Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• edited April 2020 Posts: 332
    Denbigh wrote: »
    I don't know where else to post this so I'm gonna put it here. I did a fan casting list for Bond 26, with my suggestions for a whole new cast. I've actually decided to use Aidan Turner as he seems the most popular choice here, and don't wanna make this list about that.

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls099027175/

Why not just use the team they have now?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    M_Blaise wrote: »
    Auditioning for Han Solo because you're super famous and Christopher Nolan once cast you doe not equal credibility.
    I don't know where else to post this so I'm gonna put it here. I did a fan casting list for Bond 26, with my suggestions for a whole new cast. I've actually decided to use Aidan Turner as he seems the most popular choice here, and don't wanna make this list about that.

Why not just use the team they have now?
    Well I wanted to imagine the series if they were to reboot again, but not bother with origin stories. Just a bit fun, would like to hear your thoughts on the choices?
    Who auditioned for Han Solo?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Getafix wrote: »
    Who auditioned for Han Solo?
    Harry Styles I think.
    Dev Patel as Bond.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    I saw on a Batman forum, a lot of people were mentioning Oliver Jackson-Cohen as a prospect for that role. Which made me think, perhaps he could be Bond. I did a bit of research and he seems to be a prospect. He's on a Netflix series that I know was popular last year and was the titular Invisible Man in the 2020 film.....he's only 33 and English.

ojc-f.jpg
    Haunting-1280x720.jpg
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    @Pierce2Daniel Oooo yes I like it. He's great in Haunting of Hill House and The Invisible Man, I see it :)
    Interesting. Planning to watch Invisible Man soon.
    Finally a new actor I can get behind I like oliver
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I never thought of him as Bond material but I did like him in The Invisible Man. He also played a hitman in Faster.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I can't say I know him from anything. However Oliver Jackson-Cohen does have potential.
    I'll have to do so more research. Good nomination @Pierce2Daniel
    Interesting. Planning to watch Invisible Man soon.

Indeed.....it's put Invisible Man higher on my watch list as well. I was excited to go and see it in the cinema before the lockdown.
    Benny wrote: »
    I can't say I know him from anything. However Oliver Jackson-Cohen does have potential.
    I'll have to do so more research. Good nomination @Pierce2Daniel

He certainly has potential, especially if Eon want to go down the 'unknown' route (he also has another 2-3 years to raise his profile). I think with Daniel Craig's casting in 2005, Eon went down the 'Indie darling' route.

Two big prospects also appear in the sequel to last year's renowned film, 'The Souvenir.' If the fall festivals are on, then I assume both Joe Alwyn and Harris Dickinson will be in consideration. It'll depend on whether Eon want the next actor to have 'indie' cred...

PRI_103761205.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=768%2C1098&ssl=1
    Harris+Dickinson+World+Premiere+Disney+Maleficent+mq6LI7PFNFnl.jpg
    Could be the first actor to play Bond with a triple barrel name.
    Oliver Jackson-Cohen. Interesting.............I should watch new version THE INVISIBLE MAN. Finally a name I can see some Bondian potential there.
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    He looks a little too caricaturistic for my liking
    Oliver_Jackson-Cohen_%2830583943977%29.jpg

oliver-jackson-cohen-invisible-man.jpg
    I've seen the Haunting series. Good show. Wouldn't like him as Bond. Not one bit. Doesn't have the face, the voice, the style. Looks too bland, IMO.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

Would still like to hear what people think of this :)
  • JeremyBondonJeremyBondon Seeking out odd jobs with Oddjob @Tangier
    edited April 2020 Posts: 1,318

Would still like to hear what people think of this :)

Of course, @Denbigh , I wholeheartedly agree with your excellent casting of one Aidan Turner. If the next Bond film would be a modern one again then I do like your choices, not bad indeed. If however, my preference, it would be a period Bond (the golden days) then I'd prefer a different list.

Brühl as the main villain would definitely be interesting.
    Bruhl is good in everything, so I'd throw my support behind that idea too.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2020 Posts: 5,869
    @JeremyBondon Thanks for your thoughts. Interesting about your choice in era. For me, going forward and whoever the next James Bond is, I think the best idea would be to reboot the franchise, keep it modern-day, but avoid more origins. Just have a new Bond, Q, Moneypenny and M without having to explain how they got there. Like what they seem to be doing with The Batman. Origin stories aren't the "trend" anymore anyway.
  • suavejmfsuavejmf Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England
    Revelator wrote: »
    Golding has a few too many tattoos. Not good for a secret agent.

We are casting James Bond, not Colonel Sun.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 11,425

I've always said the entire cast of Rush would make for a good Bond movie. Hemsworth as Bond. Bruhl the villain. Alexandra Maria Lara and Olivia Wilde to top it off. Lots of other character actors in the film who would also be perfect in a Bond film.

And while they're at it EON could even ask Ron Howard to direct.

They tried Peter Morgan for writing but that didn't seem to work out too well.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited April 2020 Posts: 7,526

I've always said the entire cast of Rush would make for a good Bond movie. Hemsworth as Bond. Bruhl the villain. Alexandra Maria Lara and Olivia Wilde to top it off. Lots of other character actors in the film who would also be perfect in a Bond film.

This would make a cool thread. "Which film's cast would you transplant into a Bond film?"

Just watched Batman Begins, which is similar in some ways to a Bond film already, so the casting would be easy. I'd make Freeman M and Caine Q, even though Freeman is clearly the Q character in BB.

I can see that. The females especially. We'll go the full whack and stick Natalie Dormer in there too. She's very talented.
    It's a pity that Dornan's first introduction to worldwide audiences was those awful Fifty Shades films, as he's quite a capable actor and yes, very handsome.
    He looks the part but really not sure about his acting. Don't think 50 Shades matters too much.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2020 Posts: 5,869
    Dakota Johnson has done some real interesting things sine Fifty Shades, and has built quite the fanbase - deservedly so. I think Jamie Dornan also has the potential to do so.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8,038
    He looks the part but really not sure about his acting. Don't think 50 Shades matters too much.

No, it probably wouldn't matter. That was just my own personal view on what would have been his big mainstream break.

He was really good in The Fall, and he was a great Pat Quinlan in The Siege of Jadotville, which was a pretty good film too.
    Doesn't he lack gravitas?
    Maybe not.