No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    I’m dying to see the bond vs safin showdown in the woods

Me too... Looks like Safin won this battle. Bond was a step or two and a helicopter's propellors behind him.

Very curious...
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I’m dying to see the bond vs safin showdown in the woods

Yes! The whole car chase with the Land Rovers & the foot chase through the woods. Cannot wait! Also curious about Bond’s outfit choice for that scene.
    I think the film peaks during the third act.

Matera looks like a strong opening , Cuba looks a bit smaller scale more intimate.

Norway and safins base looks action packed and visceral. Especially bond blowing the henchman up in the tv spot.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I think the film peaks during the third act.

Matera looks like a strong opening , Cuba looks a bit smaller scale more intimate.

Norway and safins base looks action packed and visceral. Especially bond blowing the henchman up in the tv spot.

Jamaica is intimate but Cuba looks bombastic too.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Getafix wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I just finished watching The Third Man with Orson Welles. I really hope the climax of No Time To Die takes some inspiration from this film with a chase through an underground labyrinth of tunnels. These tunnels could be like what we have seen in the various trailers. I think that would be quite exciting.

I thought Skyfall was going to reference the Third Man. But it didnt.

You just don't like that film, we get it.
    I’m planning to watch Unholy Desire by Imamura since Cary referenced it as a major influence. Pretty curious about that.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 17,279
    Penpen wrote: »
    Is the BLACKBIRD rig something similar to what they used when they shots scenes for the film on the Atlantic Road last year?

No, that's an array vehicle, it's a fast vehicle which drives the path the vehicles drive (often faster than when cast are in the car as they will be slightly slower for safety). The one in those images has the cameras split into two groups, one set at the front, the other at the back, sometimes it's a fixed circle of cameras as seen in some of the photos from Matera. It films a 360 background plate (with I think cameras at roughly head height of people in the car), and also a camera that points up at the sky. Basically it's used for two reasons, one to be the background for after you've filmed the dialogue against blue/green screen in the studio, the other is a newer reason and that's to play back on set around the car to help get accurate lighting and reflections in windows and on the vehicle. In the second case the background behind cast is usually still green/blue but the rest is moving so that less post work has to be done on inserting reflections on the car. It can help cast a little while they are sitting in the car so they see roughly where they are on their journey but that's definitely not the reason for playing it back!

However that said I feel along with the Blackbird being the shape that will be replaced by a car it does look like it is capturing the environment for exactly the same reasons.

Thanks for the detailed explanation, @Penpen! The article where these photos are from didn't offer any details beyond what you wrote here (and slightly less, I might add). The similarity in looks to the Blackbird had me thinking if it could serve some of the same purposes. The lack of motion capture tags on the body of the vehicle (as mentioned by @CraigMooreOHMSS) is apparent though.
    JamesCraig wrote: »
    Getafix wrote: »
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    I just finished watching The Third Man with Orson Welles. I really hope the climax of No Time To Die takes some inspiration from this film with a chase through an underground labyrinth of tunnels. These tunnels could be like what we have seen in the various trailers. I think that would be quite exciting.

I thought Skyfall was going to reference the Third Man. But it didnt.

You just don't like that film, we get it.

Not sure that's relevant.

The underground chase in London reminded me of the Third Man and I thought the film might make an overt reference.

It's a shame it didn't IMO. As any chase through underground tunnels is going to make most people think of the Third Man anyway so why not throw in a knowing wink to the audience. The early Bonds did plenty of that.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I would have been seeing NTTD tonight.

Me last Wednesday or Friday.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Contraband wrote: »
    mtm wrote: »
    The first tweet has exclusive info from James Bond radios journalist plus I did some image research. And although you've seen the rest, it has all the correct location names

Plus, the old market in Port Antonio where Craig was driving the land rover: The market square had been dressed up to look like Cuba plus they had cuban soldiers or maybe police on the set. All according to James Bond radios journalist Matthew Chernov.

Thought you Bondnerds would like to know that

Thanks for the links!
    Would a seaplane take off from an aerodrome?

@mtm "An aerodrome is the part of an airport that is used by aircraft" says wiki

I have checked the Aerodrome's Facebook and they usually have seaplanes on that landing strip.

Must have little wheels I guess! :)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Stark wrote: »
    I just listened the french podcast "Parlons péloches" and I can confirm the words of Youen Leclerc (who worked on visual effects) about the Valhalla.

He said exactly : "They filmed the sequence with this car and after looking at the images they discovered that ultimately they did not like this car very much. Rather than re-film the sequence, we digitally reconstructed an Aston Martin DBS".

That is fascinating. I know the BLACKBIRD rig has been gaining popularity but it's interesting to hear that they simply just swapped out one car for another.

Is the BLACKBIRD rig something similar to what they used when they shots scenes for the film on the Atlantic Road last year?

I literally posted the video of the Blackbird just up the thread! :D
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited April 2020 Posts: 14,949
    So it is a Caterham. ;)

No, it’s a Tiger. The clue is the big lettering saying ‘Tiger’ on it ;)
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    So it is a Caterham. ;)

Ah yes I see it now. :-?
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 6,677
    matt_u wrote: »
    I’m planning to watch Unholy Desire by Imamura since Cary referenced it as a major influence. Pretty curious about that.
    Me too.
    So it is a Caterham. ;)

Yes, they're a sort of Caterham's rival kit car. As Mk are.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    007 Magazine NTTD deluxe LE publication, shown with Bond's burnt 'forgive me' note

49760003853_469f5bca07_o.png
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Univex wrote: »
    Me too.
    So it is a Caterham. ;)

Yes, they're a sort of Caterham's rival kit car. As Mk are.

I also was planning on watching Unholy Desire. I watched a short clip and read a pretty detailed synopsis the other day and it looks quite well done. I think Cary will harken back to a lot of Classic Film with NTTD, he seems to have a healthy appreciation for it.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 4,400
    QBranch wrote: »
    007 Magazine NTTD deluxe LE publication, shown with Bond's burnt 'forgive me' note

Marvellous.

Is it full of juicy spoilers? Someone should let forum-legend @Contraband know that this exists...

source.gif
    Release a PDF!
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden

Marvellous.

Is it full of juicy spoilers? Someone should let forum-legend @Contraband know that this exists...

source.gif

@Pierce2Daniel Already know... Sold out:

http://www.007magazine.co.uk/

Marvellous.

source.gif

c4cdb1dd99ca48217492870b5d942c02.gif

Bugger....any chance you can get some scans or photos @QBranch
    I've been a member here less then a year, and already a legend.. Not bad, not bad at all

:P

Marvellous.

source.gif

Try sending Graham Rye, Editor/Designer/Publisher, an email, asking nicely if there's any chance he can print more copies

mail: editor (at) 007magazine co uk

Marvellous.

source.gif

Try sending Graham Rye, Editor/Designer/Publisher, an email, asking nicely if there's any chance he can print more copies

mail: editor (at) 007magazine co uk

I'll doubt we will see anything more months considering the rona is taking over.... Help us @QBranch you're our only hope
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.

I'll doubt we will see anything more months considering the rona is taking over.... Help us @QBranch you're our only hope

Just to clarify, there are no new details or photos in the magazine, which recaps what we already know, as well as the previous Craig films.
    Some bad news.

As you may know, Italy has been a kind of model for other countries regarding the battle against the coronavirus. Well, now that the curve is slowing down by May 3rd the country will enter the so-called Phase 2 and it's fresh news that Italy plans to re-open cinemas and theaters in DECEMBER.

So guys, be prepared to witness another delay for NTTD.
  • As soon as this pandemic got serious worldwide, I figured a Nov theatrical release is a best case scenario. 2021 is the most likely option. But now that EON announced a Nov date, it'll be pushed again.
    Some bad news.

As you may know, Italy has been a kind of model for other countries regarding the battle against the coronavirus. Well, now that the curve is slowing down by May 3rd the country will enter the so-called Phase 2 and it's fresh news that Italy plans to re-open cinemas and theaters in DECEMBER.

Is there a link somewhere about this?

If cinemas remain closed that long I'm certain there will be certain even tentpoles - I think NTTD would be among the first in line - who'll legit explore going straight to VOD.

Cinemas shutting down for so long in general is gonna have a massive impact on that specific industry. And everyone was thinking cinemas were reopening in July...
    edited April 2020 Posts: 4,343
    antovolk wrote: »
    Some bad news.

Is there a link somewhere about this?

If cinemas remain closed that long I'm certain there will be certain even tentpoles - I think NTTD would be among the first in line - who'll legit explore going straight to VOD.

Cinemas shutting down for so long in general is gonna have a massive impact on that specific industry. And everyone was thinking cinemas were reopening in July...

I just heart it on the TV. There is a brand new task force working on it, planning a gradual re-opening of activities and as for now the target for cinemas is December. Obviously, as for now, nothing is set in stone but the government has already established that cinemas, theaters and clubs will be the last to witness a green light. Anyway July seems too early to me. A couple of weeks ago Trump stated "I will re-open US by Easter", if I'm not mistaken...
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I'm not bothered either way to be honest. This virus and people's lives are more important so whatever decision is made going forward I'll go with, and we'll see the film when we see it. Still super exited :D
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Would people seriously prefer a theatrical release in a year (or longer) vs a digital release in the next couple months? If you ask me, I would much rather watch it at home tomorrow with my current setup then wait another year.

I'm usually the first person to defend the theatrical experience, but 6 years is a totally insane amount of time to wait for a Bond film mid-era. Charge me $40 for all I care, I'll gladly watch NTTD for the first time in the comfort of my own home rather than wait another year.

Besides, even if they decide to release it digitally, a theatrical release somewhere down the line is inevitable.