Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    talos7 wrote: »
    Yes, too late now.

He's a great Wolverine, so I guess the question would be, would we have wanted Jackman as Bond and not Wolverine?

I don't care as much about the X-Men franchise, but he was great there for sure. Especially in Logan. Would have lost that had he been Bond.

Ford as Indiana Jones, Han Solo, Jack Ryan.

Jackman as James Bond, Wolverine, no problem. ;)

Fair enough, but it's obviously a problem for EON. A one off here and there is fine, but two franchises is one too many.
    Possibly.
    I wonder what EON’s restrictions, or
    “ suggestions “ are for theirs leads when it comes to other franchises?
    I would think that as long as it isn’t a spy film they’re ok with it.What if The Golden Compass ., Cowboys vs Aliens or the Spider series had taken off?

Was Cowboys hoped to have sequels? I wasn't aware of that.

I would imagine they're fine with their lead being in other films or even other series, but they'd look less kindly on them taking other big roles comparable to Bond, if you see what I mean. Spy films... well Tailor of Panama. I expect Roger probably did some sort of spy film at some point too, didn't he?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    mtm wrote: »
    Yes, too late now.

He's a great Wolverine, so I guess the question would be, would we have wanted Jackman as Bond and not Wolverine?

I don't care as much about the X-Men franchise, but he was great there for sure. Especially in Logan. Would have lost that had he been Bond.

Fair enough, but it's obviously a problem for EON. A one off here and there is fine, but two franchises is one too many.
    Possibly.
    I would think that as long as it isn’t a spy film they’re ok with it.What if The Golden Compass ., Cowboys vs Aliens or the Spider series had taken off?

I would imagine they're fine with their lead being in other films or even other series, but they'd look less kindly on them taking other big roles comparable to Bond, if you see what I mean. Spy films... well Tailor of Panama. I expect Roger probably did some sort of spy film at some point too, didn't he?

It may not have been intended as a franchise but had it been a huge hit, is there little doubt that there would have been sequels?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Yes, too late now.

Possibly.

Quite a few through the 70s. North Sea Hijack being one. Though he wasn't really a spy, more of a consultant. Rog also had the distinction of, as we all know, being Simon Templar, which obviously wasn't a small thing either.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 175
    Anyone know anything about the actor Leo Suter? He is 26 (turning 27 in 3 months), so he'd have to age into the role a bit I suppose. From London, 6'2.

1580714050_1_Leo%20Suter%201.jpg

ABO+LEO+SUTER+01-1.jpg

ABO+LEO+SUTER+03.jpg

(More pictures from the photo shoot that the last two pics came from.)

He does have kind of a lower voice too.

Edit: Tried to get the video to start at 2:48, but it doesn't seem to be doing it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    What’s he been in?
  • Not a whole lot--a few recent period drama tv shows. Victoria, Sandition, and a show called Beecham House, where I think he's one of the main characters along with Tom Bateman (who was mentioned as a candidate a few pages ago). He's done some stage acting as well, including a few Shakespeare plays. I haven't seen him in anything. Maybe I'll check out an episode of Beecham House.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I struggle to imagine it as I’m not familiar with him as an actor, but he’s certainly got the time to prove himself.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,131
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don’t think anyone championing the concept of a younger actor or an actor of colour are that beyond reason...

That’s cool. You don’t, but some do.

Well they'd be wrong.

Well that’s not a fact. I disagree.

Move on.

You can disagree, but you’d be wrong. And I also don’t think that calling anyone ‘beyond reason’ just because you disagree with them fits with being ‘polite and respectful’.

I’m wrong in your opinion, it’s not a fact. I continue to disagree.

Move on.
  • DrClatterhandDrClatterhand United Kingdom
    He already looks and sounds beyond his age, which is ideal. He looks masculine and ruggedly handsome. Best suggestion I've seen on here in a long time.
    My pick is Aidan Turner and I'll leave it at that. I just don't really see someone else who comes close. Alas. Carry on gents.

I must say I’ve not seen any compelling arguments to the contrary with some of the more ‘left field’ suggestions. I also think Turner seems to ‘fit’ the part.
    He already looks and sounds beyond his age, which is ideal. He looks masculine and ruggedly handsome. Best suggestion I've seen on here in a long time.

I agree. Well done.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I think the only actor I would trust with the role now, as certain people will be too old for Bond 26, is Aidan Turner. In second place I have Callum Turner since he is tall enough, but needs to grow up more before he is in serious contention.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,841
    I think the only actor I would trust with the role now, as certain people will be too old for Bond 26, is Aidan Turner. In second place I have Callum Turner since he is tall enough, but needs to grow up more before he is in serious contention.
    I think if they were casting tomorrow Aidan would be be a serious contender, but I also think he may be too old by the time Bond 26 actually casts anyone. Although @Mendes4Lyfe, I completely agree that Callum has potential.

Do you select them alphabetically?
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    It's hard to imagine that many of the names mentioned wouldn't be potentially tested for Bond, when Daniel Craig hangs up his shoulder holster.
    Of course there is a but. Who knows what direction the next Bond will take, what the producers have in mind, who the producers might be, who the distributor might be.
    Will the next Bond be an actor out of left field as Daniel Craig was? Will he be a safe choice akin to Brosnan?
    Time will tell. Though not for a while.
    Benny wrote: »
    It's hard to imagine that many of the names mentioned wouldn't be potentially tested for Bond, when Daniel Craig hangs up his shoulder holster.
    Of course there is a but. Who knows what direction the next Bond will take, what the producers have in mind, who the producers might be, who the distributor might be.
    Will the next Bond be an actor out of left field as Daniel Craig was? Will he be a safe choice akin to Brosnan?
    Time will tell. Though not for a while.

Oh look, the only sane post in 659 pages :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Not a whole lot--a few recent period drama tv shows. Victoria, Sandition, and a show called Beecham House, where I think he's one of the main characters along with Tom Bateman (who was mentioned as a candidate a few pages ago). He's done some stage acting as well, including a few Shakespeare plays. I haven't seen him in anything. Maybe I'll check out an episode of Beecham House.

Ah okay, I’ll check him out, thanks. Certainly looks in the right sort of area, if his agent hasn’t put his name forward I’d get a new one!
    :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited June 2020 Posts: 14,861
    I don’t think anyone championing the concept of a younger actor or an actor of colour are that beyond reason...

Well they'd be wrong.

Move on.

You can disagree, but you’d be wrong. And I also don’t think that calling anyone ‘beyond reason’ just because you disagree with them fits with being ‘polite and respectful’.

Move on.

Yes, it is a fact, you’re wrong. Unless you’re suggesting that it’s respectful to others’ opinions to call them ‘beyond reason’ because you don’t agree with them.

I suggested we should ‘disagree and move on’ so we can be respectful of others. You’re using it for exactly the opposite purpose.
    My pick is Aidan Turner and I'll leave it at that. I just don't really see someone else who comes close. Alas. Carry on gents.

I must say I’ve not seen any compelling arguments to the contrary with some of the more ‘left field’ suggestions. I also think Turner seems to ‘fit’ the part.

Apart from not being British, and you’ve told us many times that it’s impossible for a non-Brit to do the accent, so he must be out too.

Well they'd be wrong.

Move on.

Move on.

Yes, it is a fact, you’re wrong. Unless you’re suggesting that it’s respectful to others’ opinions to call them ‘beyond reason’ because you don’t agree with them.

I suggested we should ‘disagree and move on’ so we can be respectful of others. You’re using it for exactly the opposite purpose.

Apart from not being British, and you’ve told us many times that it’s impossible for a non-Brit to do the accent, so he must be out too.

Yawn.
    I struggle to imagine it as I’m not familiar with him as an actor, but he’s certainly got the time to prove himself.

Me too and agreed. Certainly looks the part @HarmonyRockets.

Great voice too. As @DrClatterhand said; the best suggestion I've seen on here in a long time.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 175
    Not a whole lot--a few recent period drama tv shows. Victoria, Sandition, and a show called Beecham House, where I think he's one of the main characters along with Tom Bateman (who was mentioned as a candidate a few pages ago). He's done some stage acting as well, including a few Shakespeare plays. I haven't seen him in anything. Maybe I'll check out an episode of Beecham House.

Ah okay, I’ll check him out, thanks. Certainly looks in the right sort of area, if his agent hasn’t put his name forward I’d get a new one!
    :)

I just realized you can watch all of the episodes of Beecham House on the PBS website. I've already watched the first two. There's a good chance the videos are blocked outside of the US though.

Not surprisingly Suter does seem like a good actor from what I've watched so far. He basically plays an upperclass, cocky, womanizing lady's man. The only real negative for me is that he's a bit young.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 1,661
    Univex wrote: »
    Can we please have a Netflix Ian Fleming's James Bond straight adaptation of the novels with this guy? Set in the 50s, of course. With lots of smoking, sex and gratuitous yet stylish violence. He's 40 now. So now's the time to do it. David Arnold, who is always up to it, could score it with original themes. There would be a recurring title sequence with slightly adapted details according to the episode. Wouldn't that be something?

7319709fb7ab8a4e85ff6f54a110c3f1.jpg
    David-Gandy-for-Autograph.jpg
    M%26S+David+Gandy+Tailoring+Collection+5.jpg

7-1931-bentley-4-litre-supercharged-tourer-1531855337.png

Oh yes, @Univex. That makes me giddy!

Is this guy British and has he ever acted?
    A 60’s era series with him is intriguing.

Ubber British. He's the best known and first male supermodel. He has directed some stuff and I reckon he could act. He's a big Jaguar/classic car enthusiast, has run the mille miglia twice, and is known to be a good chap. And he has the voice for it.

I say, get Moffat and Gatiss to adapt the novels for TV format (yes, yes, I'm aware of the risks here), get Murray Gold for the music, get the Bentley Blower, an array of brilliant British TV supporting actors and actresses, heck, get Dame Bassey for the song. Cmon, just do it.

Damn, I want this man’s life! 😁

This guy looks more like Bond than David Gandy - and he's British.

Net Geek.

rsz-1new.jpg

Stronger side profile too:

2-60.jpg

Can he act? Who knows, but there's guys out there with a stronger look for Bond than Gandy. Net Geek looks more like Bond than Gandy albeit with softer eyes, perhaps. Eon and MGM would never risk an unknown. Invest millions on a guy with no prior acting experience? Can't see it.

If there is a guy with a strong look let him pursue acting and then try out. If Gandy wanted a chance at Bond he'd pursue acting. He doesn't want to which is his right. And anyway, Gandy is not the default look for Bond. Someone like Net Geek (perhaps with less feminine eyes) imho closer to the classic Bond look anyway.

Permission to puke, sir?!
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    Can we please have a Netflix Ian Fleming's James Bond straight adaptation of the novels with this guy? Set in the 50s, of course. With lots of smoking, sex and gratuitous yet stylish violence. He's 40 now. So now's the time to do it. David Arnold, who is always up to it, could score it with original themes. There would be a recurring title sequence with slightly adapted details according to the episode. Wouldn't that be something?

Ubber British. He's the best known and first male supermodel. He has directed some stuff and I reckon he could act. He's a big Jaguar/classic car enthusiast, has run the mille miglia twice, and is known to be a good chap. And he has the voice for it.

I say, get Moffat and Gatiss to adapt the novels for TV format (yes, yes, I'm aware of the risks here), get Murray Gold for the music, get the Bentley Blower, an array of brilliant British TV supporting actors and actresses, heck, get Dame Bassey for the song. Cmon, just do it.

Net Geek.

rsz-1new.jpg

2-60.jpg

Can he act? Who knows, but there's guys out there with a stronger look for Bond than Gandy. Net Geek looks more like Bond than Gandy albeit with softer eyes, perhaps. Eon and MGM would never risk an unknown. Invest millions on a guy with no prior acting experience? Can't see it.

If there is a guy with a strong look let him pursue acting and then try out. If Gandy wanted a chance at Bond he'd pursue acting. He doesn't want to which is his right. And anyway, Gandy is not the default look for Bond. Someone like Net Geek (perhaps with less feminine eyes) imho closer to the classic Bond look anyway.

Is this you? :P
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 6,673

Net Geek.

rsz-1new.jpg

2-60.jpg

Net Geek is a legendary troll. A Craignotbond high ranked officer who made more hell here than Panchito, I kid you not. If @fanbond123 were Net Geek, he'd be long gone, with a foot up his derrière.

Net Geek.

rsz-1new.jpg

2-60.jpg

Net Geek is a legendary troll. A Craignotbond high ranked officer who made more hell here than Panchito, I kid you not. If @fanbond123 were Net Geek, he'd be long gone, with a foot up his derrière.

This guy dares to be part of Craignotbond.net with that strong hairline!! Ha ha ha!
    What a throwback! I wonder how he's doing... must be in his 40s now. Too old for Bond. Oh well.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Net Geek.

rsz-1new.jpg

2-60.jpg

This made me laugh so hard. Thank you.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    To quote M, "what I see, frightens me."
    Jared Kushner as Bond.