NTTD - Official Trailer Discussion Thread - First trailer OUT NOW (MINOR SPOILERS ALLOWED)

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    zebrafish wrote: »
    And 4DX also can be applied to 2D films. There we have it: NTTD is a regular 2D film with optional effects.
    See I'd be interested in this experience but after watching the film in a normal 2D screen. I need no distractions during my first viewing haha :D
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    4DX is one of the worst things ever invented. It's a terrible way to experience any film, never mind something as special as Bond.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Blofeld will return in...

Ernie, The Fastest Milkman In The West
  • goldenswissroyalegoldenswissroyale Switzerland
    Denbigh wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »
    And 4DX also can be applied to 2D films. There we have it: NTTD is a regular 2D film with optional effects.
    See I'd be interested in this experience but after watching the film in a normal 2D screen. I need no distractions during my first viewing haha :D

Thanks for your explanations. It could be fun to watch a movie this way, but definitely not what I need for a Bond film.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Simulated snow sounds hilarious though :)
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Dubbed promo version (german)

• NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Blofeld will return in...

Ernie, The Fastest Milkman In The West

We'll never forget old Ernie.
  • I’m surprised no one is talking about the vlog that Fukunaga released yesterday talking about the movie and featuring new footage.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/no-time-to-die-vlog-cary-joji-fukunaga?id=04661
    I’m surprised no one is talking about the vlog that Fukunaga released yesterday talking about the movie and featuring new footage.

https://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/no-time-to-die-vlog-cary-joji-fukunaga?id=04661

People have been talking about it already:D
    Contraband wrote: »

I don't speak Deutsch but gott in himmel, that dubbing is awful.

So glad nothing gets dubbed in the UK. Much rather watch something with subtitles than have to sit through that kind of atrocity.
    I’m surprised no one is talking about the vlog that Fukunaga released yesterday talking about the movie and featuring new footage.

Everyone was talking about it. Yesterday
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 14,800
    Walecs wrote: »
    antovolk wrote: »
    The 'previously on Bond' official short edits continue

Whenever I see that clip I can't help but laugh at all the people who were 100% sure that Blofeld would not even get mentioned in this movie and believed Waltz's words when he denied he would return.

And the people who said that the next Bond movie would be completely self contained with no mention whatsoever of SP.
  • Getafix wrote: »

Really? Which thread?

• zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    Getafix wrote: »

Really? Which thread?

No Time to Die production thread
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 25
    Deleted
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

So glad nothing gets dubbed in the UK. Much rather watch something with subtitles than have to sit through that kind of atrocity.

The only problem with subtitles is you are constantly reading the subtitles while watching the film which is actually kind of distracting. To be honest it's hard to completely enjoy the film as well visually. If I want to watch a film in different language i would rather first learn that language.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQgeJmCMLlqagXhLQa1HkmOtFziOsYVdBU6X6ncVfarX_5DeJpo
  • DeerAtTheGatesDeerAtTheGates Belgium

The only problem with subtitles is you are constantly reading the subtitles while watching the film which is actually kind of distracting. To be honest it's hard to completely enjoy the film as well visually. If I want to watch a film in different language i would rather first learn that language.

You know what’s annoying? Watching a film with a double set of subtitles, both French and Dutch. And then seeing that the French subtitles have Bond addressing Moneypenny with the informal ‘tu’ and M with the formal ‘vous’ (as it should be), but in Dutch Bond addresses Moneypenny with the formal ‘u’, where he would’ve definitely used ‘je’. That bugs me.

(Luckily the home media releases correct it, but it’s very weird to read a sentence in which Bond is seducing a lady in a very formal way)
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Reading subtitles is like second nature for me and my Wife.

We watch subtitled TV shows all the time.

Dubbing is so distracting, subtitles all the time.
    Shardlake wrote: »

+1

Don't like subtitles, learn the language ;)

I once went on the dubbing thread and said dubbing was for dumb people. I got lynched. But I still wholeheartedly believe what I said.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    edited February 2020 Posts: 8,000
    My problem with dub is that I’m not getting the voice of the original actors, and it’s outside of the reach of how the directors what their characters to sound like. This line does get blurred with animated features, but even then I may still watch in its original language with subs.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 12,916
    You know what’s annoying? Watching a film with a double set of subtitles, both French and Dutch. And then seeing that the French subtitles have Bond addressing Moneypenny with the informal ‘tu’ and M with the formal ‘vous’ (as it should be), but in Dutch Bond addresses Moneypenny with the formal ‘u’, where he would’ve definitely used ‘je’. That bugs me.
    In Asia I've watched films with three sets of subtitles--two horizontal on the lower third of the screen, plus one vertical, on the side. Lucky me I couldn't identify any shortcomings.

Ludovico wrote: »
    Whenever I see that clip I can't help but laugh at all the people who were 100% sure that Blofeld would not even get mentioned in this movie and believed Waltz's words when he denied he would return.
    And the people who said that the next Bond movie would be completely self contained with no mention whatsoever of SP.
    History repeating, mirrors the certainties that after Quantum of Solace the Quantum organization would never again be mentioned in a Bond film. And surety Jesper Christensen as Mr. White would never return.

The only time there should be dubbing is in kids TV shows and movies.

I’ve seen a lot of foreign films (I love going to festivals) and after a while I forget that I’m even reading the subtitles.

It is not good though having two and even worse, three sets of subtitles on the screen. Horrible. No film should be cheapened visually like this.
    Bounine wrote: »
    The only time there should be dubbing is in kids TV shows and movies.

I’ve seen a lot of foreign films (I love going to festivals) and after a while I forget that I’m even reading the subtitles.

It is not good though having two and even worse, three sets of subtitles on the screen. Horrible. No film should be cheapened visually like this.

Agreed. One set of subtitles doesn't bother me at all, but anything more is just too much.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited February 2020 Posts: 14,861
    Univex wrote: »

+1

I once went on the dubbing thread and said dubbing was for dumb people. I got lynched. But I still wholeheartedly believe what I said.

I think most people can read :)

I’m sort of torn: neither are perfect. I’d probably lean towards subtitles as you get the original performance, but then you are looking away from their face for a good portion of the time so equally you’re missing some of it. And it also depends on the movie: if I’m watching a Hong Kong action movie I’m not going to get snobbish about it and would probably prefer dubbing as the action on screen moves so fast. I certainly wouldn’t call anyone stupid for having a preference.
    What a great ratio...
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

(Luckily the home media releases correct it, but it’s very weird to read a sentence in which Bond is seducing a lady in a very formal way)

Double set of subtitles, my God. But that story is more funny than weird. Still, it's fun to learn a new language. Subtitles are still the only option.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service

+1

You keep saying that dubbing is for dumb and ignorant people. I know English, I understand all of it when watching a movie but I still prefer dubbing in some cases.

There ya go, answer to this without using an ad hominem fallacy now. ;)

+1

You keep saying that dubbing is for dumb and ignorant people. I know English, I understand all of it when watching a movie but I still prefer dubbing in some cases.

There ya go, answer to this without using an ad hominem fallacy now. ;)

Oh yeah, I remember the lynching ;)

But @Walecs, my ad hominem fallacy was not personal. Then again, I can't for the life of me understand how an intelligent fella like yourself preferes dubbing in some cases if you understand english that well. Really don't understand that. And I don't get how you don't feel the voice and the acting behind the voice gets robbed to a degree where it's actually damaging to the actor. But like I said in the right thread, not understanding this is clearly my problem. I'm probably the dumb one here.

Now, back to the trailer. That shot of the DBS Superleggera at the airport was nice. Nice growl from the V12.