No Time to Die production thread

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited February 2020 Posts: 5,834
    Ryan wrote: »
    talos7 wrote: »
    We just may get to see him usher in a new Bond .
    With EON's (usual) tradition of asking back the previous film's director I'd imagine it's very possible.

Hey, maybe he can even convince Craig to do one more. ;)
    Especially if NTTD is a success :) Although it definitely depends on what route they take with the new Bond :)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Denbigh wrote: »
    With EON's (usual) tradition of asking back the previous film's director I'd imagine it's very possible.

Especially if NTTD is a success :)

Well, as much as I am a fan of Daniel Craig, and how he has , generally, portrayed Bond, I think it’s time for his era to end and make way for a new incarnation. All signs point to this being a fantastic film , what better way for him to take a bow.
    Also, if NTTD is as emotionally satisfying as has been purported, a return risk being anti-climatic. Go out on a high.

• DenbighDenbigh UK

Well, as much as I am a fan of Daniel Craig, and how he has , generally, portrayed Bond, I think it’s time for his era to end and make way for a new incarnation. All signs point to this being a fantastic film , what better way for him to take a bow.
    Also, if NTTD is as emotionally satisfying as has been purported, a return risk being anti-climatic. Go out on a high.
    Oh I was talking about Cary being picked for director with a new Bond if NTTD is successful. I don't think Craig is gonna come back at all, whether NTTD is a success or not.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,081

Oh I was talking about Cary being picked for director with a new Bond if NTTD is successful. I don't think Craig is gonna come back at all, whether NTTD is a success or not.

Agree. He has stated that he equivocally wanted to leave after SP but felt the need to wrap up the storyline created in that film. Then there's also the fact he was offered a lot of money to come back. I think now that the narrative will come to a close, we will see a new actor take on the role. No chance Craig is going to return.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    Also this has been heavily marketed as his last, whereas I think people just got confused with Spectre. I think that film was just them covering their arses in case he didn't want to come back. Like with most Craig Bond films, they introduce the idea of a possible sequel, but have an ending that could be seen as a final shot in my opinion, if you think about it... (CR: Bond, James Bond/QOS: Necklace in the Snow/SF: "With Pleasure" and SP: Madeleine/Aston)

...I would just like to see Cary return honestly. I may change my mind after the film, but for now I'm loving everything I'm seeing, even seeing these photos on set with him make me so much more excited for the film.

I don't even need the MI6 regulars. If you want to recast them you can. As long as Cary's on board with some good writers, I'm happy. If he wants to try and shape a new James Bond with Barbara and Michael or even Barbara and Gregg, I'd let him.

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'll wait to see NTTD before I start thinking of another film with CJF at the helm. From what I've seen and read, he appears to be just what this film needed. An exciting and confident storyteller and leader. I am truly excited to see what kind of Bond film he has given us. Thus far I have no reason for concern.
    However, would CJF want too come back for a follow up. Even with a new actor. I get the feeling he's a director who likes to leave his mark and move on. Especially if NTTD is well received, it could be a case of a repeat of the Mendes movies. SF well received, SP not well received.
    I guess we'll find out. If NTTD is as good as we hope it is, and CJF is up for it, then ushering a new Bond would be fine with me. Maybe he could be the new John Glen.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    You're right @Benny I'm really basing this on the levity and freshness he seems to have brought to it. After Spectre, which I think felt quite drab in tone, it's great to see someone bring some life and colour into the franchise again, and not just on screen either.

Everything we've seen from behind the scenes just seems a lot more positive despite the heavy backlash this film has been receiving, every cast and crew members looks incredibly excited for this film. To me, back in 2015, it felt like they were just selling the film they made, whereas this time it feels like they want us to see the film they made = if that makes sense...

...and I think Cary has a lot to do with it. He's been running the ship and all alongside the incredibles creatives on board for this film, and if this is a success should be highly thanked for taking Bond 25 on.
    Two things strike about Cary, he seems to have a clear, strong vision, and even under the immense pressure, including setbacks, he is having fun.
    Having a long-term director may be a good thing, like John Glen (personally I think he had a really good run of solid films). It certainly would help lessen gaps between films. But it definitely depends on the director. IMO, Mendes delivered a lot of greatness with SF, but SP was so stale and uninspired.

NTTD is looking like the most colorful film in the entire Craig era. I am hopeful it’s an upgrade over SP in every way.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    FoxRox wrote: »
    NTTD is looking like the most colorful film in the entire Craig era. I am hopeful it’s an upgrade over SP in every way.
    @FoxRox Me to Barbara: "Please Miss, can we keep Cary and Linus?"
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    So it’s confirmed then that the location in-movie is Norway? (Scotland will stand in for Norway) I was hoping for Japan for certain reasons...

A few months back, I had this scoop and posted it. It's the first time I have ever had any kind of inside information on set. In any case, he confirmed that the Scotland shoot was Norway.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 3,126
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Maybe Fukunaga has a Secret Cameo....he seems like a playful Director, the cast & especially the crew might have been very comfortable with.....Benefits of having a Young Director, I guess.
    Let's not forget when he filmed this haha :D

I'd really like to see what Cary could do with a new Bond :)

Gutsy music choice since Jackson is under fire

Don't believe the hype.
    When one looks at the allegations, one finds more evidence of Jackson's innocence, that the other way round. Especially the 2012-case (that the 2019-"documentary" is about) falls to pieces like a house of cards.
    The media is good as putting thoughts into people's minds by re-telling the same lies several times. But that does not make it more truthfull.

And by the way: for every year since his death in 2009 he was listed as the best earning dead celebrity of the years by Forbes magazine, even last year he was millions of dollars ahead of the 2nd place. So most people around the world don't care about the allegations, because they know, that there is no truth to it. So "MJ - The Musical" will open big on Broadway this year. "Thriller - Live" still runs succesful in the West End in London since 2006. Absolutely no signs of popularity-drop.

Thank god we live in a world, where you have to prove something. And when there is no evidence (on the contrary: there is evidence against the allegations), Lea Seydoux can listen and dance to Michael Jackson as much as she likes.

@Jan1985 unfortunately our culture doesn't believe facts only feelings. Believe all accusers regardless is the message they put out. I'm surprised Cary would take a risk and not be woke. But kudos to him for not being afraid standing up against...... I will stop there.
  • ContrabandContraband Sweden
    Three short (semi-shaky) clips from @slyfox Full upcoming video ca 13 min long with his footage.

• mtmmtm United Kingdom
    @FoxRox Me to Barbara: "Please Miss, can we keep Cary and Linus?"

I’d really have to actually see what they’ve done first before I ask that! :)
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    I think we already know what Linus has in store for us....Visual Splendor. I think Cary will be great. But Linus Doesn't affect the plot, his is to provide Striking imageries, which has been evident so far. So Linus could easily return...except he chooses not to. But I can understand Cary's return being subjective, even if he's looking good so far....fans still want to see the finished product.
  • MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    “Death of You” is confirmed, not “death of him”

I'll just say this one...

TOLD YOU SO.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Contraband wrote: »
    Three short (semi-shaky) clips from @slyfox Full upcoming video ca 13 min long with his footage.

Cheers to you both - Looking forward to the full vid!
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 2,594
    jake24 wrote: »
    Is that near Hammersmith?

No, it’s in the south London area. Almost central. Nice area.

• MakeshiftPythonMakeshiftPython “Baja?!”
    Fun fact, in the video that mail address is the same one Fleming described in THUNDERBALL in the 5th chapter "SPECTRE".
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    “Death of You” is confirmed, not “death of him”

I'll just say this one...

TOLD YOU SO.

Was it you who told us or was it him?
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Cary Fukunaga has a passion project he's been slowly, yet diligently working on for the past three years or so: the Napolean project that Stanley Kubrick never was able to make.

Cary's been given access to the research material that Kubrick amassed in over two years of research. I heard this would likely be his next undertaking (although this being Hollywood and a Kubrick project, and since this has been kicking around since 1969.... But I understand that this is what he wants to do next...)
    peter wrote: »
    Cary Fukunaga has a passion project he's been slowly, yet diligently working on for the past three years or so: the Napolean project that Stanley Kubrick never was able to make.

Cary's been given access to the research material that Kubrick amassed in over two years of research. I heard this would likely be his next undertaking (although this being Hollywood and a Kubrick project, and since this has been kicking around since 1969.... But I understand that this is what he wants to do next...)

Maybe Bond will help with the "kubrick curse" and make sure Napoleon is the greatest film never to be made :-D

But as much as I love Bond, I'm rooting for this one to finally happen, specially since the Kubrick estate has been so open to it and friendly to Cary.
  • edited February 2020 Posts: 4,400

I heard much the same...apparently word is Timothee Chalamet has been spoken to about the lead role.

Really hope it gets made.

Also, I think it's odd that Eon din't keep hold of Sam Mendes and produce 1917. I hope Barbara stays in the Fukunaga business and gets Napolean off the ground.
    If Napoleon is his next project, it's interesting that the two most recent directors will have followed up their Bond films with passion projects that are historical dramas.
  • GadgetManGadgetMan Lagos, Nigeria
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,247
    I think it's fair to say, Christopher Nolan looks the most likely to Direct Bond 26....with Zimmer & Marr already doing Bond, it would make for a perfect reunion in Bond 26....maybe Tom Hardy gets to play the enigmatic Villain.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    When does the press have screenings of no time to die so I know to start to avoid pages because of spoilers.
    When does the press have screenings of no time to die so I know to start to avoid pages because of spoilers.
    Around March 26/27
  • RyanRyan Canada

I heard much the same...apparently word is Timothee Chalamet has been spoken to about the lead role.

Really hope it gets made.

Also, I think it's odd that Eon din't keep hold of Sam Mendes and produce 1917. I hope Barbara stays in the Fukunaga business and gets Napolean off the ground.
    He probably intended for 1917 to make more than $5 at the box office. ;)
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited February 2020 Posts: 4,548
    Jan1985 wrote: »
    GadgetMan wrote: »
    Maybe Fukunaga has a Secret Cameo....he seems like a playful Director, the cast & especially the crew might have been very comfortable with.....Benefits of having a Young Director, I guess.
    Let's not forget when he filmed this haha :D

I'd really like to see what Cary could do with a new Bond :)

Gutsy music choice since Jackson is under fire

Don't believe the hype.
    When one looks at the allegations, one finds more evidence of Jackson's innocence, that the other way round. Especially the 2012-case (that the 2019-"documentary" is about) falls to pieces like a house of cards.
    The media is good as putting thoughts into people's minds by re-telling the same lies several times. But that does not make it more truthfull.

And by the way: for every year since his death in 2009 he was listed as the best earning dead celebrity of the years by Forbes magazine, even last year he was millions of dollars ahead of the 2nd place. So most people around the world don't care about the allegations, because they know, that there is no truth to it. So "MJ - The Musical" will open big on Broadway this year. "Thriller - Live" still runs succesful in the West End in London since 2006. Absolutely no signs of popularity-drop.

Thank god we live in a world, where you have to prove something. And when there is no evidence (on the contrary: there is evidence against the allegations), Lea Seydoux can listen and dance to Michael Jackson as much as she likes.

I don't want to go down this rabbit hole. Seriously. But he did these things, and you're in denial if you don't think so. In fact, you're offering a counter argument with zero support. Instead, you're appealing to his celebrity status to argue his innocence. That's not good enough.

The discussion of Jackson needs to turn away from whether or not he did these things (because he did) to why. Because in many ways, he is a victim, as well. A deeper look at who he was, growing up, provides clues as to why he liked to have pajama parties with young kids (are you going to deny that this happened, as well?). He never emotionally matured beyond the age of about ten, and nobody bothered to recognize and guide him to get some help.

But back to Bond...