Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    edited June 2020 Posts: 8,505
    EDIT: I thought we were to put @talos7 's choices in order of who we would audition.

In that case:

Madden
    Hoult

No one else. My imagination is failing to stretch since I can't really see beyond Craig. So these two will be the best I can do until Craig is well out of the picture.

Using Talos's choices:

Hoult
    Clafin
    Hemsworth
    Turner

Handy (liked his still pics. Not so much for the Jag commercial...)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Sorry lads, I already have it sewn up.

13246316_10206720422905354_5472349578834791302_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=fUUeCvw4FWMAX_GagUT&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=673399bd045372d9274b7b9ae896bba3&oe=5F1A01A2
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have read that Craig screentested with that very FRWL scene along with three others the same day. And that those were Henry Cavill, Goran Visnjic and Sam Worthington. Can someone confirm that?
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    peter wrote: »
    EDIT: I thought we were to put @talos7 's choices in order of who we would audition.

In that case:

Madden
    Hoult

No one else. My imagination is failing to stretch since I can't really see beyond Craig. So these two will be the best I can do until Craig is well out of the picture.

Using Talos's choices:

Hoult
    Clafin
    Hemsworth
    Turner

Handy (liked his still pics. Not so much for the Jag commercial...)

Hey @peter , no not my picks, who would be your’s at the moment?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I edited it @talos7 -- only the top two mildly interest me. But as I said in my post, my imagination doesn't really stretch beyond Craig at the moment. Until he's way out of the way, I can't take anyone too seriously.

It's a condition I have called the Craig-Blocker.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited June 2020 Posts: 2,541
    Why the hell not?
    I thought it was supposed to be “our” screen tests, and I was making a bit of a joke out of it, for fun.
    I’ll tell you now my RP is shit, but what do I care? Thought this was all for fun.

Prepare yourselves for an absolute knock out of a screen test from me. I've been practising for years. ;)

We should make a thread where a bunch of forum members go through the screen test, and post the videos, for a laugh. ;)

That would be hilarious. Great idea.

Community members in towel with a fake gun aiming at a girl, what a lovely sight would that be 😆.
    Still mine are:
    1) Aidan Turner
    2) Theo James
    3) Richard Madden
    4) Hugh Jackman
    5) James D'Arcy
    I have read that Craig screentested with that very FRWL scene along with three others the same day. And that those were Henry Cavill, Goran Visnjic and Sam Worthington. Can someone confirm that?

I think it was some combination of those guys, as well as Alex O'Laughlin and Julian McMahon.
    Start with this.

I think it was some combination of those guys, as well as Alex O'Laughlin and Julian McMahon.

Was McMahon seriously considered? I always understood only his fanbase and McMahon wanted McMahon.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,526
    Thanks to "lorna99" for the report. I feel like any one of us could send them anything at all and they'd report it.

Wait, that article is from 2005, before Craig was cast. :P

I remember reading that in'05. Glad Craig got the role.
    I struggle picking as many as five for a screen test. This is the best I could do (in no particular order, other than Evans, who's by far my preferred choice):

1. Luke Evans
    2. Tom Hiddleston – I know, I know, not an ideal pick, but I have no issue seeing him as a Roger Moore type Bond.
    3. Aidan Turner – He was alright in And Then There Were None. Poldark didn't leave much of an impression, but neither did the show itself.
    4. Henry Cavill – One of a selected few actors I'd have no issue whatsoever being picked for Bond. IMO, the "safe choice".
    5. *Insert suitable candidate here* – There's really no standout fifth candidate for me. Might as well mention David Gandy for his looks. To quote @talos7: Why not? Dan Stevens and Tom Hughes are the only other names I can think of at the moment. No other names mentioned on this thread interest me much, really.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    ToTheRight wrote: »

I remember reading that in'05. Glad Craig got the role.

The only worthy one of those. I was behind him as soon as I read he was considered.
    1. Madden
    2. Hoult
    3. Claflin
    4. Turner
  • peterpeter Toronto
    1. Madden
    2. Hoult
    3. Claflin
    4. Turner

yeah-- I can go with that, and the first two are the ones I placed as well. But still-- Craig... NTTD... I REALLY would like to see this swan-song before anyone is actually a serious contender.

I know who'd be at the bottom of my list (A. Turner and Hiddleston... (but between these two, Turner would kick Hiddleston in his thin-lipped grin)), I just don't have any clear favourites at the top.

No one has grabbed me-- perhaps like Craig grabbed a lot of us with LC-- and said, I'm the new Bond coz I'm cool, rugged, sexy, masculine and dangerous.

That's quite depressing to think of actually... I know A. Turner has a great physique, but leaves me cold in the cool, rugged and dangerous categories (and at times he flies a little bit into the melodrama theatrics of scowling and gritting of the jaw, squinting of the eyes..........).

Hiddleston: I'm just cold on. Period.

Hoult has charm, has the frame to be a savage, but rugged and dangerous...? I don't know. But I like him immensely.

Madden: has something. I can see him being rugged and cool with a sexy element... and he has the potential to be dangerous.

All my opinions. And, as I freely submit: until Craig is out of the picture, no one is a serious contender in my eyes.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,131
    Ludovico wrote: »

Was McMahon seriously considered? I always understood only his fanbase and McMahon wanted McMahon.

For me he’s Australian, so it’s a ‘no’. But I understand why he was considered. Tall, dark, cool, can play suave, physically imposing.....he fits the mould. The Nip/ Tuck role showed women loved him too....or rather he suited that persona. Physically he is Bondian. Christian Troy was a suave, cold character.....who you could see converting into Fleming’s Bond. He’s a believable lady’s man.

Unlike some recent ‘candidates’ put forward on the forum.....
    peter wrote: »
    1. Madden
    2. Hoult
    3. Claflin
    4. Turner

yeah-- I can go with that, and the first two are the ones I placed as well. But still-- Craig... NTTD... I REALLY would like to see this swan-song before anyone is actually a serious contender.

I know who'd be at the bottom of my list (A. Turner and Hiddleston... (but between these two, Turner would kick Hiddleston in his thin-lipped grin)), I just don't have any clear favourites at the top.

No one has grabbed me-- perhaps like Craig grabbed a lot of us with LC-- and said, I'm the new Bond coz I'm cool, rugged, sexy, masculine and dangerous.

That's quite depressing to think of actually... I know A. Turner has a great physique, but leaves me cold in the cool, rugged and dangerous categories (and at times he flies a little bit into the melodrama theatrics of scowling and gritting of the jaw, squinting of the eyes..........).

Hiddleston: I'm just cold on. Period.

Hoult has charm, has the frame to be a savage, but rugged and dangerous...? I don't know. But I like him immensely.

Madden: has something. I can see him being rugged and cool with a sexy element... and he has the potential to be dangerous.

All my opinions. And, as I freely submit: until Craig is out of the picture, no one is a serious contender in my eyes.

I understand where you're coming from, @peter, the hypotheticals are still just that while we still have the real deal with a film coming out soon!
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @CraigMooreOHMSS — you said it:

“the real deal”

He’s delivered. And then some.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,980
    A bit off topic, but I’m watching CR, damn, Bond should have made a little time for the receptionist at The Ocean Club .

Carry on...
    talos7 wrote: »
    A bit off topic, but I’m watching CR, damn, Bond should have made a little time for the receptionist at The Ocean Club .

Carry on...

Yes, yes, yes.
    I think it would behoove Barbara to look at all the excellent Asian and Afro-British talents that are coming out of the British system rn. If she wants to appeal to a 21st century audience she needs to cast more diverse bodies and sexualities. They need to look at the new blockbuster videogame The Last of Us 2 to see how to expertly implement 21st century reality in a fantasy story.
    I think it would behoove Barbara to look at all the excellent Asian and Afro-British talents that are coming out of the British system rn. If she wants to appeal to a 21st century audience she needs to cast more diverse bodies and sexualities. .

So a new, original character.

Interesting...

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator

Carry on...

I like the little flirtatious scene between Bond and the Ocean club receptionist.
    I think it's nice as it is. Though a little more time with her wouldn't be the worst thing. ;)
    Certainly would've given the film a more Connery, Lazenby, Moore tone. A Bond who'll bed any girl, whenever he wants.
    Moving on...
    Five submissions for Bond #7

1. Nicholas Hoult
    2. Tom Hughes
    3. Tom Hiddleston (though possibly nearing the too old stage)
    4. Richard Madden (He's a little on the shorter side though)
    5. Aidan Turner
    I think it would behoove Barbara to look at all the excellent Asian and Afro-British talents that are coming out of the British system rn. If she wants to appeal to a 21st century audience she needs to cast more diverse bodies and sexualities. .

Interesting...

lol, you know that's not what he was talking about.

Interesting...

😏

Interesting...

😏

Yeah, it seems some men just want to watch the world burn.

Fortunately, we don't agree. Moving on ;)
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,131

Interesting...

I assumed it was a joke or a funny turn ;)

For Bond I disagree, for the wider cast, fine.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    I think it would behoove Barbara to look at all the excellent Asian and Afro-British talents that are coming out of the British system rn. If she wants to appeal to a 21st century audience she needs to cast more diverse bodies and sexualities. They need to look at the new blockbuster videogame The Last of Us 2 to see how to expertly implement 21st century reality in a fantasy story.

Feels like a strong possibility, yeah.
    They need to look at the new blockbuster videogame The Last of Us 2 to see how to expertly implement 21st century reality in a fantasy story.

How does the game do that, just out of interest? I'm not a gamer but I've heard mixed things about it from a narrative point of view. It seems to be marmite.