comments are not OK.....
    I am referring to the fact that you come out enraged at people who are too pro a Bond actor, like @actonsteve with DC, yet all you post are pro Roger comments and I have never heard you say a good thing about Dan as Bond either. Sounds hypocritical to me.

I have said numerous times that as a 'film', I find CR to be a very good film...... and I do not post solely pro-Roger comments...... in fact I have not commented on Sir Rog many times in recent times..... I comment on all Bond's and Bond films..... yet I only see actonsteve make his usual pro-DC and anti-PB comments.......
  • echoecho 007 in New York

To lighten up the thread a bit:

"But I don't want to play Vesper's daughter!"

I have said numerous times that as a 'film', I find CR to be a very good film...... and I do not post solely pro-Roger comments...... in fact I have not commented on Sir Rog many times in recent times..... I comment on all Bond's and Bond films..... yet I only see actonsteve make his usual pro-DC and anti-PB comments.......
    As a "film", but not as a "Bond film", which is what counts. And you like Dan, but not as Bond! That is what I am getting at, and I must have entered this forum too late, because I have not seen one negative comment on Moore's Bond from you.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Well, all I'll say is. I love all the Bond actors. They've all had their moments of brilliance, moments of straight forward functionality, and moments that are less than impressive. When you're in a role like this that has to balance so many elements, stuff is bound to happen that will impress some fans and discourage others. It happens. There's no point fighting over it. If you think the Brosnan bashing is bad here, try spending some time on the IMDB boards. In fact, it's one of the reasons I have spent more time here than there in the past month. Can't we all just get along?
  • edited May 2012 Posts: 172
    what i miss in 007 these days?

i miss the classic and sexy title sequence showing silhouettes of nude or provocatively clad women set against swirling images...
    At least one of the two things I miss are returning for Skyfall: Q and a male M.

Could we not call a roumer true untill its confirmed by Eon or by the film it's self. It's really starting to bug me.
    chuck007 wrote:
    what i miss in 007 these days?

i miss the classic and sexy title sequence showing silhouettes of nude or provocatively clad women set against swirling images...

Agreed, though CR lacked that and was the best title sequence since the Binder days, and my personal favorite.
    Virage wrote:
    At least one of the two things I miss are returning for Skyfall: Q and a male M.

Could we not call a roumer true untill its confirmed by Eon or by the film it's self. It's really starting to bug me.

Or it is an outright spoiler, which is much worse. [-(
    actonsteve wrote:

There there...

But @DC007, we expect nothing but good things about Moore from you! You can't comment on anyone else's 100% love for a Bond actor when you yourself love Moore 200% and likely have shrines dedicated in the man's honor. And Craig IS top notch, so I settle with @actonsteve on this one. It isn't a mark of his ignorance, but good taste indeed.

To be fair, DC posted some positive stuff about Craig and SF in the SF trailer thread, while I've never seen actonsteve praise Brosnan.
    actonsteve wrote:

There there...

To be fair, DC posted some positive stuff about Craig and SF in the SF trailer thread, while I've never seen actonsteve praise Brosnan.

Oh and the thread that he stood up for Craig's funny faces by posting every frame of the Pain face.
    Virage wrote:
    Oh and the thread that he stood up for Craig's funny faces by posting every frame of the Pain face.

if you ever want to see them again.... give me call ;)
    Virage wrote:

if you ever want to see them again.... give me call ;)

NO!!!!!
    Actually, the thread is asking what people miss, if Steve doesn't miss anything why post at all? Unless he just wants to stick his thumb in our eye.

Can there be one thread where the DC cultists don't rule?
    I will try to give Brosnan a better deal, but I just don't think his Bond is very good.

Its going to be hard work.

[strains]
    I feel the exact same way about Craig. So, we accept that and try to find common ground. If we're both secure in our opinions being right, then we don't need to convert each other...
    I miss memorable henchmen! I dont miss the jokey Roger Moore era!
    LeChiffre wrote:
    I miss memorable henchmen! I dont miss the jokey Roger Moore era!
    HERE, HERE!
    actonsteve wrote:

[strains]

A glass of warm water with fresh lemon juice usually does the trick, failing that prune juice.