Coming Soon To Consoles! - The Upcoming Games Thread

Comments

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,334

Definate purchase for me.

Mud Runner was a good games (I loved the mud physics), Snow Runner is definitely on my list to buy at some point.
    Assassin's Creed Valhalla trailer

I still have not finished Origins.

I am currently stuck in a river on Mud Runner, when I go back to the game will have to restart that level... again lol. The physics are great makes the game quite involving.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited May 2020 Posts: 784
    RIP Naughty Dog - Last of Us 2
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada

I've not checked out the leaks but based on some comments I've read on YT, sounds like people are quite angry with regards to the story. Not sure how justified those opinions are though.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't get the outrage over the leaks. Their practices as a business are disgusting, however.
    Agent_47 wrote: »

I've not checked out the leaks but based on some comments I've read on YT, sounds like people are quite angry with regards to the story. Not sure how justified those opinions are though.

Speculation they went full WOKE...
  • Agent_47Agent_47 Canada

I'm just going to assume everyone is being ridiculous about this whole thing. People were outraged over the Left Behind DLC for the original and I can safely say that it was not warranted. I will take the wait and see approach on this one.

Woke is an empty word that has lost all meaning now. They're telling a story and I don't care what agenda they may or may not have.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »

Woke is an empty word that has lost all meaning now. They're telling a story and I don't care what agenda they may or may not have.

It is what it is. They went down a path they thought was right. It's a bold strategy and we will see if it pays off for them.

From the sounds of it though, a lot of people have already cancelled their pre-orders and will not buy.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    edited May 2020 Posts: 1,257
    New trailer inbound!

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2020 Posts: 23,334

Brutal, I may have to get this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'll definitely be avoiding The Last Of Us 2 after those leaks. Those story decisions sound awful and the "wokeness" or whatever people are complaining about doesn't bother me in the slightest, but rather character decisions and motivations. $60 saved.

I see the first two Mafia titles are getting a proper remaster, though, I can't wait to play those, though I'm not sure why the second game will be released next week, months before the first one is, but oh well.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Looks like Call of Duty is heading to the Cold War this year:

https://www.ign.com/articles/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-2020-leak
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2020 Posts: 13,894

Mud Runner was a good games (I loved the mud physics), Snow Runner is definitely on my list to buy at some point.

I am currently stuck in a river on Mud Runner, when I go back to the game will have to restart that level... again lol. The physics are great makes the game quite involving.

Was it the Deluge map? Oh the fun I had there. I made a 4 minute video of trying to cross it.

Was it the Deluge map? Oh the fun I had there. I made a 4 minute video of trying to cross it.

Not that one, not reached that map yet. Its amazing how engrossing it can get, I do get heavy handed some times and end up tipping the vehicle in the water lol
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator

Not that one, not reached that map yet. Its amazing how engrossing it can get, I do get heavy handed some times and end up tipping the vehicle in the water lol

Oh... do you mean the map with the wide river that runs the whole length of the map, right down the middle? If so, I had a lot of trouble on that one too.

Oh... do you mean the map with the wide river that runs the whole length of the map, right down the middle? If so, I had a lot of trouble on that one too.

It may be that one, I have not progressed very far. Despite having roughly 100 games on my Xbox One X I rarely play any of them, I don't have the attention span that I used to have. Years ago I would play games for hours on end, now I am lucky if I manage 30 minutes.
    there are rumors of both a new batman Arkham game and Batman telltale season 3
    I'd be surprised if we never got another Batman installment from them, @Risico007. I've recently re-downloaded Arkham Knight so I can go through all of the DLC, looking forward to it eventually. I've been playing so many games lately in the search for more Platinums/trophies and simply completing old stuff I haven't touched in years. Working through Prey for the first time now and I'm loving it. Not as fun to me as the original but it's still a blast, with some real Bioshock and System Shock vibes.
    I have a copy of Prey, but I haven't managed to get around to it.

I've had it for months and after finishing up Far Cry 3 Remastered and Resident Evil 3 I figured it was time to finally dive into it. I've got so many others to check out next with no idea which one to start. I'll take days sometimes trying to decide on one and then once I do, I'm off.
    'Sherlock Holmes: Chapter One' reveal trailer

Not sure what to think about that, really. Reading some of the comments, I think The Devils Daughter has an unfair reputation. It wasn't as good as Crimes & Punishments, but it wasn't beyond the pale.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited May 2020 Posts: 3,000

Prey is phenomenal! Reminiscent of both Alien: Isolation and the Bioshock series (so I’m told, having never played the latter). I believe completion took me around 41 hours.
    edited June 2020 Posts: 15,690

Is it really time for the new generation already?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

Seven years. Same gap between the PS3 and PS4.

Seven years. Same gap between the PS3 and PS4.

Seven years? Feels like the turnover of generations is speeding up. Must be me getting older.
    Figured I might hold off but after those reveals yesterday, I'm definitely aiming to get a PS5 day one. Can't wait for most of those titles (though despite my love for the series, I'll definitely be holding off on Hitman 3 until I see more. Looks the exact same as Hitman 2, my second least favorite title in the series).