No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• I don't. The cinema is the one thing (apart from seeing some old school friends) that I've missed during this lockdown and I'll be going again as soon as I can - even if it's to see an old film that I've never watched before on the big screen.
    Only thing I hope for is enforced handwashing in the gents. The amount of guys I've seen who use the urinals and don't wash their hands afterwards (or just slightly rinse them and think that that's enough) is ridiculous. Just as bad as my previous job working in an office for a water company - shocking standards of hygiene that I had to raise an official complaint about.

I can't wait to go again - hopefully once a month to make up for lost time. I haven't been since my birthday in December!
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I think it’s too soon.

I fear it is, too.
    I wonder why they don t release other trailers..
    Like trailer version 2 or 3....
    No other video footage until november...?!
    It seems a bit odd..what are your thoughts.?
  • phantomvicesphantomvices Mother Base
    pattabra wrote: »
    I wonder why they don t release other trailers..
    Like trailer version 2 or 3....
    No other video footage until november...?!
    It seems a bit odd..what are your thoughts.?

Probably waiting until closer to the date so that our speculating and hype around it is more timely and we aren't left hanging. Wait till around September probably.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Films that are coming out much sooner still don’t have other trailers, so I wouldn’t expect one for No Time to Die just yet.
    Films that are coming out much sooner still don’t have other trailers, so I wouldn’t expect one for No Time to Die just yet.

King's Man just got theirs the other day ;)

The next month - should cinema reopenings and the release of Tenet/Mulan go ahead as planned - is going to bring a ton, and I mean a ton of stuff for the remainder of the year. I'd be shocked if No Time To Die doesn't take the opportunity to be placed on Tenet...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869
    antovolk wrote: »

The next month - should cinema reopenings and the release of Tenet/Mulan go ahead as planned - is going to bring a ton, and I mean a ton of stuff for the remainder of the year. I'd be shocked if No Time To Die doesn't take the opportunity to be placed on Tenet...
    Tenet maybe, but I can’t see us getting anything sooner than that.

And as much as I’m looking forward to The King’s Man, I think they may have jumped the gun too.
    antovolk wrote: »

Tenet maybe, but I can’t see us getting anything sooner than that.

And as much as I’m looking forward to The King’s Man, I think they may have jumped the gun too.

I mean, sure it's a month away but I think everyone's preparing their trailers to be ready for when cinemas reopen in just a couple of weeks time. That everything that's screening on reopening, be it the older films, the Inception re-release, Mulan, Tenet, has fresh new looks at what's to come. And with the amount of films due and overdue for trailers, they obviously have to be careful to not overload launches...like there was a week in June a couple years ago when there were over 20 major trailers launched!
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    With the increased virus counts in big states like CA and TX, I don't expect Tenet to open in July. What that means for NTTD is too soon to tell.
    echo wrote: »
    With the increased virus counts in big states like CA and TX, I don't expect Tenet to open in July. What that means for NTTD is too soon to tell.

Conventional wisdom would suggest this is the case...however, the US are adamant about reopening in spite of the science. As foolhardy as it seems, I think cinemas will re-open in July/August in the USA.

in other news, I've been looking over old NTTD photos and really feel that whilst the costumes are the weakest of the Craig era, this shot might be the best of Craig as Bond...I love it a lot

knives-out-daniel-craig.jpg
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,690
    Conventional wisdom would suggest this is the case...however, the US are adamant about reopening in spite of the science. As foolhardy as it seems, I think cinemas will re-open in July/August in the USA.

New York confirmed recently that cinemas in their state won't reopen until Mid-August at the earliest. Several other states have no plans no reopen cinemas in July.

China is also starting to think their cinemas could stay closed nation-wide until September/early October. They tried reopening them 3 times, only to shut them down immediately after. And we are back to them having no timetable for another reopening attempt. Last it took them over 2 months to try again. A similar timespan brings us to September.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Malls-gyms-movie-theaters-won-t-open-in-New-15360768.php

https://deadline.com/2020/06/china-movie-theaters-no-re-opening-timetable-cannes-1202968332/

How can Tenet/Mulan open in such conditions, beats me.

Also, Covid-19 cases in the USA are currently surging in 26 states. New York, which is not one of those 26, won't reopen cinemas for another 1.5 months. If Nolan wants his film to be one of the biggest flops in history, its his call.
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 440
    How can Tenet/Mulan open in such conditions, beats me.

Also, Covid-19 cases in the USA are currently surging in 26 states. New York, which is not one of those 26, won't reopen cinemas for another 1.5 months. If Nolan wants his film to be one of the biggest flops in history, its his call.

Technically, it isn't. Only WB has the power to dictate when and how the film will open but up til now, they've been playing nice with Nolan because of their close partnership.

But if cases continue to rise and more and more places decide to lockdown again, I wouldn't be shocked to see the movie pushed back again, even if some places are open and Nolan wants the release to go ahead.

Don't expect the movie calendar to have any sense of stability until we reach mid to late summer at the earliest.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Talking of New York, the 2020 N-Y marathon has just been canceled. It was due to take place on November 1st (4 months from now).
  • edited June 2020 Posts: 1,407
    Talking of New York, the 2020 N-Y marathon has just been canceled. It was due to take place on November 1st (4 months from now).

Makes sense. That attracts a BIG crowd of people. Shouldn't affect NTTD one way or another.

Here in Chicago we canceled all of our summer events (lollapalooza ect) but theaters are re-opening July 10th with older films to be shown first before Tenet. We'll see what happens. We've also had several pop up drive ins open up in the last few weeks
    In Europe almost all countries opened their cinemas beginning as early as early May. Nothing bad happened yet. The UK will be the last country to re-open next week.
    So Europa should be a safe market for Mulan and Tenet.
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    In Europe almost all countries opened their cinemas beginning as early as early May. Nothing bad happened yet. The UK will be the last country to re-open next week.

Except cinema attendance is very low still. You can't release a $200 million buget film in such conditions, that's begging for Tenet to flop. As long as USA (and China) still remain mostly closed, it will be very tough to release blockbuster films.

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2020 Posts: 8,028

"Nothing bad happened yet."
    What are you talking about?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited June 2020 Posts: 5,869
    [removed]
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    No Time to Die will be the #1 ranked movie in theaters on its (eventual) release. I'm calling it.
    ef3693531f8fe00b0354a41c91c6ef76f771c6ae.png

The next major delay for a big budget film is imminent: Disney are set to abandon the July 24th release for Mulan. Christmas 2020 seems the likeliest option for them.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mulan-late-july-release-date-jeopardy-1287110
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Really hope the movie will stick to the November release..
    As someone who's getting less and less optimistic about this film, this is a huge glimmer of hope: https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a32953997/no-time-to-die-movie-soundtrack-score-james-bond/
    If Bond can’t make it on time, probably no other big films will this year (if they did it would be the last month of the year). I’ve been and still am pretty concerned yet another delay is imminent. It’s a shame because there’s so much about this film I’m looking forward to, but who’s to say when or if I’ll get to see it!

No Corona outbreak.

No Corona outbreak.

Glad to know everything that happened since March has been fake news. Can you tell us your thoughts on NTTD since you saw it in April? Was it a proper send-off for Craig Bond?
    NTTD is pretty much the only movie with a release date set for this year that cannot be delayed again. Why? Because it has already been delayed 3 times. Delaying a James Bond movie four times would be incredibly humiliating for everyone involved.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    The_Return wrote: »
    NTTD is pretty much the only movie with a release date set for this year that cannot be delayed again. Why? Because it has already been delayed 3 times. Delaying a James Bond movie four times would be incredibly humiliating for everyone involved.

Four times a charm ;)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    To be honest, my main concern right now is keeping plot details under wraps, as we approach November....even if November's release date isn't Written in Stone. So we don't learn more about pivotal plot elements. Because we are Ardent Bond fans....once any detail is out, it's out and we'll see it.
    The_Return wrote: »

It’s only humiliating for those that think changes in release date is a bad omen of some sort. We’re in the middle of a pandemic. Everyone is shuffling release dates. It is what it is.

I think the November release is going to hinge on how well the US handles its COVID-19 surges over the next month or two. For a Bond film, China may be an expendable market but the US gross is not.

New York officially delays the reopening of movie theaters until late July at the earliest.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-postpones-reopenings-of-malls-movie-theaters-and-gyms-11593033187