No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    TripAces wrote: »
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Maybe Fukunaga has a Secret Cameo....he seems like a playful Director, the cast & especially the crew might have been very comfortable with.....Benefits of having a Young Director, I guess.
    Let's not forget when he filmed this haha :D

I'd really like to see what Cary could do with a new Bond :)

Gutsy music choice since Jackson is under fire

Don't believe the hype.
    When one looks at the allegations, one finds more evidence of Jackson's innocence, that the other way round. Especially the 2012-case (that the 2019-"documentary" is about) falls to pieces like a house of cards.
    The media is good as putting thoughts into people's minds by re-telling the same lies several times. But that does not make it more truthfull.

And by the way: for every year since his death in 2009 he was listed as the best earning dead celebrity of the years by Forbes magazine, even last year he was millions of dollars ahead of the 2nd place. So most people around the world don't care about the allegations, because they know, that there is no truth to it. So "MJ - The Musical" will open big on Broadway this year. "Thriller - Live" still runs succesful in the West End in London since 2006. Absolutely no signs of popularity-drop.

Thank god we live in a world, where you have to prove something. And when there is no evidence (on the contrary: there is evidence against the allegations), Lea Seydoux can listen and dance to Michael Jackson as much as she likes.

I don't want to go down this rabbit hole. Seriously. But he did these things, and you're in denial if you don't think so. In fact, you're offering a counter argument with zero support. Instead, you're appealing to his celebrity status to argue his innocence. That's not good enough.

The discussion of Jackson needs to turn away from whether or not he did these things (because he did) to why. Because in many ways, he is a victim, as well. A deeper look at who he was, growing up, provides clues as to why he liked to have pajama parties with young kids (are you going to deny that this happened, as well?). He never emotionally matured beyond the age of about ten, and nobody bothered to recognize and guide him to get some help.

+1

• 00Dalton700Dalton7 Portsmouth
    Ugh Nolan directing Bond is such an old tired idea.m that people have been banging on about since Inception back in 2010! I say we need more bold choices that don’t seem obvious. Cary being such a choice!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    talos7 wrote: »
    Maybe Fukunaga has a Secret Cameo....he seems like a playful Director, the cast & especially the crew might have been very comfortable with.....Benefits of having a Young Director, I guess.

Don't believe the hype.
    When one looks at the allegations, one finds more evidence of Jackson's innocence, that the other way round. Especially the 2012-case (that the 2019-"documentary" is about) falls to pieces like a house of cards.
    The media is good as putting thoughts into people's minds by re-telling the same lies several times. But that does not make it more truthfull.

And by the way: for every year since his death in 2009 he was listed as the best earning dead celebrity of the years by Forbes magazine, even last year he was millions of dollars ahead of the 2nd place. So most people around the world don't care about the allegations, because they know, that there is no truth to it. So "MJ - The Musical" will open big on Broadway this year. "Thriller - Live" still runs succesful in the West End in London since 2006. Absolutely no signs of popularity-drop.

Thank god we live in a world, where you have to prove something. And when there is no evidence (on the contrary: there is evidence against the allegations), Lea Seydoux can listen and dance to Michael Jackson as much as she likes.

I don't want to go down this rabbit hole. Seriously. But he did these things, and you're in denial if you don't think so. In fact, you're offering a counter argument with zero support. Instead, you're appealing to his celebrity status to argue his innocence. That's not good enough.

The discussion of Jackson needs to turn away from whether or not he did these things (because he did) to why. Because in many ways, he is a victim, as well. A deeper look at who he was, growing up, provides clues as to why he liked to have pajama parties with young kids (are you going to deny that this happened, as well?). He never emotionally matured beyond the age of about ten, and nobody bothered to recognize and guide him to get some help.

+1

+2
    peter wrote: »
    Cary Fukunaga has a passion project he's been slowly, yet diligently working on for the past three years or so: the Napolean project that Stanley Kubrick never was able to make.

Cary's been given access to the research material that Kubrick amassed in over two years of research. I heard this would likely be his next undertaking (although this being Hollywood and a Kubrick project, and since this has been kicking around since 1969.... But I understand that this is what he wants to do next...)

100% correct. In fact, some of that Napolean script and research material was presented at the London Design Museum's Kubrick exhibit in Sept. A superheat exhibit.

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India

Don't believe the hype.

But back to Bond...

Well said @TripAces .
  • mrlynxmrlynx Maine
    New still with some ominous Cyrillic letters!

• ContrabandContraband Sweden
    mrlynx wrote: »

Old still actually
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Shardlake wrote: »

Don't believe the hype.

+1

+2

+3
    +4. Agreed. The days of celebrities being given free reign to do as they please by the naive and awestruck public thankfully seem to be coming to an end.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Let's just move on. I just wanted to share a video of one of the cast members having fun on set with Cary.

The music she's dancing to really doesn't matter and has nothing to do it.

Anyone wanna talk about No Time to Die? :D
    If Napoleon is his next project, it's interesting that the two most recent directors will have followed up their Bond films with passion projects that are historical dramas.

Hope the get the casting of Napoleon and Illya correct.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    delfloria wrote: »
    If Napoleon is his next project, it's interesting that the two most recent directors will have followed up their Bond films with passion projects that are historical dramas.

Hope the get the casting of Napoleon and Illya correct.
    Please tell me that was a joke haha :D
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Are those Russian letters and what they translate to.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »

Are those Russian letters and what they translate to.

запретная зона = restricted area
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 1,314
    👍🏻She’s definitely got the moves
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I think it's fair to say, Christopher Nolan looks the most likely to Direct Bond 26....with Zimmer & Marr already doing Bond, it would make for a perfect reunion in Bond 26....maybe Tom Hardy gets to play the enigmatic Villain.

I'd love to see him as a Savalas style Blofeld.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think it's fair to say, Christopher Nolan looks the most likely to Direct Bond 26....with Zimmer & Marr already doing Bond, it would make for a perfect reunion in Bond 26....maybe Tom Hardy gets to play the enigmatic Villain.

Yeah, whatever Telly did to that role that he can't be topped yet as Blofeld is amazing, maybe something to do with his Voice & Demeanor. An actor of Hardy's range would surely have given Blofeld that unpredictability. Although, I think after NTTD....it might take a long while before we see Blofeld again, given the not-too-positive reception Waltz is having. But who knows?....he might be Magnificent in NTTD.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports

Yeah, whatever Telly did to that role that he can't be topped yet as Blofeld is amazing, maybe something to do with his Voice & Demeanor. An actor of Hardy's range would surely have given Blofeld that unpredictability. Although, I think after NTTD....it might take a long while before we see Blofeld again, given the not-too-positive reception Waltz is having. But who knows?....he might be Magnificent in NTTD.

Yes. Savalas' Blofeld is the only one who is physically intimidating. While Pleasence and Waltz did well, they were more like the wizard behind the curtain.

"I mean what I say.....................and I'll do what I claim"

First time I realized he sounds exactly like Paul Williams as Swan in "The Phantom of the Paradise".
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    First time poster here. Lifelong fan of the films and books.

Been following these pages for years and thought I may as well join in.

I apologise for jumping into this thread for my first post, and don't mean to derail it.

Tentatively looking forward to NTTD. All my reservations have been covered in your discussions. I just hope it's a glorious reaffirmation of Bond as 007.

And I agree that Savalas is the best Blofeld.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Pay attention to "quite a bit will get your imagination running" I think this could also be pinpointing the Dr. No "conspiracy". Me thinks they may be taking us all for a ride haha :D

I apologise for jumping into this thread for my first post, and don't mean to derail it.

Tentatively looking forward to NTTD. All my reservations have been covered in your discussions. I just hope it's a glorious reaffirmation of Bond as 007.

Welcome, @FatherValentine. Hope you have a good time here. I know we do...most of the time ;)

Savalas was a hoot. A brilliantly divergent actor. Who better to play Blofeld, right?
  • FatherValentineFatherValentine England
    Univex wrote: »

Welcome, @FatherValentine. Hope you have a good time here. I know we do...most of the time ;)

Savalas was a hoot. A brilliantly divergent actor. Who better to play Blofeld, right?

Thanks! Yes Savalas is great.

Saw OHMSS at the Prince Charles Cinema in London just before Xmas. Great to see it on the big screen. Amazing to see it with such a big crowd, many of whom hadn't seen it before. There were gasps at the end haha.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,043
    Univex wrote: »

Most definitely of all the actors to play Blofeld, Telly is still the best.

The faceless Blofeld in FRWL & TB does take some beating but as having face and a personality, Telly takes that without a doubt.

Waltz though looks better already in the trailer, possibly thinking the caged Blofeld will be even more lethal than in the whole of SPECTRE.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Pretitle going to be around 20 minutes

https://www.darkhorizons.com/no-time-to-die-opening-runs-long/
    Now, the James Bond Live fan Twitter account reports that Cary Fukunaga’s “No Time To Die” will have the longest pre-title sequence of any James Bond movie yet – clocking in at a massive twenty minutes. VG, a Norwegian site, also quotes the film’s producer Michael G. Wilson as citing a twenty-minute pre-title runtime.

The Bond pre-titles credits have often fluctuated in length with Craig’s last two clocking in at around 12 minutes each.

Only 5 minutes longer then Twine.
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Pretitle going to be around 20 minutes

https://www.darkhorizons.com/no-time-to-die-opening-runs-long/
    Now, the James Bond Live fan Twitter account reports that Cary Fukunaga’s “No Time To Die” will have the longest pre-title sequence of any James Bond movie yet – clocking in at a massive twenty minutes. VG, a Norwegian site, also quotes the film’s producer Michael G. Wilson as citing a twenty-minute pre-title runtime.

The Bond pre-titles credits have often fluctuated in length with Craig’s last two clocking in at around 12 minutes each.

Only 5 minutes longer then Twine.

I’m guessing about 5 minutes of the Norway opening and then the rest in Matera. I was really expecting the film to have a standard-size PTS just set in Norway then start the main film in Matera after the credits, but they probably went this direction because A) they want Bond to be in it & B) the film is the longest one in the series - longest PTS therefore fits. Hopefully they pull it off well anyway. Personally I do hope it’s not going to become the standard moving forward.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    I've said this loads of times so I apologise but I just think it makes sense structurally @FoxRox. To me if I was editing this film, I'd want everything after the title sequence to be present-day, so that it and the past are both self-enclosed and separate by the theme :)

Also emotionally it makes sense to have the title song follow Matera. It wouldn't make sense to have a song about betrayal before the person's supposedly been betrayed.
    I've said this loads of times so I apologise but I just think it makes sense structurally @FoxRox. To me if I was editing this film, I'd want everything after the title sequence to be present-day, so that it and the past are both self-enclosed and separate by the theme :)

Also emotionally it makes sense to have the title song follow Matera. It wouldn't make sense to have a song about betrayal before the person's supposedly been betrayed.

True enough. I'm sure it will work out in the context of the film. I just prefer the PTS in general to be more a little more compact, but for the film it should be fine.