No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    As much as some people on here seem to be fueled by pessimism

The fact that that you couldn't resist this jab just goes to show that you're just being a bit of a dick, now.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

If another delay happens, it should be indefinite. Setting another date would be pointless because there's no way of knowing what the situation will be like when that day comes. I hope EON are smart enough to know that.

If another delay happens, it should be indefinite. Setting another date would be pointless because there's no way of knowing what the situation will be like when that day comes. I hope EON are smart enough to know that.

Nothing is promised but a couple friends who are doctors really do believe, based upon what they’ve read and have been told, that a vaccine will be available by January of 2021.

NTTD is a direct sequel of SP with many returning characters. The bigger the gap between the two films, the worse NTTD will perform and the less relevant it will be. A 5 year gap is already big enough, and I don't think they can afford a fourth delay. There have to be discussions about a VOD release if they won't be able to release it in theaters this year.
  • NTTD is a direct sequel of SP with many returning characters. The bigger the gap between the two films, the worse NTTD will perform and the less relevant it will be. A 5 year gap is already big enough, and I don't think they can afford a fourth delay. There have to be discussions about a VOD release if they won't be able to release it in theaters this year.
    I don't think it will necessarily perform worse because of the gap but otherwise I agree with you. The gap between films is already big enough as it is - if this was the first film for a new actor, a large gap between films wouldn't matter as much. For a direct sequel like this, I do wonder how much casual audiences will remember SP and how much that affect their enjoyment of the film and subsequent ticket sales.
  • I'm confident for November but if not, then VOD should be considered at that point.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,834
    [removed]
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    A couple of months ago I suggested late spring 2021 as a realistic release date for the film. Let’s see what happens. February is still too close.

Yes, just over 7 months from now is way too soon from now to see what happens.

You seem to underestimate the financial perspective.
  • In what way am I underestimating it?
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 2,436
    The_Return wrote: »
    NTTD is a direct sequel of SP with many returning characters. The bigger the gap between the two films, the worse NTTD will perform and the less relevant it will be. A 5 year gap is already big enough, and I don't think they can afford a fourth delay. There have to be discussions about a VOD release if they won't be able to release it in theaters this year.

It won't go to VOD it will go to 2021 before any consideration of VOD, VOD would be the very very very last resort.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Yeah what’s 6 years compared to 5 years. Not really that big of a deal. From a production standpoint. They are both stupidly long considering the film is a sequel.
  • jabalijabali Los Angeles
    Remembering Spectre's plot is a nonissue. Even the most casual audience member will be able to infer that Madeleine was Bond's love in the last movie and Blofeld is the big bad. It's not even a matter of exposition within the film, it's easy to put those pieces together in the first trailer alone.

I suppose a "brother" line (if they even choose to acknowledge that) might confuse for a moment, but it's really not going to put a damper on anyone's enjoyment. Hopefully the film won't be delayed again, so that it's even less of a problem.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Unhinged has been delayed to July 31st, 2020.
    Mulan has been delayed to August 21st, 2020.
    Bill & Ted 3 has been delayed to August 28th, 2020.
    Without Remorse has been delayed to February 26th, 2021.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 31
    is it confirmed?
    James Bond’s ‘assassin daughter is getting her own spy franchise by Killing Eve writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11860070/james-bond-dad-no-time-to-die-mathilde/
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    pattabra wrote: »
    is it confirmed?
    James Bond’s ‘assassin daughter is getting her own spy franchise by Killing Eve writer Phoebe Waller-Bridge

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/11860070/james-bond-dad-no-time-to-die-mathilde/

Pure tabloid trash

is my opinion or the dude who sold the callsheet on ebay..sold the same sheet more and more time to make more money? maybe he photocopied the same sheet more time..?
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Ah yes, a spy franchise starring a five year old little girl in the title role.
    is my opinion or the dude who sold the callsheet on ebay..sold the same sheet more and more time to make more money? maybe he photocopied the same sheet more time..?

He had 18 different uploads. And I have them all saved for later.
    Walecs wrote: »
    Ah yes, a spy franchise starring a five year old little girl in the title role.

that s what the article by the sun was saying... i dont know... just asking

GettyImages-1173447339-683x1024.jpg?v=1415847
    white shoes for bond
    have you seen this footage?
    this should be the girl "mathilde" running in the snow
    Immagine1.jpg
    here s the video footage from youtube

have you seen this footage?
    this should be the girl "mathilde" running in the snow
    Immagine1.jpg
    here s the video footage from youtube

Very old news my friend.

The girl is actually Madeleine as a young girl, age 12-13, with Safin chasing after her in Norway.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 3,018
    white shoes for bond

Not as Bond, but as himself. This is from the photocall with Lea and director Cary in Matera one day before they began shooting with the actors in Italy.

Contraband wrote: »

The girl is actually Madeleine as a young girl, age 12-13, with Safin chasing after her in Norway.
    how do you know that she is actually madeleine? just asking because i'm curious, lol

how do you know that she is actually madeleine? just asking because i'm curious, lol

The producers said so in some interview if I'm not mistaken.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    white shoes for bond

Not as Bond, but as himself. This is from the photocall with Lea and director Cary in Matera one day before they began shooting with the actors in Italy.

Such a fantastic look.
    white shoes for bond

Such a fantastic look.

She's just gorgeous
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    white shoes for bond

Such a fantastic look.

She's just gorgeous

I was actually referring to Craig, but agreed!
    white shoes for bond

Such a fantastic look.

She's just gorgeous

I was actually referring to Craig, but agreed!

Yeah I know you did.. Haha

Anyone think Bond should have a dog accompany him in missions? The B-Dog. Infiltration doggo.