No Time to Die production thread

Comments

I think movie theaters are now a thing of the past and most will close down permanently before NTTD opens.
    All future Bond films will be watched by fans on their smart phone screens.

Just kidding.

I'm not holding my breath however, and kind of wish Eon would recast, start production on B26 and have it ready by the time NTTD opens so we get two Bond films simultaneously.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    In Europe almost all countries opened their cinemas beginning as early as early May. Nothing bad happened yet. The UK will be the last country to re-open next week.
    So Europa should be a safe market for Mulan and Tenet.

"Nothing bad happened yet."
    What are you talking about?

No Corona outbreak.

Last week, Europe saw an increase in weekly cases for the first time in months. 30 countries in Europe had recorded resurgences of the deadly virus. In 11 of these countries, accelerated transmission has led to very significant resurgence that if left unchecked will push health systems to the brink once again in Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2020/jun/25/coronavirus-live-news-who-warns-of-global-oxygen-shortage-as-cases-rise-by-1m-per-week
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    In Europe almost all countries opened their cinemas beginning as early as early May. Nothing bad happened yet. The UK will be the last country to re-open next week.

No Corona outbreak.

Ah, so you're saying that the three people that I know personally who died because of it, one of whom was someone I worked with a lot, actually didn't die from it? Good to know.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I’m sure the government will put money before human lives, but you won’t catch me in the cinemas until I know it’s safe - lockdown or no lockdown.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

No Corona outbreak.

Glad to know everything that happened since March has been fake news. Can you tell us your thoughts on NTTD since you saw it in April? Was it a proper send-off for Craig Bond?

I think that Jan1985 meant that reopening the cinemas had no negative consequences on the current situation.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Walecs wrote: »

No Corona outbreak.

Glad to know everything that happened since March has been fake news. Can you tell us your thoughts on NTTD since you saw it in April? Was it a proper send-off for Craig Bond?

I think that Jan1985 meant that reopening the cinemas had no negative consequences on the current situation.

Sarcasm, my dear @Walecs. ;-)
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited June 2020 Posts: 7,526
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    I think movie theaters are now a thing of the past and most will close down permanently before NTTD opens.

Just kidding.

I'm not holding my breath however, and kind of wish Eon would recast, start production on B26 and have it ready by the time NTTD opens so we get two Bond films simultaneously.

I know you were kidding, but I love this dichotomy that people either watch films on the cinema, or they watch films on their iPhones. No in between. :P

I think we still need theatres. What we don’t need anymore is big box cineplexes that charge $50 for a film and some snacks.

Just kidding.

I know you were kidding, but I love this dichotomy that people either watch films on the cinema, or they watch films on their iPhones. No in between. :P

I think we still need theatres. What we don’t need anymore is big box cineplexes that charge $50 for a film and some snacks.

One thing I really miss are the luxury theatres of the golden age that were still around in the '80s. I remember seeing TLD in a giant one screen cinema complete with a balcony, enormous curtains and an old school atmosphere. The same two years later with LTK, and that atmosphere added to the overall experience.

Just kidding.

One thing I really miss are the luxury theatres of the golden age that were still around in the '80s. I remember seeing TLD in a giant one screen cinema complete with a balcony, enormous curtains and an old school atmosphere. The same two years later with LTK, and that atmosphere added to the overall experience.

@ToTheRight Did you feel you were like Dalton watching Kara's concert before 'assassinating' Koskov? ;-)

Just kidding.

We still have a couple good theatres in Vancouver that evoke this sort of "golden era" of cinemas; would hate to lose those.

Just kidding.

@ToTheRight Did you feel like Dalton watching Kara's concert before 'assassinating' Koskov? ;-)

Exactly! Those specific scenes in a luxury cinema really brought into that film's world.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    The_Return wrote: »
    NTTD is pretty much the only movie with a release date set for this year that cannot be delayed again. Why? Because it has already been delayed 3 times. Delaying a James Bond movie four times would be incredibly humiliating for everyone involved.

Lol what are you talking about?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The film will come out when it comes out. I’ll be there either way :)
    The_Return wrote: »
    NTTD is pretty much the only movie with a release date set for this year that cannot be delayed again. Why? Because it has already been delayed 3 times. Delaying a James Bond movie four times would be incredibly humiliating for everyone involved.

To think this is to be totally oblivious to everything going on in the world.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Walecs wrote: »

No Corona outbreak.

Sarcasm, my dear @Walecs. ;-)

My bad :P

Just kidding.

I saw every Bond movie since OP in the same cinema and screen, The Savoy,its main number 1 screen is terrific. Because of competition from the nearby Omniplex, it made the decision to turn it into 2 screens (despite a petition that i put my name to!)
    Really disappointed that I wasnt going to see NTTD there! Was mulling over where to see it when the Coronavirus hit!

No Corona outbreak.

???
    I said there is no known case of corona because of a cinema visit since theatres re-opened in Europe.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    echo wrote: »
    With the increased virus counts in big states like CA and TX, I don't expect Tenet to open in July. What that means for NTTD is too soon to tell.

Conventional wisdom would suggest this is the case...however, the US are adamant about reopening in spite of the science.

Um, no. The smart governors are being slow and cautious.

• TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    We're still 4+ months away. So much can happen between now and then--not that the virus will go away, but we are finding promising treatments (to help patients get better faster). Safety measures that businesses are using also seem to be improving. We'll see.
    TripAces wrote: »
    We're still 4+ months away. So much can happen between now and then--not that the virus will go away, but we are finding promising treatments (to help patients get better faster). Safety measures that businesses are using also seem to be improving. We'll see.

The problem isn't only finding promising treatments, but also slowing down the spread of the virus. The US are breaking daily new cases records on a daily virus in several states. Until they somehow manage to slow it down, the US box office will remain closed. And as long as it remains closed, big budget films won't be coming out. Not forgetting about a potential second wave of the pandemic that could happen around the time NTTD comes out. So in 2+ months things could get better, but in 4 months from now the situation could get dramatically worse again.

We've already used the lockdown card. To avoid using it again, we'll have to shut down certain sectors of the economy (cinemas, theaters, stadiums, concert venues, etc). If things do get so bad that another lockdown is the only option, we will have a lot more to worry about than seeing the latest James Bond film, as the world economy will completely go down the drain.
    Until they somehow manage to slow it down, the US box office will remain closed. And as long as it remains closed, big budget films won't be coming out. Not forgetting about a potential second wave of the pandemic that could happen around the time NTTD comes out. So in 2+ months things could get better, but in 4 months from now the situation could get dramatically worse again.

That’s the point. China is struggling to re-open theaters even tho they knew about the virus - regardless what they say - since let’s say October. The US and South America seem to have lost control of the situation. Europe is facing a rising of cases after months. By November the new coronavirus will mix and hide alongside the seasonal flu and its goin to be tricky to track it and control its spread and as a deterrent theaters will be one of the first activities to close again. It’s frankly... inevitable.

Last night I had a dream where NTTD was bought by some company, let’s say Apple or Netflix, at a monster price and they released it on VOD.
    In a way the fact that Fukunaga became a name in the industry for both Beasts of No Nation (I believe the first adult art house film bought by Netflix and released simultaneously online and theatrically back in 2015) and arguably one of the best TV dramas of the past 20 years (TD Season 1) gave a little sense at the overall scenario.
    matt_u wrote: »
    Until they somehow manage to slow it down, the US box office will remain closed. And as long as it remains closed, big budget films won't be coming out. Not forgetting about a potential second wave of the pandemic that could happen around the time NTTD comes out. So in 2+ months things could get better, but in 4 months from now the situation could get dramatically worse again.

That’s the point. China is struggling to re-open theaters even tho they knew about the virus - regardless what they say - since let’s say October. The US and South America seem to have lost control of the situation. Europe is facing a rising of cases after months. By November the new coronavirus will mix and hide alongside the seasonal flu and its goin to be tricky to track it and control its spread and as a deterrent theaters will be one of the first activities to close again. It’s frankly... inevitable.

Last night I had a dream where NTTD was bought by some company, let’s say Apple or Netflix, at a monster price and they released it on VOD.
    In a way the fact that Fukunaga became a name in the industry for both Beasts of No Nation (I believe the first adult art house film bought by Netflix and released simultaneously online and theatrically back in 2015) and arguably one of the best TV dramas of the past 20 years (TD Season 1) gave a little sense at the overall scenario.

And even if somehow Europe keeps the outbreak under control this fall, NTTD won't be coming out until the US box office is near full capacity. With the way things are going, this is looking increasingly unlikely. And so is @Pierce2Daniel's suggestion to release NTTD in February 2021. It will probably need to be pushed to a much later 2021 date.

And even if somehow Europe keeps the outbreak under control this fall, NTTD won't be coming out until the US box office is near full capacity. With the way things are going, this is looking increasingly unlikely. And so is @Pierce2Daniel's suggestion to release NTTD in February 2021. It will probably need to be pushed to a much later 2021 date.

A couple of months ago I suggested late spring 2021 as a realistic release date for the film. Let’s see what happens. February is still too close.

A couple of months ago I suggested late spring 2021 as a realistic release date for the film. Let’s see what happens. February is still too close.

In 2021 we could have a great occasion to get a summer Bond release again. IMO it would be a great way to end the Craig era with the first summer Bond film in 30+ years.

In 2021 we could have a great occasion to get a summer Bond release again. IMO it would be a great way to end the Craig era with the first summer Bond film in 30+ years.

Yes or summer too. In my mind I was thinking about late May. Ending the Craig era 50 years after Connery’s last (EoN) outing as 007.
  • A couple of months ago I suggested late spring 2021 as a realistic release date for the film. Let’s see what happens. February is still too close.

Yes, just over 7 months from now is way too soon from now to see what happens.
  • We're still 4+ months away. So much can happen between now and then--not that the virus will go away, but we are finding promising treatments (to help patients get better faster). Safety measures that businesses are using also seem to be improving. We'll see.

Thank you, thank you! I completely agree with you on this. As much as some people on here seem to be fueled by pessimism and think that things are bound to get worse no matter what, I'm staying positive about this.
    As much as some people on here seem to be fueled by pessimism

?
    think that things are bound to get worse no matter what

Numbers don't lie. No matter how much you repeat the opposite.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869
    It’s better to be safe than sorry.