Do you have any concerns or niggles about NTTD ,or are you full of confidence ?

Comments

007Blofeld wrote: »
    Could be worse. I could negatively overreact to the casting of an African-English actor as James Bond like those folks on twitter.

Maybe because Bond was written white of course that doesn't matter because pc culture can turn things into what ever it wants usually make the brand unregconizable and a laughing stock and move on to destroy the next thing. Its really no different to the cronovirus. Your not part of the Twitter mob that's surprising that's good. I'll give you credit there they are way more harsh.

Uhm…That's really not comparable @007Blofeld. Not at all.
    @Torgeirtrap no it's not really not your right it's more like the black plague.

Please say this is a joke (and if so, it's really in bad taste)…

I think he genuinely meant comparing coronavirus to the Black Plague, rather than intentionally mean to refer to casting black actors in white roles.

Hope so! (I'm sure he can clarify).
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    @007Blofeld if you want people to stop making fun of you, stop posting comments that are easily made fun of.

@CraigMooreOHMSS so I can't say what I want maybe to you it's silly go ahead but your only being a bully and a troll I hope you have a great life living that way.

You're absolutely allowed say what you want, just as we are allowed pull it apart if we find it idiotic. That's how free speech works, dude. Grow up.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS no I'm not allowed to because it has to agree with your prospective otherwise its idoitic. That's not free speech.
    Could be worse. I could negatively overreact to the casting of an African-English actor as James Bond like those folks on twitter.

Maybe because Bond was written white of course that doesn't matter because pc culture can turn things into what ever it wants usually make the brand unregconizable and a laughing stock and move on to destroy the next thing. Its really no different to the cronovirus. Your not part of the Twitter mob that's surprising that's good. I'll give you credit there they are way more harsh.

It's typically consistent with some of the other things he has come out with in relation to Lashana Lynch. Racism thinly veiled as being upset with "things being ruined".
    Oh yeah its consistent alright I wasn't even talking about her i think she would be great anyway maybe she will if she wasn't used as an agenda unlike ana de Armas I would be fine just because I don't like a part doesn't mean I'm automatically secretly racist now look it who is the one that is idoitic now your just spewing lies and writing stuff i didn't even say.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS no I'm not allowed to because it has to agree with your prospective otherwise its idoitic. That's not free speech. I'm done with this your just being silly now. Have a great day let's just end this.

You’re better off not letting these kind of thoughts get to you. It’s all fictional works. Relax. Take a chill pill. Lashana Lynch isn’t ruining lives by being cast as a new 00 agent.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    @007Blofeld if you want people to stop making fun of you, stop posting comments that are easily made fun of.

@CraigMooreOHMSS so I can't say what I want maybe to you it's silly go ahead but your only being a bully and a troll I hope you have a great life living that way.

You're absolutely allowed say what you want, just as we are allowed pull it apart if we find it idiotic. That's how free speech works, dude. Grow up.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS no I'm not allowed to because it has to agree with your prospective otherwise its idoitic. That's not free speech.

It's typically consistent with some of the other things he has come out with in relation to Lashana Lynch. Racism thinly veiled as being upset with "things being ruined".
    Oh yeah its consistent alright I wasn't even talking about her i think she would be great anyway maybe she will if she wasn't used as an agenda unlike ana de Armas I would be fine just because I don't like a part doesn't mean I'm automatically secretly racist now look it who is the one that is idoitic now your just spewing lies and writing stuff i didn't even say.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS no I'm not allowed to because it has to agree with your prospective otherwise its idoitic. That's not free speech. I'm done with this your just being silly now. Have a great day let's just end this.

You’re better off not letting these kind of thoughts get to you. It’s all fictional works. Relax. Take a chill pill. Lashana Lynch isn’t ruining lives by being cast as a new 00 agent.

I never said she was ruining mine I'm fine with her as new 00 agent like 009 I think it would be cool how we find out who that was. It would be such a fitting tie in. If not I guess we won't know who 009 is.
    So even if she’s the new 007 that Bond meets, let’s not act like ruined the franchise.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    So even if she’s the new 007 that Bond meets, let’s not act like ruined the franchise.

And even if she did... we. won't. know. before. November.... Is that such a hard concept to understand for people?

Hey you know what, since apparently that's how the world works in 2020, i'll just declare myself a millionaire... why wait until i actually earned the money? Am i doing this right?
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    00Agent wrote: »

And even if she did... we. won't. know. before. November.... Is that such a hard concept to understand for people?

Unfortunately.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I predict more memes in the future...please add more.

Forget the memes. Any response to the above post?

Is there anything I could possibly say that would change anyone's mind(s)? This thread is about niggles, concerns, whatever, so all that I stated are mine. If you have none, why are you posting here?
    I’ll be interested to see if the runtime remains 2 hr 43 min. Obviously there will be some minor edits going on, but we’ll see to what extent the runtime might change between now and Nov.

I can't imagine it'll change too much at all.

If the re-shoots are actually happening the runtime will change a lot.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome

Is there anything I could possibly say that would change anyone's mind(s)? This thread is about niggles, concerns, whatever, so all that I stated are mine. If you have none, why are you posting here?

Take it easy, brother. And where does this "reshoots" thing come from?

So, that's a no then.
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited March 2020 Posts: 7,526
    I’ll be interested to see if the runtime remains 2 hr 43 min. Obviously there will be some minor edits going on, but we’ll see to what extent the runtime might change between now and Nov.

They aren't.

The man talking to you now, the man inside your head, is Nick22, Chief Reshoots Officer for EON Productions. The author of all Bond reshoots.

If things change I'll let you know.

They aren't.

The man talking to you now, the man inside your head, is Nick22, Chief Reshoots Officer for EON Productions. The author of all Bond reshoots.

Is that even real? ;)
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2020 Posts: 2,541

Ok, let's imagine what you are saying is right. No time to die was about to release in April until delay, it was shot completely even tickets were prebooked that means they were satisfied with what they wanted, they even had a proper last day at set for Daniel i believe, most of crew was done and move on to their next job. Now i am no expert, neither do i work in film industry like @peter or others but how is it possible to ask people to start doing reshoots all of a sudden and act however you want it, as far as i know any organize sector requires people to be informed beforehand. I doubt they can reshoot in just a few months and edit the clips( which were already done) and mess it up with whatever they were satisfied with.

All other film's delay actually confirm that EON did the right thing and no one actually will say that other film's are doing reshoots, do you know why? because they aren't generating any controversy at the moment like NTTD.

They aren't.

e36e3-roger_moore_jamesbondreview-filminspector-com_1.gif?w=349
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada

They aren't.

I could watch this gif all day. I love this scene; especially when Melina laughs at his quip; you never see that. Fantastic fun.
    NTTD originally had tickets on sale, which seriously debunks the whole "reshoots" rumor. Then there's the fact that a whole bunch of other films have been delayed... but I guess they're all getting reshoots as well?

And the folks that started up that rumor are Midnight's Edge, who basically make up rumors about certain franchises because their followers eat it up every time. And it's usually about the same subjects "this franchise is being ruined because of PC/Feminist/SJW agendas", because it plays to their base who hate all that kind of stuff.

I used to follow them awhile back, but as more time passed I realized how full of it they are. If everything they said about Star Trek was true, we wouldn't have a surge of Star Trek shows on CBS All Access.

They aren't.

I could watch this gif all day. I love this scene; especially when Melina laughs at his quip; you never see that. Fantastic fun.

It is very wholesome. I don't rate the film very much but I do love that sequence!
  • @007Blofeld if you want people to stop making fun of you, stop posting comments that are worthy of being made fun of.

+1
    If you ever watched TMWTGG and are still a Bond fan then NTTD is is going to be just fine no matter how it turns out.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    TMWTGG isn't that bad, its parts are better than when whole. Christopher Lee is the series' best villain, and the climactic duel is also a highpoint. I like the score as well.
    I don’t hate TMWTGG, but it’s in my bottom 5 (#21), so I certainly hope it’s at least better.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    delfloria wrote: »
    If you ever watched TMWTGG and are still a Bond fan then NTTD is is going to be just fine no matter how it turns out.

Well I prefer Golden Gun to SP, so there's the small flaw in your statement... 🤔
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    This thread is about niggles, concerns, whatever, so all that I stated are mine. If you have none, why are you posting here?
    Those would be the board responders who are full of confidence. One half of the subject line.

It would be a shame to include them out.
    TMWTGG does commit sizeism, so I don’t blame if anyone if that makes them uncomfortable.
    Ouch, Golden Gun over SPECTRE?!?!? Point well taken on the above posts. Just goes to show you that once again no matter how NTTD turns out it will have it's fans no matter what niggles there are. So far it looks good to me, especially after that BTS featurette with the director.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    @Resurrection -- considering that film shoots and TV shows around the globe are putting a pause on production every day, the idea that James Bond is re-shooting, getting cast and crews together, getting on planes and the like, is patently false.

If anything the editors are there tweaking what they would've tweaked with the original release date!

This is a finished film folks.

Well I prefer Golden Gun to SP, so there's the small flaw in your statement... 🤔

So do I. Quite easily!
    Ouch, Golden Gun over SPECTRE?!?!? Point well taken on the above posts. Just goes to show you that once again no matter how NTTD turns out it will have it's fans no matter what niggles there are. So far it looks good to me, especially after that BTS featurette with the director.

Opinions, it's really something.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    peter wrote: »
    @Resurrection -- considering that film shoots and TV shows around the globe are putting a pause on production every day, the idea that James Bond is re-shooting, getting cast and crews together, getting on planes and the like, is patently false.

If anything the editors are there tweaking what they would've tweaked with the original release date!

This is a finished film folks.

There we go, thanks for that @peter . We could definitely expect new release date on that.
  • edited March 2020 Posts: 1,394

So do I. Quite easily!

Same here.I rewatched TMWTGG recently and its really good fun.I cant say the same about Spectre.