Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited June 2020 Posts: 6,677
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Univex wrote: »
    Nice idea, @talos7.

1. Luke Evans - Might only work for one or two films at his age (if that), but I still need to see him on screen as Bond.
    2. Aidan Turner - Not my favourite, for sure, but he has qualities that are good for Bond and it'd be interesting to see him try the role on screen.
    3. Richard Madden - One of the only mainstream frontrunners I liked.
    4. David Gandy - Yes he's a model and has very little acting experience, but on the very small chance he could shine as Bond... it'd be too good to pass up.
    5. NickTwentyTwo - F*** it, this may be my only chance to play Bond!!!

Superb list, @NickTwentyTwo.

@NickTwentyTwo what’s your English/ British accent like? Ha ha ha! ;)

Good list, apart from the model you picked!

Yeah you're right, OHMSS was trash. ;)

Connery was a milk man, a lorry driver, an artist's model for the Edinburgh College of Art, a coffin polisher and a bodybuilder.

So why not a model? ;) Besides, too much acting chops can give us cringeworthy moments as well. SP is full of them, IMO.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Dalton as bond for one final film de age him And give us 1991's The Property of a lady

Brilliant. But there's no need to de age him. He's perfectly fine now.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Nice idea, @talos7.

1. Luke Evans - Might only work for one or two films at his age (if that), but I still need to see him on screen as Bond.
    2. Aidan Turner - Not my favourite, for sure, but he has qualities that are good for Bond and it'd be interesting to see him try the role on screen.
    4. David Gandy - Yes he's a model and has very little acting experience, but on the very small chance he could shine as Bond... it'd be too good to pass up.

Connery was a milk man, a lorry driver, a labourer, an artist's model for the Edinburgh College of Art, a coffin polisher and a bodybuilder.

So why not a model? ;)

Ok. All good points both. But why hasn’t it happened then, that’s what I’m questioning?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,527
    Nice idea, @talos7.

No no no, Gandy's cool. He'd make for an iconic Bond. Too late for that, though.

@Univex. Yes, he’s cool, yes he looks like a Bond. But can he act? If he can, why hasn’t he done it? It would be a ‘Licence to print money’ for him. I’m dubious mate.

You're right to be dubious. But in today's climate everyone would have been *very, very* dubious of Lazenby, and look what we got.

All I'm saying is, he could surprise you! And he checks so many other boxes, why not give him a try?

@suavejmf, to answer your question of "why hasn't it happened yet?", it's for the same reason it would never happen for Lazenby today. Nobody takes any chances anymore.
    Nice idea, @talos7.

Connery was a milk man, a lorry driver, an artist's model for the Edinburgh College of Art, a coffin polisher and a bodybuilder.

So why not a model? ;) Besides, too much acting chops can give us cringeworthy moments as well. SP is full of them, IMO.
    Dalton as bond for one final film de age him And give us 1991's The Property of a lady

Yes!!!! Tim looks great these days.
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Nice idea, @talos7.

Yes!!!! Tim looks great these days.

if Keaton can come back why not Dalton!
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,131
    Nice idea, @talos7.

No no no, Gandy's cool. He'd make for an iconic Bond. Too late for that, though.

@Univex. Yes, he’s cool, yes he looks like a Bond. But can he act? If he can, why hasn’t he done it? It would be a ‘Licence to print money’ for him. I’m dubious mate.

You're right to be dubious. But in today's climate everyone would have been *very, very* dubious of Lazenby, and look what we got.

All I'm saying is, he could surprise you! And he checks so many other boxes, why not give him a try?

What I meant was. If he can act, why hasn’t it happened yet? Studios must have been all over him surely.

If he can act....fine....great pick.
    Nice idea, @talos7.

Because they want baby Bond now. A skinny emo cute guy. Or a mini Craig. Or a hooligan. Or who knows what? God forbid them to choose a guy because he looks like the Bond from the books. That would be sacrilege. It's Idris Elba people want.
    Nice idea, @talos7.

What I meant was. If he can act, why hasn’t it happened yet? Studios must have been all over him surely.

Well, we'll never know, will we? ;) The man's too old now, despite being younger than Brosnan in GE. Oh well...
    Nice idea, @talos7.

What I meant was. If he can act, why hasn’t it happened yet? Studios have been all over him surely.

Fair points, and he has done a little acting, so maybe he is trash at it.

I'd still include him in my list of screentests!
    Nice idea, @talos7.

What I meant was. If he can act, why hasn’t it happened yet? Studios have been all over him surely.

Fair points, and he has done a little acting, so maybe he is trash at it.

I'd still include him in my list of screentests!

Agreed.
    Hey, @NickTwentyTwo, let's include ourselves in that list of screentests, shall we? I reckon we deserve a chance? After all, my accent is flawless. How's yours? If Chalamet can do it, why can't us? I did a bit of acting back in the day...Oh damn, yeah, back in the day. I'm probably too old for it as well. Damn.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited June 2020 Posts: 4,247
    Yeah, Gandy has the 'Bond look' and could pull it off with the right director. But the main problem is, he's 40, which shouldn't be a problem, if Cubby & Harry were still in Charge....But with Barbara and Michael's recent Slow-Burn style of Churning out Bond films, Gandy might end up doing Two Bond films in 10yrs, Coz once he's 50...he'll step down.
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Yeah, Gandy has the 'Bond look' and could pull it off with the right director. But the main problem is, he's 40, which shouldn't be a problem, if Cubby & Harry were still in Charge....But with Barbara and Michael's Slow-Burn style of Churning out Bond films, Gandy might end up doing Two Bond films in 10yrs, Coz once he's 50...he'll step down.

Hence my idea of a TV high value production series, staring Gandy as Bond in the 50s ;)
    Wouldn't interfere with the cinema Bond.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Yeah, Gandy has the 'Bond look' and could pull it off with the right director. But the main problem is, he's 40, which shouldn't be a problem, if Cubby & Harry were still in Charge....But with Barbara and Michael's Slow-Burn style of Churning out Bond films, Gandy might end up doing Two Bond films in 10yrs, Coz once he's 50...he'll step down.

Hence my idea of a TV high value production series, staring Gandy as Bond in the 50s ;)
    Wouldn't interfere with the cinema Bond.

Yeah, wouldn't that be something?....Very Dreamy Prospect.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Here you go @talos7

1. Sam Claflin
    2. Callum Turner
    3. Aaron Taylor-Johnson
    4. Sean Teale
    5. Ben Aldridge
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,131
    Hey, @NickTwentyTwo, let's include ourselves in that list of screentests, shall we? I reckon we deserve a chance? After all, my accent is flawless. How's yours? If Chalamet can do it, why can't us? I did a bit of acting back in the day...Oh damn, yeah, back in the day. I'm probably too old for it as well. Damn.

Count me in too. Ha ha ha!
    Why the hell not?
    I thought it was supposed to be “our” screen tests, and I was making a bit of a joke out of it, for fun.
    I’ll tell you now my RP is shit, but what do I care? Thought this was all for fun.

Count me in too. Ha ha ha!
    Why the hell not?
    I thought it was supposed to be “our” screen tests, and I was making a bit of a joke out of it, for fun.
    I’ll tell you now my RP is shit, but what do I care?

;)
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Why the hell not?
    I’ll tell you now my RP is shit, but what do I care? Thought this was all for fun.

Prepare yourselves for an absolute knock out of a screen test from me. I've been practising for years. ;)
    Why the hell not?

Prepare yourselves for an absolute knock out of a screen test from me. I've been practising for years. ;)

We should make a thread where a bunch of forum members go through the screen test, and post the videos, for a laugh. ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Why the hell not?

We should make a thread where a bunch of forum members go through the screen test, and post the videos, for a laugh. ;)

That would be funny
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited June 2020 Posts: 45,489
    Why the hell not?

That would be hilarious. Great idea.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I going to start holding Tatiana auditions for my screentest 😁
    talos7 wrote: »

:)) I was thinking about that too
    talos7 wrote: »

:)) I was thinking about that too

Me too
    :D
    sadly Hilary duff wont get back to me on being my tatiana hmm Nick do you have her new number?
    sadly Hilary duff wont get back to me on being my tatiana hmm Nick do you have her new number?

She told me she changed it when you got ahold of it ;)
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 9,779

She told me she changed it when you got ahold of it ;)

well there is only Caity Lotz lol

Remember enjoy Hilary Duff in the... wait it's a family site just start rhyming and you should get it.
  • sandbagger1sandbagger1 Sussex
    Dan Stevens
    Henry Cavill
    Tom Hiddleston
    Aidan Turner
    Nicholas Hoult
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Michael Fassbender
    Michiel Huisman
    Tom Hardy
    Theo James
    Neil Breen
    I don’t particularly see him as Bond, but I suppose it would be a shame to deny Tom Hardy a screen test, at least. Love him.